Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2010 3:19 AM
Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So based on the scans of FMA Chapter 108. It seems that

What say you guys?
Jun 7, 2010 5:49 AM
Nov 2008
Try google. It helps
Jun 7, 2010 7:54 AM

Aug 2007
Jun 7, 2010 9:22 AM

May 2010
I thought it was ok. It was an ending. That's all. Hopely the anime will make it seem a little more awesome.
Jun 7, 2010 12:57 PM

May 2009
I'm near to cry. From happiness.

But - this is the end. End of FMA. And It won't be next chapter... eh ;(
Jun 7, 2010 1:34 PM

Nov 2009
I found the raws...

FIRST I WUZ LYK
:O

THEN I WUZ LYK
O_O

THEN I WUZ LYK
8D!

THEN I WUZ LYK
:')

AND THEN I WUZ LYK
... T_T

... Uhm. Yeah. *cough*

I can't wait for the full, cleaned, translated chapter. IS IT JUNE 11 YET?
heckacuteJun 7, 2010 1:39 PM
Jun 7, 2010 1:38 PM

Apr 2009
mm. I've only seen the spoilers. Seems to be a sunshine and rainbows ending.

Jun 7, 2010 6:13 PM
Nov 2008
Just to clear up the air
Jun 7, 2010 7:55 PM

Apr 2010
I cried.

The ending wasn't totally what I expected (or, in some aspects, what I really wanted) but it was beautiful regardless. I cried because it's the end - no more waiting for chapters, no more fun theories (that we'll be able to canonly confirm or trash, at least), and no more goofy interactions between the characters I've grown to love (outside of fanfiction).

I've followed this series since 2001... It's hard to see it go, but at the same time, I couldn't have asked for a better story to follow, and that makes me happy.

Jun 8, 2010 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
did mustang get his eyes back thats all i care about
Jun 9, 2010 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
I WANT IT IN ENGLISH NOW! (or spanish, maybe :P) I read it ):

ManipuladoraJun 9, 2010 7:32 PM

「何度も立ち向かい続けよう 大切なもの失いたくないから 信じたそのさきへと・・・」
Jun 9, 2010 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
So it's a happy ending? Got damn it. Well at least Arakawa finally referred to God in a positive way. 'nuff said.
Jun 10, 2010 12:32 AM
Jun 2010
Alexandra53225 said:
Psst.

In the last page
I see
... LOL XD Ahh Arakawa. You epic cow, you.

did roy and riza end up together?
Jun 10, 2010 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
otaku_geisha said:
did roy and riza end up together?

Juts read the spanish scanlations of the chapter. Liked it but...

And I'm confused about something. There's this
The episode will match the final chapter of the manga, which will be published in the July issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine on Friday

Is there going to be a chapter 109?
Jun 10, 2010 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
ngl, I cried.
Jun 10, 2010 1:53 AM

Apr 2009
kaara-san said:

And I'm confused about something. There's this
The episode will match the final chapter of the manga, which will be published in the July issue of Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine on Friday

Is there going to be a chapter 109?

Magazines (like cars) usually date their releases a period forward. So the July issue would come out during June, which it has.
Jun 10, 2010 1:54 AM

Jan 2010
I liked it but I'm kinda annoyed at how nearly everyone had their happy ending. Does anyone know if alkhestry still works?
Jun 10, 2010 2:29 AM
Jun 2009
e-unit said:
I liked it but I'm kinda annoyed at how nearly everyone had their happy ending. Does anyone know if alkhestry still works?

I think Ed sacrificed his ability to perform alchemy or something.
Jun 10, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2008
That was a very fitting end for FMA. It has been an incredible ride. I have my review up now. http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=26988

I don't think I have anything more to ask for a finale. Arakawa-sensei, I salute you and I look forward to your next work! :D
Jun 10, 2010 7:47 AM

Apr 2009
I feel like a part of my life is gone, now.
Jun 10, 2010 7:59 AM

Nov 2008
I saw a pic of it and I knew I need to spoil it! It's tempting!!

Okay, it shock me when EdWin got married(it's kinda frustrating at first since I'm not a fan of it) but it took me a while to relax and accept what Arakawa planned... in conclusion... I'm happy with the results. And they all lived happily ever after ='D

Now I can wait for the English scanlations to come out!!

As all finale, this one made me flashed a tiny smile... if only... I knew about FMA sooner coz it's too short for me..

Yet another great story and a great creator.... YOU"RE THE BEST ARAKAWA-SAMA!!!
Jun 10, 2010 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
I have just finished one of the most amazing Manga I've read. It didn't disappoint me but it surprises me that all the characters are that happy.
Now I can't wait to see how they show it in the Anime series.

*cries*
Jun 10, 2010 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
Crying of sadness :(
its on one manga now :(
Jun 10, 2010 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
Jun 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Jun 2010
All good things must come to an end as they say :(
But it was an amazing ending thats for sure. Glad everyone got their happy ending :)
Jun 10, 2010 11:12 AM

Feb 2010
The ending was just perfect. It cannot be expressed in words how perfect it is.
Jun 10, 2010 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
I'm Bawwing like a bitch.
Was a good ride
duwang
Jun 10, 2010 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
amazing ending for one of the best mangas ever made...thanks arakawa-sama

But i wanted to see more edxwinry ....ahh who cares they got married and have a child (and everyone else is also happy)
Jun 10, 2010 11:32 AM
Jun 2007
I know I might be the target of much hatred for posting this, but that ending wasn't as good as advertised - it was a tad underwhelming. It felt more like an epilogue, and less of a final chapter - 107 pretty much wrapped up the final struggle against Father. This chapter just tied up the loose ends and resolved the characters' respective sub-plots (most of what happened were what fans wanted to see) . Nonetheless, it was a great ride. This was one of the first manga I've read, and I've followed it for the past 4+ years. Certainly one of the best I've laid my eyes on. 9/10 overall.
avrcJun 10, 2010 11:44 AM
Jun 10, 2010 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
so in the ned ed defeats father, gives up his ability to perform alchemy to get al back, their father hoenheim dies in front of the grave of his wive, marcoh gives a philosopher stone to give mustang his eyesight back, grumman takes over as furher, and everyone else lives happily ever after as ed and al split up to find out more about alchemy. the end. also ed and winry have the weirdest proposal ever, lol "85%"
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 10, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2008
An epic end for an epic manga ;_;
Jun 10, 2010 11:39 AM

Sep 2007
.. so, I never post on the forums.

But, I am going to miss FMA so much.
I seriously cannot believe it's over.
I cried. :(
Jun 10, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2010
i atleast wanted to see ed and winry kiss once >.< but its still a great manga cant complain
Jun 10, 2010 11:40 AM

Jun 2007
So that's it. The end. Oh man, what a ride! I loved the ending; it tied up so nicely. I kinda like that Ed lost his alchemy -- it made sense, anyway. I like how they want to change the equivalent exchange too. :) I only wish there had been more on Roy and Riza; I felt like they were short changed a bit in the end, but maybe that's just because they're my favorite so I'm biased. It makes sense for Ed, Al, and Winry to be the spotlight in the last few pages.

Oh man. I'm sad to see it go, but I loved the ending. One of the best series ever.
Jun 10, 2010 11:41 AM
Mar 2009
first lost ended and now FMA?! i'm running out of things to obsess over!!
Jun 10, 2010 11:42 AM

May 2007
Avarice said:
I know I might be the target of much hatred for posting this, but that ending wasn't as good as advertised. It felt more like an epilogue, and less of a final chapter - 107 pretty much wrapped up the final struggle against Father. This chapter just tied up the loose ends and reached a resolved the characters' respective sub-plots (most of what happened were what fans wanted to see) . Nonetheless, it was a great ride. This was one of the first manga I've read, and I've followed it for the past 4+ years. Certainly one of the best I've laid my eyes on. 9/10 overall.

Pretty much agree with your sentiment. While this epilogue chapter was nice, it did feel a bit generic of an ending. Of course, I'm always one for happy endings, and this one definitely fit that bill, but I was hoping for a bit more surprises at the end than what we were presented with. I'm a little disappointed with how little there covering some of the other major characters (i.e., Roy, Riza, Izumi, etc.) but I guess it was okay. Again, everything seemed to turn out perfectly in the end, but after all of the shit the Elric brothers went through, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

9/10 final.
Jun 10, 2010 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome end, the manga will totally be missed. If this manga doesn't shoot up to be first, then the world will implode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2010 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
It's nice to see a long-running series have a solid conclusion like this. No questions left to answer. No huge plot holes left unfilled. It's over, it's done, it was great, it fulfilled all its promises. Nice and conclusive, just the way an ending should be.
Jun 10, 2010 11:55 AM
Mar 2009
This chapter was awesome.
I loved how Scar said "Why won't you Amestrians let me die?"
Kinda sucks how Ed can't use alchemy anymore.
I can't wait for Arakawa's next work!
Jun 10, 2010 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
I agree with Avarice and vindemon64. It did seem generic , anticlimactic and just tied up the loose ends. But the experience was really great. The ups and downs of the story really made this one of the best manga out there. A happy ending is what this manga needed.

Best part for me is when Ed was talking to Winry about equivalent exchange. That really hit me and it was pretty sweet. Ed is a giant now, look at the height difference when he hugged her xD.

But I'm getting confused with the details of this ending though. How did Ed punch a hole in Father's chest with just his fist? Was Father just absorbed by the Truth? How did Hohenheim die, did his stone run out? If Ed can return from beyond the white space or whatever it's called, why did Mustang say he couldn't do it? And where did the back door come from? Just clear this up for me and this will get a 10/10 for me.
Jun 10, 2010 12:00 PM

May 2010
xingfly said:
I cried.

The ending wasn't totally what I expected (or, in some aspects, what I really wanted) but it was beautiful regardless. I cried because it's the end - no more waiting for chapters, no more fun theories (that we'll be able to canonly confirm or trash, at least), and no more goofy interactions between the characters I've grown to love (outside of fanfiction).

I've followed this series since 2001... It's hard to see it go, but at the same time, I couldn't have asked for a better story to follow, and that makes me happy.

^This sort of summarises what I want to say and perhaps only adding the fact that Edward loses his alchemy skill sucks but the fact that Roy gets his eyes back is superb~
I thought that Roy will be the fuhrer and marry Riza though lol xD
“My abusive language is alchemized through 40kg of copper, 25kg of zinc, 15kg of nickel, 15kg of ice that keeps my cool, and 97kg of pure spite” - Senjougahara Hitagi

Games Room's badge
Jun 10, 2010 12:02 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, I can't believe it's really over.... I'm still crying a little, ngl.
But really, it was a fitting end to great series. That last two-page spread with all the photos was really ~emotional~. Even with the silliness of
Jun 10, 2010 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah~! Absolutely great end to a great series. Arakawa is a master at his best. 10/10

What's this?! Towards the end, in one of the photos... babies?! Two of them!!
Jun 10, 2010 12:19 PM
Apr 2009
Ed got soo tall!! yay for him.

I am really depressed now that my all time favorite manga is over >.<
I feel like my childhood has just ended -_-

but really sweet ending. I was expecting something more..morbid or at least more deaths or limbs missing, but I am glad it was a happy ending.
Jun 10, 2010 12:20 PM
Nov 2008
I'll try to answer your questions
belatkuro said:

But I'm getting confused with the details of this ending though.
How did Ed punch a hole in Father's chest with just his fist?
Was Father just absorbed by the Truth?
How did Hohenheim die, did his stone run out?
If Ed can return from beyond the white space or whatever it's called, why did Mustang say he couldn't do it?
And where did the back door come from?

1. Ed can punch a hole in Father's chest because his body has been pushed to the limit by the God that resides within him. With Greed rebelling against him, turning his legs in to charcoal, this takes up even more of whatever that is left of his Philosopher's Stone. This all took a toll on body, making it extremely fragile. Some suspension of belief is required here.

2. Father was sent back into the Gates of Truth. The Truth guy said that he will be in despair for eternity. Other than that, there is no further elaboration.

3. Hohenheim died because his stone ran out. He already offered it to Ed in order to get Alphonse back saying that it has power for one last human transmutation. Suffice to say that the Stone has nearly been depleted. Taking into consideration the time it took him to travel from Central back to Resembool, the Stone most likely would have been depleted shortly after he visits Trisha's grave.

4. Ed and Al's doors are connected together since they were both sucked into the Truth at the same time. It was stated in the earlier chapters that during the first trip to the Truth, they got a "bit" of each swapped between them, hence Ed being short. Ed can afford to sacrifice his Gate Of Truth for Al because as both of their Gates are connected, he can just exit from the Truth using Al's Gate. Mustang couldn't do that since if he sacrificed his gate for his eyes, he would be stuck in limbo forever without an exit.
Jun 10, 2010 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, so many years reading this...it's hard to believe it's actually over ;_;

With everything that had happened I was worried the ending wouldn't be very good...but it turned out just perfect. 10/10

Jun 10, 2010 12:22 PM

Nov 2009
nooooo! edward,why did you lost your alchemy... ;( . btw, great ending, finally i can see edward and alphonse in their real bodies *happy*
Jun 10, 2010 12:26 PM

Oct 2008
@tetradact , excellent explanation mate :)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.