Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2009 12:23 AM

May 2008
Ranka may be cowardly. But Sheryl is just annoying.
And her acting this way is really excusable considering her past.

Also the main character is really endearing and not annoying in a lot of ways.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 16, 2009 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
Still loving this. Music is just fantastic.
May 2, 2009 8:20 PM

Jun 2008
Siing said:
Ranka <333. Green haired loli's ftw.
aero said:
Still loving this. Music is just fantastic.
It's also great to hear Tomoya from Clannad, since the series is over now I sure do miss him. Macross Frontier is just lovely. When Ranka sang on the roof, beautiful.
Jul 5, 2009 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
MagicalEmi said:
I also like how San Francisco-ish the city is :D Lots of familiar buildings ^^
Same here!

BEGINNER
Sep 13, 2009 11:40 PM

Jan 2009
I'm suddenly craving dim sum.
Nov 1, 2009 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
Oh for fuck's sake, so this is just a remake then? Is it so hard to just come up with a new story instead of remaking everything in sight you fucking incompetent asswipes of Japanese TV anime? And they cant even remake a simple damn setpiece properly, whereas the original has two characters stuck in an enclosed space and pushes them together at a deliberate pace, this shitty ADD show has THREE people stuck together and strips a dumb bitch's clothes off and rescues them in five minutes. Fucking LAME beyond belief.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 28, 2009 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
^^lol, chill man, it's just a tv show.

Funny ep.
The futuristic landscape of San Francisco is really cool.

Nov 29, 2009 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
*runs around frothing at the mouth, screaming willdly, bashing into walls and people*

But really, check out original Macross one day.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 11, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
Lol it will be so funny when Ranka ends up being more famous than Sheryl... well actually no it won't be but that thought crossed my mind at the end of this episode...
May 27, 2011 1:22 AM

May 2010
Those tuna buns!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 13, 2011 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
lol Ranka’s food looks like boobs!
Dec 11, 2011 4:05 AM

Jun 2008
-ctk- said:
wakka9ca said:
I suppose Ranka is not human.....

If I remember well, she said something like that before....

And her lost memories....

Could the aliens be after her?

She is 1/4 Zentradi.

Yeah but really since Zentradi have been into human society for many years she can't be the only one so what so special about her? I imagine that they would be more people in those ships with mixed human and zentradi blood and the monsters didn't seem to go after them.
Except if am wrong of some reason having zentradi and human blood is a rare thing. If that is true then it should explain why is a rare thing.
They also killed her family so where they after her from birth or was her whole family that attracts those monsters?

Lol at the food looking like breast. And Sheryl Nome's line about him basically masturbate thinking at her was lol. I love the fact that she isn't some little miss sweet and innocent.
Also liked how he replied to the pervert comment and didn't just take it like most anime guys do.

Hakazu said:
I was a quite good episode, but what I don't really understand is why they have to copy all things from the Macross series. I mean, come on you don't have to take everything, like now. . . a Miss Macross contest?

They are still in the same universe you know. It's not a re-imagination of the franchise, it's a sequel. So there is nothing bad about it. It's logical to assume it became kind of a tradition having that contest like we have contest in our world that go for year and years.

Beatnik said:
Oh for fuck's sake, so this is just a remake then? Is it so hard to just come up with a new story instead of remaking everything in sight you fucking incompetent asswipes of Japanese TV anime? And they cant even remake a simple damn setpiece properly, whereas the original has two characters stuck in an enclosed space and pushes them together at a deliberate pace, this shitty ADD show has THREE people stuck together and strips a dumb bitch's clothes off and rescues them in five minutes. Fucking LAME beyond belief.

Actually the fact that their little enclosure time was completely different shows that it isn't a remake. Just because they put them in that position for a little it doesn't mean they where trying to do the same thing. It looked to me more like they did it as a homage and not because they wanted to make the same thing or make it a big deal of the plot. That's why they kept it so small and insignificant.
MonadDec 11, 2011 4:47 AM
Dec 14, 2011 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
The more I see this the more it reminds me of Macross O_o

The way everything is going is just too damn similar. Still, Im enjoying it, it's like watching a lot of references in a different version of it.
Jul 30, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Nice mix between mecha and music. Reminds me of Gundam Seed actually. xD
Aug 5, 2012 8:36 AM

Mar 2010
Ranka had it pretty hard, I have bad memory so its sometimes a good thing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 10, 2012 8:47 PM

Sep 2009
Arrrggg.
I was going "NO NO NO NO NO DAMNIT NO" the moment I saw that shelter.

...I'm not liking any of these characters.
Except Ranka.
But that's largely because that Nyan Nyan song was funny in the first episode.
Jan 2, 2014 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
I know I'm not the only one who thought of a pair of mammary glands when Ranka opened up her tin of buns.
Aug 30, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
jesus christ this fuckpile of penis diarrhea is pissing me off already

THE MORE RECENT THE MACROSS, THE WORSE IT GETS
SHIT

KAWAMORI CAN'T DIRECT HIS OWN SHIT FOR SHIT

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO, ISHIGURO
Jan 1, 2016 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
Btw he looks like kanda from dgm.

Aug 22, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2017
That explosive slap xD By the way, everybody jumped inside the shelter despite the fact that there was a ladder haha. Panic, I guess.

Sheryl told Alto not to distribute "optical data" via the net...does it mean that in 2059 it's possible to "upload" your memories to the net?? Or is it just messed up translation and she just told him to forget...

Grace had some sort of "implant" that helped her access the ship network and find Sheryl? Oh, and she lost her earring even before getting into the shelter. Now that I checked it, she lost it during the first concert.

Ranka's song was lovely indeed. The part with amnesia was a bit harsh for her...so she remembers the flashback but doesn't realize who was killed (her family)?

P.S. Michael played by Hiroshi Kamiya is a pleasant surprise. By the way, he has round ears in the show (or at least not as pointy), but pointy (Zolan) ones in the OP

P.P.S. What's with that funeral at the bottom of the lake?

P.P.S. I wonder how did Ozma, Michael and Luca manage to launch if apparently there was no permission from the president (so now we have presidents and not mayors, huh)
St0rmbladeAug 22, 2020 12:23 PM
Mar 17, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
So we have consistent Macross trends of love triangles, the government being an absolute hinderance, and most likely something about the magical powers of music. Regarding Sheryl and Ranka,

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.