Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Go! Go! Loser Ranger!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
Hibiki and Sentouin D...the unlikely duo. Too bad about the Red Keeper.

As for Hibiki, he definitely took the risk this episode and managed to get himself caught into a life/death situation. Sentouin D still has a huge target on his back so he better watch out. What an ending lol.
Apr 28, 1:45 AM

Jul 2017
Episode was alright, found it to drag in the middle and towards the end but the ending was fine. Got to learn more about Hibiki in this episode too in the process, and while I'm still not a big fan of him and D, it was nice seeing the series build their awkward chemistry together. Still not quite interested in the cast that much but the anime did try to give some depth with Hibiki and even the Keepers there at the start, especially the Red one.
Apr 28, 1:46 AM
Sep 2015
How Hibiki in the past survive the alien attack in the church is a big question mark.
Apr 28, 2:13 AM

Feb 2021
Just noticed that in the OP in the part with stairs D is reflected as many different fighters in the glass shards.
3:41 the title of the episode: "The soldier of love Hibiki!"

No way, did Red actually kill him? What the actual hell.
8:27 介錯 (kaishaku lit. something like "mediate confusion") - 1. beheading (as the ending to a seppuku), 2. assistance; help​ (Archaic)

That's a really messed up family. Interesting backstory.
19:52 Kuramitsuha (闇御津羽神 lit. dark honorable haven wing god) is a diety in Shinto.

Did not expect that ending, nice! But I have some questions: Hibiki was wearing a fighter disguise under the robe the whole time, right? Where did the hand come from? (some kind of trap I guess) How did D "cut off" Hibiki's head like that? Also that fall definitely should be fatal, how did he survive?
Apr 28, 2:32 AM

Feb 2022
OH yeah I like this show a lot.
That was a good episode.
Its a bit slower moving than I expected but its good, breaks the norm.
Apr 28, 2:48 AM

Oct 2020
Fighter D is very sneaking fellow, Hibiki took a big risk to help out D, I'm on D side.
Apr 28, 2:56 AM
Nov 2023
I think this was one of the weakest episodes of the anime. I'm not really a fan of Hibiki's character in general.
The ending was very confusing too. Even after the conversation shown during the credits, I still don't get it.
Could someone please explain what happened?
Apr 28, 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Embient
Just noticed that in the OP in the part with stairs D is reflected as many different fighters in the glass shards.
3:41 the title of the episode: "The soldier of love Hibiki!"

No way, did Red actually kill him? What the actual hell.
8:27 介錯 (kaishaku lit. something like "mediate confusion") - 1. beheading (as the ending to a seppuku), 2. assistance; help​ (Archaic)

That's a really messed up family. Interesting backstory.
19:52 Kuramitsuha (闇御津羽神 lit. dark honorable haven wing god) is a diety in Shinto.

Did not expect that ending, nice! But I have some questions: Hibiki was wearing a fighter disguise under the robe the whole time, right? Where did the hand come from? (some kind of trap I guess) How did D "cut off" Hibiki's head like that? Also that fall definitely should be fatal, how did he survive?
@Embient

He probably got the fighter attire the same way he asked FighterD to give him a mask of the fighters. The hand-trap is from the right hand of D disguised as Hibiki (he hides it under the big jacket in a shot) and yes, I don't know how he faked the beheading. Maybe he simply retreated his head while D was pretending to beheading him. As an independent Ranger he surely has some powers/tricks ups to his sleeve. We don't even know how he survived his encounter with the Alien for example
Apr 28, 3:02 AM

Aug 2017
Man went as far as sacrificing his arm, if that doesn't scream loyalty..

Knowing Fighter D, he'll blow his cover very soon, man can't keep a secret.

Although Hibiki has grown on me this episode, hope we can see more of Suzukiri next episode.
Apr 28, 3:24 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well even without divine weapon, Akabane still as savage as usual, killing his junior in an instant while keep eating. No wonder Yumeko hate his guts so much, and for the rest of the rangers shitty act ofc. Tho things looking not-so-good since Blue decided to track down the scene, which leading the fact that D manage to survive his weapon attack. He really lucky manage to escape thanks to the props Yumeko create with explosion and bloated body. But still i didn't expect Hibiki to comes out that fast, moreover with his flashback...

Well long story short, looks like this episode have the most pacing between all three episode so far. I still don't get Hibiki motivation that seems way too much conflicted with his own flashbacks. But yeah that's it i guess. D return to the rangers infiltration as Hibiki, and Hibiki? Idk how he's still matter later after losing his hand and importantly his face like that...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 28, 3:33 AM

Jan 2018
Red Keeper showed his inner Homelander in this episode. He seems like a much more cold and calculating person than Homelander. Which I think makes him even more terrifying. And the way he's so invested in keeping up the "hero of justice" act is also creepy. The dude definitely has a massive ego.

Fighter D is still alive. Good. But it seems he's severely injured. That sucks.

Sakurama's parents were cultists but they were onto something. They realized that the Red Keepers were violent maniacs sooner than most people. Too bad their "god" came down to kill them in the name of salvation. That's what you get when you join cults I guess. If you have to join a religion, stick to the mainstream ones.

I can't be the only person who was confused watching this episode, right? The fight scenes near the end were hard to follow. I could tell that Fighter D was fighting dirty but it was very confusing what was actually going on.

Sakurama literally chopped off his hand. That's nuts. Even the monster was shocked. But I suppose what happened was that Fighter D and Sakurama swapped places. That explains the ED. I really wonder where the story will go from here. Hope we'll see more of the real Sakurama. He's an interesting guy.

I still wonder what the creature from the last episode's cliffhanger was. Is it the "god" that showed up in the flashback?
Apr 28, 3:34 AM
May 2020
best episode so far. We now see how messed up the rangers are
Apr 28, 4:07 AM
Dec 2022
Well, it played out well. You all are in for some HUGE plot twists later on. Heh.
Apr 28, 4:17 AM

Oct 2016
I am really loving the show, but this episode felt very rushed to me, like there's not enough time for me to ingest what I am just witnessing. A lot definitely happened this episode, from the Rangers meeting, Red straight up murdering someone, some other Rangers possibly working with Suzukiri, Hibiki's backstory, the fight with anxious Blue battalion ranger, Hibiki swap.

I was planning on starting the manga after the season is over, but well I guess now is a good time instead, due to the possibility of other episodes being rushed.
Apr 28, 4:48 AM

Jun 2014
Red Keeper really just murdered his subordinate like that and kept eating right after. Bro is insane.

As expected, D survived his fate from the previous episode. Hibiki tracked him down and it was kinda nice to see them bonding. He had a pretty messed up childhood, growing up with cult member parents that were basically brainwashing him. Good thing his sister had some sense. I'm also curious as to how he survived that encounter with the God-like figure.

Hibiki is real as fuck for going out of his way to cut his hand off and swapping places with D to help his (D's) plans. He had no reason to do that lol, but this adds some more intrigue to how things will play out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 28, 4:53 AM

Apr 2013
Unfortunately they cramped 7 chapters in this one episode, with some scenes completely being skipped or maybe getting adapted later on. I hope they will revert back to a more slower pacing since we are now starting with the plot as "Hibiki Sakurama".

some scenes from the manga the anime didnt tell
Apr 28, 5:07 AM
May 2021
Nice ep!! Honestly invested in what fighter D is gonna do!
Apr 28, 5:24 AM

Dec 2017
Wtf is this shit. They actually rushed through every damn thing that made the story good!! The end made no sense whatsoever with what they did to it.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Apr 28, 5:42 AM
Apr 2024
good but confusing hibik history
Apr 28, 5:44 AM
Mar 2021
Rushed all the actual content from the manga 😭 they could have made this a 2 parter atleast
Apr 28, 5:58 AM

Oct 2017
The JFC's are here, my girl Hisui is here. Love her. Btw allies of justice lmao. Casually kills their own comrade and proceeds to continue eating. Also Sakurama's a bit freaky.
Apr 28, 5:59 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I see, so Suzukiri is that high ranked among the yellow faction, Hibiki's too earnest for his own good and the divine artifact can have replicas. Slowly, some pieces are coming together and I can see a bit of reasoning behind Suzukiri's intentions to take down the Ranger force's corruption. I can't stay mad at Hibiki for cutting off his own hand but at the same time he has all the traits of someonw who'll probably sacrifice himself before dying.

This is getting interesting.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 28, 6:02 AM
May 2023
they were rushed in this episode, a lot of explanations were cut. but on the other hand, i really like the animation in this episode.
Apr 28, 6:02 AM

Oct 2017
Waver226 said:
Unfortunately they cramped 7 chapters in this one episode, with some scenes completely being skipped or maybe getting adapted later on. I hope they will revert back to a more slower pacing since we are now starting with the plot as "Hibiki Sakurama".

some scenes from the manga the anime didnt tell

karrotStick said:
Wtf is this shit. They actually rushed through every damn thing that made the story good!! The end made no sense whatsoever with what they did to it

NezuSwallowtail_ said:
they were rushed in this episode, a lot of explanations were cut. but on the other hand, i really like the animation in this episode

It's not uncommon for adaptations to rearrange parts from the manga. Just wait and be patient.
Apr 28, 6:56 AM
Jul 2023
God damn Akabane. I was already rooting for D, even though I know he's not exactly the good guy here, but after that I am even more

I don't really know if I get the swapping shenanigans at the end but I'm just gonna roll with it
Apr 28, 7:04 AM

Apr 2022
red on demon time, got extra sauce to go with his food and more homelander vibes. other then that episode was just okay, pretty slow week for anime already.
Apr 28, 7:06 AM
Apr 2024
pros:
hibiki appeared
hekiru suffered
ranger meetup

cons:
too rushed
hekiru appeared
not enough hibiki screentime
hibiki face not burnt enough
they forgot to animate my guys outro
Apr 28, 7:21 AM
Sep 2021
So fighter D has taken the place of Hibiki & this was planned by Hibiki himself. Things are getting interesting.
Apr 28, 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
I'm still confused with Hibiki and D, how did the beheading scene even work? The entirety of this fight left holes in my comprehension

Other than that, I like their dynamic
Apr 28, 7:31 AM
Mar 2019
That was a well-played ruse. Of course, it helps that the guy was just too gullible as well. D is very crafty. I like the mix of dark humor, and actual funny situations. Getting better, and better.
Apr 28, 7:41 AM
Oct 2023
this episode was weirdly directed but was cool
Apr 28, 7:47 AM
Jul 2021
Cool backstory for Sukurama. I honestly thought D died lol.
Apr 28, 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
Time to eat!

Indoctrination by religion is a frightening thing.

How long will it take for D to recover... If it all.
Apr 28, 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
The meeting of the Dragon Keepers and their aides, with Hibiki at Yellow Ranger's place...and the news about Red Ranger's Divine Artifact being solen by Fighter D, is news.

Losing such an important weapon is a serious offence, and Fighter D literally eavesdropping on their conversation thanks to Yumeko, nothing is ever certain for the so-called citizens of justice. Hibiki saving Fighter D after he descended from the Monster Army's HQ, even he too is surprised by his "show" of regeneration. As someone who always wanted to be a Ranger from young, he is constantly bamboozled by his immediate family that the Dragon Keepers are out for violence and not justice, and this unfortunately, is the result of being in a cult, until he saw the real deal of a god enough to be the person he is now.

And even now, Hibiki wants Fighter D for a favour, and saved him from being killed by Junior Third Rank Hekiru, whicb Shun is one rank higher. But even Divine Artifact replicas liie Blue Ranger's Blue Dragon Leviathian are treated like the real thing, which D cannot take this for granted. And Hekiru's true being to melt and pass the baton to Hibiki to eradicate Fighter D, it's actually D trying to make amends and steal yet another Divine Artifact.

Now, both Hibiki and Fighter D are truly fighting together, with a common goal to bring down the Ranger Force.
Apr 28, 8:57 AM

Dec 2021
I thought Hibiki was straightforward and normal, but no. He didn't hesitate to cut off his own arm to pursue his version of justice (still not sure what his motive is). Hibiki, meanwhile, has been promoted to the second-best character in the show. Much of the naive idealism he showed earlier was probably just a facade for the other rangers; he knows what's really going on inside.

Hibiki's backstory, though... While the Dragon Keepers may be flawed, Hibiki's backstory reveals that the Invaders didn't arrive on Earth to spread love and peace. I'd definitely prefer the Dragon Keepers, as unstable as some of them may be.

Apr 28, 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
So Red just crushed that guy and continued eating like it was nothing... Damn, what a crazy guy. And not much reaction from the others either.

The meeting was interesting, it was fun to see the relationship between the Dragon Keepers and the JFRs. That loli scolding Blue lol and of course more Suzukiri <3.

Isn't Hibiki's sister voiced by MAO? It sounded like her, I thought they were going to reveal that her sister was the Pink Keeper but then she got crushed. I still think it's too much of a coincidence... wait no, what the hell, she even has the same hair color, it can't be a coincidence.

Hey, it's that monster from the previous episode. What the fuck is this "God"?

Hibiki and D's banter was pretty funny but these people are crazy, he just cut his hand on the spot. I have to hand it to him though, he is committed to the cause.
Apr 28, 9:20 AM

Feb 2012
Self-amputation to help Fighter D...Hibiki is very easily radicalized. He gets that from his parents, it seems.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 28, 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
Episode really sealed the deal; this series is the underrated gem of the season.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 28, 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
Turns out God was a Super Sentai villain all along. Which religion got that one right?

When you're in a pinch, hit em with the D switcheroo. Legit awesome that Sakurama's on D's side tho
Apr 28, 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
Damn he pulled a SHANKS. good episode as always.
Apr 28, 10:26 AM

May 2021
damn, this slaps! satou really went for 4 10/10 eps, hidden gem of the season NO DOUBT! loved the twist ig?!?!? red is legit scary
the aura tho...
Apr 28, 10:46 AM
Jun 2021
red is scary, made suzu comply
Apr 28, 10:50 AM
Dec 2018
Huh. I thought he actually died, because they're "expendable fighters", and then Suzukiri was gonna use the other fighters to bring down the rangers, as the "actual protagonist", alongside Sakurama.

I guess he managed to survive as a protagonist.

Anyways, this episode was great, as usual.

Sakurama really just sliced his hand off to guilt trip D into working with him, huh?
Apr 28, 11:28 AM
May 2023
Can someone explain hibikis plan, and why he ended up with a burn on his face at the end?
Apr 28, 11:50 AM

Nov 2020
Ok, red is 100% Homelander, I just hope they don't humiliate him like Homelander in the third season of The Boys xD
-The ginger's parents are sectarians, at first I wondered why they spoke and behaved so strangely.
-I like more blood, the scene when the redhead's sister is crushed by the rubble was cool, I felt her pain xD
-Rudy "somehow survived" the encounter with this "god", I wonder how, it will probably turn out that he will have some powers from him.

Overall, the episode is weaker than the previous one but still cool, the biggest minus is that annoying guy with the fake artifact.
4/5
Apr 28, 12:10 PM
Sep 2023
JanWiller06 said:
Fighter D is very sneaking fellow, Hibiki took a big risk to help out D, I'm on D side.

I really hate my dirty mind😭
Apr 28, 12:11 PM
May 2021
Wow this is getting dark
The way red ranger killed his own teammate... Brutal!
Apr 28, 12:36 PM
Aug 2020
getting better and better

this is definitely a must watch for me!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 28, 12:52 PM
Feb 2021
Fun episode even if it cut the fight short compared to the manga
Apr 28, 1:27 PM
Feb 2022
Why did Hibiki cut his hand?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12

81 by hich4n_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

40 by Ranxomare »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sentai Daishikkaku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

88 by drpipu »»
9 hours ago

» i dont get how the rangers are sappoused to be the bad guys.

Eldencheese - Apr 14

18 by Raichi_ »»
11 hours ago

» List of chapters adapted

Fortress_Maximus - Apr 7

11 by Benedito29 »»
May 18, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.