Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 19, 2010 4:29 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Masao. Nobody really cared for him :(

Damn this is getting good!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2010 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
IDex said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

Somebody FINALLY displays some genre-savviness. Well done, Doctor! It only took you, like, 30 deaths to draw together the OBVIOUS connection between the bite-marks and the people losing blood! Good job, you fucking idiot.

Yeah since it makes perfect sense that everyone was killed by vampires! ofc! Anyone who thinks that vampires don't exist is a damn idiot. And because my granny died last week it must mean that my neighbour is a witch.
/sarcasm
Dumb fuck-.-
Finally an anime that takes believable approach on supernatural stuff. IRL doctors wouldn't assume right away that something like this is caused by vampires. At least in last 500 years.

Yeah I love the approach too. It took a paranoid teenager who had witnessed it and researched it to spark the flame in the Doc's head. Most people here don't seem to realise how the world works, fantasy becomes obselete/minimal in a job such as being a doctor that requires so much logic, he wouldn't have thought about it. I think this is part of the reason Shiki is my favorite anime this season - Its very western in its approach to everything, especially the vampires.

When I say western, I mean it actually doesn't feel like an anime due to the lack of exaggeration outside of the character designs. I think the exaggeration works wonders for the vampires though, especially the little girl who looks plain creepy.
Aug 20, 2010 9:06 PM

Sep 2009
IDex said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

Somebody FINALLY displays some genre-savviness. Well done, Doctor! It only took you, like, 30 deaths to draw together the OBVIOUS connection between the bite-marks and the people losing blood! Good job, you fucking idiot.

Yeah since it makes perfect sense that everyone was killed by vampires! ofc! Anyone who thinks that vampires don't exist is a damn idiot. And because my granny died last week it must mean that my neighbour is a witch.
/sarcasm
Dumb fuck-.-

At what point did I say "They finally realised it was vampires"? I didn't. I said that it was obvious there was a connection between the bitemarks and the loss of blood. That's the only possible point of blood loss for any of them, and every single person shares this feature. In spite of that, nobody ever thought to draw the connection or even explore why there were bitemarks on EVERY. SINGLE. VICTIM.

Dumbfuck.
Aug 21, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
IDex said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

/sarcasm
Dumb fuck-.-

At what point did I say "They finally realised it was vampires"? I didn't. I said that it was obvious there was a connection between the bitemarks and the loss of blood. That's the only possible point of blood loss for any of them, and every single person shares this feature. In spite of that, nobody ever thought to draw the connection or even explore why there were bitemarks on EVERY. SINGLE. VICTIM.

Dumbfuck.

Don't be ridiculous. The doctor clearly knew there were bitemarks but couldn't figure out what could have caused them. If you were a doctor in real life under the same situation, you would most likely be sacked for even suspecting a phenomenon like vampires. The only reason he suspected it was due to Natsuno asking such a strange question that simply rang the bell in his mind.

Although 6 episodes/sio many deaths in may be a bit too late, so I can understand the rage. You would have thought Natsuno would have mentioned it last episode at least, since it was in his face.

EDIT: I misread you a bit too, he should have figured out the connection between the loss of blood and bitemarks a bit sooner. Still, he couldn't have been 100% sure. Just very close, enough for the thought of vampires to make him click.
Aug 21, 2010 10:18 PM

Jun 2009
Ok.. they base it on that vampires never exist that's why the citizen only sees is as a medical problem. But finally a hint sparks

Those kids at the ending scene was crazy, what can they do? lol
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 21, 2010 10:45 PM
Jun 2008
I think If every doctor suspect a bite mark = vampire, I think doctor are not needed anymore because anyone also can do that.
Aug 22, 2010 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
So they let that strange idiot lie dead in the attic? I really didn't like him, but it seems he was right with thinking his family prefers his two younger siblings.
Aug 22, 2010 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
Natsuno looked like he'd come back from the dead himself xD
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 22, 2010 9:53 AM

Sep 2009
All these arguments would hold more credibility if he hadn't accepted vampires quite so easily as soon as the idea actually occurred to him.
Aug 22, 2010 3:03 PM

Jul 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
All these arguments would hold more credibility if he hadn't accepted vampires quite so easily as soon as the idea actually occurred to him.

I think the fact he mentions zombies and vampires shows he simply accepted there may be a phenomenon at work. He ended up just calling them the Risen right? He doesn't actually say they're vampires.
Aug 23, 2010 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
Psychodrake said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

I think the fact he mentions zombies and vampires shows he simply accepted there may be a phenomenon at work. He ended up just calling them the Risen right? He doesn't actually say they're vampires.

True, but this is more a case of Our Vampires Are Different. It doesn't matter what he called them, the point only really rests on whether or not he accepts the paranormal.
Aug 23, 2010 3:02 PM

Jul 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Psychodrake said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:

True, but this is more a case of Our Vampires Are Different. It doesn't matter what he called them, the point only really rests on whether or not he accepts the paranormal.

Yeah I can't argue with that little bit of inconsistency in the series, but we'd just have hit a wall if it wasn't done this way. It was nicely planned to have a town with an "Undead" myth.

At least they aren't twilight vampires.
Aug 23, 2010 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
I thought the way he "accepted" it was pretty normal actually, maybe it feels weird because he's a man of science and all but if it had been me I would have accepted it easily too. Dunno, but I think in the manga he took more time to think about it and actually didn't accept it at first, that's why he decided to test it out on Setsuko (?) *maybe thats why I thought it was normal for him lol xD*, but I'm not sure because I read that part a few months ago xD
SoraKuroAug 23, 2010 9:32 PM
Sep 2, 2010 9:58 PM

Jan 2010
this gets more interesting, is that blood transfusion really gonna work?
Sep 9, 2010 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Usually when shows use communication breakdowns to move the plot, I find it frustrating. However, in this show, it seems very natural and realistic.... An isolated, small town, where everyone is very private would be a great place for vampires to set up shop.
I have to agree with what you said it feels complete and natural when this show does it I myself was excited and shocked when the doctor figured out what was going on,on what i assume he knows what is going on.
Sep 11, 2010 6:46 PM
Jun 2010
lol some people don't understand that the doctor never saw UNDEAD people, he only saw the bite marks, it's logic that vampires are the last thing on his mind. The purple hair dude saw the UNDEAD Megumi. When he started talking about people coming back from death and Megumi, the doctor said the word Vampires. That's how he connected the bite marks to the vampire.

Sep 12, 2010 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
Interestinggggg =o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 13, 2010 1:03 PM

Oct 2009
I like this show more and more with each episode. So nice to see a throwback to the more classic vampire tale rather than making them an object of beauty and romance.

Natsuno pissed Megumi off now though so we will see what she does. Not looking forward to him meeting his undead friend either.

Sep 23, 2010 9:47 PM
Feb 2010
Interesting... it took the doctor 6 episodes to realise that vampires may be behind all these. Which kind of mosquitoes can bite two holes in such a vampire-ish way I wonder?

Somehow the villagers are too relaxed too. And judging from the pattern of the deaths, it should have been easy to conclude that it's not n epidemic. After all, if it was, people would not die so slowly, given that no precautions were taken to prevent the transmission of airborne diseases.

But till now, everything is quite realistic. Normal doctors would not even question the occult, but everything by the scientific way (observation).

Have a feeling that the real story is gonna start from ep 7.
Sep 30, 2010 4:35 PM

Mar 2010
the doc finnaly has relized something

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 3, 2010 2:46 AM

May 2010
Oh snap! The doctor's figuring it out! :D
Oct 4, 2010 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
This show has only grown better and better through every episode and I'm so happy watching its overall score in MAL rise. It def needs more attention.
The setting is beautiful, the music eerie, the animation stellar. It's one of the most unique and intriguing shows I've watched till now without getting pretensive at all. Everything falls into place and feels natural.
I loved this episode and it's creepiness, especially the scene between Natsuno and the doc. I also love how this show focuses more on the relationship and emotional state of people rather than shear action and gore. It makes it much more scary and clever.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 6, 2010 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't like this episode quite as much as the ones before it. Oh well.

--If Masao could just stay dead, that'd be great, thanks.
--I liked the scene where Yuki questions the doctor. I liked seeing Natsuno trying to research vampires & I'm happy that at least that seed of suggestion has been planted in a few minds now.
--I didn't really like the rewind/fast-forward thing with Megumi in the beginning. I just didn't see any necessity/benefit in doing it.
--It's funny that when Yuki first ripped up that postcard I was all *thumbs up.* But then a few seconds later I was like, '...But maybe that wasn't such a good idea throwing it out the window where your kinda crazy, undead stalker could find it...' Especially since he's apparently determined to not die anytime soon. Just saying.

Monad said:
Natsuno trying to find information about vampires through movies. Lol if you expect Hollywood to help you, you are as good as dead.

^ LOL.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Nov 9, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2010
This being the first episode to be ''loved'', by me in this series, I'd have to say that they really pulled off this episode well. Everything seemed to be like a movie, from start to finish. Even the most obvious parts were well illustrated and acted out beautifully. Definitely looking forward to the next!
Nov 12, 2010 12:46 AM

Apr 2010
Finally. Something new.
Nov 25, 2010 6:22 AM

Nov 2010
I was waiting for this discovery to come! It's about time that something different happens besides seeing death after death after death xD. Now I think it gets interesting...
Dec 23, 2010 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, totally loved Natsuno's and Ozaki's talk. Great moment when doctor suddenly compared everything and realized what's going on.
Sunako is also great, i like her mystery inside.

I wonder if Megumi's going to do something to Natsuno when she saw that letter.
Jan 2, 2011 12:10 PM
Jul 2010
Great episode. I didn't expect the doctor to realize it so fast. I mean, I probably didn't expect him to accept it so fast. Although the hint Natsuno gave in that conversation made him consider the possibility, I'm still expecting him to go in denail or something...

I loved how Masao died - with no one by his side. Did anyone even notice? xD That fly landing in his tongue sure was creepy...

And what about Tatsumi? He was out and the sun was up... Is he a vampire like the others?
Jan 17, 2011 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
I feel sorry for Megumi... the main guy was so mean to her when she was alive, and now she's dead and he's still mean to her... :( Anyways this show is getting pretty engrossing, gotta keep watching
Feb 24, 2011 12:48 AM

Oct 2010
I was literally just about to drop this show and when the doctor finnally realized that something messed up is going on it sucked me right back in
Best ep yet
Apr 4, 2011 2:33 AM

Aug 2008
Boy the beginning of this episode started out weird. I wonder what our little stalker vampire is gonna do now that she's been clearly rejected? Things moved a bit slowly, but I enjoyed how the tension built. The ball is in the doctor's court now. What's he gonna do with that hunch? What can you do when you think there are vampires in a village? Most of the villagers will probably think he's insane if he blurts it out.

Apr 23, 2011 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
This is getting more and more interesting. Lovin' it!

I hated Natsuno at first, but watching more episodes made me love him. Yay. <3
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 9, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
no joke, that doc is some clever dude.
Aug 11, 2011 7:26 PM

Mar 2011
Best episode yet. It's getting really good now since the story is finally moving. Doc, Yuuki and other villagers know/are getting suspicious of vampires or the rich people.

Plus people are turning into vamps and Megumi is pissed.
May 7, 2012 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Dat big brother/Tatsumi is watching you...
May 27, 2012 10:11 AM

Jul 2011
Mizilla said:
Oh snap! The doctor's figuring it out! :D

About time! XD
Jul 30, 2012 10:38 AM

Jul 2009
the first scene with the rewind and fast forward is creepy as hell O____O

i guess the people who turn into vampires are isolated in the castle away from the village(hence why sudden people are moving out)

Ozaki getting frustrated and taking all out towards Muroi is just sad.

at least Muroi is considerate. Sunako is lovely :)

and yeah a Doctor believing vampires??? definitely hard to convince someone like that.

the series keeps interesting as the episodes goes by.

animation is freaking awesome and music is godly as always ^^
Sep 24, 2012 6:55 PM

Sep 2012
errrk...there was a fly on his tongue..
Oct 1, 2012 5:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The V word has finally come out this episode.. I love how they slowly have built up the suspense.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 1:58 AM

May 2012
Maybe they finally came to a realisation of what's really going on!
Nov 3, 2012 12:47 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man, that ending sparked some interest in me. Good episode.
Dec 9, 2012 8:23 PM

Feb 2011
Not for nothing, but did Megumi really think Natsuno would change his mind about her after she killed his best friend? I can't even feel sorry for her mourning shiki self.

And I loved that "ah-ha" moment Ozaki had at the end.
Dec 12, 2012 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
Mad Doctor vs Zombie Vampires time???

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 3, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
4.26/5
Feb 25, 2013 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
It seems the truth is starting to unfold.

Mar 20, 2013 7:50 AM
Jan 2012
Good, the doctor realized it earlier than I expected.

And it seems that Masao is coming back "alive" in the next episode, creepier than ever.
Jun 27, 2013 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
As a doctor, I think he should have the instinct to ask at least one patient how he got the bite? Why he never asks? :(

anyway, he got on the right track now.

And I hope the kids would be okay, it looks like they will team up with Natsuno.
KuriniJun 27, 2013 9:14 PM
Jun 28, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2010
OMG Vampires!
Jul 11, 2013 3:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kurini said:
As a doctor, I think he should have the instinct to ask at least one patient how he got the bite? Why he never asks? :(

I know right? Maybe because they'll just say the don't know. But even then, he should be wondering why they all have two "bug" bites and not just one, or have a variation in the amount of bites they have. Not only that, but the distance between the two bites are probably about the same. No way can a bug be that precise. But good job Natsuno for giving the doctor a hint.
Aug 7, 2013 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Am I the only one or do other people also want Natsuno and Toshio to work together? I think the little girl seems quite friendly, but I'm not sure if she's just pretending to o.O
Can't wait to watch the next episode!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Nov 4, 2010

407 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

191 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

299 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.