Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 13, 10:00 AM

Dec 2021
From Fall 2020's Null & Peta to Eku Takeshima's PEAK yuri now—no, not yuri bait, but ACTUAL YURI.

First-year high school student Himari falls head over heels for her senpai Yori after hearing her band perform on the first day of school. Himari confesses her love to Yori, who surprises her by confessing back. However, as they navigate their feelings, they realize they interpret love differently. Yori, though mature in many ways, is still inexperienced in romance. Meanwhile, Himari's confession catches Yori off guard, and she seeks advice from her friends, who playfully suggest she might be in love. As Yori tries to reciprocate Himari's feelings, she discovers that what Himari truly loves is her music, not her. Despite this, Yori resolves to win Himari's heart. Will their love story blossom or remain unrequited?

A love confession in the first episode... Himari's confession, even though it was a misunderstanding, was good to know, but then we got Yori's genuine confession. It was a very cute moment, even though Himari didn't quite pick up on what happened. Instead of beating around the bush for 2000 billion years, Himari was straightforward. I really liked that. Another thing I appreciated was that we didn't just see what was going on with Himari, but also with Yori. When it comes to shows like these, you would expect them to only focus on Himari, but no, they're actually fleshing out both characters... IN THE FIRST EPISODE. Anyways, I'd say it's pretty clear by now that Himari does actually love her too, just that she herself doesn't really understand this yet. I can't help but smile like an idiot the whole time I'm watching this. Another cute yuri with dense MCs—I LOVE IT.

The OP sung by the main band, it's a banger man, nothing else to say about it.

PEAK YURI IS HERE. Sure, we get enough yuri bait, but we want that real yuri shit, and this show is perfect for that. BRING IT ON.

Apr 13, 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
After being delayed a season back due to the director's health, Eku Takeshima's Yuri series finally makes it onto the small screen. Think of it as a Yuri version of Given and Bocchi the Rock!'s derivative.

Also, Yokohama Animation Lab and Cloud Hearts (same company) premiering this and The New Gate at the same time, it's uncannily ironic.

New student Himari Kino's innocent confession and admiration of the school's Light Music Band SSGIRLS's leader of Yori Asanagi at the freshman orientation, Himari definitely looks up to Yori as someone she loves with all her heart...but the latter doesn't really reciprocate all that, much less her band mates all being shocked by her confession being a cute girl and all. A person who's always afraid of the spotlight, and to write a love song about it, this is her starting point.

Himari being clearly obsessed with Yori, and after some digging from her informative friend Miki learning of the latter, Yori plucked her courage to reciprocate her feelings...but Himari meant the love of the band and the voice she brings, which is Yori herself, mo All Himari ever wanted was to hear Yori sing, she is just merely a fan. And her band members all rally behind her as Yori realizes how cute Himari is and how she is able to bide her time, even if it's one more song.

This is clearly a romance show for the Yuri fans, and I know that fans have been eagerly awaiting the anime to come (me too), and this is a treat to behold.
KANLen09Apr 22, 7:18 PM
Apr 13, 10:00 AM

May 2020
I don’t know but I’ve seen plenty of similar looking characters like this black haired one who had the same prologue while introducing themselves, “i dOn’T kNoW WhAt lOvE iS, WhAt lifE iS, i’M dIsinTEReStEd iN rOmAnCe, and whatever whatever….”, but yeah, the one in this case, the senpai, could only stand affirm over her words for a mere 20 odd minutes of running time this episode had lol.

Truly hilarious. Now being the planet of energy this main girl is, the orange haired, you’d expect she will be upfront, but not to the point where she’d just go and say she has fallen in love at first sight to someone.. she has barely seen two times, has she? Lol, and yeah that’s all it took for the girl who was clueless about various things just five minutes ago to become normal.

I swear these shows, and the way they do things. Not even the first episode and those red markings around the face depicting blushes are literally a part of facial characteristics. Their love differs though, one is out of a sense of respect as a fan, and the other one.. already wants to take things straight to bed. Decent start nonetheless.
Apr 13, 10:01 AM

Feb 2020
Very nice OP.

Well, this is some real yuri. Definitely a strong start. I can't wait to see more! :3

Himari and Yori are so cute together. <3

SerafosApr 13, 1:11 PM
Apr 13, 10:06 AM
Apr 2017
WARNING!! : This anime is not recommended for people who have diabetes to watch

Hima is just so precious, cho kawaii, so adorable

and I'm very happy that they were able to make the anime match Takeshima Eku-Sensei's beautiful art style

Now Loading...
LS_11Apr 18, 9:30 AM
Apr 13, 10:17 AM

Jan 2018
Peak yuri is finally here. I've been waiting for Sasakoi anime for so long. It's gonna be a fun watch this season.
Apr 13, 11:02 AM

Aug 2017
Yuri time! I like our two main leads already, seeing Yori so flustered already was cute to see. Just please tell me there's no love triangle in this show..
Apr 13, 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
YURI TIME LET'S GOOOO
We've got a lot of anime with girls who do music this season.
Everyone mentioned this a million time already, but they totally look like Yui and Yukino with short hair.
2:37 Here she says 中1以来だ (chuu ichi irai da) - "since the first year of middle school" meaning that the last time they were in the same class was in the first grade of middle school, then they were separated, so the subs are wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I feel like Himari is in love too, but she just doesn't fully realise it yet.
Nice start. Didn't expect one of the MCs to be in love already.
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Mar 2021
This was amazing and a super cute start I have been looking forward to this show and the opening episode didn't disappoint.
Apr 13, 11:37 AM
Jun 2023
they're girls. they sing. they're gonna hold hands. 5/5
Apr 13, 11:43 AM

Nov 2023
Very good yuri show with good start. ^_^
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
Apr 13, 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Good start, looking forward to more.
Apr 13, 11:58 AM
Aug 2022
I gotta say seeing whisper adapted into an anime is super surreal, It feels like a dream seeing my second favourite manga adapted. Sad it's only getting 12 episodes but I mean hell I'm just overjoyed it even is getting an adaptation. (and I'd rather not have them rush this)

I made sure to fully read up to were the current translation for the manga is right now, (aka the end of volume 80). But dam seeing Hima and Yori's relationship back to square one like this. It feels like I'm dreaming or something. Especially considering how far developed their relationship together is by volume 8.

Seeing Aki, Kaori, Maari and Miki all animated and actually seeing the ssgirls perform and Yori sing is so awesome its like a dream come true for me.

Thought I'd put this part under spoilers but its not really a spoiler just a few name mentions of characters who haven't appeared yet

This episode adapted about 3 chapters of the first volume by the looks of things. So like roughly half of the first volume. if they decide to adapt 2 episodes per volume and there is 12 episodes that means we would end on the end of volume 6. Which is actually perfect. Although we wouldn't get to fully see the story behind Shiho and her band. But I don't want them to rush things.

I'm so hyped for more of whisper.
Phantom_373Apr 13, 12:14 PM
Apr 13, 12:02 PM

Jan 2023
Well, I thought this first episode was so incredibly cute.
The animation looked great, the VAs did a great job, the songs were good, and more than that the story was very interesting and amusing, with a little twist (this love was not one-sided in the way we expected at the beginning).
Very curious to see how it will all progress from there. I wonder how our two main girls will get closer, and if there are going to be some love triangle(s) with the best friend(s).

Very good start in any case :)
Apr 13, 12:03 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to redorzo
Yuri time! I like our two main leads already, seeing Yori so flustered already was cute to see. Just please tell me there's no love triangle in this show..
@redorzo if you want your answer about that here

Apr 13, 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
Finally, it was a manga that I had always loved, so I'm about to cry with the joy of finally being able to watch it.
Apr 13, 12:13 PM

Nov 2021
I read the manga in like 2021 after finishing Bloom into You and trying to fill that void it left me with. It's pretty amazing to see this get an anime adaptation. The first episode didn't really blow me away, but it was pretty good.
Apr 13, 12:19 PM

Oct 2019
The vibe remind me with Yagate Kimi ni Naru, probably because the couple has black and orange hair.
Apr 13, 12:24 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I was interested to see how they would handle the performances and singing. I was very happy to see that they included actual singing and animation during these. I was worried they would load it with stills or cut passed the performances and leave it as an implied event. They did a decent job with the material. The only thing I didn't like very much were some of the backgrounds. They often had a really washed-out filter and rushed look to them. To the point where it was distracting from the scene. I enjoyed the first episode, but I just don't trust the studio. Keeping my expectations low should help with the enjoyment. The more yuri the better, after all.
Apr 13, 12:41 PM
Feb 2021
i have been soo excited for this one the thing lacking in the manga is now here the music and its very beautiful too
Apr 13, 12:50 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to redorzo
@redorzo
Apr 13, 1:01 PM

Jan 2017
Damn this is progressing faster than I thought. Pretty cute episode.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 13, 1:07 PM
Apr 2023
THIS IS PEAK!! 🥶🥶🔥🔥
Apr 13, 1:15 PM
Lily Flower

Dec 2020
Reply to KingYoshi
I was interested to see how they would handle the performances and singing. I was very happy to see that they included actual singing and animation during these. I was worried they would load it with stills or cut passed the performances and leave it as an implied event. They did a decent job with the material. The only thing I didn't like very much were some of the backgrounds. They often had a really washed-out filter and rushed look to them. To the point where it was distracting from the scene. I enjoyed the first episode, but I just don't trust the studio. Keeping my expectations low should help with the enjoyment. The more yuri the better, after all.
@KingYoshi The characters in the background were definitely bad at times, but considering how scared I was of what Yokohama and Cloud Hearts would do (based on Yokohama's prior works), if we get the super cuteness & heartwarming scenes combined with the music stuff every week I think I can endure it. It's better than I expected.

Whisper deserves Kyoto but at least so far Whisper hasn't been butchered thankfully.

Apr 13, 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
YURI!
its been so long, i have been starving...
great start. i cant tell if mc's friend's sister expression was supposed to hint that she might like yori too or if she just wants to mischeavous (just like she didnt tell yori that she knew it was a fan confession) i hope there is no drama like that i just want a cute yuri love story.

talking about cute, the mc is so adorable:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 1:32 PM

Mar 2020
A solid premiere here, with a nice and cute yuri setup. The misunderstanding bit I wasn't too fond of, but at the same time, I didn't expect a genuine confession in Episode 1, so that's fine. Yuri with a music theme feels like a good combination, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Yori and Himari's relationship develops. The one concern I have would be the production and the studios behind this, both of which don't have the greatest track record. I thought this premiere looked good overall but the backgrounds were a bit lacking. Along with the staff change pretty recently and knowing that this already got delayed a season, I just hope the production issues don't rear their ugly heads here, because there could be something good brewing.
Apr 13, 1:49 PM
Jun 2021
Super cute show so far!

I absolutely love the character designs and art style, the animation was really nice too.

It can get a bit annoying when they just make a character completely clueless, but I can’t harp on it too much yet because it may not be as bad later on.

The main girls were cute together, and I’m excited to see how they’ll develop in the future.
Apr 13, 1:56 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Reply to CutieZia
@KingYoshi The characters in the background were definitely bad at times, but considering how scared I was of what Yokohama and Cloud Hearts would do (based on Yokohama's prior works), if we get the super cuteness & heartwarming scenes combined with the music stuff every week I think I can endure it. It's better than I expected.

Whisper deserves Kyoto but at least so far Whisper hasn't been butchered thankfully.
@CutieZia Indeed. The character chemistry seems to have transitioned well from the manga. It is probably too early to tell for sure, but that was a very promising start in that regard. The characters can definitely carry if the interactions remain solid. Plus, the characters themselves look so good in anime form. Can't wait for a couple of the others to be introduced later on :)
Apr 13, 2:00 PM

Jun 2023
YEAHHHH YURITASTIC
Apr 13, 2:18 PM

Oct 2018
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS OREGAYURI IS FINALLY HERE BABY
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 13, 2:19 PM
Lily Flower

Dec 2020
Reply to KingYoshi
@CutieZia Indeed. The character chemistry seems to have transitioned well from the manga. It is probably too early to tell for sure, but that was a very promising start in that regard. The characters can definitely carry if the interactions remain solid. Plus, the characters themselves look so good in anime form. Can't wait for a couple of the others to be introduced later on :)
@KingYoshi Yeah the characters were so cute and pretty and the scenes were really heartwarming, if it keeps up like this they'll definitely carry. I'm excited for more too.

Apr 13, 2:45 PM

Jul 2022
Good start, it gives me a good vibe and the protagonists have their charm. The OP is incredible. YURI!
Apr 13, 2:49 PM

Jul 2017
Animation was very hit-miss in the episode, and I'm not crazy about Himari to be honest since she just somehow annoyed me with her personality unintentionally and the cliches with her don't help. Yori was decent and the music was solid but this first episode didn't really grab me with its yuri couple here. Chemistry and characters felt bland but hopefully, that can improve with the next few episodes as Yori and Himari spend more time together and getting to know each other better in the process.
Apr 13, 2:55 PM

Feb 2017
It was ok, though I'm not really a fan of romance series where the characters fall in love instantly just because of simple reasons like they find the person cute or cool. It makes it seem like there won't be much substance to the characters or their dynamic. I want to like yuri series but a lot of the time the way the relationships are written are very boring to me.
Apr 13, 3:11 PM
Mar 2012
Reply to JKKH
It was ok, though I'm not really a fan of romance series where the characters fall in love instantly just because of simple reasons like they find the person cute or cool. It makes it seem like there won't be much substance to the characters or their dynamic. I want to like yuri series but a lot of the time the way the relationships are written are very boring to me.
@JKKH This is 90% of the reason people start relationships, because they're attractive and have cool personalities. Not to mention she's a musician. What other reasons do they need to fall in love?
Apr 13, 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to -Knox-
@JKKH This is 90% of the reason people start relationships, because they're attractive and have cool personalities. Not to mention she's a musician. What other reasons do they need to fall in love?
@-Knox- they hardly know anything about each other's personalities.
Apr 13, 3:22 PM

Feb 2019
Excellent first episode of Sasakoi. One of the most beloved ongoing yuri stories and from this episode alone I can see why. Himari is adorable and I can already imagine her relationship with Asanagi developing into something special.

I think the miscommunication gimmick with Asangai totally misreading Himari’s intentions was fun, just hope it doesn’t drag on too long and we get the two of them on the same page sooner rather than later. These opposites attract romances are always fun to see play out. On the surface, the two girls couldn’t be further apart but I’m sure there’ll be a lot of similarities as we go further in.

Music performance scenes looked good, character designs look good and the girls are both so cute, nothing really negative to say. It’s a solid premiere. It’s a bit early to make any serious judgement on the show so far, but it has serious potential. Looking forward to seeing the cast fleshed out.
Marinate1016Apr 13, 6:50 PM
Apr 13, 3:34 PM

Apr 2021
Honestly, it felt kinda cheap and unlikely to have her confession misunderstood like this. But for me personally it was more because of the german sub, there they specifically said "I fell in love with you at first sight" instead of "it made me fall in love at first sight".

I really hope this won't drag on over the entire season.

JKKH said:
they hardly know anything about each other's personalities
Yeah, it feels more like a crush than anything. But I heard a confession in japanese culture happens often this early. I also had to adapt to this difference because it's a little hard to believe.
Apr 13, 3:54 PM
Feb 2024
i liked the adaptation they did very well
Apr 13, 4:44 PM

Feb 2020
WOOOO LESBIANSSS 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I've read the manga a little and I can't wait to see more of it in anime form! This is one of the most well done Yuri out there rn, and I loved bloom into you, so I'm sure I will enjoy this just as much. Can't wait to see what this has to offer!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 4:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad I got a nice yuri show to end my Saturdays this great spring season, this was a great start. First off, I really like the music theming, I make lots of music references in my MAL posts (mainly Grateful Dead) so this just gives me more of a reason to do that lol, but that’s not all of course, I also just like music anime so hopefully we get to see Yori and SSGirls play some killer jams to go with the yuri, only thing that would make it better is if they were a jam band but then you’re looking at a full episode of just one song lol.

And I really like our two main girls Yori and Kino so far, love both of their designs and personalities, it seems like an opposites attract situation which I’m a fan of. And just like Yori I also thought Kino was actually confessing there but that would be incredibly bold now that I think about it lol, that would also be very fast pacing on the romance, but they’re already having sweet moments together from the end of the episode so I’m looking forward to seeing them grow closer. And based on the OP visuals it looks like this might not be all the yuri we get in this show, and speaking of the OP it was very good with a song by the SSGirls themselves, liked it a lot.

Also nice to see people mentioning Bloom Into You in this thread, that’s a favorite show of mine from good ol Fall 2018, I gotta revisit that one big time, Kino’s design does remind me a bit of Yuu so I also got reminded of it.
TheColonel76Apr 20, 12:50 PM
Apr 13, 5:04 PM

Nov 2023
I like it a lot so far. It's very cute.
Apr 13, 5:39 PM

Sep 2021
That was so sweet! Just like how Cherry Magic was ruined by a lack of effort, Sasakoi is carried by it. There's so much love going into those effects, the expressions and the background music.

Besides, I really like Yori already. It's nice to have some insecure characters who don't look the part!

Now let's see if there will be a solid plot to support the production. But the first episode was a good foundation to build on.
Apr 13, 5:43 PM

Jan 2016
Was not sure about watching. The image, synopsis, et cetera was making me feel off, but ended up really enjoying this. Love the romance. They are absolutely in love with each other, but the little one is a bloody troll for that "we fell in love at first sight to music" or whatever LOL.

When the friend gave all those details to include blood type LOL

5/5 and looking forward to more of this romance, got my feels. Way better than was fearing from synopsis.

Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Jun 2019
Oooh. We're starting with a confession. I like this show now.
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Sep 2023
Damn that was fast, no buildup at all! But of course it was a bait, Himari is just a big fan of Yuori...

This looks like a pretty sweet Yuri romance, ofc I'm here for it!
Apr 13, 6:17 PM

Mar 2024
The episode sets up chapter 1 very well. Additionally the music is awesome and while the art is not my favorite thing, it doesn't distract or make the anime worse. Overall a very good way of introducing the main characters. My only complaint is the whole "I've never experienced real love before" shtick. Very cliche and kind of weird how Himari immediately breaks that cliche but I'm fine with it overall it's cool.
owner of 5 million comedically small 1$ pianos
Apr 13, 7:21 PM
Sep 2021
WE ARE SO BACK! 🔥
Apr 13, 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
this season legit soo good for gay cute shit god damn i'm in
Apr 13, 9:12 PM

Apr 2015
This is one of the shows I was most looking forward to watching this season, and it's my first time watching a GL. The first episode is decent. Saw the misunderstanding coming from a mile away but well, at least it didn't go on for too long. I'm not a fan of love-at-first sight romance but this was pretty cute so I'll definitely give it a chance. Yori's flustered face is adorable. Only thing is Himari's voice kind of annoys me but hopefully/maybe I'll get used to it...

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

62 by Zyris »»
Today, 2:39 AM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

14 by Jcmixer27 »»
Yesterday, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

64 by cooldogmom »»
May 5, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

87 by cooldogmom »»
May 5, 10:00 AM

» Opening, Ending and special MV "Humming Love"

ARK-13 - Apr 13

3 by ARK-13 »»
May 4, 10:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.