Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 2008 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ending really owned!
"I've always wanted to touch that scar of yours at least once, Tokiko-san." LOL

I wonder if Kazuki was tired after fighting Victor for a MONTH! He will probably get some reeeeally horrible muscle-pains! Also he had to hold his breath for all that time, and he didn't have the chance to do that energy absorbing, which was supposed to be as vital as breathing.

Glad everything got resolved and had a happy ending, or else I would have been depressed. ^^
May 26, 2008 1:33 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't realise that Busujima (helmeted alchemist warrior) was a girl, let alone a cute one! Bet she has a crush on Hiwatari! :D

*cough cough*

Yup it was an impossibly happy ending for every single character! Even the homunculus that worked for Pappi at the beginning got cloned and they're going to live happily ever after on .... the moon!?!?!?!?! Lol Moonface living on the moon!!! :P

Sorry seriously, apart from some plot holes here and there (as DarkBlue has mentioned), a happy ending really did suit this anime! Plus its nice to see a decent romantic relationship in this genre. :)
Jun 8, 2008 7:13 AM

Mar 2008
yes the ending was really great
i might just rewatch this serie later on

MAL list updates
Jun 14, 2008 1:53 AM

Jun 2008
AWESOME!!!! god i haven't watched an anime with a great ending like this for a while. Finally something with a good happy ending where the main characters end up as couples and ALIVE.
Jun 22, 2008 4:29 PM

May 2008
So how are the homunculus going to live without humans as their food haha.. and how are they going to get there? sigh... wasn't a bad series all together
Aug 26, 2008 3:28 PM

May 2008
mhm, I dont know, Tokiko was so badass at the beginning of the anime, but got so annoying towards the end. o.o

I'm happy theyre together, though.

Sep 25, 2008 11:52 PM

Aug 2008
Happy end for everybody! Until homunculo it finished well! Say more what?
Very cool! I liked! :)
Oct 23, 2008 8:37 PM
Apr 2008
i liked it it had a resolution that was a happy one.............mainly i liked the small skit of tokiko running away since kazuki wants to touch her scar.........but askto touch the ear or the neck..........lol.............it was a good comedy that had pretty good action.....the action was pretty fast ........too a little disappointed at ep 25 since i rather see kazuki fight
victor more than anything else but it was cool how much people loved kazki......also everytime i think about tokiko and kazuki's future its always a big question mark since he doesnt seem type to get a really high paying job so basically they both be working hard to live and family life and so on............but show...mostly reminded me of d gray man of the system of enemies and fighters..........love the characters....knew the gas helmet warrior was a girl since her size and so
Nov 8, 2008 4:25 PM
Nov 2008
This is definitely one of my favorite shows, but in my opinion the ending was AWFUL. So I give the show a 5, but this episode a 2. >:{
Dec 22, 2008 1:30 AM

May 2008
This was a pretty stereotypical anime, but it was still very good. Enjoyable series; 8/10.
Mar 14, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
meh, i found this to be pretty forgettable. very similar to other anime i've seen but wasn't as interesting. i rate high though so 7/10 from me
May 19, 2009 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
Liked the ending :) it added to the rating because of the part when kazuki died :)
Jun 9, 2009 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
Well this was horrible. I found the plot predictable, the dialogue lacking, and the characters were just silly. The only thing that kept me watching this was Tokiko, she was awesome in the beginning but as the show went on it just became worse.

I'm rating this show 5/10, an average typical shounen with a main character that's overpowered and supporting characters that are neglected.
Jun 17, 2009 9:43 AM

May 2009
Well I kinda liked the ending but I thought stupid the really fast ways Victor changed his ming in the moon.
Jun 21, 2009 5:03 PM

Apr 2009
Finally i watched happy ending in an anime :))
Jun 22, 2009 2:15 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
That was so good anime with so good ending!! i loved it and Tokiko X Kazuki PWNS!! *BAD NEWS IS THAT . from now one what watch next "anime" will be hard ... cuz i have lot of very good animes completed .. so please somone recommend me animes and check my list. )THANK YOU(*
Jul 3, 2009 9:40 PM
Jul 2009
Eilos said:
This is definitely one of my favorite shows, but in my opinion the ending was AWFUL. So I give the show a 5, but this episode a 2. >:{

I felt the same way. Kazuki never finished his fight properly with Victor, Tokiko never finished her fight with Pappion, and the third white kakugane came out of nowhere. The series was good but the ending was just a flat-out dissipointment to me.
Jul 5, 2009 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
If you didn't get the idea of this show just being a generic fighting show with a main character that has some kind of 'secret super power' then it was probably painful to watch. There were a ton of things that made no sense or that I saw coming before they even happened, hell I guessed some of the dialogue. But, beyond all that it was a very enjoyable show, funny, had some good, if not exaggerated, fights, and a happy ending is never bad once in a while :D . 8/10, recommended if you are just trying to kill some time and have a few laughs.
Aug 1, 2009 8:57 AM

Sep 2008
Kiiind of predictable ending. :P We knew Kazuki would come back and everyone would have a happy ending somehow. I never even imagined that the kid with the gas-mask thing or whatever (Busujima?) was a girl, haha.

Tarje said:

I found the plot predictable, the dialogue lacking, and the characters were just silly.

[A]n average typical shounen with a main character that's overpowered and supporting characters that are neglected.

Quite spot on. This show isn't memorable for me.
Aug 3, 2009 6:31 PM
Jul 2008
I rili loved it!!!!!! great anime!
Aug 13, 2009 3:44 AM

Aug 2008
I couldn't stop laughing during this episode. Fight on the moon was already ridiculous (weak gravity and no air can be damned) but "reunion" in outer space is even beyond that. And "This time fore real, you and I are one" phrase with both of them naked... ^^

Awesome ending by the way. Other than not giving a damn about physics at all it's really enjoyable series :]

merle_noir said:
I never even imagined that the kid with the gas-mask thing or whatever (Busujima?) was a girl, haha.
Seriously? I was certain of that from the moment she appeared.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 15, 2009 11:28 PM
Nov 2007
Overall, I think the series felt complete than most anime I've seen. It was corny and nonsensical at times, but the characters made up for those moments. It's an enjoyable series and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

I would have given it a 7.5/10, but since we can't do decimal ratings here in MAL, I gave it a 7. It just didn't feel like an 8 for me.

Lame things:
- Super saiyan enemy and moments
- Some weapons/weapon balance
- Some enemies
- Some moments were really corny

Good things:
- Romance subplot was done nicely
- Characters were fun and unique
- Felt like a complete series
- Corny moments were LOL material
radiantfireAug 15, 2009 11:32 PM
Sep 1, 2009 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
WOOOO A HAPPY ENDING!
8/10 for me.

It's predictable but still, I enjoyed watching it. :D
Oct 4, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
So as predicted we've got a happy ending 8D too bad Kazuki's battle with Victor was so short... (and it always amazes me in anime that people can breathe in space xD and Moon's gravity was the same as on Earth... yeah, screw the physics :P)

I must say I was disappointed with sudden change of Victor's heart ._. and he's gonna live with all homunculuses on the Moon? they're not gonna survive long imo

Chouno as a town's star, lol XD and he slightly changed his outfit 8D and I'm glad he remained friends with Kazuki ^^ btw, I want plushie Chouno from this fast food place >///< it was so cute :D

all in all it was an enjoyable series, I'm giving it 8/10
Jan 31, 2010 12:41 PM

Sep 2009
Great anime, in top 3 for me:)The ending also was great 10/10
Feb 8, 2010 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
Enjoyable series, chouno made it worthwhile in particular :P
Mar 3, 2010 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
Despite the things already said by Antanaru, i enjoyed watching this serires. The main characters had charisma and their romance was a nice add to the story.
May 5, 2010 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
I probably enjoyed this series a lot more than I should have. Despite it's predictable and cliche path, I just liked this series a lot. I'll give it a 7/10, really enjoyable, and romance subplot ftw.
May 9, 2010 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
nehnehneji said:

Yup it was an impossibly happy ending for every single character! Even the homunculus that worked for Pappi at the beginning got cloned and they're going to live happily ever after on .... the moon!?!?!?!?! Lol Moonface living on the moon!!! :P

Hahaha. Moonface living on the moon!!
Sig deleted for idiocy.
Jun 15, 2010 4:18 AM

Nov 2009
Didn't see the homunculus living on the moon thing coming, glad it had a happy ending.

Good series I found it well worth my time.
9/10 for me
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
Jun 26, 2010 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
Overall average show, and as for the white k. i saw it coming right after i heard of the black k., way to predictable of a show. and juswt to stay on topic this was a very blah ending and i would have like to see an even bigger emotional relationship between Tokiko and Kazuki, the way they portrayed it i just didn't feel the love. However with all that said i couldn't help but be drawn in by this anime, probably Chono XD.
7/10 (i rate high)
Sep 6, 2010 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
yeee happy-ending...first time for me
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Dec 27, 2010 8:10 PM

Jul 2010
i liked it, this anime was very enjoyable to me, and atleast there were progres in the remance department that we dont ususally see in other animes like naruto, bleach, ect.
overall this was an awesome anime!!
o btw, kazuki is probably one of my favourite characters now.

Feb 17, 2011 10:17 PM

Dec 2010
This ending was awesome, even if it was predictable it was a happy one which was a good change of pace with all the bittersweet endings that are in anime these days.From Kazuki and Tokiko's touching reunion to Kazuki owning Papillion yet again it was all i could have expected and wanted in an ending to the show. As cliche and predictable as this show could be, as bad as some of the dialogue was i couldn't help but really enjoy the show. the chemistry between Kazuki and Tokiko and solid second half to the show made this one really enjoyable for me 9/10.
InfiniteDestinyMar 19, 2011 7:02 PM
Apr 8, 2011 11:38 AM

Oct 2009
I was watching this thinking, if there was anything but a happy ending I'd be disappointed. That being said, I loved it. The ending suited the series 9/10.
May 6, 2011 12:06 AM

May 2010
This show made no sense whatsoever. Everything was average, but I couldn't stop watching. I'll settle for a 5
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 9, 2011 12:21 AM

Dec 2009
Not bad but it's not as good as I had expected.

So, overall: 6/10

Jun 7, 2011 10:19 AM

Jan 2011
Everythings good.
Victorica is still as cute as always ( moe!)

What? He's a female?!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jun 7, 2011 9:30 PM
May 2011
''tokiko can i touch your scar''
awesome hahaha
Jun 26, 2011 4:17 AM

Jul 2010
happy ending! Only thing i wish was that they had showned more of the fight in the moon since it took over a month but whatever. Kazuki got to touch the scar! Papillon is a super star! Bravo still my favorite character of the series. Overall a good anime a 7/10, definitely had some hilarious moments!
Aug 7, 2011 8:52 PM

Apr 2011
Everything fell into place way too convenient, still it was a good ending.

D: why didn't they animate the entire manga chapter in which the ending scene was based, it doesn't even explain the scar. lol still it was fun.
K-ShuunAug 7, 2011 11:11 PM
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 6, 2011 7:48 AM

Oct 2010
I set my expectation super low when I started to watch this... but this proved to be a fun watch.

7/10 - Nice comedy, but it truly fails when it comes to story development.
huh?
Oct 2, 2011 6:29 PM

Aug 2010
So retarded it became awesome, loved it.

7/10
Mar 10, 2012 2:14 PM
Mar 2012
Finsihed it yesterday. Really liked it.

Not a great story but I liked the fights, powers and the characters (Papillon kinda scared me though :x).
I wish we could've seen more of the fight of Victor vs Kazuki on the moon. It was the final boss and kinda the final fight of the series. It deserved more imo.

nevertheless I'm glad to finally see an ending to an anime instead of having it stop somewhere midway like in many of my previous animes

9/10 because <3 shonen
Mar 12, 2012 5:41 AM
Apr 2011
Nice ending.
Apr 9, 2012 5:59 AM
Feb 2012
Recently I started watching anime that involve Fukuyama Jun so this one was a must. Looking back at it I'm really glad that I decided to do so since this anime had nearly everything I enjoy watching- action, humour, a little romance, a nice plot, strong villains and a happy ending. 10/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 8, 2012 12:05 AM

Nov 2009
Just finished it minutes ago. Loved it. Although Papillon was quite the villain early on, he quickly became both a comedic character, as well as an invaluable ally to Kazuki. I actually rooted for him after a while, and felt kinda sad when I presumed he died.
Jun 17, 2012 12:49 PM

May 2012
Even though the series has your tipical Shounen story, I really liked it. For one the romance in it actually evolved into something which almost never happens in these types of anime, plus the action and comedy was awesome! Because of that I did not care that the main story is generic, the main characters make up for it in my opinion.
Apr 17, 2013 1:25 AM
Feb 2012
Really liked the whole series, actually kept my attention and a happy ending for once in a blue moon.

I just wish there was a translation at the end of the episode for us non-Japanese because I cant read it thats for sure and from what I have read and gathered and saw...he wanted to touch her scar(among other things im sure) and it just seemed like a funny convo between all of their friends...so if anyone can translate it or point me in the right direction itd be much appreciated.
Aug 27, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2008
In my hand...a pistol, In my heart...a bouquet, On my lips...liquor. The fate of the world... is on my back!! *Epic pose FINISH*
A good anime for one targeted at a somewhat younger audience; many more than usual mature themes . Papillon the pervert and MOONFACE FOREVER!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Buso Renkin filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Apr 17

2 by Jinks2504 »»
Apr 17, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 1 Discussion

nehnehneji - May 10, 2008

28 by Zane_0 »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:34 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 23 Discussion

theeggman85 - Dec 18, 2008

21 by Narity_ »»
May 21, 2022 2:41 AM

Poll: » Busou Renkin Episode 5 Discussion

theeggman85 - Nov 24, 2008

16 by Narity_ »»
May 8, 2022 8:24 AM

» Busou Renkin Episode 11 Discussion

manish - Dec 26, 2006

22 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Sep 15, 2021 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.