Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 25, 2011 3:19 PM
Nov 2009
Did anyone else notice the shadow of a person who finds reppumaru and yoshika's strikers?
May 17, 2011 5:47 AM

May 2011
I don't like that they never resolved Yoshika's father plot. I mean, if they were going to basically make that the entire reason she left home in the first place in Season 1 then they should have at least progressed on that more than her getting another letter at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2 and her hearing a random voice of his when she found the prototype striker unit. Pssh.

And I wish they would have made contact with the original Neuroi and made peace for a completely different enemy to come along. That would have been more interesting. As it is, the finale ended up being too similar to Season 1's, add to that the beginning's being pretty much the same. =sigh-

And if they were going to come in with 'more Neuroi' then they should have at least discovered WHY the big hive destroyed the little one. I mean, we don't know why at all. It's stupid. They could have at least befriended the season 1 Neuroi and then the Season 2 Neuroi come and the Season 1 Neuroi could have explained the reason. Which makes it easier for the characters to find out, since otherwise I don't see how they could [which is a cop out, but meh].

Meh, still loved the season but not a good ending and the plot could have been better. The character driven plot points were fine, but the over arching plot was obviously a huge after thought. You can still make ecchi and have a good plot.
ElvickMay 17, 2011 5:50 AM
May 24, 2011 6:19 PM

Mar 2011
Hmm, may be a little late to the party..but anyways:
Was a nice series (Hopefully, only so far..Continue it ><), My wishes:
1. Season 3, Obviously
2. S3 goes into her dad..
3. 504th goes into a joint team effort with 501st?...
4. The original, "good" nueroi return..but the military still sees them as a threat. But, (Something to do with another letter from 'er dad), Yoshika tries to get everybody to help her (She re-accumulated all of her powers again, maybes?..Or something to do with her dad's letter?). And then, ofcourse, the new 504th gets tied along in it because maybe they know someone there..or they aren't complete idiots like the higher-ups?..IDK, I just hope something happens..
[P.S.: Sorry for the horrible grammar..too sidetracked atm to care XD]
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Jun 11, 2011 4:41 AM

Mar 2011
XelN4g4 said:
Did anyone else notice the shadow of a person who finds reppumaru and yoshika's strikers?

Yes I did! It gave me hope for a continuation of the story, well, other than the other media that does (manga and novels). Also, even though it suggested Miyafuji had lost all her power using Final Reppuzen, that's never stopped anime before, for example:

DON'T READ SPOILER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT FULLBRING IS!

Overall, this series wasn't as gripping as the first. With any luck whoever does the third series or movie will put some serious thought into some of the questions raised about the Neuroi and have a decent attempt at explaining them. I should go read the manga now. I think there's like 3 of them so maybe there's some answers there!
Jul 1, 2011 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
What happened to being all nice and communicating with the Neuroi instead?
The ending was okay, I was expecting more though. Although there's not much you can do within 2 episodes.

They should of focused on the plot more instead of adding a bunch of fillers.
Aug 1, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2011
meh, although there were mostly fillers and fanservice it was a decent 2nd season. I hope the movie will be focused plotwise.
Sep 4, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2011
I also feel like something was left out with Yoshika's father, and annoyed by the fact that Yoshika's new striker was only used for three episodes before it was basically ditched, I won't be happy till Yoshika regains her powers >.<. its left too much out, i want a new season with all of the 501st (- Sakamoto) and possibly a new character that stays for the whole season, the characters are starting to run out of development IMO...
Mar 21, 2012 4:33 PM

Aug 2008
love this show its great only thing it sucks at is same as in first season sucky enemies.
Mar 21, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
Who says you need pants to save the world?
Jun 29, 2012 4:30 AM

Sep 2011
Shadow at the end, with the Sword and the striker unit alongside the Yamato. This makes me believe that the 'Shadow' that got portrayed was Miyafuji, Ichirou, aka Yoshika's dad. The reason I believe this is because of all the letters that eventually got sent to Yoshika later on randomly on dates. Also hes on an island? that doesn't really get shown fully. However this has many flaws as to how the letter would get to her if the island was uninhabited.
Aug 22, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Not as good as season 1...

But a good enough pass time anime though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2012 7:46 AM

Apr 2011
Not as good as the 1st season, but I still enjoyed it. I wonder why the disbandment the 2nd time? The fight against Neuroi is far from over, and there are still other countries to liberate.

I really, really wish that a 3rd season will come next year.
Dec 23, 2012 8:45 PM

Aug 2012
My body was not ready for this awesome show.... nevertheless, it was great entertainment.
Dec 25, 2012 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty Epic Ending! Now, its time to see the movie. o/
Jan 15, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
What a satisfying ending!

I'm glad I decided to watch Strike Witches when Girls und Panzer went on hiatus until March. It's not that bad as I thought, I actually enjoyed it.
All the characters are likable and adorable on their own way. Hoping they'll reassemble again and then there will be a third season.
Jan 30, 2013 2:07 PM
Jan 2012
HotCrossBuns said:
What a satisfying ending!

I'm glad I decided to watch Strike Witches when Girls und Panzer went on hiatus until March. It's not that bad as I thought, I actually enjoyed it.
All the characters are likable and adorable on their own way. Hoping they'll reassemble again and then there will be a third season.

Lol you came here from Girls und Panzer's hiatus too? Regardless, I enjoyed watching Strike witches as well. Some plot holes and unadressed issues like the neo-Neuroi (if you will) destroying the original Neuroi.

I was wondering why Hana was still in Africa and other witches were still in service, but apparently there's still Neuroi around...so I don't understand why the 501st had to disband? Perhaps they're dog tired and got permission to leave active duty. Or the remaining combat worthy witches get sent back to their regions to assist with fighting the remaining Neuroi (save for Luccini unless she gets transferred as well) (sorry for any misspellings!).

When I added Strike Witches to my watch list, I noticed only 1 OVA and 1 Movie after this. I guess there was no season 3 after all (considering it's now 2013), but then again I could be unaware of it or any news of it around or yet to come. Guess I'll watch Sky Girls and Upotte too after finishing the OVA and Movie. :)

An OK series. 6/10.
Feb 9, 2013 6:52 AM

May 2012
Nice ending, in the beginning I already thought damn that was a way to easy ending! A good ending though and was quite nice action and a final blow that's always quite decent! This whole season was slightly better than the first as it was a BIT less focused around the ecchi stuff, although I still don't know why they added that attribute as the story on its own is strong enough to attract viewers without the fanservice. But well it didn't bother me to much than in the first season. I do wonder what the movie will be about now that the enemy has totally been defeated! 7/10
Apr 3, 2013 6:00 PM

Dec 2007
I liked the ending battle. Especially the Reppugan or whatever it's called. This season is definitely better than the first because there seems to be less filler. It's the perfect end the series. It's basically the same as the first season because Miyafuji is healing the bird, but she's using medicine instead of magic. The last scene shows her strike unit and the sword. It's probably a setup for the movie, or maybe another season after the movie.
Jul 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2008
Spammed both series, that was a great ending fight. Really enjoyed the series overall. 9/10.
Oct 13, 2013 3:33 AM

Nov 2011
It was a good to really good show overall so around 7.5 though i'm going to round this anime down.
I really enjoyed watching it but it left way to many questions the main one being Yoshika's dad like honestly that's all I wanted to know from the very start of season 2 but nope nothing -.-
I hope the movie answers all the questions that this second season missed.
Dec 30, 2013 12:06 AM

Jul 2013
This season was slightly better than the first season tbh; animation, and the action scenes were really impressive. Sad that it's over but at least they finished off their last mission of destroying the large Neuroi Core.

8/10 just like the first season, despite improvements, it was somewhat repetitive like the first season. The 1st and 2nd episode, she joins and starts training, then a bit of character development, episode 7 fanservice episode, and the last two episodes, the first Neuroi destroyed but merged into a more powerful form, with Yoshika defeats it yet again. The story was good though at least show more information on where the Neuroi came from and their motivation.

Ah well it was an enjoyable series, can't wait for the 3rd season with an OVA come out :D.

Mar 6, 2014 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
8/10 for me i`ll never forget this this is seriously a good good anime yesh a wish their was a season 3!!!
Apr 11, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked the end of it, too bad they had to lose their power, but it was for the sake of people.
I just hope Mio stays by Minna's side :D
Also, I turned into a fan of Sanya and Eila. 7/10
May 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Dec 2012
Gotta say that was an extremely action packed, awesome conclusion. I'm very satisfied with how this season turned out and wrapped up.

Well Strike Witches delivers again, another season filled with hilarity, action, and pantsu (not to mention lack of it in the bath). I actually enjoyed this season a bit more than S1, especially because of episodes 6 and 7 plus the conclusion. There were many more moments in this season that really got to me and overall I felt like it was a more emotional experience. I still wonder about that humanoid neuroi and also wonder who walked up to the sword and striker unit at the end.

Solid 8/10, onward to the movie!
Aug 23, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
That was a bit of a bittersweet ending. I feel like they were seriously try to put the series to rest for good. like "HERE, SHE CAN'T USE MAGIC AT ALL ANYMORE. It's over. Stop asking for sequels."
But lo and behold, theres a movie AND a 3 part OVA coming. This series refuses to die.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 1, 2015 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
Predictable yet awesome ending.
Nice show. Too bad it's over. Wouldn't mind a third season.
Jul 8, 2016 5:52 AM

Jul 2012
Started with a blast and ended with a blast!

With a lot of fun in between.

The last battle was great.

This season of Strike Witches was silly yet very enjoyable.

7/10.
Aug 15, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
that neuroification thing is what entertain me. I wish it had more of it, and the actual thing to fully controlled neuroification is would be good.
at first I thought Mio would mutated into the first witch that can transform into neuroification form. imagine what happend if witch could do that as their wish. but too bad it didn't happened.
Dec 28, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
The end, it seems a real ending, and the greatest movies, the protagonists are brought to light in the most difficult moments; Also here, the tradition is not denial. Very theatrical the final part, but not only; narrative that does not forget any detail, satisfied! Drawings and animations, very good. Reviewing some old acquaintances, also known in the OVA and new faces, Yay!
As I said, it looked like a real ending, but in the last moments of the episode, you see someone, as if to symbolize a continuation. I hope that in addition to Brave Witches, there is some other anime series for this brand. The soundtrack is excellent.

Do this re-view of all episode of series SW, was a great deal, I realized that I had forgotten a lot of things.

8/10
Feb 27, 2017 12:56 PM

Aug 2016
The last episode made me hyped, it was really good. But it was the only good episode of the series imo. 7/10 for this anime.
Nanika ga Okashii
May 6, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2011
That was atrocious.. this show is probably the worst case of handling a protagonist that I have ever seen. Miyafuji seemed like a cool character with heart to me at first, but for some reason the show wanted her to be that one character in some story that always get her way.
"Miyafuji, don't do this, don't do that"
"But, I want to do this, I want to do that. Please let me do it"
"Okay"
I would've been fine if it was that major who used the true reppuzen technique at the end, but nah, "lmao you magicless weaksauce, we have this genius MC who can use your tech, lelelel you better just retire" in the major's face, just look, she'll come back perfectly fine in the sequel.

Seriously, why do they even bother to write a serious storyline for this series anymore? Am I the only one who think that this could've been pretty decent if it's more slice of life, comedy-ish? I want a shopping episode or something different, not every episode that's just about the same thing, new character knows a girl in the 501th platoon, then drama drama, resolution resolution, same ole same ole.

Wasted potential imo, the yuri bait loli fanservice had much potential.. we don't nearly get that much skin exposure/intense physical contact nowadays because of how easy people get offended these days. Such a shame.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 9, 2017 4:22 PM

May 2017

The show had heart. And that's all I ask.

Edit: Also This:

:|
Wary_WolfJan 2, 2018 2:41 AM
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Sep 10, 2018 8:26 AM

Mar 2016
Like season 1 the characters are really solid. More evocative, but again, like season 1 episode 7 was the best episode.
Sep 30, 2018 5:30 AM

Apr 2014
I preferred the first, but it was still lots of fun
Jan 6, 2020 7:39 AM

Sep 2018
Perhaps the battle against the Neuroi was a little too hasty and the speed with which the protagonists regained their strength to fly was a little too out of place, but overall the episode was pleasant to watch until the end, indeed in the final minutes the narrative was most involving. Excellent anime series, compared to the previous one, there was a huge step forward in many aspects, but more could be done than how it was done in this one, especially in terms of the characters and their interpersonal relationships. Sorry that there has been little fighting, but it has compensated for something else, so they have not missed much. The opening and the various endings were very catchy, as were the BGMs.

8/10
Mar 3, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Well, same old same old. Yoshika saves the day again of course. Wonder what the movie and the three OVAs will be about though since it seems Yoshika can't fly anymore? Maybe this will be before the big battle, who knows. 5/10
Oct 24, 2020 12:26 PM

Jun 2015
Finally, I am now ready to start the road to Berlin. Another fun series and damn to those witches put in the effort to save humanity. I couldn't help but give them a salute at the end.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 4, 2020 6:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No way its the end, god dammit. You must be teasing me!

Well, thats it! They really using the same concept like the last episode of the previous season to destroyed that damn huge ruby crystal. Even they used Miyafuji too as their last fuckin attack. What. The. Heck! But seriously its worked out. The tension feeling, a happiness at the end, their effort. I think all of that released my satisfaction over the sky too! XD

8/10 from me. No shit there, its so good. I enjoyed this very much. So, who cares about the shitty script and reusing ending concept. No way i couldn't enjoy a flying panties girls and give a trash rating!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 24, 2021 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Riptos said:
Well I finally got to the end of this and the only disappointment i have is that Mio survived.

Now I never had a problem with any characters but it just would have made the concept of the war feel a bit more dramatic with a sadder ending.

That's true. It would've been an interesting ending. But I guess any fans of Mio would've been sad if she died. So I guess they decided to make an ending that was suitable for everyone.

Going off-topic: I really enjoyed this series from beginning to end. I loved everything about it from the story to the characters and fanservice. It's a shame that Miyafuji lost her powers. But I guess a sacrifice had to be made to bring finality to the story.
Jun 19, 2021 4:58 AM

Feb 2020
Great battle. Yoshika saved the world again.

Overall, this was an excellent sequel. I loved the action, comedy, and fanservice. We even got one yuri kiss.

SerafosNov 30, 2023 12:23 AM
Jul 25, 2021 3:36 AM

Aug 2018
Last episode was quite nice.. Couple of moments almost made me teary as well.. ;P
Wonder, if we'll see Yoshika later as witch or not.. As maybe she used all energy.. But maybe something will happen.. If not - a bit sad.. But she saved lots of people by doing this..
Also some shadow approaching the unit and sword at the end..
Aug 2, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2021
The last episode ended nicely, especially how everyone was cheering on Yoshika at the end. While I have only seen up to season 2 I figure Yoshika and Sakamoto will be back since there is a movie, ova, and a season 3. I wish that in season 2 we would have got more development between Yoshika and Lynette. It was nice to see that Hartmann got more serious about Barkhorn though. Honestly, the fighting scenes are just a bonus lol, I am mainly here for the yuri and fanservice.

I think that the plot of s1 was slightly better, but I felt like the animation in season 2 was better.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 7, 2010

87 by Wrongthinker »»
Oct 18, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jul 14, 2010

59 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Aug 18, 2010

93 by MiaAyende »»
Sep 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 21, 2010

66 by Asgard6 »»
May 22, 2022 6:33 AM

» Hartmann's Hair Color

ColdBisquiT - Aug 2, 2021

5 by JokoSukino »»
May 16, 2022 9:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.