Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
FMA will be missed like nothing else ;_;

I hope they don't ruin it with a movie like they did with Mizushima's one. Anyways, this one is 100 times better than FMA (2003). Truth is Told.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2010 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
Well, shit. Easily one of the best animes I've ever seen.
Jul 4, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
The ending was just perfect. I love that ed and winry ended up together, their kids are so cute

I'm really sad it's over. I looked forward to watching the new episode every Sunday

This show gets an easy 10/10 from me. I doubt any other shonen I watch could ever be as great as this.
Jul 4, 2010 11:17 AM

Sep 2009
I can't believe it is over. It has been one great ride, through the ups and downs. Like some one else posted earlier, I was torn between laughing and crying. I thought they tied everything up and we got a happy ending. The babies were so cute.

*sigh* I guess I can wait awhile and re-watch....This will be one of my favourite animes.
Jul 4, 2010 11:18 AM
Aug 2008
Wah it's over! T-T What an end and what a ride this has been. :) I really liked the touch on Mustang's group. I really felt my closure on everyone with this ending, but honestly Mustang's mustache....D: why?! XD Other than that little thing haha, I feel satisfied. 10/10 right here. Good-bye FMA! <3 I'll be looking forward to the movie! :D
Jul 4, 2010 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
freaking perfect show!!! 10/10! ending was perfectly perfect..... ;_;

Jul 4, 2010 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
BEST SERIE EVER! <3<3<3<3<3
Jul 4, 2010 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
The ending was soo cuutee! xD And i'm happy that Mustang got his sight back! But i will miss FMA! I loved it! XDD
Jul 4, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
This was one of best series I've seen!
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing Around.
Jul 4, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
Great ending to a great series!! I give it a 10/10 better then the first one I can tell u that. I loved how they added more on Mustang's group in the beginning of the episode XD. The babies were so cute lol. I was crying throughout the episode lol but the closure was great, but the mustache...........wtf really.... but I am satisfied. BYE BYE FMA!!! But I'll be looking forward to the movie XD
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Jul 4, 2010 11:30 AM
Mar 2010
That was some badass confession! ;D
Jul 4, 2010 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
for the first time Fma made my cry ( a little bit) when Winry jumped when she saw them :D really awesome and dramatic moment there...
loved it
Jul 4, 2010 11:46 AM

Dec 2009
EPICCCCCCCCC. i have nothing further to say. . . .
Jul 4, 2010 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
C2 said:
Shed manly tears a few times for this anime. Masterpiece!

Pretty much sums it all up for me :)
10/10

grklein said:
Is it just me or the scene with Ed on the train looks almost exactly like the last scene of the original series (elbows on the window, looking up t the sky)?

Yeah, I'm happy I'm not the only one who thought it so :p
SilgrondJul 4, 2010 11:55 AM
Jul 4, 2010 11:53 AM
Mar 2010
Would have like to seen Ed and Al's reaction to Hohenheims death but oh well. Great series.
Jul 4, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
I spent a few minutes laughing at Mustang's mustache. It's even more hilarious than Scar's hair.

Loved the episode, much more detail than the final chapter of the manga- fantastic!

Gonna miss this series!!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 4, 2010 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
Excellent episode. A few modifications here and there that really did wonders to the wrap-up episode.
Mustang part was really done well, loved how they added Havoc in there.
Scar part was kinda off.
Ling part as flashback was ok.
Winry slowly coming out of the door was kinda pushing it a little but well it was ok.
Selim part was really cute and great.
Al meeting with the chimeras was fun but they left out their talk about their own research that they did.
And of course, confession/proposal part of Ed/Winry was the best part of the episode. Couldn't stop smiling at that part. Better than the manga.
"Hologram" playing at last part was great, that was my favorite OP song. I remember LanFan being at the left side of Ling's throne but oh well. The ending credits were excellent. For what the brothers went through, this ending was what they deserved.

It was painful to update this show and set it as completed. But a great show must come to an end. Although there were some inconsistencies in the pacing of the first episodes and the last parts and some events that were left, modified or cut out, it was minor that I forget about it sometimes. Overall, one of the most faithful adaptation and ending to one of the greatest mangas out there. Definitely deserves a 10/10.

I wonder what the movie is about. Condensing the whole series in 2-3 hours? Or maybe a side story of the forgotten Ishbal arc(I so wanted that "stray bullet" that they said there). Whatever it is, you can never have enough FMA so let's have it.

Lol at the 1/5 at the polls and 1/10 score given. Can you give the reason for those scores? I don't think this show deserves that but let's hear out your reason to be fair.
belatkuroJul 4, 2010 12:09 PM
Jul 4, 2010 12:06 PM

Nov 2007
One hell of a ride. I'd give this a 9/10, but the pre-pubescent humor and the overall lighthearted atmosphere makes me unable to do so. All in all it was a great series, however, so it gets the strongest of 8s.
Jul 4, 2010 12:07 PM
Dec 2009
Winry babies :3

It's finished now, was awesome and really fun to watch =)

Jul 4, 2010 12:11 PM
Jun 2009
sorry for my English.
weeelll... that's it. the true end of FMA. I'll miss Edward so much...
and OMG Roy's moustache! xD hahaha!
okay, graphically it's not the best episode I've ever seen, but it was fine. I surprisingly didn't cry but it was really touching in the end.
Mei and Alphonse are so cute! xD
EdxWin were cute too, but I actually hate Winry (cause I'm jealous).
10/10 for the plot
5/10 for graphics
9/10 for the music
10/10 for characters.
Jul 4, 2010 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
Sadly this is the end of an anime that will forever be remembered in anime history, ty to all the hard working pple who dedicated their time into making this anime. Ive become biased as fuck when it comes to this anime so im obviously giving it a 10/10 but all things must come to an end FMA will forever have a place in my heart as well as many others. In the end the best part of the ending was that Ed manned the fuck up and confessed to Winry and years later they had kids?? TY Aniplex, Bones, Funimation, and SE for giving me the ending ive been wanting so much! xP
Jul 4, 2010 12:23 PM

Mar 2008
I feel like a part of my life has been completed. I was on the edge of my seat when Winry was seeing Ed off (i've not read the manga yet) and I was expecting a kiss but what he said and how he looked made everything okay, not to mention the picture they gave us of them with kids :))) everything feels right and complete and I'm so very happy.
Jul 4, 2010 12:28 PM

Apr 2009
Moustache Mustang made my day.
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jul 4, 2010 12:52 PM

Jan 2010
Why did they give Mustang a mustache? And I'm glad they gave Havoc his legs back, which i complained that Arakawa didn't. Overall godd way to end it. Still they had to use Hologram again? They could have chosen Let It out.
Jul 4, 2010 12:58 PM

Jan 2010
Oh yeah, so because Hohenheim had his own ending theme last week he didn't get any mention whatsoever in the final episode? Equivalent Exchange? bleh he didn't get a picture but they gave Falmon one, huh?
Jul 4, 2010 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
OMG IS ALL OVER I NEED MORE FMA!

Jul 4, 2010 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
Well, FMA is always amazing. Brotherhood did the plot nicely. I loved the manga a bit more, but imo this deserves 10/10 as well, it was just .... amazing. Especially the music ! Gosh, good job ! :D

Well, there's always that one thing that won't satisfy me ....

Jul 4, 2010 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
As I expected, no resolution to Ling and Lan Fan's so-called "relationship." I called it, I knew there was no romance between them, she was just his bodyguard, but sigh, fandom and shippers will choose what they want to see... speaking of them, what did they do with the Philosopher's Stone anyway? The old emperor obviously didn't become immortal, is Ling immortal again now? Or did they just get some Alkahestry expert to perform some flashy tricks with the Stone and used up its power?

Also, I'm willing to bet Lan Fan had no lines in this episode because Nana Mizuki is pretty busy promoting her eighth album "Impact Exciter" which comes out on Wednesday. WIN.

It is BS that Pride got to live and Greed didn't. OMG wat. Seriously?
Banshee-IVJul 4, 2010 1:27 PM
Jul 4, 2010 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
-sobbbbb-
So, I guess, I need to get a life now. Oh God.
FMA/10, because OVER 9000 jokes are way overused.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 4, 2010 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
Only complaint is the movie.

Why...just.Why.
Jul 4, 2010 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
Does this mean we can guess a AlxMei? Man, what a great show. I think only FMA:B and the future ending of One Piece could have such an effect on me. The entire episode I was hoping for another FMA show.

I pray to God there won't be one, so it can't destroy how awesome this one is. Conflicted feeling is difficult.

10/10
Jul 4, 2010 1:39 PM

Dec 2009
punkster90 said:
Oh yeah, so because Hohenheim had his own ending theme last week he didn't get any mention whatsoever in the final episode? Equivalent Exchange? bleh he didn't get a picture but they gave Falmon one, huh?

First picture shown was his grave next to Trisha's!
Jul 4, 2010 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
ninkendo said:
punkster90 said:

First picture shown was his grave next to Trisha's!

ROFL, owned.
Jul 4, 2010 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
I can now die happy.

T_T Really, I knew how it would end since I read the manga, but...

... To quote C2, "manly tears were shed".

Anyway...

- Roy! Riza! The Roy-tachi! Dr. Knox! Dr. Marcoh! Quite a good scene.
- I now officially ship Scar x Olivier.
- I wanted to see Olivier's epic grin animated...
- ALPHONSE! YAY AL IN FLESH IS ANIMAT-... ...wut. Why does he look so... ... D: He looked much better in the manga.
- On the other hand, Ed looks much better in this episode~ I'm not the biggest fangirl ever, but I still love him a lot. Yeah, he's hot. (that rhymed!)
- Ling and Mei finally talk. XD
- ...Why didn't they include the scene where he carried her like she's a potato sack? It was funny :c
- lol dog looks retarded.
- "Next time we make you cry, it'll be tears of joy!" indeed. Waaah...
- Mega glomp! Lol, can I ship them...? You know, OT3...? *expects to be bricked*
- Elicia looks so much cuter now! :D ... Hughes... I still miss Hughes T__T
- Grumman!
- "Reborn" Selim remains adorable.
- Zerso and Zampano eat like pigs. ...Well, the one of them is a pig/human chimera. XD
- Okay, Al looks better now.
- FUCK YEAH. My inner EdWin fangirl just died. It's been 3 weeks, and it still dies whenever it sees that scene.
- Oh Hologram! I really liked that song. Aww, the pictures...
- Yeah, Scar is rockin' that ponytail.
- Are these kids related to Falman?
- o.o Moutsache...
- Just as I expected, one boy and one girl! EdWin and AlMei. 2-in-1. Yay.
- What the hell are Paninya and Garfiel doing there though?! It's the ELRIC FAMILY picture! What, so Garfiel moved in to hit on Ed and/or Al and Paninya came to take care of the kids or something? DX

Anyway. 5/5 episode, 10/10 series. All time favourite, no doubt. ~ <3

Do you think the movie will be a recap, a sequel or the war in Ishbal arc?
Whatever it is, I'll watch it.

... I'll miss coming to these forums after every episode :|
Jul 4, 2010 1:45 PM

Oct 2009
I just came
Jul 4, 2010 1:52 PM

Jan 2008
Dx i don't want it to end....

also, did you guys notice that they gave roy a mustache at the end? wtf? XDDD
Jul 4, 2010 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
AICW said:
As I expected, no resolution to Ling and Lan Fan's so-called "relationship." I called it, I knew there was no romance between them, she was just his bodyguard, but sigh, fandom and shippers will choose what they want to see... speaking of them, what did they do with the Philosopher's Stone anyway? The old emperor obviously didn't become immortal, is Ling immortal again now? Or did they just get some Alkahestry expert to perform some flashy tricks with the Stone and used up its power?

At the very least, Lanfan definitely had feelings for Ling. It was all but confirmed in her scene when she splits off with Hohenheim in th final arc.

As far as the old emperor and the philosopher's stone goes- he wanted to be immortal, there was no mention of him wanting to be -emperor- forever. There's a difference.

Jul 4, 2010 2:04 PM
Dec 2007
Once again a very good episode and a greatly satisfying ending for Brotherhood. It was a nice idea to put a whole episode on the aftermath of the climax, a lot more series should do that. Overall, FMA:B was probably one of the best "pure-bred" shonen ever, along with the first Dragon Ball series, Hunter x Hunter, Kekkaishi and a few others I don't recall at the moment. 9/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 4, 2010 2:04 PM

Apr 2010
A great ending to one of the greatest animes ever created.
Jul 4, 2010 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
Awhh i always get sad at the ned of things! :(
but it was a good ending. it worked very well!
Jul 4, 2010 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
Loved it. Music was great.

Now I hope the movie has some nice husband and wife moments with Ed and Winry (that's assuming the movie continues the story).

Edit: This is perfect for my 1000th post.
Jul 4, 2010 2:14 PM

Oct 2008
@alexandra53225 . . I ship olivierxscar too . . It would be an awesome pair .

@belatkuro , you got your points mate :) :) nice one .

This pain of fma ending , just doesn't go . . :(

and i don't understand why the rating of this show hasn't increased :(
Jul 4, 2010 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
punkster90 said:

what are you talking about? he got a pic lol it was pinako in front of his and trisha's graves
Jul 4, 2010 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
I am simply amazed.

This is really how a shounen series is done. I applaud.
Jul 4, 2010 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
FMA last episode: best complete closure ever for an anime. It was exactly how I imagined it in the manga. I liked the group picture at the end in the anime more than the manga. It's finally over..~sigh.
Jul 4, 2010 2:49 PM
Jan 2010
that was a great way to end the series. FMA:B is so much better than the first one and i hope the movie is great aswell.

Mustangs moustache and the EdxWinry moment made me laugh.

Really gonna miss watching this every Sunday
Jul 4, 2010 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
10/10

Perfect.
Jul 4, 2010 3:04 PM

Oct 2009
Most worthy 10/10 I've given :) story, art, music... everything is just perfect :D
Jul 4, 2010 3:06 PM

Feb 2009
By the way, I have to agree that the ending is a 10. The series is a 9.8, rounded up to a 10.

Jul 4, 2010 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
What's with all the Edward x Winry worshiping? D:
I suppose I'm one of the few people who truly hates that couple. And I seldom use the word hate.
Which I why I growled, HARD, when I spotted the kids.

The rest of the episode was just... amazing. ♥
Though that mustache Roy decided on wasn't exactly attractive.

It's an all-time favorite, that's for sure.
10/10.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.