Forum Settings
Forums

Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

New
Apr 25, 12:39 PM

Oct 2010
My enemies are:
- 2 Mushoku fans
- Yagami Light haters
- Anno Hideaki
- Moe blobs
- Araki Hirohiko
- Togashi Yoshihiro
- Nakayama Ryu
- MAPPA
- Frieren mages
- Rei fans
- Oda Eiichiro
- Vinland vikings
- Hot Vampire hunters

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 25, 12:41 PM

Jan 2024
I don't think I got any enemies.
Maybe the guys who can't tell reality from fiction apart and scream p*do every 5 seconds.
Wait I know.
Mecha haters are my biggest enemies.
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Feb 2020
"Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?"

I got no enemies.
Apr 25, 1:04 PM

Mar 2023
Those greedy souless corporations.
Apr 25, 1:11 PM

Oct 2017
Anyone who pushes "Anti-woke" beleifs in the fandom. Bigotry has no place in this world and it has gotten so bad in many media spaces that it pushes many people who would enjoy the media away due to just the sheer amount of hatred that is just normalized in these spaces
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 25, 1:21 PM

Sep 2016
My enemies are condescending Ecchi & Harem haters who ride the high horse and call others coomer.

But life would probably be boring without enemies.

ZarutakuApr 26, 8:24 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 25, 1:36 PM
Aug 2022
Just because you don't agree with someone else's beliefs doesn't make them a bigot. Everyone has a right to believe in what they want without being called names cause you disagree with that person. Everyone has a right to their own opinions. Simple as that!
Apr 25, 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Akenjah
Just because you don't agree with someone else's beliefs doesn't make them a bigot. Everyone has a right to believe in what they want without being called names cause you disagree with that person. Everyone has a right to their own opinions. Simple as that!
@Akenjah

when your opinion is actively hateful towards an entire group of people ,then it is a problem, and the person saying a hateful thing deserve to be ridiculed. When one is tolerant of intolerance, intolerance rises to become the norm. Hate has no place in this world
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 25, 1:44 PM

May 2018
Anyone who has waifu
Monogatari fans
Fate fans
KyoAni
Shinkai Makoto
Guys with Kanye West in their favorites
Boku no Pico haters
Dragevard
Nemo_NiemandApr 25, 1:51 PM

Apr 25, 1:45 PM

Sep 2018
Blackrock though I can't change the esg agenda.
Other big bads
Anti loli
Anti fanservice
Anyone thinking a good female character needs to act like a strong man.
rohan121Apr 26, 3:16 PM
Apr 25, 1:48 PM

Aug 2018
Uh, Kyoto Animation haters, I guess.
Apr 25, 2:04 PM
Oct 2019
Whoever at Kadokawa still hasn't decided to greenlight No Game No Life season 2 (but decides to continue producing generic seasonal isekai trash, and other shows that nobody asked for)
Apr 25, 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Ex-Aid
I don't think I got any enemies.
Maybe the guys who can't tell reality from fiction apart and scream p*do every 5 seconds.
Wait I know.
Mecha haters are my biggest enemies.
@Ex-Aid I had my own rant thing going, but this is better. I agree with both those statements. Mostly the first, but I also gotta stand with my mecha people.
Apr 25, 2:20 PM

Jul 2017
Snobs who refuse to get off their high horse, are extremely condescending, and love the smell of their own farts.

Prudes who want to get rid of all NSFW stuff and are waging war against all degens.

Apr 25, 2:28 PM

Dec 2015
For now I don't think there's anyone, there are a few who annoys me but that ain't enough for me to consider them as enemies.

There are some other irl people whom I might consider enemies but well these aren't related to anime x)
Apr 25, 2:55 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Akenjah

when your opinion is actively hateful towards an entire group of people ,then it is a problem, and the person saying a hateful thing deserve to be ridiculed. When one is tolerant of intolerance, intolerance rises to become the norm. Hate has no place in this world
@LSSJ_Gaming
Not tolerating anyone who doesn't share your worldview and trying to force your worldview on them while writing off any resulting criticism as hate is just another form of intolerance.

The world is not all black and white. We can disagree with someone else's beliefs without having to hate them. We can accept someone else's way of life without supporting them.

I agree that we should speak out against hate where it occurs, but don't confuse hate with criticism or protest. If you see anyone who isn't 100% on your side as hateful, you easily become hateful yourself.
Apr 25, 3:18 PM

May 2021
My enemies:
1. Brainless anime (JJK) fans who have lost the ability to differentiate between good and bad. Type of dumbass who would look at an unfinished JJK episode and say its "already perfect". Nah these people shouldn't be allowed to exist. Im not against people having an opinion, but its not an "opinion", when its factually wrong.

2. Type of fans who can't take a bit of criticism, even when the criticisms are very logical. They are like dogs who barks at anyone that talks a little bit of shit about their favorite anime.

Apr 25, 3:18 PM

Dec 2017
People who are aggresive towards me just for stating my opinion without offending anyone. Goes for all fanbases, not just anime fanbase.
私が見たのが、ブギーポップだったのかどうかは分からない。
Apr 25, 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Vaturna
@LSSJ_Gaming
Not tolerating anyone who doesn't share your worldview and trying to force your worldview on them while writing off any resulting criticism as hate is just another form of intolerance.

The world is not all black and white. We can disagree with someone else's beliefs without having to hate them. We can accept someone else's way of life without supporting them.

I agree that we should speak out against hate where it occurs, but don't confuse hate with criticism or protest. If you see anyone who isn't 100% on your side as hateful, you easily become hateful yourself.
@Vaturna

There is lots of hate in this fandom towards marginalized groups, and that should be stamped out. Hate is the norm here and that is NOT ok. A lot of people hide it behind a subtle veneer of deniability but it is still there. Stuff like i mentioned wit the "anti-woke" nonsense is a literally just a hate movement shielded under buzzwords that mask what it is
Apr 25, 4:55 PM

May 2021
•localizers who hate anime and fans
•Moral larpers

I suppose
Echidna best waifu :D
Apr 25, 5:39 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Vaturna

There is lots of hate in this fandom towards marginalized groups, and that should be stamped out. Hate is the norm here and that is NOT ok. A lot of people hide it behind a subtle veneer of deniability but it is still there. Stuff like i mentioned wit the "anti-woke" nonsense is a literally just a hate movement shielded under buzzwords that mask what it is
@LSSJ_Gaming Maybe it's because a lot of people in marginalized group are very vocal about their stance and opinion? The "hate" exists because they're shoving their view down everyone's throat. Not to mention they're quick to resort to blaming the other party, preferably by calling them bigots or inhumane; all this for not agreeing btw.

You can have whatever view you want but when you force it on everyone, don't expect them to like you.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 25, 6:38 PM

Dec 2021
- cat haters
- Mappa
- People who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality
- Greedy publishers
- Anyone 18+
- isekai fans
- Grifters, especially YouTube grifters
- Anyone who quotes or @'s me in this thread
Apr 25, 6:52 PM

Feb 2021
The woke sjws that are trying to sneak into production committees so they can censor anime from the source...
Apr 25, 7:00 PM

Apr 2024
Well, this thread looks like it'll get locked soon.

- People who join a fandom and start accusing everyone in said fandom of being bigoted for not agreeing with their external world views irrelevant to the fandom.
Apr 25, 7:17 PM

Aug 2013
Loli haters, extreme shippers & woke whiners.

FYI imo being against woke vocally nowadays isn't necessarily being passive aggresive nor spreading hate. It's just a firm statement that the previous extreme tolerance level has been reduced to a non tolerance level, because of all the changes the mayority never asked for, hence the rise of gatekeeping.
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.
Apr 25, 8:02 PM

Mar 2024
The people who underpay animators!
Apr 25, 10:21 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
2 mushoku fans vs 1 billion lions. who wins

exactly, 1 billion lions dont have infinite mana

Apr 26, 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
In the industry
- Takabayashi Tomo
- GEG
- Junji Nishimura

In the fanbase
- Fujoshis/Fudanshis
- Yuuram shippers
- Conrad haters
Apr 26, 3:25 AM

Mar 2013
The moral police who are against anything loli. Puritans should be sent to a gulag.

And for that matter, any leftist scum, no matter how mild, that sneaks its way into the anime world. I despise them all and don't care about finding any common ground. I know they think the same about the likes of me, so all it's all good.

The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.

Apr 26, 3:27 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Akenjah
@Akenjah not all opinions are equal especially if an opinion is harmful like saying "all fans that love this anime are stupid or potential criminals" that helps create social stigma via bad stereotypes
Apr 26, 3:45 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
Anyone who pushes "Anti-woke" beleifs in the fandom. Bigotry has no place in this world and it has gotten so bad in many media spaces that it pushes many people who would enjoy the media away due to just the sheer amount of hatred that is just normalized in these spaces
@LSSJ_Gaming Hea hear. Anime fandom should be a really tolerant space, what with interest in the cultural products of a very different society being fundamentally xenophilic. The fascists or near-fascists which have latched on to the medium are a huge pain.
Apr 26, 7:27 AM

Nov 2019
Catalano said:
Hot Vampire hunters

Of course, they must hunt you to protect people's swan necks

SgtBateManApr 26, 7:31 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 26, 7:39 AM

Nov 2019

After seeing some of the worst animes in the world. This one deserved hate:

Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.

I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 26, 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
-Anti-ecchi people: I'm specifically talking about the people who think it should be completely rid of or the people who whine about ecchi in clearly ecchi shows.
-Pro-censorship people: No person with a functioning brain should think censorship is ever good.
-Localizers/translators who add shit like Dragon Maid dub or memes into subtitles, good way to show you have the mentality of a 12 year old when you do this.
-Yaoi/Yuri spammers: Just because two characters of the same gender hang out or appear on screen together doesn't make them gay.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 26, 1:19 PM

Feb 2021
I would also add anti-lolicon people, nothing is worse than people complaining about one of the most established tropes in anime and manga, if you don't like it, don't watch anime in general...

And also those people that complain about Yaoi or Yuri, like yes those exist and they have existed for decades now, if you don't like don't watch it, but saying it's the "worst genre ever" is so dumb, real anime fans like or respect all genres of anime.
Apr 26, 1:31 PM

Mar 2016
What's with this edgy forum post?

Also Mappa.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Apr 26, 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Animeinsight101

After seeing some of the worst animes in the world. This one deserved hate:

Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.

@Horshu What the flippin' ever lovin' hell did Bofuri do to you, my guy??????
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Apr 26, 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
You're welcome to be a fan of whatever, but I don't like blind overhyping.
Apr 26, 1:45 PM

Aug 2016
I don't have enemies, just people I don't like: elitists, gatekeepers, jerks
Apr 26, 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to KittenCuddler
- cat haters
- Mappa
- People who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality
- Greedy publishers
- Anyone 18+
- isekai fans
- Grifters, especially YouTube grifters
- Anyone who quotes or @'s me in this thread
@KittenCuddler Hello. I am a proud cat hater. I run over cats with my car and I feel good about it. It has become a pain in the ass trying to find an anime without a single cat in it.
Apr 26, 2:00 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Gensouori
@Horshu What the flippin' ever lovin' hell did Bofuri do to you, my guy??????
@Gensouori It trash. I watch the worst animes in the world and that aniem deserves to be in rank 1 lowest animes for new gen, watched and sat there bored as a rock. No stoyline I can engage; with no interaction and character or world development. The theme of the anime is dull and repetitive and I wish it was never made.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Jul 2021
Lolicons/Loli defenders. (Fictional or not you're still atracted to little girls, the amount of pedos here is gross)

MAPPA

Anti-Woke reactionaries and grifters

Pretentious elitists who shit on literally everything to appear smarter

Shounen fanboys with no-attention span or media literacy who refuse to watch something because it's old. (Speaking as a Shounen fan)

Isekai LN adaptations with stupid long titles
AzafuseKingToraApr 26, 2:07 PM
Apr 26, 2:06 PM

Feb 2020
"I ain’t got no quarrel with them Vietcong toxic fanbases."
Apr 26, 2:58 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to AzafuseKingTora
Lolicons/Loli defenders. (Fictional or not you're still atracted to little girls, the amount of pedos here is gross)

MAPPA

Anti-Woke reactionaries and grifters

Pretentious elitists who shit on literally everything to appear smarter

Shounen fanboys with no-attention span or media literacy who refuse to watch something because it's old. (Speaking as a Shounen fan)

Isekai LN adaptations with stupid long titles
@AzafuseKingTora No offense, but I don't think anime is for you.

Apr 26, 2:58 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Animeinsight101
@Gensouori It trash. I watch the worst animes in the world and that aniem deserves to be in rank 1 lowest animes for new gen, watched and sat there bored as a rock. No stoyline I can engage; with no interaction and character or world development. The theme of the anime is dull and repetitive and I wish it was never made.
@Horshu It's just an innocent junk food show, but I can see your point.

Apr 26, 3:12 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Gensouori
@Horshu It's just an innocent junk food show, but I can see your point.
@Gensouori 💀 Fuck it, I hope it burns + the production studio, lol. All in all will watch season 2 as I am a completiomist but will be long with time, as I have to get my priroties straight.

Apr 26, 3:16 PM

Jun 2011
SJWs and tourists. Fuck the lot of em.
Apr 26, 3:33 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
@Vaturna

@LSSJ_Gaming
It isnt the fandom it is just what happened to nearly every space on the internet starting somewhere between 2012 and 2015. I cant even find many in the community giving a damn about LGBT or race or gender before then and people werent plastering their identity politics everywhere one way or another because the community just naturally attracted a certain type of people that were more open minded to everything. You cant fight identity politics with more identity politics. Also while some "anti-woke" is as you describe it's also people just sick of politicizing everything meant to be fun especially with a detachment from reality and people not minding their own business but just not really having another term for it at the moment. Those kind will criticize both sides as both obnoxious.
traedApr 26, 3:38 PM
Apr 26, 8:39 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Gensouori
@AzafuseKingTora No offense, but I don't think anime is for you.
@Gensouori Have you seen my list even?
Apr 26, 8:55 PM

Nov 2023
1. Anime committees.

2. People who hate Yakusoku no Neverland.

3 Shinji Aoba

4 Moe blobs

5 Overzealous JJK fans

6 Lolis defenders

5 Isekai with stupid long titles with overpowered protag

6 people who underpay animators and mangaka( its better then woke hollywood goddamnit)

7 The length of OP

8 generic Isikai and battle shonen worldbuilding/ writing

9 people who score everything a 10 or a 1
Ratris_DecisionApr 26, 9:08 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

15 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

80 by ScarRufus »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you ever got your anime/manga titles from recap videos on YouTube?

Kiryotsu - 3 hours ago

10 by Paul »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How you decide what anime to watch next

ST63LTH - 10 hours ago

18 by animegamer245 »»
6 minutes ago

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ? ( 1 2 )

tchitchouan - Yesterday

60 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.