Forum Settings
Forums

List layout for displaying anime scans, with scroll effect! Jigoku Shoujo and Ecchi themes!

New
Jun 9, 2010 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
This layout is custom CSS. If you don't know how to install it, use the easy Beginner's Tutorial in this section:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419405

The design works for both anime and manga lists. For more layouts check the full list of Premade Layouts:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=318587[/b]

Here are layouts specifically made to use scans. "Scans" are very big anime images, often longer vertically than horizontally. You can get scans from sites like Danbooru (search Absurdres), Konachan (search bigger images), Minitokyo, or Google Image when you specify larger images with the options on the left.

The background will scroll as you move down the page and show you the full image! Be sure to use it on your medium sized lists (like a manga list) to see the full effect!

Jigoku Shoujo scan Layout

Switch the scan out with your own if you want! Use the repositing options in the code notes to set your scan just right!

The code, make sure you copy the entire thing in the spoiler tag from the first /* to the last } at the end.

Ecchi beach Layout

Here's the original scan layout I used, the wallpaper was reported before once tho and deleted, so it may not always be available!

The code, make sure you copy the entire thing in the spoiler tag from the first /* to the last } at the end.
Shishio-kunJun 30, 2014 5:37 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 13, 2011 1:10 PM

Mar 2008
I liked this style, but I wanted it for a manga list :(

Sing a song ♪♫

Mar 19, 2011 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
Apocaly said:
I liked this style, but I wanted it for a manga list :(

? You can use this code on a manga list.
Mar 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Mar 2008
heh, but it'll come with the "anime" words, like currently "watching", and "anime title", no?

Sing a song ♪♫

Mar 21, 2011 9:34 PM

Feb 2010
Apocaly said:
heh, but it'll come with the "anime" words, like currently "watching", and "anime title", no?

No. It only changes the main background and font colors/types, not the actual words.

Mar 24, 2011 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Hm, this one looks pretty nice. Good job. I like the picture that you picked as standard. xD
Mar 28, 2011 10:49 AM

Feb 2010
Rodness said:
Hm, this one looks pretty nice. Good job. I like the picture that you picked as standard. xD

GANZAGAS
Apr 20, 2012 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Someone reported the ecchi scan in the beach layout and it was deleted, but I reuploaded it. I've also added a Jigoku Shojo style layout and some extra notes and codes to improve using scans for this kinda layout!
Aug 9, 2012 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
Erhm, if i may ask this: I have the Jigoku shojo layout on my manga list. But when i had it on the anime list i had so many animes that when the picture had been passed it was just light brown (Or something around that) For the rest of the page...

Is there anyway to fix that? or make the picture scroll with you? (:

(Sorry if i sound like a noob or anything, but im just clueless when it comes to CSS xD)
ToxicwolfAug 9, 2012 5:48 AM
Aug 11, 2012 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
The only alternative is to find background-attachment: scroll; near the top and change scroll; to fixed; then it stays in place.
Aug 12, 2012 4:17 PM

Jun 2011
Great, thank you very much :)
May 21, 2014 2:05 PM

Feb 2009
Ooops sorry to bump this old topic, but the background of the list (the image hosted on imageshack) has gone missing! Again? I'm not sure if it's the same issue as before since I can't see the example image either, whoops.

Do you guys have a backup of the image used in the code? I wouldn't mind uploading it to my own server if so.

EDIT: Ah, right, I had been using the Jigoku Shoujo version with my own background image, if that matters!
Jun 30, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2010
I've reuploaded the backgrounds for these layouts that Imageshack deleted when they made their stupid fucking change, and restored the example pics in the first post. I also made it a little clearer in the codes how to change the colors for the list.

SoneAnna said:
Ooops sorry to bump this old topic, but the background of the list (the image hosted on imageshack) has gone missing! Again? I'm not sure if it's the same issue as before since I can't see the example image either, whoops.

Do you guys have a backup of the image used in the code? I wouldn't mind uploading it to my own server if so.

EDIT: Ah, right, I had been using the Jigoku Shoujo version with my own background image, if that matters!

Sorry for long delay, I've reuploaded the background to Imgur. you can get the image link from the first post or recopy the code
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.