Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 13, 2007 11:53 AM

Mar 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />Very funny episode
Jul 13, 2007 1:33 PM

Jun 2007
Yeah it was so funny. Keiichi's costume at the end was so wrong.... Rika and Satoko were cute though XD
hoping bloodsheds start soon.
Jul 13, 2007 5:49 PM

Apr 2007
T__T

No Blood...but this episode is hilarious. I missed Satoko and her traps and Rika is still as mysterious/kawaii as ever. Keiichi might end up being the mascot of the town or the club

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Jul 13, 2007 8:32 PM

Jul 2007
That revealed yet a bit more about the story and time loops. Things seem to be clearing up a bit, but still being really confusing.
Other than that it was a good episode. It was good to see the cast back at their crazy antics. Really laughed when Rena used her "Anti-pubescent male hardening magic".
Rika and Rena FTW.
Jul 16, 2007 1:32 AM

Jan 2007
Great episode. jobocan pretty much said everthing i wanted to say. Rena using her "Anti-pubescent male hardening magic" was just awesome. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 17, 2007 12:30 PM
Jun 2007
Rika said "Ni-Pah" twice in this episode. I think I can die happy. XD

I was wondering, at the beginning of the episode, Satoko injected something in her body. There aren't any specific details yet but could that be the substance that Rena and Mion injected in Keiichi in the first arc of the first season? Maybe that was the experiment of the Sonozaki family? Any thoughts?

Jul 17, 2007 12:52 PM

Apr 2007
If I didn't know any better I would have called Higurashi a school comedy from watching this episode. I was laughing extremely hard especially when the younger kids started spreading the rumors about Keiichi.

About Satoko's injection, I'd hazard a guess that it's used to suppress her memories. At the end of the episode Rika was rather disturbed when Satoko seemed to recall a quote that Keiichi had said before. Whereas in the first season the drug they injected Keiichi with made him suicidal.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 20, 2007 2:44 PM

Feb 2007
LOL This episode was so funny. Heh, it'll just make it harder when everything goes terribly wrong.
Jul 22, 2007 1:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, very funny episode. Rena just rocks. <3

I'm anxiously awaiting the next episode, things will get interesting.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 23, 2007 10:01 AM

Apr 2007
boring ep. best part was rena saying "kana, kana" when she finishes a question. i just love that.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 23, 2007 11:23 PM

May 2007
I liked the playfulness of this episode. Now that they got that out of the way... on to the twisted stuff.
Jul 24, 2007 12:58 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was a good change of pace with it playfulness.
But with those glaring differences of this time and the others, stuff gonna take a strange twist.

Also I can't help but feel that the Zombie Tag game will happen again but this time... its for real.
Jan 28, 2008 10:25 AM

Dec 2007
Really good, it seems that this season might have a lot more comedy than the last one unless if it just gets bloody after this. Either way I can tell this is going to be good.

#NBHNC
Mar 8, 2008 8:05 PM

Jan 2008
this was a really funny episode. the part where the girls spread the rumors was really funny. ROTFL. XD

Rika-chan's sooo kawaiiii. and she said "ni pah" like twice in this episode. XD
Apr 18, 2008 11:39 PM

Feb 2008
How can some people say that this was a boring episode? Rika said Ni-pah twice. Rena said Hauu~ many times in this ep and the kana, kana?

This episode is pure fun, and yet it's boring? Hahahaha! XD I love this episode, it's so damn funny!
May 26, 2008 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
Faust721 said:
Great episode. jobocan pretty much said everthing i wanted to say. Rena using her "Anti-pubescent male hardening magic" was just awesome. Looking forward to the next episode.

^^

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 18, 2008 7:05 PM
Apr 2008
shion > rena

zombie tag is a crappy game. anyone with 3/4 of a xerox of a brain figures out that the only strategy is to pretend you've been tagged... clearly sonozaki-domo are several rungs of intelligence ahead of the rest of the crew. which i have to say, doesn't bode well.

the alien hypothesis just doesn't take me in, especially as it doesn't explain groundhog month. higurashi is great because it always offers you enough info to be one step ahead... and you never quite manage it.

i will watch next ep tomorrow or maybe now.
Jul 7, 2008 7:52 PM

Jun 2008
Very cute episode. ^^ I'll have to watch the next episode soon enough...I want the bloodshed...or at least more of the mystery.
Jul 18, 2008 5:51 PM

Jun 2008
lol... loved the chibis and the costumes in this episodes >.<

Power Ranger Hinamizawians o__o:

It was pretty funny ^__^

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 19, 2008 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
Loved this episode, :DDDD it was hilarious and oh so entertaining !

It definately had me in deep thought though, in the end. Rika, knows everything, remembers everything. She has no idea why Kei had remembered, and suspected that Satoko had remembered as well, I wonder what the REAL deal is here,

Things reset, obviosly, and Rika remembers every single JUNE that she has lived through. Gahh, I want to know why !

AND ALSO, the whole, Kei killing kids mentioning in the last season? I need to know more about that, definately, it "might" have something to do with his tears while he hid in that shed? Maybe because deep inside he knew, what all the kids were saying was actually true, in the past that is. OR MAYBE I'm completely wrong anddd he was just SO happy that he, had beaten Mio. But still,

AND I LOVE RENA TO BITTSSS <333 ahahahahh.

next ep ~ : )
Sep 3, 2008 4:43 AM

May 2008
No violence yet T.T But still,I loved it! Keiichi never fails to make me lmao. The swan!!!! XD
Sep 12, 2008 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Well, we needed a little comedy break from all the seriousness, and this delivered. xD; The zombie tag was lolarious, especially Rena's technique and Keiichi's reaction to it. And then he has to dress up as a swan, and Irie's "omochikaeri"...funny stuff, which will all be subverted in the next episodes with gore and violence!

Even if everyone but Rika forgets previous arcs, what they learn stays with them-Shion is very loving toward Satoko (referring back to Meakashi-hen, when after she killed her, she recalled Satoshi asking her to look after Satoko), and Keiichi is understanding towards his friends when they didn't tell him about Hinamizawa's history (referring back to Tsumihoroboshi-hen when he confessed about shooting girls with a BBgun to his friends, then they assure him that everyone has stuff they don't want to bring up, so he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to).
Sep 18, 2008 2:58 AM

Mar 2008
LMAO OMG!!!! i was watching this in the middle of the night and i had to hold my hand on my mouth to keep my laughter quiet! XD

I so want to play zombie tag now!!!!! =D
Oct 4, 2008 4:24 AM

May 2008
Now that episode was just plain fun.:D
And a little development on the mystery of Furude Rika, which is good.
ukonkiviOct 4, 2008 4:29 AM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 6, 2008 2:33 PM

Jul 2008
It was a pleasantly slow paced episode. A nice way to introduce us to how things are in this world.

I was thinking that the injection is like, to suppress the parsites and/or kill them. In the first arc of the last season, maybe Mion and Rena were injecting him with it because they thought he had it because he started acting different, but since he didn't have the parasites, it gave it to him or something which is why he clawed at his neck.

I hope they close up all the loose ends by the end of this series. We still don't know what happened to Satoshi and why the others were murdered.
Oct 17, 2008 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
Euphoriacide said:

Even if everyone but Rika forgets previous arcs, what they learn stays with them-Shion is very loving toward Satoko (referring back to Meakashi-hen, when after she killed her, she recalled Satoshi asking her to look after Satoko), and Keiichi is understanding towards his friends when they didn't tell him about Hinamizawa's history (referring back to Tsumihoroboshi-hen when he confessed about shooting girls with a BBgun to his friends, then they assure him that everyone has stuff they don't want to bring up, so he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to).

I noticed that as well, suprised the hell out of me seeing Shion in the school, this has happened before, during the Tatarigoroshi-hen arc Keichi asks Mion to use her influence to ensure that Satoko's uncle becomes one of the curses victims, something he suspects her of being able to control in the previous arc..

Yet Rika thinks nothing changes...

patient_senses said:
I was thinking that the injection is like, to suppress the parsites and/or kill them. In the first arc of the last season, maybe Mion and Rena were injecting him with it because they thought he had it because he started acting different, but since he didn't have the parasites, it gave it to him or something which is why he clawed at his neck.

Again, thats pretty much what I was thinking, kinda adds a whole new meaning to Mion/Rena pinning Keichi down in the first arc (trying to help him and not hurt him like he suspected.. ) and also explains why Rika attacks Shion with a syringe in Meakashi-hen, not inter-family violence but Rika trying to cure her..

Then again, most of the conclusions Ive come up with during this series have been subsequently stamped all over in previous episodes, I suspect that answers will only come clear right at the end...
Nov 7, 2008 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
It was nice to see another happy scenario episode, even if it's going to break down soon. Rika and Rena and Shion are all awesome ^_^

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 12, 2008 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
jobocan said:
That revealed yet a bit more about the story and time loops. Things seem to be clearing up a bit, but still being really confusing.
Other than that it was a good episode. It was good to see the cast back at their crazy antics. Really laughed when Rena used her "Anti-pubescent male hardening magic".
Rika and Rena FTW.

Pretty much the same thoughts I had. Moe!
Also, Rika-chan repeated Mii multiple times! ^^

This whole time-loop event reminds me of the same thing that happened in Haruhi Suzumiya... chapter 5 I think.
Infinite(time-loop and resets) summer = inifinite(time-loop and resets) Junes.
Nagato Yuki = Rika.
All main charcters had a sence of Déjà vu(In HS the characters couldn't recall exact memories, unlike here though... Yuki being the sole exception... Like Rika is here).

I look forward to more bloodshed and mystery... and moe stuff as wel!l ^^
Mar 8, 2009 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
that swan is going to haunt for a while
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 10, 2009 8:53 PM

May 2008
Very funny episode, made me laugh several times. Seems like things will be getting back to being creepy and interesting pretty soon as well. Rika with two ni-pahs <3<3<3 and Rena with her magic attack on Keiichi. :p
Mar 29, 2009 2:01 AM

Oct 2007
Irie...is gonna rape us all!!! *hides*

I think we should all...take some time...to mentally review...this screen cap.

SwiftShadowMar 29, 2009 3:07 PM
Apr 1, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2008
Ah damn that was a good episode. Nothing really Higurashi-ish, but we're back onto the main story and lots more Rika screentime which is a good thing. Back to the whole time repetition thing as well - I'm glad the main characters are back to their old age and doing just as fine as before.

The art and animation quality upscales were pretty noticeable here, seeing as I'm marathoning both series. Good use of facial expressions and it was nice seeing ~Nipaa~ again.
Apr 10, 2009 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
tainteddonut said:

About Satoko's injection, I'd hazard a guess that it's used to suppress her memories. At the end of the episode Rika was rather disturbed when Satoko seemed to recall a quote that Keiichi had said before. Whereas in the first season the drug they injected Keiichi with made him suicidal.

I disagree completely. On a flashback at some point of the last arch of the last season Keiichi had a flashback that showed the needle was just a pen. Or at least that's what I remember.

And I think Rika was hopeful, not disturbed. She wants this to be over so... you know. People stop dying.
Apr 11, 2009 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
There's my Rika-chan. This was a funny episode, many great moments. I wonder what the result of this loop will be?
Jun 27, 2009 6:35 PM

Aug 2007
I lol'd at swan-dick, and Shion is my favourite character :)

Jon
Jun 29, 2009 2:16 AM
Apr 2009
WTF, it's raining Irie.
Jul 11, 2009 11:42 PM

Jul 2007
tainteddonut said:

I really dont even know why I bother when this post is cover two years old but in episode 25 of first season keiichi realizes that he was being delusion when he saw a syringe with Rena and Mion when it was just a marker and that they were just trying to help him. I just finished first season a few hours ago so I remember this so I understand you might not remember this part. But I am just stating what I saw. That is why in the beginning of this episode when Rika is talking to herself in her "Oyashiro-sama" mode she says that she was surprised that Keiichi remembered another world and realized his mistakes.
Aug 10, 2009 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
I didn't like this episode. I only watch for the suspense, but this episode seemed like something from generic harem.
Aug 11, 2009 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
For a somehow filler of an episode it was quite funny. No gore and the plot barely advanced, but damn was this hilarious, and the girls being so cute <3
Sep 11, 2009 11:15 PM

Sep 2008
very funny ep XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 5:09 AM

Jul 2009
Lovely episode Rika-chan with a maids dress and sucking on a pacifier was just so cute (^_^) ~Niiipaaah~

I wonder how all this "alternate universe" things work though, even if there is some alien virus it's quite hard to explain how they could achieve that with technology.
I'm still hoping for a more fantasy/spiritual explanation :P
Jan 4, 2010 4:22 AM

Aug 2009
Niipah~ It was okay, more bloodlust please!
I sometimes like the happy happy episodes though :D
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 9, 2010 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
the costumes were soooo cute!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥
season two seems to just be as confusing as the first... when will it all make sense ~.~
Jan 21, 2010 7:07 AM

Aug 2008
A nice change from all the gore that's about to happen. :)

Rika-chama is scary for a moment there!
Feb 3, 2010 7:44 PM

Sep 2009
funny episode specially when Rena unleashed her charm on keichi xD
nippa~

Mar 21, 2010 1:25 PM

Mar 2010
nice episode it is really relaxing before continue to killing and blood things

I love Dr:Irei enter it was awesome

small question : In which world did this episode took place xD
SheepRaiderMar 21, 2010 1:48 PM
Mar 31, 2010 10:47 PM

Jan 2010
The art has truly improved greatly.

Ni-Pah sound so kawaii~
Apr 16, 2010 6:28 AM

Jan 2010
jesus that doctor is a pedo xD
and i swear that takano miyo is the scarriest character i've ever seen in an anime O.o

on overall this episode was awesome...too funny xD...it's i think one of my favorites yet :-)

5/5,and Kai started really well :D,it's 10/10 from me for these 2 eps
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 1:51 PM

Feb 2010
w3452432 said:
tainteddonut said:
I was laughing extremely hard especially when the younger kids started spreading the rumors about Keiichi.

Yeah that part was really great.

Indeed, I laughed my ass off because of that scene too ^^

Well this episode wasnt really building up suspense, but it was a cute episode and most of the things seem to be "fixed" in this arc (mion and shion seem to really like each other, shion is taking care of satoko and everybody seems to trust each other). Cant wait to see how ot goes on. Also I wonder when Oishi will appear..
I probably regret this post by now.
May 10, 2010 11:13 PM

Sep 2009
A good episode. I'm ready for the serious mystery/horror to start though...I've recently been looking at a ton of comedy so I'm ready for a change of pace with this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.