Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2010 3:27 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP and ED are both great

The government definitely makes a better enemy than those the Skrugg as well... Though from the OP and ED it definitely seems that they will team up against another enemy at the end...
Jun 24, 2010 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
Hell yeah. Kylee OP was great. ED was really cool too. I liked the 2-D on real life parts

-The OP seems to foreshadow a lot like Joey on the run for most of this part, the Skrugg coming back and for some reason, Stan Lee's character is all over the song. Does that mean he'll be playing a bigger part? I really hope so.

-Hughes is pretty cool. Though the OP and ED pretty much spoil that he'll be friends with Joey at some point.

-The way this arc is heading is way better than the Skrugg arc. The story has had a full narrative before but this just seems like a much cooler direction to take.

(Chibi-Joey and Lina are so CUTE! :P)
Jun 24, 2010 5:02 AM

Sep 2009
Love the new OP. I like that song better than the last one. The ED was interesting...I don't really have any comments on that song but I liked the 2D with reality thing.

I also agree that the way the story is going now is a lot more interesting than before. Now I'm starting to feel glad I stuck around long enough for this part of the story.

Oh and did Joey forget he had super speed?...He could have used that to easily escape.
Jun 24, 2010 5:18 AM

Feb 2008
Is it just me, or does Heroman look a lot like Joey's dad?
Jun 24, 2010 5:24 AM

Mar 2009
OMG !! New OP by KYLEE ~!
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jun 24, 2010 5:31 AM

Jul 2007
little joey was so cute <3 love opening and ending xDD
Jun 24, 2010 6:14 AM

Dec 2007
Great new OP and ED =)
Jun 24, 2010 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
Guess I'm the first to say that I didn't like the new OP and ED songs. But the content is pretty good. Lots of foreshadowing and spoilers for future episodes.

This government chase/escape arc is pretty good. Though from the OP, another enemy will show up and maybe Joey will team up with Hughes. Meanwhile, Joey is on the run now. Wonder what Lina has to say about this. And the preview says that Psy and the prof will get captured next episode. I agree that this show is getting better now, whatever the ratings on MAL say.

So, we all up and skedaddle now?
Jun 24, 2010 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
as far as the spoil in the op and ed, its really not much of one since the skruggs were not completely destroyed. even so, this show has pretty much become fairly predictable.

it would be so much cooler if joe could merge with heroman. unfortunately its not that kind of show.
Jun 24, 2010 9:22 AM

Nov 2009
The new opening reflects the improvements of this show since that other atrocity of a song and plot. I agree with llamaben, the government is such a better enemy.

While the roadblock thing was sort of standard, but i did get excited with the helicopter. I guess i will have to wait for the next episode to see the van get caught though.
Jun 24, 2010 10:31 AM
Nov 2009
yeah it looks like the skrugg will return and i 'm guessing nick will be the one behind it.
Jun 24, 2010 11:00 AM
Feb 2008
The beginning was new and the ending song to, both loved them, both gave me the feeling that I also got with all movies I see. Uhm, the episode itselve was funny and nice...And god Joey becomes cuter by the second:D
Jun 24, 2010 11:06 AM

Feb 2009
So I guess the question is when will the skrugg return to be the villains again.
Still enjoying this show though.
And sweet Kylee OP! =D
Jun 24, 2010 11:18 AM

Dec 2009
saxophone15 said:
Oh and did Joey forget he had super speed?...He could have used that to easily escape.

I was thinking the same thing the whole time they were trying to escape.
Jun 24, 2010 11:37 AM

Feb 2009
Why the heck is the Daily Bugle calling Spider-man a menace!?
Jun 24, 2010 11:56 AM

Dec 2007
Stan Lee is both in the OP and ED.

Jun 24, 2010 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
Heroman and Joey can leave Heroman like that while escaping or Heroman have to be closed to get that superspeed.

When everything was clear that Skrugg will come back since they leave something behind.
But why does goverment make Heroman as bad guy, those reporter didn't like those lies either.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 24, 2010 2:32 PM
May 2009
That was a pretty cool chase scene. The government sees the separate entity as a threat to the national security of their nation and do anything to either capture or destroy it. There will always be conflict. (That and the government lies a lot)
Jun 24, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
ZetaZeta said:
Why the heck is the Daily Bugle calling Spider-man a menace!?

Ha. Yeah, I was thinking "JJJ must be going nuts over this story" :D
Jun 24, 2010 4:32 PM
Jul 2009
Cool new stuff this time, and there back to serious buiss, its getting interesting again.
Jun 24, 2010 4:47 PM

May 2009
The new opening is win. Kylee is great! Heroman is really growing on me. I'm almost looking forward to the next episode.

saxophone15 said:
Now I'm starting to feel glad I stuck around long enough for this part of the story.
Same here. It got better when the Skrugg were defeated.
Jun 25, 2010 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
from the new op we can see new attacks for Heroman:
1- some spinning Giga Drill Breaker kick
2- a lightning ball that explodes on impact (finally some dbz reference ^_^)

and was holly wearing a shirt that had that guy from soul eater
Jun 25, 2010 9:12 AM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
The new opening is win. Kylee is great! Heroman is really growing on me. I'm almost looking forward to the next episode.

Same here. It's still generic and predictable as hell but at this point I don't even care anymore. It's been ages since I enjoyed an anime this much.

And God dammit Stan lee! Do you have to place yourself in the OP and ED?!

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jun 25, 2010 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
Episode was okay, but I really like the new Opening and Ending. I, too, LOL'd at Stan Lee being in both haha

頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 26, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2009
OP and ED were nice... Stan Lee in both of them. <3
Only thing that I liked about this episode is Holly... I was laughing hard when I saw her sleeping face and then all of a sudden she started screaming all of the sudden.
Stupid episode overall... anime isn't so worth of my time, but with due respect for Stan Lee I will see this anime through.
Why is episode stupid? Joy could find some route where he could go by foot while those 2 passed with some excuse for leaving. We don't know if there are some kind of track team off road, but its still easier way to get out. Just think about this, Joy uses his power without summoning heroman and runs like Forest Gump. Easy as american pie.
Too much american promotion... but that is Stan Lee, he can even make Japanese do what he wants to. :S
Jun 26, 2010 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
O.o Stan Lee puts himself in the OP and ED? Hehe love it! Didn't like the OP song much but I did like the visuals. As for the ED, I love it! I wish the whole series used real backgrounds like that.

The music playing when they were crossing the check points was pretty cool.
Jun 27, 2010 12:33 AM

Jan 2009
wtf the new opening song is so much win its rocking my ears right now
and the pace is slow in this episode i think Heroman will be a 50 episode anime not 26 episodes only
Jun 27, 2010 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
New OP is awesome. Ending is okay. Are they going to fight in New York?
Anyways for the episode, I kinda like it and it's much more interesting than the skrugg story and I see a lot of awesome fights in the future. Glad that I didn't drop this anime ^^

Jun 27, 2010 4:24 PM
Apr 2010
OK is it just me or is there a feeling of a missing episode because episode was about a date and 11 about initiating the date enjoyed the OP and END but im kinda lost a bit
Jun 27, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
youngmind said:
OK is it just me or is there a feeling of a missing episode because episode was about a date and 11 about initiating the date enjoyed the OP and END but im kinda lost a bit

If you get lost by a simple series like this then dodn't ever try to get into psychological philological series like Evangelion, Experiments Lain and all that. Stay with shounen and only the simple ones.

As i said before and seems others share my opinion, this series got a lot better from the moment we got over the cockroaches.
Let's hope it doesn't ruin everything again.

New OP song was good and all but OMG! this pic.

Were to begin to even analyze it. The flag with the hero holding it, the blond cheerleader, the black muscle guy, Stan Lee with his coffee, the rock sister, the small bullied boy that finds power, the best friend, the crazy scientist friend, the government agents. If clishe ever had a pic to go along with it, this would be it. Stan Lee just can't get over his obsessions can't he? Not that i care really, it can still be fun if it keeps going like the last episodes. It's just that that pic was so epic in an lol manner.
Jun 28, 2010 7:20 AM
Apr 2010
Monad said:
youngmind said:

If you get lost by a simple series like this then dodn't ever try to get into psychological philological series like Evangelion, Experiments Lain and all that. Stay with shounen and only the simple ones.

As i said before and seems others share my opinion, this series got a lot better from the moment we got over the cockroaches.
Let's hope it doesn't ruin everything again.

New OP song was good and all but OMG! this pic.

Were to begin to even analyze it. The flag with the hero holding it, the blond cheerleader, the black muscle guy, Stan Lee with his coffee, the rock sister, the small bullied boy that finds power, the best friend, the crazy scientist friend, the government agents. If clishe ever had a pic to go along with it, this would be it. Stan Lee just can't get over his obsessions can't he? Not that i care really, it can still be fun if it keeps going like the last episodes. It's just that that pic was so epic in an lol manner.

all i meant was it felt like there's is a missing episode or a lost episode because it just jumps to there escape and monad and evangelion is one of my fav animes thank u very much. i only watch heroman because i want to see what stan lee can do with japanese animation because he is the USA animation king and this is a great crossover
youngmindJun 28, 2010 7:35 AM
Jun 29, 2010 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
I liked the first OP a lot more, this lacks a bit of character.

Also, how convenient! An abandoned mine that THE ARMY did not see! Weren't they planning on leading Joey into a trap? How could they overlook that? That, in my opinion, is a severe plot hole.
But well, I watch Heroman for fun, and fun I had.

(speculation alert!)
In the opening animation we can see that
Jul 2, 2010 12:02 AM

Sep 2008
Very nice ep. New OP is okay song-wise, animation wise awesome. ED is good too, but both give off easy spoilers which sucks.

I like how they used Holly for an example of how fucked up Green Eco-freaks are in the head!!! TAKE THAT ASSHOLES!!
Aug 3, 2010 1:38 PM

Mar 2007
Loving every minute of it :)

OP forshadowing them going to NYC? perhaps? Maybe DC?
ED was beyond epic. If you imagined what 2d would look like in 3d locations, thats what i would think of. Not that the art style is unique, its just that they hardly ever use still life to 2D in a 1 to 1 ratio. Its usually out of perspective and awkward looking.

Joey on da RUN! Fun episode... Lina... kowai-so...
Wish she came with them srsly.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 9, 2010 9:31 PM

Feb 2010
Very exciting episode~
Also very nice OP and ED. I liked it :D:D
Nov 23, 2012 2:17 AM

Jan 2012
I am enjoying heroman way more than I thought I would. Its a little... it is a lot on the kiddy side of shonen, while I like the more brutal stuff. And I can ignore all the.. ummm, they just don't know that much about America thing, though they do get a lot of stuff right. But you can tell that the creators are marvel fans, and they give us americans fan service. Its a fun anime to watch. And the art is beautiful too. Bones is a great company!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heroman Episode 11 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

24 by ayann72_ »»
Jun 7, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 12 Discussion

garfield15 - Jun 17, 2010

25 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 24, 2022 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 5 Discussion

garfield15 - Apr 29, 2010

49 by Nurguburu »»
Jul 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Apr 1, 2010

260 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 12, 2022 7:02 PM

Poll: » Heroman Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chucky - Sep 23, 2010

55 by iamKetranLang »»
Apr 17, 2022 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.