Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2010 9:25 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the fun is about to start
Getting interesting !

Ouch!

4/5
zimnoOct 29, 2010 10:09 AM
Oct 29, 2010 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 29, 2010 9:51 AM

Oct 2009
And once again, i can't believe that was a 20 minutes episode... so fast ;_;
Itsuwa got a lot of screentime, and i'm pleased. Those nuns are batshit insane, i mean, stab your own ears!? ouch.
I never though i'll say this but, i can't wait for the next episode!!!

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Oct 29, 2010 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
Itsuwa ive been waiting for your screen time.. after this ill have to wait long to see you again though ;/
Oct 29, 2010 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, Index was actually useful in battle this time around o.O; Talk about a first.

the end where the nuns poked out their own ear drums to avoid Index's spell is absurd though; talk about devotion. Makes my ears hurt just thinking about it (x.x)

Pretty awesome episode this time, can't wait for next week. :o

woo screenshots~

Kuro4735Oct 29, 2010 4:19 PM

Oct 29, 2010 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
Index's spell is epic

The battle has just begun.

Oct 29, 2010 12:11 PM

Sep 2010
Itsuwa is cool in battle and so cute, I'm waiting her relationships with Touma.
Index is cool, too, her spells are more effective now.
Anieze - ~kawaii~, Dark Shana is epic-epic-epic ^^

P.S. In light novels, nuns use only an earplugs without traumatizing ears, but some blood and horror in anime is awesome!

This is the best episode in second season for me) Waiting for 5th.
2e16nig.png
Oct 29, 2010 1:05 PM

Jan 2009
way better than expected. actually, I was really anxious about battle scenes and picture quality because they J.C staff are making many animes now.

It's awsome of Kamijo-san to relentlessly buffet even a girl or kids if they're making a mistake!
Hana-keiOct 30, 2010 1:56 AM
Oct 29, 2010 2:01 PM

Oct 2010
As usual the battle is what makes this series good for me. I for one am happy the fan service toned because in my experiences it tends to seriously ruin all in animes. For the price of selling more.....sheesh *shakes head*

Yeah the nuns are insane but they are just showing what devotion can do. Like someone mentioned in the LN they don't do that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 29, 2010 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it's make me feel my ear hurting while thinking about that

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2010
Suddenly, she is useful!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 29, 2010 5:44 PM

Feb 2008
he just punched a girl....a nun at that. although i would do the same thing.index has always been useful, she just doesn't need to use her power all the time
Oct 29, 2010 7:02 PM

Oct 2009
Just one word.

Ouch.
Oct 29, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2010
That last scene looked painful going as far to stick out your own earplugs.
Index does have some nice abilities after all besides the one that erased Toma's memory, she looked awesome like that.
And it seems that none of the guys where gentlemen they all where hitting the nuns.
My thoughts of Anieze dropped she was acting like a serious bitch this episode.
Oct 29, 2010 7:16 PM

Dec 2007
You know someone's brainwashed when they do crazy stuff like that.

Ksa said:
P.S. In light novels, nuns use only an earplugs without traumatizing ears, but some blood and horror in anime is awesome!

Anime actually made an improvement? o.O
Oct 29, 2010 7:20 PM

Oct 2010
kisami said:
he just punched a girl....a nun at that.
Nuns are not supposed to be violent so if it was done out of self defense do be it.
Day2Dream said:
Ksa said:

Anime actually made an improvement? o.O
They did the same thing with the fan service of episode 2
Aversa said:
Index does have some nice abilities after all besides the one that erased Toma's memory
That was not index but her own guard system who did that. Index would never do anything like that to Touma as herself.

Oct 29, 2010 7:28 PM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
[
Aversa said:
Index does have some nice abilities after all besides the one that erased Toma's memory
That was not index but her own guard system who did that. Index would never do anything like that to Touma as herself.
I know she did it unconsciously, doesn't change the fact that it was a very nice ability.
Only thing Index would do to hurt him consciously is bite him.
Oct 29, 2010 7:43 PM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[
Aversa said:
I know she did it unconsciously, doesn't change the fact that it was a very nice ability.
Only thing Index would do to hurt him consciously is bite him.

Agreed and the ability SXF were nice that I agree with. Was just pointing out a reminder. No offence towards you. sry.

Oct 29, 2010 7:46 PM

Jan 2010
Holy shit, I got chills when they pierced their ears.
Oct 29, 2010 8:17 PM

Apr 2009
If only anyone in this freaking anime had a gun. It could have been so much easier.
That and the author of Index seems to hate Catholics as much as I do.
Oct 29, 2010 8:35 PM

Sep 2009
Wow....Those girls are seriously messed up. Nice battle...and it's not even over yet.
Oct 29, 2010 9:07 PM

Apr 2008
Just when i thought Index could not fight o-olll

Oct 29, 2010 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
Index II, episode 4 SCOREBOARD:

More Religion BULLSHIT...................................-10
Stiyl and Mugen kicking some serious nun ass..........+5
Index actually being useful (I'M SHOCKED!!!)..........EVEN (she still horrible)
Agnese Sanctis (RIE) as a villain..........................+1
Nuns bursting their ear drums with pens.................+5 (Crazy, but badass)

Overall, this was probably my most enjoyable episode of the season so far, I hope it keeps up.....4/5
Oct 29, 2010 9:16 PM
Jul 2009
That was eye popping ear shocking to see, great Index was used, but i suspect she has abilities just to powerful to be used at all. I think she'd be better used as a magical defence, or something. Toma is looking better then last season, I guess thats what happens when you reset your brain. All thoughs nuns are pretty but useless in battle. And I sure underestemated that girl Toma owned in the last ep, and how bad the loli nun was.
Oct 29, 2010 9:31 PM

Nov 2009
kisami said:
index has always been useful, she just doesn't need to use her power all the time

EXACTLY. C:

holyshit they stabbed out their eardrums o_o talk about fanatical.
Oct 29, 2010 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
Very awesome episode, man Touma hits whoever he wants huh? Nice thinking by Stiyl to get in the battle. Index's Sheol Fear was sick as heck. The nuns stabbing their eardrums seemed painful as hell.

alexcampos said:

Oct 29, 2010 9:42 PM

May 2008
Omg they just killed their own ears? thats just creepy that they can do it without any emotion yet when they are being hit they will go ahhhh lol still i loved Orsula speech how selfless indeed

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 29, 2010 9:46 PM

Jun 2010
WTF?!?! they stab themselves in the freakin ears religious psycho-bitch nuns!!!
Can't wait for next week's episode hahahahaha!!!! Seriously man their fuckin crazy period. o_0
Oct 29, 2010 9:55 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:

Seriously?!? If you've actually watched the first season, you would know this isn't anything new. There have been religious references since episode 1 in the first season. At this point, I think you're just trolling since you already finished the Railgun OVA and have nothing better to do.
Oct 29, 2010 9:56 PM

Oct 2010
OShoranO said:
If only anyone in this freaking anime had a gun. It could have been so much easier.
That and the author of Index seems to hate Catholics as much as I do.
Only one I remembered where the Misaka clones and Izzard the alchemist.
TheMetalOverlord said:
alexcampos said:

Seriously?!? If you've actually watched the first season, you would know this isn't anything new. There have been religious references since episode 1 in the first season. At this point, I think you're just trolling since you already finished the Railgun OVA and have nothing better to do.
I don't agree with you. The religious references could have been done better. For example the cheap ass fan service of episode 2 and make funs of religion are cheap like stabbing your ear drums in the name of devotion. If there are any reference of religion they should be more diverse than catholic. Like Celtic, Witchcraft, Shinto which episode 1 does good etc. Also where the heck are the science references? There is clearly a lack of them so far.
Yumekichi11Oct 29, 2010 10:00 PM

Oct 29, 2010 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
TheMetalOverlord said:
alexcampos said:

pfft, yeah like I can't tell that this is nothing new, when index dresses like a nun every fucking episode....

BTW, nice of you and the other FAIL idiot (Kenju) to only focus on that, when I clearly said this was an ENJOYABLE episode and I thought it was well done.

I'm not a troll, I'm a CRITIC, I have a right to HATE horrible characters like Index, just like I have a right to analyze each episode as I see fit.

and if you wouldn't have focused on the first line you would have noticed I acknowledged the fighting scenes and thought they were good, hell, I even acknowledged Index for finally doing something in her pathetic existence in this show.

Whatever dude, I'll continue to be a CRITIC of this show, because to tell you the truth, I do like the story and MOST of the characters, to believe I do this out of spite or to simply troll is idiotic and a waste of my time.

I do it because every season I usually focus my time on one or two shows, last season (summer) I focused on HOTD and K-ON season 2.

This season I'm focused on Index II and Sora no Otoshimo Season 2.
Oct 29, 2010 10:22 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:
TheMetalOverlord said:
alexcampos said:

pfft, yeah like I can't tell that this is nothing new, when index dresses like a nun every fucking episode....

BTW, nice of you and the other FAIL idiot (Kenju) to only focus on that, when I clearly said this was an ENJOYABLE episode and I thought it was well done.

I'm not a troll, I'm a CRITIC, I have a right to HATE horrible characters like Index, just like I have a right to analyze each episode as I see fit.

and if you wouldn't have focused on the first line you would have noticed I acknowledged the fighting scenes and thought they were good, hell, I even acknowledged Index for finally doing something in her pathetic existence in this show.

Whatever dude, I'll continue to be a CRITIC of this show, because to tell you the truth, I do like the story and MOST of the characters, to believe I do this out of spite or to simply troll is idiotic and a waste of my time.

I do it because every season I usually focus my time on one or two shows, last season (summer) I focused on HOTD and K-ON season 2.

This season I'm focused on Index II and Sora no Otoshimo Season 2.
Being a critic or not, taking away points for a show that based around both religion and science, mostly religion, for talking about some religious things that have to do with whats going on is like me taking away points from a Railgun episode because Misaka used her Railgun or they talked about some more science BS (see what I did there). Perhaps I jumped gun a bit since you said you enjoyed the episode, but still that first point is kinda, not sure how to say this, out of place.

@Yume: This is a magic arc. We won't be seeing any science stuff til after the next episode.
Oct 29, 2010 10:24 PM

Oct 2010
TheMetalOverlord said:
@Yume: This is a magic arc. We won't be seeing any science stuff til after the next episode.
Well that's good to know. More Misaka is good.

Oct 29, 2010 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, go Mugen, go!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2010 10:45 PM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
TheMetalOverlord said:
Though technically I have no idea since I have not read the light novels but we may see Misaka soon after this arc
Oct 30, 2010 12:09 AM
Dec 2007
Hana-kei said:
way better than expected. actually, I was really anxious about battle scenes and picture quality because they J.C staff are making many animes now.
J.C. STAFF most likely treats this series as one of it's main ones for the season.

Ckan said:
Contradictions in my doctrine make me squirm on the floor but self mutilation is nothing!
- why is it so hard to take Index seriously?
It's more of messing with them spiritually. Their soul gets paralyzed.

That said, great episode. Reminds me of how the series felt at the beginning of the first season until it suddenly got a little side-tracked during that whole Hyouka mess (and the fan-service episodes). This series always delivers with the main battles.

And it's rather stupid of people to complain about all the religious stuff when the bloody premise is about an special nun who escaped from the church. Let's also not forget how the science side is actually secretly linked to the magicians since the creator of Academy City was the greatest magician in existence, according to Tsuchimikado.

Oct 30, 2010 12:18 AM
Mar 2010
TheMetalOverlord said:
Though technically I have no idea since I have not read the light novels but we may see Misaka soon after this arc

Actually, that's the next next arc(Volume 9 and 10), after Kuroko's arc(Volume8). Of course, there is Misaka in Kuroko's arc :3

I loved how Rie is a villain :> And Touma heartlessly spartan kicking nuns. I always love nuns getting their asses kicked
Oct 30, 2010 12:31 AM
Jul 2008
Those nuns who stabbed their ears... OUCH! THAT'S SO WRONG!!! Grossed me out. >.<
Oct 30, 2010 12:54 AM

Mar 2010
Ok episode... nothing special but the unfolding of the events was well executed. Looking forward to the next episode. :)
Oct 30, 2010 1:04 AM

Jun 2008
TheMetalOverlord said:
Being a critic or not, taking away points for a show that based around both religion and science, mostly religion, for talking about some religious things that have to do with whats going on is like me taking away points from a Railgun episode because Misaka used her Railgun or they talked about some more science BS (see what I did there).

OK, sometimes I don't fully explain myself, when I said "more religion bullshit", I meant the idealogical crap that was spewing from the mouth of Agnese Sanctis, and then you had Stiyl say that the minute the cross was placed on Orsola she became part of the Anglican Church???

BEYOND RIDICULOUS, not only as a religion thing, but as a plot device...

I don't mind that this anime has theological aspects which include the Anglican church, the roman catholics, or any other religion, but it's HOW they do it that annoys me and turns me off.

But again, I found this episode to be better than the others, and the fight scenes were entertaining, overall it DID do it's job at keeping me amused and wanting to see the next episode and for that I applaud this episode.
Oct 30, 2010 1:36 AM
Nov 2008
Then some crazy nuns.

Totally destroying their ear drums is not going to be good in the long run. How will one enchant spells without being able to hear?
Oct 30, 2010 2:22 AM

May 2010
Army of Nun vs Amakusa catholic,Touma,Styll and Index = great battle.

Oct 30, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
<Insert comment about how the OP is awesome here>
Eh, them crazy bitches are crazy. Yeah, let's stab our heads with pens, sounds like a great idea!
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2010 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
TheMetalOverlord said:
Yumekichi11 said:
TheMetalOverlord said:
Oh yes! The juicy MILF of the OP. Hope she does something to make Misaka fall into Touma and accident ecchi or something like that.
YEX said:
Army of Nun vs Amakusa catholic,Touma,Styll and Index = great battle.
Fixed it for you. Index is only good in her guard mode but since Touma got rid of that somehow or I think he did....it just makes me :( not being to see Index like that. If spell interceptor is the only thing then it might get old fast.
Oosran said:
Eh, them crazy bitches are crazy. Yeah, let's stab our heads with pens, sounds like a great idea!

Yeah it so awesome I have it and listen to it all the time.

Does that make you happy?
Yumekichi11Oct 30, 2010 3:10 AM

Oct 30, 2010 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
Now that's some magic those nuns used at the end xDD
To poke your own ear drums is just ridiculous..
Anyway, can't wait for the next ep :o
Oct 30, 2010 3:25 AM

Feb 2010
why people always making fun of little index shame on you ;)
Oct 30, 2010 3:41 AM

Feb 2009
That was a bit different from what I imagined when my friend told me about this part but that last part with the nuns was both disturbing and great. The cross issue though wasn't what I imagined but it was ok. The fights were really good this time. Wonder what'll happen next, I missed the next part of the story when my friend was talking about this :))
Oct 30, 2010 4:12 AM

Jun 2009
Man, this weren't as epic as i wanted it to be. Vol7 verdict: novel>anime. Oh well, there's still one op to end the arc.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 30, 2010 4:30 AM

Apr 2010
alexcampos said:
Stiyl and Mugen kicking some serious nun ass..........+5
Index actually being useful (I'M SHOCKED!!!)..........EVEN (she still horrible)
Agnese Sanctis (RIE) as a villain..........................+1
Nuns bursting their ear drums with pens.................+5 (Crazy, but badass)

I think I'll do a scoreboard too. ^^

Mugen & Stiyl Team-Up = +5
Index Contributes = +5

Insane Scene (Nuns & Pens xD) = +5

OVERALL RATING:
15/10!?

GRADE:
A* xD

Can't wait for the next episode!
I hope we get to see a little bit of Accelerator in the next one. xD
TeaLoverOct 30, 2010 4:33 AM
Oct 30, 2010 4:44 AM

Dec 2007
Pen in ears? O.o Ouch!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.