Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2010 11:35 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2010 12:25 PM

Sep 2009
Love it. Perfect Epiloge for this series. Would be good if they make one more season or better some spin-off but chances for it are extremly small.
Sep 24, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2010
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Fantastic epilogue. It was funny, relaxing and touching all at the same time.

I just wish there'd be more but I know that's vain hope. ;__;

What does the french title in the beginning mean?
Sep 24, 2010 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
Very nice episode. I really liked the feel of this whole series, I just wish there had been more plot in the beginning. This was the consistent issue with the Anime no Chikara projects: the driving episodes started too late.

Xardie said:
What does the french title in the beginning mean?

The same thing that Kanata was saying; it was subbed. It was saying that the following was an event that happened around noon a year after she had come to the base, if I remember correctly.
Sep 24, 2010 6:32 PM

Sep 2009
The ending feels like it's been done before, but nonetheless I liked it. Cute, cheesy, but thoughtful. Like most people, I think that the show would have benefited from showing its "grand plot" early in the beginning. Nonetheless, I loved it.
Sep 25, 2010 2:42 AM

Mar 2008
I'm a little sad because this is the end but I liked it. It would be some more, OVA or movie.

Noel was so cute^^

Sep 25, 2010 1:57 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode.
Sep 25, 2010 6:45 PM
Oct 2009
Beautiful episode. Hopefully there will be a second season now! (we all need to pray hard! ^_^)
Sep 28, 2010 3:01 AM

Nov 2008
Fantastic.

I have no idea why, but something about this series hits all of the right notes for me. Everything about it is just so... vibrant and alive.

Sora no Woto is over, but I hope that someday along the line, I'll be able to remember this experience and subsequently revisit it all.
Sep 28, 2010 3:57 PM

Jun 2009
Lovely. Just lovely. I love Sora no Woto.
Sep 28, 2010 6:48 PM

Sep 2009
I forgot just how gorgeous the scenery of Sora no Woto was...

What a sweet episode, aww. Noel's dream was the best LOL. DON'T WORRY NOEL, SOMEONE WILL WANT YOU AS THEIR WAIFU!!

Anime Blog Writer For: METANORN (Currently blogging: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Fractale, Tegami Bachi REVERSE)
Sep 29, 2010 4:30 AM

Apr 2009
http://vucubcaquix.tumblr.com/post/1209934664/soranowoto

Just a couple thoughts. Feel free to bash me in the comments.
Oct 3, 2010 3:34 PM

Oct 2007
My dream... is that there will be a second 24 episode season of this little gem of a series.
Oct 5, 2010 9:49 PM

Dec 2007

Hey A-1 Pictures, more stuff from the past would have been nice. I didn't really need this whole "What is your dream" stuff.
Oct 7, 2010 11:21 AM
Nov 2008
I think this episode only further backs my claim that there is much much more story to tell in the Sora No Woto universe, both in the past and in the future. I would absolutely love to see more of this series. I'm actually rather surprised to see the original season only has a 7.5 rating...
Oct 8, 2010 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
Overcooled said:
DON'T WORRY NOEL, SOMEONE WILL WANT YOU AS THEIR WAIFU!!

I DO I DO I DO-

Anyhow, a very nice episode. But what the hell is up with all that "I'm going to the ends of the Earth and beyond!" stuff? >_>
If they don't make a second season or a movie after this, HEADS WILL ROLL. :@
Oct 10, 2010 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
Overcooled said:
I forgot just how gorgeous the scenery of Sora no Woto was...

What a sweet episode, aww. Noel's dream was the best LOL. DON'T WORRY NOEL, SOMEONE WILL WANT YOU AS THEIR WAIFU!!

I'll take up on that offer! =)

But srsly... Kanata should never drive...again..
Oct 17, 2010 4:22 AM

Apr 2009
Splendid.. i love this epilogue.. i rated this higher than the series because it had everything that i wanted from Sora no Woto minus its weaknesses..
Oct 17, 2010 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
What's the soundtrack song that was played during Rio-senpai's epilogue... like in 26th minute?
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Nov 30, 2010 1:16 AM

Nov 2007
I love this show. It feels mystical and real at the same time. Sadly, I'm not keeping my hopes up for a second season.
Dec 3, 2010 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Lovely episode. It’s one of the best epilogues I’ve seen, everything was downright perfect.

Also…
I would accept Noël as my waifu.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 26, 2010 2:23 AM

Feb 2009
zeroj said:
What's the soundtrack song that was played during Rio-senpai's epilogue... like in 26th minute?

Its the acoustic version of Servante du feu, although don't know where to get it as the one from the OST (track #4) has lyrics.
Jan 8, 2011 11:40 AM
Nov 2010
I liked this episode. There wasn't anything particular that stood out, but it was still nice.

I felt bad for Felicia though, nobody asked what her dream was. D:
Feb 9, 2011 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
Beautiful, but a bit sad ^^
And yes, it perfect for epilogue)

hazelnutman said:
I have no idea why, but something about this series hits all of the right notes for me. Everything about it is just so... vibrant and alive.

Same here ^^
Jun 21, 2011 4:41 AM

Sep 2010
Great ending for the series, kind of makes up for the fact that a second season seems to be highly unlikely.
Aug 13, 2011 5:07 AM

Aug 2010
I thought that the last episode ended it in a perfect way, but this was even better. I really liked how the show managed to touch upon deeper issues but still stay optimistic even if the truth is rather depressing. Absolutely well done, 10/10.
Feb 6, 2012 2:11 AM

Apr 2009
All that talk about dreams in a dead world was very touching and thought provoking, I liked how they just outright confirmed there is no hope for future instead of putting it between the lines, it captured how everyone's just enjoying what time they have left without denying the inevitable but coming to terms with it. It captured the series' atmosphere perfectly.
May 17, 2012 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Wooooow.

Too bad this will probably never get any additional material, the lore and worldbuilding is so rich. Good thing the epilogue ended on such a satisfying note.
Jun 20, 2012 7:17 PM

Jul 2011
so this was definitely the ending of the series. or is it?? jk.
well the fact that they ended saying that they were going to follow their dream, but for now are happily ever after is a typical ending. However them mentioning of the ongoing war in other "countries" and rio's dream of bringing airplanes back and finding this sea of new beginning could be a factor for a second season. However I am late to the party and I don't see a 2nd season.

If there was to be a 2nd season I would definitely add it to my list, and wait for it enthusiastically.

Well loved the entire series, all the characters! even little brat seiya! :)
Oct 3, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2011
The OVA episodes were really good. They were for sure better than the series in my opinion! XD. This was such a good end to the series!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 16, 2012 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
ItsExactlyThat said:
I felt bad for Felicia though, nobody asked what her dream was. D:

My thoughts exactly. Kanata asked everyone but Felicia :( Htonestly, I feel like she was somewhat ignored in the series; she's the one on the platoon getting the least amount of screen time despite being captain as well as having experienced actual battle. It's a shame, because I think the anime could've had a lot more depth to it if it focused more on the aspects of war rather than Kanata's silly antics.

But then again, this might just be my opinion since I'm not a fan of Kanata's behavior and the moe-design in general.
Dec 13, 2012 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
It really left something in the air, something fir a second season, i hope so!
Dec 14, 2012 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
A great epilogue to a great series. It was a really fitting for the series, even if it has been done before. The specials and the series both get a 8/10 from me.
Jan 31, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Great epilogue to end the series.
I liked how they expanded the world of Sora no Woto in this ep, didn't expect that. It was also nice how they put in more serious things like how the world is gonna end if the war keeps going on.

A second season would be great, so I hope they will make one eventually.
Mar 15, 2013 7:33 PM

Aug 2008
A nice finish to the show.

For a second there I thought that Noel meant that she'd like to find a wife *sigh*

And RioRioRioRioo~ her voice is too sexy. Hrrng. >.>

Okdone.
Jul 17, 2013 9:03 AM
Jun 2013
Ah yea I loved this episode. I was really happy when Kanata said her dream was to stay with Rio and see her dream. Loved it.
I liked the series too. In my opinion it was still pretty care free (coming from Girls und Panzer before watching this series). All though the last 2-3 episodes had me on the edge of my seat. Ah well I liked it a lot and loved this episode

I wouldn't say no to a second season, if they do it right of course. But if there would be a second season then I would hope that they have Kanata be with Rio on her journey and not ignore what they have done in this episode (did this sentence make sense?)
Ah well its been 3 years now so I am more sure of not having a second season. Oh well I guess, it ended good for me......

loved it....
You'll also find your own dream someday.
You've already begun that journey, right?
On your own, for that unique dream of yours. That's Wonderful. Until then, I'll pull you along.
Some day, you'll have your own dream.
One day, you'll find your own sound... and begin to play on your own.
Let's go... to the place where our dreams lie - even if the world ends.
Until that time, our future lies ahead.
- Kazumiya Rio
Sep 9, 2013 6:56 AM
May 2013
I am still waiting for second season!
John_AMVOct 5, 2013 9:05 PM
Sep 18, 2013 6:45 PM

Dec 2012
hazelnutman said:
Fantastic.

Sora no Woto is over, but I hope that someday along the line, I'll be able to remember this experience and subsequently revisit it all.

Well said, you put my thoughts into words perfectly. There was something about this series that made moe, music, and bittersweet reality a compelling series. I wouldn't mind a season 2 but I think it picked the perfect place to end.

I thought the idea of the world ending and them looking back to the past, which is presumably our current civilization, really brings up the idea that such a future could very well become a reality one day. That it is to say, that if the world should end, it will be done from the inside out by humans and our wars.

Absolutely fascinating series, this OVA made for a good counterpart to the main series. 8/10 to compliment it.
ZekkenshinSep 18, 2013 6:52 PM
Dec 8, 2013 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Kirky said:
A nice finish to the show.

For a second there I thought that Noel meant that she'd like to find a wife *sigh*

And RioRioRioRioo~ her voice is too sexy. Hrrng. >.>

Okdone.

No, she does. I bet its Aisha.I ship Noel and Aisha. All aboard on the S.S. Noel x Aisha! xD
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 19, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2013
Definitely a great end to the series. This series always did somber exploration in an interesting setting, like Haibane Renmei, pretty well.

But with all the talk about the interesting world they set up in this episode, I would definitely have liked more episodes exploring the world, or at least the characters a bit more, instead of wasting a lot of time in several episodes in this already short series.

This series had amazing potential, but even though it's wasted too often, it can really be brilliant when it tries.
Dec 26, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
This epilogue expanded the world so much it made me want a second season.

I loved the characters and the world. There could still be so much to see, I want to discover more and see the girls making their dreams come true ( especially Noël becoming a "cute wife")...

And the moe didn't ruin the anime for me :>
YumeNoMonogatariDec 26, 2013 11:28 AM
Jan 5, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2012
Noel is just so Hngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
May 4, 2014 8:13 PM
Oct 2013
Acropyre said:
Noel is just so Hngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

God I know. I just want to hold her in my arms and make her feel loved.
Jun 13, 2014 9:00 PM
Jun 14, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2012
A rather average additional episode, not much to say about this to be honest, still was a cute episode nonetheless.
Nov 12, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2014
lol at Seiya's wish. Oh well, he's only like 6 years old or something, I can't be too harsh on him.

So Helvetia was Japan all along? WTF? Then why would the setting be based on Spain, be named after the latin name of Switzerland and the language be French?

Japan will never cease to amaze me with their determination to make all the girls in their shows lesbians.

Mediocre end to a mediocre show.

3/5
D-ohnutsNov 12, 2015 5:12 PM
Nov 14, 2015 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
Too bad we won't be seeing any sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2015 3:45 PM

Aug 2015
Noel's wish though, I might've died a little. She just wants to be a lovely wife
Jan 19, 2016 8:12 PM
Sep 2015
I wish we ever found out just what the story with the Angel/Demon was.
Jan 29, 2016 11:55 PM

Aug 2012
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this episode. The main hook for me in regards to this series was a trumpeter in the military, and this episode was basically about Kanata. Also, everything was a pretty logical continuation of the events of the main series. This was definitely better than most episodes of the main series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

athyra - Jun 23, 2010

79 by Starchaser »»
Feb 28, 2022 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.