Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2008 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was hilarious stuff. From the spy's increasingly blatant assassination attempts to the ship coming across the remains of the ambush dude, funny stuff.
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:46 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 8, 2009 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
The part where they convince Yuriko to participate in this demeaning event, decidedly, skipped.
Jul 2, 2009 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
I laughed when the Makoto was talking to himself...ah good times. How did Yuriko get conviced so easily?!
Dec 18, 2009 9:56 PM
Sep 2009
I had to laugh when they showed the hockey-mask guy holding a chainsaw ("Heyyy! We don't need that, here!"), and then later on when they revealed his name was JASON.
Now that's just awesome. :D
Also: I have to commend Tylor for not only perceiving Mirumi's goals (and not caring), but also talking her down from trying to commit seppuku. Of course, this only sets him up for a "YOU WERE HELPING THE SPY?!" moment later on, when everything goes to hell in a handbasket. :\
Or maybe not. The man does have impeccable luck. :)
Just my two cents.
Feb 12, 2010 11:09 AM

Nov 2009
Beauty contest was incredible idea. Yuriko and Harumi are really hot chicks.
Jun 29, 2011 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
Acting Captain Yamamoto! LOL I do feel for Yamamoto. XD

Just foggin' great! Everybody wants him dead now, from the enemy commanders to enemy spy on his own ship (which he splendidly turned into a double agent of sort) and now even his own superior officers. Let's see how far his terrible/amazing luck will get him.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 23, 2011 6:31 AM

May 2011
When Yuriko said whoever heard of someone organizing a beauty contest on a battleship, I immediately remembered Macross lol. Tylor also shows that beneath that bumbling idiot persona on the surface, lies a sharp mind for being able to blow Harumi's cover, and also his idea to stop Harumi from committing suicide for blowing her cover. Some of his actions definitely point out that he's no ordinary idiot.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Aug 29, 2012 2:00 PM
Dec 2010
haha to be honest it has surprised me how Tylor figured out Harumi's true colors and well convincing her to stay on ship and helping her out one way or another was kinda expectable but still good to see.

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 12, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2010
That kid is a marksman with a nail gun.
Feb 15, 2013 9:32 PM

Jun 2011
Does nobody raise the question of why they even have swimsuits on a spaceship?
Jul 4, 2013 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
For the Beach Episode of course! Wait until the cultural fair and you'll get to see the marine company dress up for their Maid Café...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 4, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Okay...Both Plan Fated to Fail...Want to bet on It? No One Wants? Tough So..

And Harumi once again sees Clear Evidence that there is not everything right in The Heads of Soyokaze Crew Members....Almost became Knife Food... XD

LOL!!! Harumi Vs Tylor (And Tylor does not even know it and Is Winning) Absolutely Hilarious when she Tries to Kill Him and He does not even notice!!! XDXDXD Really good Episode!!! And Even if He Did not really Know that She Was Spy she had suspicions and Some kind of dream that it would be nice her to be spy eh?

Tough we once again see his Good Man Personality by him stopping the Suicide eh. Really good episode
JarjaxleMar 4, 2014 3:39 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 26, 2014 11:34 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far. I really enoyed it.
Lol at Tylor convincing Harumi to stay.
May 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Feb 2012
This episode reminded me of episode 24 (Showdown) of Macross where Milia tries to kill Max buts ends up with feelings for him, with a touch of episode 9 (Miss Macross) when the Macross have a pageant.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 21, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2010
The joke about Harumi going for a jog flopped because her clothes really do look like athletic gear. Rather highly visible for being believable as an assassin's outfit, and if it wasn't supposed to be an assassin's outfit, where's the joke in Tylor (intentionally) mistaking it for jogging gear?

Smirking said:
Does nobody raise the question of why they even have swimsuits on a spaceship?

And Yuriko had an extra to lend out!
Mar 12, 2015 2:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Jason bit made me laugh for hours. The crew that Tylor has at his disposal is nothing if not eclectic.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 26, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Am i the only one who thought that the best thing about this episode was the awesome grin that Yamato made when he got called captain. Funnier than any of the others jokes in the episode.
May 18, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Yamamoto finally got to live his dream this episode.
Aug 29, 2015 5:27 PM

Sep 2014
Ladies to the Stage! Ep 8.

Plot: It seems that Harumi's superior wants her to put the kibosh on Tylor. If you ask me, Ro Babrara Dom is still jelly over that sneak attack. At the same time, Tylor and Co stage a beauty pageant to relieve their boredom. As luck would have it, Harumi fails in her assassination but manages to delay the assassination for a small time.

Oh and the Admirals were trying to kill the Soyokaze but that failed.

Character:This was a Harumi ep. She seems to have the skill to be an assassin. It's just unlucky who her target is. The face that Tylor's charms are working on her was just a matter of time.

Tylor's guesses on Harumi's secret was hilarious. Well in tv, the mystery characters are usually a spy or just quiet, so fifty-fifty.

Yamamoto's happiness at being given command was just a delight. Poor sap.

ANimation/sound: I loved how the dark shadows played over Tylor and the Marines when they talked about the pageant. Made for a great joke setup. Harumi's rush to kill Tylor towards the end was pleasing to look at.

The Pageant gets 2 thumbs up. :)

4/5. It's great to just kick back and admire the fun.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Dec 14, 2017 3:06 PM

Apr 2012
Turning a spy and a beauty contest, this anime is genius.
EratiKDec 14, 2017 3:09 PM
Feb 20, 2019 3:54 PM
Aug 2018
Just when you think the enemy captain had acknowledged Tylors skill he comes up with a sneaky assassination plan.
Didn't expect him to resort to such measures.

And they just cleaned the ship and now it looks like a junkyard again..
Apr 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Mar 2015
Got t give them credit: they managed a swimsuit episode in the middle of space.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 8, 2020 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
I agree that relaxing once in a while is a good thing...but I don't think that applies to the Soyokaze crew

Assasination of Tylor is futile, he has the devil's luck both in staying alive as well as wooing the ladies ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oct 9, 2021 9:43 AM

Feb 2014
A fun episode after a couple of not-so-great ones.
Harumi really brings out the best of this anime.
And of course, the bikini beauty contest, even tho it was nonsensical, was also fun and a highlight for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 23 Discussion

Beatnik - May 29, 2008

34 by xthewarwithinx »»
Apr 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 6 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

9 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 5 Discussion

storm-12 - Feb 7, 2010

10 by wallus81 »»
Mar 14, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

18 by apbooyah »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Musekinin Kanchou Tylor Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - Dec 14, 2009

19 by Kristiwazhere »»
Sep 26, 2023 10:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.