Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
My boy Gobrou is growing up so fast... Though it's pretty normal for goblins, I guess, lol.

Now, as an upgraded Goblin, Gobrou, evolved from a Goblin to a Hobgoblin. As he began training other Goblins of his generation, the older generation of Goblins, who had been working outside, returned to the cave. They had captured a human woman for breeding purposes, which Gobrou found unacceptable. He asked to be entrusted with the handling of humans himself, but being told this by a newborn Goblin was infuriating for the older generation. Thus, the duel between the older generation and the new generation began.

The first group of women poisoned themselves to escape being r-worded... the second group was going to face the same fate until Gobrou stepped in. Goblin Slayer was right. It's funny how he used his skills to become Head Gobo. Saving those women is teaching him about humans. Now he's going to make the goblins behave, even if he has to force them.

Just another day for the boy Gobrou... Soon enough, he'll be the leader of these goblins.
IzanaSolosApr 8, 6:26 PM

Apr 8, 9:00 AM

Jan 2008
Gobrou establishing his dominance and his harem.
Apr 8, 9:10 AM

Mar 2021
Aight!! I just cant ignore the fact that they are speed running over here!!

For example, at the beginning of this episode, Goburou intentionally gives the human hostages the poison, as he goes to talk with them the previous night (on wether they find any meaning in their life due to their current situation of being Goblin stress reliever and breeding tool. Or they wanna end it). I feel that part was very crucial, as it fleshes out Goburou's personality on why he cared about the lives of the Human hostages that were introduced later in the episode.

They even causually threw in Gobue, like she was introduced and we were supposed to know her. (She's the 4th most powerful goblin after rou, kichi and mi)

too many details skipped apart from these 2 examples up here, which I feel disappointed about... But I still find this enjoyable to some extent.
V1P3R0PApr 8, 9:23 AM
Apr 8, 9:10 AM

Dec 2022
man its an addicting show if you are like me that is
also i knew that the humans would like him but how would they feel now that he is a ogre
i was about to scream because they didnt show the aftermath of the battle but they did show it after the ed so its all good

anyway he is getting stronger his clan is also getting bigger after taking in the expedition squad
Apr 8, 9:20 AM
Nov 2021
I am surpised in a good way, this series reminds me of that time I got reincarnated as a slime, that is a good thing since I absolutly love that slime anime. It seemingly is build similar. He gets isekai'd and then steadily defeats enemys and gets stronger with that, he has his own followers and is making himself and his followers abnormally strong.
Apr 8, 10:08 AM
Dec 2020
perfect pace episode. no extra time waste. This is gonna be awesome like slime
Apr 8, 10:11 AM
Mar 2019
I appreciate the lack of bad 3D, which has become prominent lately.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Apr 8, 10:17 AM
Sep 2021
I love the fast pace since i know we're gonna see more of him evolving🤩
Apr 8, 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
I never thought the day would come where I would be the manga snob, but...It seems like, so far, I dig the manga more. So much is being sped over and more aggressive scenes cut out. Could it be because the anime is adapted from the LN instead? I know it's only been two episodes so I still have high hopes for it.
Apr 8, 11:10 AM

Apr 2022
I expected him to look more human with the next evolution, but I suppose he won't blend in with the humans anytime soon. I think that's for the better, actually.
Apr 8, 11:16 AM

Apr 2023
Where are the Crunchyroll leakers when you need them, could do with a whole season rn😭

Apr 8, 11:46 AM
Jan 2017
The episode is better than the first I give it that.
Apr 8, 12:12 PM

Oct 2017
ngl this show is the best of the season Rou is simply an incredible mc, he subverted expectations and saved those human ladies
Apr 8, 12:17 PM
Apr 2021
why can't I watch this!!! it says coming soon but it's said that all day and same with a few others
Apr 8, 12:19 PM
Mar 2019
I didn't expect to enjoy this anime so much as it looked like it was going to be too violent for my liking (I avoided Goblin Slayer like a plague after seeing the first few minutes 😣). If the above comments are anything to go by, it's a good thing that they are sidestepping the more violent scenes.

My only question right now is : Will they live until the ripe old age of 25 or does the evolutionary process result in a longer lifespan 🤔
Apr 8, 12:27 PM
Jan 2024
guys should I watch this or not?
Apr 8, 1:32 PM
Jan 2021
A little worried on how censored it seems to be, It's a brutal Manga, and the Anime is skipping over or not showing the full intensity it deserves.
Apr 8, 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
Its all ogre now.

Power scaling seems to be quite exponential if this keeps up; which I'm all for if it continues to pack out like it has so far.
Apr 8, 2:07 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to V1P3R0P
Aight!! I just cant ignore the fact that they are speed running over here!!

For example, at the beginning of this episode, Goburou intentionally gives the human hostages the poison, as he goes to talk with them the previous night (on wether they find any meaning in their life due to their current situation of being Goblin stress reliever and breeding tool. Or they wanna end it). I feel that part was very crucial, as it fleshes out Goburou's personality on why he cared about the lives of the Human hostages that were introduced later in the episode.

They even causually threw in Gobue, like she was introduced and we were supposed to know her. (She's the 4th most powerful goblin after rou, kichi and mi)

too many details skipped apart from these 2 examples up here, which I feel disappointed about... But I still find this enjoyable to some extent.
@V1P3R0P It does feel like they're trying to keep only the essential parts in, which is often how it goes with light novel adaptations (though this also has a manga). Jumping from 17 to 26 day wise is jumping at least 3 chapters, I think. And Gobue getting shafted is sad, because even just skimming over to refresh myself, she was acknowledged by Gobrou and incorporated into the core group, here she's still apparently training, but also is included in the group shots with Gobkichi and Gobmi
Apr 8, 2:08 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Limi
Its all ogre now.

Power scaling seems to be quite exponential if this keeps up; which I'm all for if it continues to pack out like it has so far.
@Limi At the rate they're going, we probably might see the next level from Ogre in a few episodes and then the one that's more recent (though I'm a volume or 2 behind myself in the manga)
Apr 8, 2:21 PM

Apr 2018
Total goblin death. What a vile race.
Apr 8, 2:31 PM
Nov 2021
We begin with the summary of events and omission of important data that will have their weight in the future, but that will seem like Deuz Ex Machina in the anime due to said summary...
Apr 8, 2:34 PM
Nov 2021
Reply to Kazuma_satou64
perfect pace episode. no extra time waste. This is gonna be awesome like slime
@Kazuma_satou64 Nop... Was a sad summary 😔
Apr 8, 2:48 PM
Nov 2022
a good start for the story
Apr 8, 3:03 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to Mihaeroff
Total goblin death. What a vile race.
@Mihaeroff Oddly enough, that's only the case for the past few decades. For centuries, goblins used to be little pranksters occasionally helping with housework. Save for one or two species kidnapping children and attacking passerbys by throwing stones at them, they were closer to zashiki-warashi in nature. It's a bit sad to see what the gaming culture has done to ancient folklore 😞
Apr 8, 3:23 PM

Nov 2012
I guess he regens. He was unconcerned about his arm?

Goblin to hobgoblin to ogre with 2 females. Not bad for a 31 day old.
Apr 8, 3:36 PM

Jan 2017
Regarding the episode's pace, I'm not sure what to think. On one hand, it felt way too fast and felt like skipped some important parts, but on the other, the amount of happenings in a single episode made it hype and exciting to watch. I would've preferred if he went full goblin mode instead of protecting the humans, but I guess I shouldn't have expected edge of that magnitude.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 8, 3:59 PM
Jul 2021
The story is getting more interesting with good battle scene, it looks like Gobrou has entered his final form, hmm in the future it will be even more interesting, maybe 😁
Apr 8, 4:04 PM

Apr 2012
Disappointing how many people in here actually liked episode 2. Modern anime-fans are really just Naruto-One Piece-Demon Slayer-Jujutsu Kaisen-normies who enjoy the most vanilla shit.

To all of you: NEVER read the BERSERK-manga. It would traumatize you forever.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 8, 4:25 PM
Aug 2020
This was even better than ep 1.

I’m really enjoying this anime.

The animation is far from bad
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 8, 4:40 PM

May 2015
Lol this is so bad/dumb but I can't stop watching it
Apr 8, 4:43 PM
Oct 2022
Gobrou is the best, he established the most effective trainings for normal goblins. However, I loved the fight between Gobrou and Red Bear, it was insane how Gobrou managed to win.

I felt sorry for those human women, because they were kidnapped by goblins, but Gobrou took care of them. It is great how Gobrou gains so much abilities by hunting in such a short time:)

I liked the episode 2, I hope this anime will never lose his charm, I like the story and character development. The opening and ending themes are enjoyable.

Gobrou is a dominator among the rest of the goblins. He is growing quick in skills.
Apr 8, 5:10 PM

May 2019
I thought this was an improvement over the 1st episode but it still feels like its speed running as Gobrou evolved yet again into an ogre which makes him look less human-like unlike his last form.

Also, the fight with the red bear was great and it showed that Gobrou isn't completely overpowered (I know he still is though) by losing an arm which I'm assuming will grow/regenerate back.
Apr 8, 6:02 PM

May 2023
Goblin Slayer was not happy seeing this Goblins type 😂😂😂😂😂
Apr 8, 7:37 PM
Mar 2022
hope it doesn't goes like the manga cause it's going pretty well for now
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
Oct 2018
Protagonist CHAD 5/5
Apr 8, 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
he faced off against a higher class monster and actually defeated it - at the expense of his left arm - and he was greatly rewarded by evolving him to a higher class status. will he grow back his left arm? didn't he have that healing ability now? i think it's one of the abilities he gained after feasting on that scaled horse, right?
Apr 8, 8:08 PM
Dec 2020
Long time im whaching anime isekai never very excitedexitied good goburou
Apr 8, 8:11 PM

Apr 2009
One thing that was bothering was how they got more handsome as they evolved, seemed like a bit of a cheat on getting reincarnated as one of these creatures, but now he's a giant horned orge so... fair enough. Curious to see how that plays with the redhead human with Stockholm Syndrome.

And Rou may be a human in a goblin body, but he still established dominance by typing up the other hobgoblins and beating their ringleader to death. So I appreciate that it's no tall just kumbaya and hugs in this little goblin clan.

I've enjoyed the the show quite a bit, like the characters, action is solid. Curious to see where it goes from here.
Apr 8, 8:51 PM
May 2021
The studio is dropping a lot of information that is important for context. I am going to drop this.
Apr 8, 9:13 PM

May 2015
Gobrou gave that raiding party two good reasons on why they shouldn't be creeps. Goblins will be better off because of it.
Apr 8, 9:19 PM
Aug 2020
well i like the settings so I'm going to continue watching it
Apr 8, 9:40 PM
Sep 2023
yummy this epsidoe was yummy
Apr 8, 11:02 PM
Nov 2022
Contains spoilers!
This episode really discouraged me. Firstly, the trapped girls don't die out of nowhere; Goburou gives a bottle of poison and says: the decision of how you will face your salvation and yourselves. Finally, they kill themselves with the poison. The fight with the bear is insane, that strong exchange of strength and strategy. The mangaka must be sad about what he's seeing. A story with a Seinen++ rating; becoming an assignment for 14 years. The dialogues seem empty.
Apr 8, 11:24 PM
Mar 2024
We get to meet most of the harem this ep. Goboru is a badass. He asserts his dominance when necessary, but is still kind to his people most of the time.
Apr 9, 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
Well it seems that Gobrou has quickly leveled up yet again, in more than one way.

Firstly, I was shocked to understand that in goblin territory, it’s the strongest who decides the rules. Secondly, that Hobken guy is the worst. I’m glad that Gobrou took care of him real quick.

Now that battle with the Crimson Red Bear… It didn’t go as I expected. It was the first time we got Gorbou legitimately struggling against an opponent and it was close, but he came out on top and evolved into an ogre. How much evolution is possible?

Gobmi chewing him out is fair given that he was gone for a couple of days, so yeah.

What’s gonna happen next?
Apr 9, 2:06 AM
Jan 2019
His skill has a chance to learn the creature's powers, but it basically doesn't matter because apparently he can eat a creature in many small bites and it applies that chance to every bite separately.
He's not regenerating?

CS 2 cheaters have less hacks than isekai MCs
JabokaApr 9, 2:10 AM
Apr 9, 5:51 AM
Apr 2021
Ok I’m fucking surprised at the good ass animation we got with Gobrou vs the Red Bear I mean I had low expectations for the animation bc it’s Studio Deen animating this and we all know how badly they butchered SDS S3 and S4 yet they’re knocking it out of the ball park with the art quality and the animation I’m actually genuinely impressed bc Studio Deen is one of the studios I don’t put high hopes into so good on them😃👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽🔥

I’m happy Gobrou beat the ever living fuck out of those 5 goblins that wanted to raped those 5 women out that was so satisfying to see I loved every bit of it and every hit that he landed on them to the point where they were on the brink of death, thankfully the leader of that group died🥰

Gobrou already got the human redhead on his dick same with Gobmi hahahaha it should be interesting to see if he makes love with the Red head girl and gives birth to goblins babies or some shit bc that’s the only other way I see them making new goblins without raping them btw poor girls at the beginning they died after living a horrible life of being breeding cows😢☹️

I liked the way he looked before he evolved into an Orge bc he had more of a human like appearance but hey it’s not that bad so I won’t mind it for now I’ll get used to it as the episodes go by👍🏽

I forgot how good this story was I forgot everything from the manga since I read it back in 2019 but so far this shit is great I’m definitely staying with it, can’t wait for episode🤩
Apr 9, 6:12 AM
Mar 2012
oof generational conflict. interesting new cast.
Red warrior cute like Chise. Tricorn horse nice design.
Wow that fire bear vs Gobrou was epic metal. wut even 2d bear!? goldenkamuy in shambles.
mc's ogre form looks real cool. Surprise the levelup doesn't regen his arm like other isekais.
Apr 9, 7:00 AM
Feb 2024
The main character had a fast development, looks like he will become some kind of slayer of other races. But he definitely like human womans but not clear if he will become a pervert haha.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 29

42 by Ahkrin »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 22

53 by Koumazoku »»
Apr 29, 6:54 PM

» Almost dropped this (episode 2 spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

137 by Alinee »»
Apr 29, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

152 by S2P_cinephile »»
Apr 24, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 1

125 by Wijayakusuma »»
Apr 23, 11:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.