Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 30, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2010
Xelythia said:
Glad they both ended up happy. Also glad it ended with Mitsuki x Takayuki... A bit more of a resolution, like, maybe a kiss or a scene when they are married 5 years later would have made it more complete.

Completely agreed. I felt sad but I didn't cry like some people here. I didn't felt it was complete at all. The last scene where Haruka stands at the tree and looks to the forest, it ended there. We all know who she was looking at (3 of the friends) but it be nice if the anime actually show all 4 of them together.

I find Haruka and Tayayuki's character development ridiculous. They suck so much at explaining themselves, even in the end the only explanation and apologize they came up with is "I love you". Sorry but I was expecting Tayayuki to knee down and feel really bad for himself. This is probably the first anime I did not favor one of the girls. The anime stack the drama too high with little scenes of resolution.

The sex scenes didn't serve as good fan service, it made the anime worse

diedrupo said:
Zafirlukast said:
KimiNozo had the potential to be so much more than it was. It's refreshing to finally watch a series that doesn't have to rely on cheap melodrama to evoke an emotional response in its viewers. The emotions depicted were genuine and the series was painful to watch at times because of how realistically it portrayed the characters' thoughts and actions. The series would have had a devastating impact on me if the characters did not become mere plot devices whose sole purpose was to advance the plot. It seemed like they only existed out of necessity - they had to be present for there to actually be a story. It's a shame, because had the writers taken the time to develop them better and allowed the audience to become emotionally attached to the cast, KimiNozo could have been one of the best series in its genre. Extensive character development is necessary for a tragic drama like this to be effective. Because KimiNozo fails to accomplish this task, I simply cannot give it a rating higher than 5/10.

However, I must admit that the series finale ALMOST made me change my opinion about the series because of how well executed it was.

Quite frankly your opinion is appalling and it is downright ridiculous that you think there are better anime that delivered drama. Name a single one. The only one I can think of that even comes close to matching Kiminozo is Anohana.

Oh man I can name many since you mentioned Anohana. Drama you say? you must be a new watcher to drama. You ever heard of Angel Beats, Clannad, Kimi no Iru Machi, Steins;Gate, Zetsuen no Tempest, I can't stop listing them xD
diamondketoNov 30, 2013 11:17 AM
Dec 31, 2013 8:17 PM

Jun 2009
I'm glad Mitsuki didn't go out with him. He was just trying to use her and the cycle would have repeated.
That was an extremely beautiful ending. I'll watch the OVA and sequel.
Jan 3, 2014 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
I'm quite disappointed in this anime. After the first few episodes I expected a really good, mature romantic drama, but Tayayuki's character ruined it for me. I can't emphasise how dumb he was during the whole show. I mean, don't real couples actually TALK about their problems/feelings/etc? As far as I know they do. And the apology at the end was completely lacking. If Tayayuki's character would have been half decently written then the show would have ended after half as many episodes.

Despite these the last episode was a good, just a bit bittersweet ending, the part with the book was a really nice touch.

All in all the anime deserves a 6/10 at most, sadly.
Jan 12, 2014 6:02 AM
May 2013
Of course it had to be Mktsuki ... she is weaker than Haruka . I hope that Murakami is better than Narumi .
Although the start was disappointing I enjoyed it .

I wanted to check who is more popular on MAL Haruka or Hayase... the result ?... equality 144 favorites XD
Feb 17, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2008
I rewatched this series and it doesn't lost it's touch. It was a depressing trip like always.
Feb 20, 2014 6:32 PM
Jan 2014
Morph_hu said:
I'm quite disappointed in this anime. After the first few episodes I expected a really good, mature romantic drama, but Tayayuki's character ruined it for me. I can't emphasise how dumb he was during the whole show. I mean, don't real couples actually TALK about their problems/feelings/etc? As far as I know they do. And the apology at the end was completely lacking. If Tayayuki's character would have been half decently written then the show would have ended after half as many episodes.

Despite these the last episode was a good, just a bit bittersweet ending, the part with the book was a really nice touch.

All in all the anime deserves a 6/10 at most, sadly.

I guess they weren't a real couple yet considering Mitsuki was just a replacement in the beginning.

All in all Takayuki is a genuine retard that didn't really deserve anyone in the end, but whatever.
Mar 5, 2014 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
did i miss out any parts? the last episode ending was mitsuki hugging takayuki? thats all? wow its sorta blunt after all she has been through? isnt there a kiss or somthing?
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Apr 9, 2014 9:38 PM

Apr 2012
Bittersweet ending, very nicely designed.

In the end it takes a truly strong individual to solve the conflicts and encourage everyone to move on.

Thoughts on this anime:
Art - 5/10, after considering that it's made in 2001.
Characters - very hard to define
Story - can be slow/filler-ish at times, but the main plot is nicely planned.
8/10

Aries said:
did i miss out any parts? the last episode ending was mitsuki hugging takayuki? thats all? wow its sorta blunt after all she has been through? isnt there a kiss or somthing?
did you pay attention while watching the show? Even a person like me who likes to skim around the non-drama intensive parts can clearly see the ending.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 18, 2014 12:49 AM

Apr 2014
Lets be honest, Mitsuki didn't deserve the ending, I am glad Haruka got her happy ending, she didn't deserve that tragedy but it was fate. Mitsuki on the other hand was a slut, stop him from going on the date (she knew he was running late) which led to the accident because it was her bday? Real? Also, lets get close to the guy.. give up my dreams and then take your best friends man... after realizing he was depress for a whole year.. and obviously still in love with Haruka... WELP LETS FUK his best friend...

Oh plz im not a haruka fan but mitsuki was truly the villain
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
May 15, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2013
I thought that this was a pretty good show overall. I really liked the drama and emotions conveyed by all the characters and how realistically things played out. I liked both the characters of Haruka and Mitsuki and was shipping toward Mitsuki x Takayuki so I'm relatively happy with how things played out although I wish that things were made clearer or they showed a bit more in the epilogue sequences.

However, I really disliked/hated Takayuki basically throughout this whole show. He was just the definition of a douchebag and was the cause of everyone's pain and suffering. And he didn't do anything to redeem himself in the end other then say "I love you" to the girl who sacrificed her entire life for him. Honestly, he shouldn't be allowed to reproduce!! Other than that, it was a very well done show and a great watch for anyone who is a fan of dramatic seinen romances. 6/10.
May 19, 2014 6:18 AM

Nov 2012
Nice rom-drama I must say, even art was decent as for 2001
8/10~~
KrunchyMay 19, 2014 7:28 AM
Jun 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
I'm glad he finally grew a pair... Not enough to do the right thing though. He should have just taken the job (which he did anyway) and quietly left to start over. Screw Mitsuki the sloot, Haruka the victim, Shinji the hypocrite, and everyone inbetween. All they ever did was wipe the floor with Narumi, use him, and then blame everything on him.
Jul 14, 2014 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
You know, this wasn't a bad ending at all, it was actually really sweet. I love how Haruka became a picture book author ^__^ I wish she would have gotten together with Takayuki instead of that ****** Mitsuki, but everyone is happy so I can't complain too much.
Good anime, huge feels trip.
7/10
Jul 23, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2012
That was actually a more satisfying ending than I was expecting. Thank god he didn't end up with Haruka tbh.
Aug 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
I know there's a lot of anger and vitriol pointed at this series, but I actually enjoyed it all the way through (including the ending). One thing many previous posters have missed is this is based on a visual novel. While I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for poor writing, you have to keep in mind that the target audience for this was first and foremost the fans of the original VN before anything else. It was supposed to show all of their favorite characters from the game in anime form. I think in that regard it probably succeeded quite well.

Part of the problem with this is that significant screen time is given to building the main character's relationships with the various girls that can be chosen in the VN. Since everyone has a different "best girl," they're going to try to appeal to as many people as possible by putting in scenes of the main character getting along well with all of them. That leads to the general sense that he's an indecisive slime ball.

That said, I personally watched this as a stand alone drama without any knowledge of the VN. Ultimately, I think it was very well executed from that standpoint too. I found Narumi's character completely believable. It's totally understandable to have the feelings he had. He was torn between love and duty--a classic romance conflict. In the end, he resolved his feelings of duty and determined who it was who he really loved (which, honestly, was probably the person he was most interested in from the very beginning of the story).

While everyone bemoans Haruka's loss, they aren't really looking at the big picture. You really have to have some introspection and perspective to understand that while there were no winners, no one was completely at fault. That's what makes this kind of show so great. It shows human life and emotion for what it really is--a big, messy train wreck in slow motion.

Narumi and Mitsuki ended up with the person they loved, but gave up their personal dreams and ambitions in order to fulfill what they believed was their duty to a friend. And while Haruka didn't get the guy, her life's work and ambition was ultimately fulfilled. Who got the better end of that deal? I don't think you can say for sure, but no one had a perfect story book ending--just like in real life. We all have to live with the consequences of our decisions and part of maturing is learning to accept that sometimes even good intentions can lead us to unfortunate circumstances.

Overall, very good: 8/10 (could've been a 9 with some better art or music).
Aug 29, 2014 2:02 AM

Jan 2014
Takayuki is a f**king asshole, he should end up alone, he hurt Mitsuki very much, he don`t deserve Mitsuki
Oct 18, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
No matter how many times I re-watch this or what anyone says, this will always be one of my favorite animes. The setting is realistic so is the drama IMO and it is handled extremely well. I am so glad that it was a Mitsuki ending, She has clearly always been in love with Takayuki. Although it was a happy ending and they end up together and are still together, she is wearing the ring at the end, why else would she be wearing it if they were not together. The ring is also on her ring finger so you know... marriage? Whilst it was sad to see her crying because someone else achieved her dream I am glad she is with Takayuki in the end and they are still together.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Dec 10, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
almost cry when that Takayuki ended the relationship with Haruka and saying "Sayonaraaa" T_T
I thought this is the end, he will treat Haruka until she fully recover and then confess to her or date here..

a bit dissapointed ending for me T_T
good for Mitsuki.. huff~
I was hoping for Haruka and Takayuki :(

Dec 19, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
yes!! a mitsuki ending!!
Rare for an anime which the M.C. picks the girl i like
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 21, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
despite some very obvious nitpicks with the series.... it was pretty damn good.

I'm done, I can't watch anymore of these sappy love dramas, too emotional for me.
Feb 9, 2015 1:21 PM
Jan 2011
Wow that was a shitshow. This final episode almost had me fooled in to thinking that this was an actually good show. If I could break it down into one line, it would probably be "Communication breakdown". Not only between all the characters, but also a miscommunication of their feelings to the audience. From Akane, to Mitsuki, to Shinji to Takayuki, their entire issue came about because they didn't fucking communicate. People got screwed but they have only themselves to blame. Also, Takayuki's work was a shitty side plot with unfunny characters, and that time would have been better spent developing the friend group pre-crash. As it stood, this is not the king of dramas, far from it, but seeing as I have had this on m y list for years, its not a total waste.

Just my 2 cents.
Mar 14, 2015 10:20 AM

May 2011
I went into this with the most casual, laid back attitude, and zero expectations... Lol. Was a random pick-up, to be honest.

However, my mind was blown. I did not expect it to become one of my most memorable rides of the genre.

Rumbling Hearts!
Mar 25, 2015 8:55 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatched)

I really like how this ended. Takayuki picked the right girl. Mitsuki has been nothing but devoted to him, it's nice to see him finally taking the initiative in the relationship and fighting for the girl that is a good match for him.

Haruka realized that she couldn't live in the past and decided to move on. Overall, a very fulfilling ending.
May 22, 2015 6:05 PM
Jun 2013
good in the first few episodes. Terrible throughout. Very good ending with a lot of resolution.
I'm kinda mad that Shinji just gets to live life without any sort of consquences. He's not innocent! But life goes on. I really liked how everything wrapped up. Overall I hate everybody but I won't choose to be negative. I'm very happy to be done with this so that's a plus. And there is actually a chance I might check out the ova....
Jun 21, 2015 11:56 PM

Feb 2012
Disappointing.

The core drama after episode three felt forced, contrived: so heavy-handed that almost every reaction a character had to one another or to an event invoked an extreme expression of despair that looked beyond the abyss that is death itself. Which is underwhelming, because the said drama would easily be solved if the protagonist had just communicated, expressed a single sentiment of what he felt. Anything at all.

To make matters worse, the histrionic music blasting at every fucking chance made me be like "can we turn this shit down, I'm trying to listen here."

Its potentials, is the reason I didn't give up on the show. Even after the terribly rushed first two introductory episodes. Admittedly, the show had lots of elements I like to see in fiction, like isolation, loneliness; estrangement, to the point of being indifferent to and detached from everything. But alas, the handling of these elements was simply disjointed, misplaced, or undeveloped: the music; the fact that the character and their dynamics weren't established well in the beginning, depriving the audience of a way to grasp what the characters were experiencing and really feeling (comparable to witnessing a stranger bawling in pain without stop, you don't know them yet- why should you care?- you aren't the ones who can comfort them beyond superficial sympathy).

And it probably had something to do with the adaptation process and directorial choices. Apparently, neither conduced a product that is noteworthy or really unique than the rest of the melodrama out there.
Jun 28, 2015 4:48 PM

Oct 2014
this series was amazing... it was the perfect ending...... Finally he knows how he feels
Always work hard
Jul 5, 2015 7:15 PM

Oct 2013
The story was good and the drama realistic and mature but IMO the problem was the characters. I can't stand Mitsuki, she was a terrible person since episode 1. What kind of friend would keep calling your bff's boyfriend like that? And this "I'm calling cause I'm worried about Haruka" is bullshit. She was always making excuses to get closer to Takayuki before AND after the accident. And saying she loves him while she's naked and he's clearly unstable? Yeah, very romatic...

Takayuki was such a useless man. I didn't care who he was going to choose but being indecisive until the ending just made me feel like he didn't really loved any of them.

Haruka was annoying in the beginning though after the time skip she was much stronger and mature. I started to actually like her and was happy about Takayuki & Mitsuki ending cause Haruka deserves someone better than him.
Sep 11, 2015 5:15 PM
Oct 2013
Mitsuki and Narumi are just fated to be with each other. Loved the ending!!!
Sep 16, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
Saddest romance anime i have watched so far ,i am not really into those genre .6/10 cuz ending is satisfying somehow.

Jan 5, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
gustave154 said:
Mitsuki and Narumi are just fated to be with each other. Loved the ending!!!

Agree, go fuck yourself Haruka
Jun 16, 2016 7:12 AM
Jun 2016
tbh all for mitsuki but i wish she dumped narumi so he'd be alone for once. That boy really did nothing to appreciate all that she had sacrificed for him.
Jun 16, 2016 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
SuppleTears said:
OK, My turn...I give the anime and ending a 10/10...now that we got that out of the way. I was rooting for Mitsuki... in the beginning....Ok....when Haruka got in an accident and they went 3 years later and Mitsuki and Narumi were dating.. I was still rooting for Mitsuki...When he started going to the hospital to help Haruka and she started getting drunk and feeling sad and upset...I was still rooting for Mitsuki....when ...Mitsuki was walking around and was going to the hotel with the guy...and Shinjii stopped her....I said "SWEET! he saved her!" "She was just drunk!". I was still rooting for Mitsuki... When Mitsuki F.ucked Shinjii...that is where the rooting ended...She cheated on Narumi for no reason...besides "Your going to the hospital for OUR friend who was in a coma! You love her don't you?!" Narumi didn't cheat on Mitsuki...not once..... I'm ok with him ending up with Mitsuki only because Haruka deserves better, than a weak, indecisive, person like Narumi. Now the female I did want Narumi with...was the Pink Haired Nurse LMAO! I'm sorry but its the truth! I wanted him to either have some feeling for the Pink Haired Nurse for WHATEVER REASON I DON'T EVEN CARE! Or the Blonde Head Girl Who Worked at his job! I didn't want him to choose Mitsuki or Haruka but someone else that was not a friend. Anyway, That is how I feel after just finishing the series less than 10 minutes ago. It was a good ride!!!!! WOOT Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 10/10!!!!!!

yeah? narumi didn't cheat on mitsuki once? you're right, he cheated on her for pretty much the duration after haruka woke up till they said their farewells. Is kissing her and constantly declaring love with her, on top of being more emotionally attached to her over mitsuki not cheating?? In fact I personally find it worse than mitsuki's one drunken and desperate screw up.
Jun 27, 2016 4:45 AM
Jan 2011
diedrupo said:
Zafirlukast said:
KimiNozo had the potential to be so much more than it was. It's refreshing to finally watch a series that doesn't have to rely on cheap melodrama to evoke an emotional response in its viewers. The emotions depicted were genuine and the series was painful to watch at times because of how realistically it portrayed the characters' thoughts and actions. The series would have had a devastating impact on me if the characters did not become mere plot devices whose sole purpose was to advance the plot. It seemed like they only existed out of necessity - they had to be present for there to actually be a story. It's a shame, because had the writers taken the time to develop them better and allowed the audience to become emotionally attached to the cast, KimiNozo could have been one of the best series in its genre. Extensive character development is necessary for a tragic drama like this to be effective. Because KimiNozo fails to accomplish this task, I simply cannot give it a rating higher than 5/10.

However, I must admit that the series finale ALMOST made me change my opinion about the series because of how well executed it was.

Quite frankly your opinion is appalling and it is downright ridiculous that you think there are better anime that delivered drama. Name a single one. The only one I can think of that even comes close to matching Kiminozo is Anohana.

He's right. There are better anime that delivered drama. Nana,Fruits Basket,5 Centimeters Per Second.We Were there,etc.
Jun 30, 2016 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
Nice end, Haruka coped about her three years loss, was able to move forward and accomplish something out of her experience. Through the few lines her sister read, I figured out she was first hoping to retrieve her friends but discovered something more important on the road. But...
The Haru tale was only briefly read by Haruka in the series I have but I just watched another version of this episode, extended to 27mn (+4mn), where you are given the full book to read before the credits roll. A scene of Haruka welcoming other persons on the hill even replaced the final picture (the hill with nobody). I understand this new epilogue differently, since here the book insists a lot more on the lost friendship and the regrets to wrap it up with everyone coming along again. (in other words, her old friends saw her call through the book and came back to her?)

Oh, and: Murakami Haruka: a pseudonym?

5/5 (4th rewatch) Not sure if this is in this episode or the 13th but I always laugh when Takayuki turns his "dot face" to the sky and shouts

Sentimental drama about a group of friends dealing with the aftermath of an event, padded with human errors. Some complain about the timeskips being not clear enough or preventing "development" and "attachment" to the characters, others about the fact no one is likable but I found the speed in the beginning pretty obvious and since I despise the need to like/love characters to follow a story, I had no problem with the last things (it's already hard enough to empathize with real persons or to like strangers, why bother with fictional characters when you only have to understand their actions as possible answers).
So, basically, I never had any overreaction to this anime. After all, I am the spectator of a story. As long as it goes forward nicely, I do not have to "cheer" anybody, I am not the "hero" here, nor any of the other characters.

8/10

A question: how does anybody here deal with dramatic stories about relationship who are told in live-action movies? Where there is basically only start and sometimes end situation characterizations and all is left are the story events. (since it seems everyone is dependant of long character development)

@xsilicon9 Doesn't the Fruits Basket animation stops right after entering the "drama zone" of the manga?
Rei_IIIJun 30, 2016 6:28 AM
Dec 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Jun 2016
Kyon97 said:
narumi was so stupid, he made it hard for me to like this series until the end. mitsuki deserved to be treated better! but overall i enjoyed it.
the ending was very well done, both girls ended up happy, and the one who needed the guy more got him :)

also, i feel that haruka lacked screen time.

Same here 6/10 for me.
Mar 14, 2017 1:04 PM

Jul 2014
justpooky said:
I'm so mad

cmon really?

Shirt said:
I hated this show's guts because of the ending and Narumi's indecisiveness. Any show like that gets a big thumbs down from me. Like someone mentioned a few posts prior, Haruka was a victim of life and lost everything.

What a shitload of bull. *cursecursetrashtalkbashbashrant* I really can't say how much I detested the Narumi and Mitsuki ending. But, that's about the only thing bad about the show.. : Akane-chan was the amazingest character. Just had to point that out. :3

I TOOTALLLY AGREE! A BUNCH OF BULL CRAPSHIT PILE !$!@$!@$
I DIDN"T DETEST THE ENDING! I WANT TO FUCKING BLOW IT OUT OF MY MEMMORY! IT RUNED THE ANIME!
Akane... I felt could have pushed Harkua x Narumi ending more, god dam MItsuki can die!

I am so mad at the ending it personally ruined the anime for me
1. Narumi obviously treated and ignored Mitsuki because he had realized he still harbours love for Haruka.
2. Mitsuki is a total slut sleeing with Shinji they are both my most hated anime characters of all time.
3. Narumi in the end i felt like he felt obliged to mitsuki because of what she gave up, what she gave up was because she was a friend, yes she loved him but obvously the feelings weren't mutual till he realized what she had done for him during the "rough" times and even then it wasn't life, it was an obligation.
4. screw you realistic ending folks. if a guy is spending 1 year in depression it is obvious he has major devotion to the girl!
5. wouldn't it be intresting if haruka got pregnant during her coma?
6. Mitsuki tottally took advantage of the situation and this is somewhat Narumi's fault too! he boned her because he was depressed, and then he wanted more because hes a guy and he felt horny, and more and more, this is not a relationship this is like two dogs having sex because they are horny.
7. Mitsuki is soo fragile i just wish she broke in half and died. Total slut.

Haruka is left all alone, I felt she really deserved better than this ending, she spent all her time rejecting the other guys prior to her coma, and plus her devotion to her friends! She is soo wise and strong minded.

Ok yea mitsuki sacrified most but that is only pity on her, Narumi pities her and therefore is INDEBTED TO HER! HE DOES NOT LOVE HER! yea he may feel lonely because she isn't there anymore THAT CAN BE EASILY FIXED BY GOD DAM HARU GETING OUT OF THE HOSPITAL SOONER OR LATER!

I really prefered the OVA, it made me more teary, Haruka ran away because she was really considerate of the situation and really really deserved to be with him in the end.

I somehow wish this ending was like in the game....
Mitsuki is used as a sex slave.... like she wasn't one already but what ever.

My thoughts too. Fuck this ending, Haruka got everything taken from her and she gives up on MC even though he's a dickwad too.

Overall the premise was really good but the story then makes me rage throughout the whole show.

6/10 teetering on 5.

Time for OVA's and when the VN is officially in EN I'll go for Haruka ending.
Jun 15, 2017 6:36 AM
Aug 2014
Looks like I misinterpreted Haruka's word from last episode, she entered rehab to move on, not to return to before the accident. Probably the best moment in the show.

Not sure what the point was of any of the restaurant scenes; they did not add anything to the show and it's time could've been much better spent on the other characters.

There were quite a few problems with this show for me. The friendship was poorly established, Haruka's had no character till the last episodes, I couldn't tell what Takuyaki's feelings were towards any of the girls and he didn't really have any character traits other than being indecisive and "kind". Wasn't a fan of the 3 year timeskip either, could've cut the restaurant scenes and filled in
this time period instead.

The complete lack of any sort of communication that was the cause of most of the drama was what irritated me the most.
Aug 29, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2016
BokutoPrecinct said:
I am so glad that it was a Mitsuki ending, She has clearly always been in love with Takayuki.

Exactly.

Considering all the lack of communication between the characters, the situation where Haruka couldn't "receive the truth all at once" thus living in the past, all the characters are quite even, I'd say.

So in the end the more deserving is Mitsuki, and I'm glad it ended like this.

Let's face it. Analyze the story.

Haruka had a crush on Takayuki, we can say she got a love at first sight.
BUT: she didn't even know him, she didn't try to and when she confessed she literally did so to a stranger.
Takayuki wasn't even sure to love her to start with, at first he decided to give her a bland "yes", then convinced himself to love her even though he wasn't sure. After the accident he literally mixed up the guilt with that feeling, ending up broken.

On the other hand Mitsuki started with no feelings for Takayuki but developed them by hanging out with him, firstly with the aim of helping her friend confessing to him, and then for the sake of Takayuki when Haruka fell into coma.
From Takayuki's perspective the relationship is more genuine too, he had many happy moments with her as a friend, and then got saved from his guilt and fell into her arms. In the end he even realized how much she did for him, comprehending that he needed her, and she needed him.

Personally, if I have to choose, I prefer a love that bloomed slowly due to shared experiences, even the harsh ones, compared to an adolescence crush for a guy you really don't even know anything about.

Sooner or later, Haruka would finish as most of the "highschool girlfriends". Nothing but a (happy) memory of the past.
Leaving the girl with the deeper feelings for him in despair.
She realized that when she witnessed the effects of losing so much time, and decided to let it go. And she ended happy in her own way.

I give this story a 8/10.
I would give it 10, but the awkwardness of the relationship went on a little too much. The resolution was a bit late. Well, at least we have one.
bruh
Sep 25, 2017 1:48 AM
Jan 2017
I was the only one who noticed that the fault of all the problems of the protagonist is of the mitsuki ???
She made the protagonist to delay causing in the accident of haruka, took advantage of his moment of weakness of him to betray the haruka, was undecided when the protagonist wanted to live with her, after that Haruka woke up she decided once more to try to steal the protagonist again, when she saw who was not working betrayed him with two others, did the whole shit, and even made everyone think that it was the protagonist's fault.
And to finish, she who stays with the protagonist, I will not lie I'm angry, of how this anime has dumb people.
Oct 2, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2016
Alldhan said:
I was the only one who noticed that the fault of all the problems of the protagonist is of the mitsuki ???
She made the protagonist to delay causing in the accident of haruka, took advantage of his moment of weakness of him to betray the haruka, was undecided when the protagonist wanted to live with her, after that Haruka woke up she decided once more to try to steal the protagonist again, when she saw who was not working betrayed him with two others, did the whole shit, and even made everyone think that it was the protagonist's fault.
And to finish, she who stays with the protagonist, I will not lie I'm angry, of how this anime has dumb people.

You're mixing up consequences with coincidences.
bruh
Nov 30, 2017 11:12 PM
Aug 2014
just want to point out...

4 people (friends) in the group.
2 guys, 2 girls
1 girl slept with the both guys

nice going Mitsuki, hell of a 'friend' you are
Dec 1, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
@nahian777 Sharing is supposed to be one of the most important values in civilized societies.

@FullyCharged Idem. American dramatic movies for most of mine. Can't give the titles back though.
It's astonishing how narrow-minded and hyper stucked for some things internet people talking about anime can be.
Rei_IIIDec 18, 2017 8:17 AM
Dec 1, 2017 2:46 PM
Aug 2014
Rei366 said:
@nahian777 Sharing is supposed to be one of the most important values in civilized societies.

sarcasm? ;)
maybe im a bit too harsh on mitsuki, she did actually love the mc. but in real world a girl like mitsuki would never end up with the guy
Dec 16, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2016
nahian777 said:
but in real world a girl like mitsuki would never end up with the guy

I think in the real world it would be even more likely for this to happen.

Don't tell me you never saw a movie where an husband or wife falls in a coma and their spouse gets with someone else after a while. I've seen at least three.
bruh
Jan 8, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2016
That was definitely a good ending even if he chose Haruka it would be realistic but that would have hurt Mitsuki, Haruka was hurt as well but she said herself that she loved the young Takayuki not the adult one.

I would say if all of the episodes were as good as the last and the first one it would have been 9/10 but it was not like that so I guess 7/10 is not a bad raiting.

TEWG said:
I'm glad Mitsuki didn't go out with him. He was just trying to use her and the cycle would have repeated.
You must have slept or something she actually go back to him didn't watched that part.
RaizelJan 8, 2018 10:23 AM
Jan 19, 2018 4:38 AM

Sep 2012
@FullyCharged
u can also read what i said to ppl here
Di27 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
BEAUTIFUL!!! i guess mitsuki was the one chosen but atleast they were all happy in the end but the part where mitsuki cries is kinda sad i mean she gave p her dream and watch it be done by someone else... so sad..

is the ova of this a continuation or adaptation?

that was obvious from the start only reason he accepted Haruka's confession cause he was hurt cause he was expecting & hoping Mitsuki to come there & confess they both fell for each other before he started dating Haruka, it was obvious sins EP he ends up with Mitsuki only the accident was a surprise

& Mitsuki haters are dummies who don't understand this stuff u cant really blame any1 here, cause Mitsuki realized her feelings 2late but he realized them sins the time he was W8 her to confess, but got Haruka instead, & hurt ppl sometimes act irrationally (like accepting any1 who shows them love despite not loving this person back that way) & that's what created this mess

i mentioned haters cause there are some haters here

zvintro said:
i think this was the best and most REALISTIC ending.

haruka ending is just too idealistic.

10/10 !! this is the best slice of life anime next to clannad i have seen thus far.

i totally agree with u

TEWG said:
That was an extremely beautiful ending. I'll watch the OVA and sequel.
Raizel said:
That was definitely a good ending even if he chose Haruka it would be realistic but that would have hurt Mitsuki, Haruka was hurt as well but she said herself that she loved the young Takayuki not the adult one.

I would say if all of the episodes were as good as the last and the first one it would have been 9/10 but it was not like that so I guess 7/10 is not a bad raiting.

TEWG said:
You must have slept or something she actually go back to him didn't watched that part.

lol it ended Takayuki & Mitsuki as couple i think ur talking about the ALT (ALT ENDING) ver OVA'S 4EP where he ended up with haruka , so ur in wrong discussion with this :D

nahian777 said:
Rei366 said:

sarcasm? ;)
maybe im a bit too harsh on mitsuki, she did actually love the mc. but in real world a girl like mitsuki would never end up with the guy

& that's why its good they ended up together Mitsuki & Takayuki cause they love each other sins before he started dating Haruka out of obligation

Alldhan said:

u make it out to be so simple when its not

only reason he accepted Haruka's confession cause he was hurt cause he was expecting & hoping Mitsuki to come there & confess they both fell for each other before he started dating Haruka, so he was dating Haruka out of obligation not romantic love

cant really blame any1 here, cause Mitsuki realized her feelings 2late but he realized them sins the time he was W8 her to confess, but got Haruka instead, & hurt ppl sometimes act irrationally (like accepting any1 who shows them love despite not loving this person back that way) & that's what created this mess

it all happened cause she was 2tense didn't realize Takayuki's feelings for her & didn't realize her feelings for him until it was 2late that's why cant really blame her, cant blame any1

but if i would to take it with ur logic MC is more to blame cause he decided to date Haruka without really loving her, out of obligation

nahian777 said:
just want to point out...

4 people (friends) in the group.
2 guys, 2 girls
1 girl slept with the both guys

nice going Mitsuki, hell of a 'friend' you are

this time she was hurt by hes actions & above i already explained that hurt ppl act dumb sometimes, well i used the world irrationally there, but that's basically same thing :D

ruinfx said:
Lets be honest, Mitsuki didn't deserve the ending, I am glad Haruka got her happy ending, she didn't deserve that tragedy but it was fate. Mitsuki on the other hand was a slut, stop him from going on the date (she knew he was running late) which led to the accident because it was her bday? Real? Also, lets get close to the guy.. give up my dreams and then take your best friends man... after realizing he was depress for a whole year.. and obviously still in love with Haruka... WELP LETS FUK his best friend...

how is it bitter sweet if it ended Takayuki & Mitsuki as couple?

if u mean bitter to haruka then yes, but bitter sweet to me is when 2 who love each other don't end together that is if u mean the anime & not one individual :)

ruinfx said:

& how is it good (happy end) for Haruka if it ended Takayuki & Mitsuki as couple?

its bad ending for her from the start cause Takayuki never loved her that way, she was doomed to fail in this relationship from the start & u say good end for Haruka :D, but u could say it was bitter sweet ending for Haruka cause she lost her love, but gained something, she was able to become book author

Lorezhno said:
Looks like I misinterpreted Haruka's word from last episode, she entered rehab to move on, not to return to before the accident. Probably the best moment in the show.

Not sure what the point was of any of the restaurant scenes; they did not add anything to the show and it's time could've been much better spent on the other characters.

There were quite a few problems with this show for me. The friendship was poorly established, Haruka's had no character till the last episodes, I couldn't tell what Takuyaki's feelings were towards any of the girls and he didn't really have any character traits other than being indecisive and "kind". Wasn't a fan of the 3 year timeskip either, could've cut the restaurant scenes and filled in
this time period instead.

The complete lack of any sort of communication that was the cause of most of the drama was what irritated me the most.

i have answers to some of u questions read above :)

to lazy to Quote more, there are 2meany ppl here to whom to Quote (some dummies who need explanation cause they blame one or the other cause they don't understand how things work, i mean the hater) :D
Sugram22Jan 19, 2018 5:41 AM
Aug 15, 2018 8:27 PM
Dec 2017
wow what a realistic anime although this is sad for haruka at the end but somehow she manages to overcome and looked forward to her dream. it's also sad for narumi and hayase because narumi cant go forward because of incident and hayase too end up on her dream to be with the person she love from start too and when haruka wackup their frendiship and love also effeck many regrats they have face up but at the end every thing workout some how.
Sep 2, 2018 3:39 AM

Nov 2009
Loved it :) The characters emotions and relationships were messy and realistic. I could relate to all of them. Do think Mitsuki should've had the courage that Haruka did and not taken Takayuki back. He said she wasn't his second choice but it sure did seem that way. If he really loved her he wouldn't of treated her the way that he did. Only after Mitsuki told Haruka the truth did he decide to change his mind. Would've liked some scenes depicting his change of heart rather than it being a sudden thing. I don't see their relationship being a healthy one and it would've been better if they both decided not to take that cheater back, although I can still understand his point of view. Guess Mitsuki just isn't strong enough yet to let go of him although if he were to treat her like that again I can see her finally having the courage. Well done to Haruka for overcoming everything. Don't see this level of mature, sad romance dramas very often, the pace was great. Would've watched the whole thing in one sitting if the FUNimation app didn't keep buffering. Perfect way to spend the past few days when I haven't been well. On to the Ova.
Oct 13, 2018 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
Solid ending made me not want it to end ! A lot happens in each episode! Left me thinking A lot!
Apr 22, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2010
Although there's lots of silly point but it's a really good series. Takayuki (setting) action throughout the series is totally understandable.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mitsuki or Haruka? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 1, 2007

255 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

54 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 7, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.