Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
That's the power of science in this show, being able to discover big secrets from their world.

This episode had a more serious vibe but that girl's research skills really are something else. I do also find it interesting how this episode didn't have the main cast involved but explored more history and lore.
Mar 7, 9:09 AM

Aug 2023
Felt almost like I was watching a totally different anime this week, but I actually really liked this episode! It finally put a lot of things into connection
Mar 7, 9:35 AM
Sep 2015
Too slow for my taste.
Mar 7, 9:41 AM

Mar 2021
This was a great episode that helped a lot to understand more about the Mo parts and the lost continent.
Mar 7, 10:03 AM
Feb 2024
SO FOUR TUNE IS PINKY PIE?!? I thought they looked similar but it was anime so I didn’t really give it a second thought 😂. Did they say her name before? Maybe they did and I just forgot.
Seeing Edward and Four Tune hanging out and just coexisting together was adorable. I love the Absentminded-Scientist and their Caretaker thing they had going on, seeing their relationship displayed like that was really cool to see.
Mar 7, 11:35 AM
Apr 2018
Wonder why Four Tune changed her name to Catherine Sue?

Really liked this episode, it finally revealed that Edward's been petting Catherine's tail all this time.

So, a previous episode said that they need 6 pieces for that wall indentation. We're now at 6!

Taro, Jiro, Saburo, Perch, Noin, and Catherine.

HOWEVER! In the end credits, Rock (the cafe owner) is grouped with all the Motarians (besides Catherine) before they turn into silhouettes of their Motarian forms. I'm thinking there's a seventh piece... (Especially if you look at the indentations, there's a line that goes partially so it could be splitting one shape into two.)

Plus, I realized something: his name is a katakana reading of the kanji 岩, and on his apron and the sign of the cafe, the bottom part is written in such a way that it looks like the symbol of the Mo continent. (I know the kanji radical is three strokes, and the Mo symbol is two, but it really feels connected, especially since what are they collecting? Fancy rocks!)

Interesting to note, also, that there are still some clips that were used in the pre-series PV that still haven't shown up.

1. Goro covered in that blue, shiny goo.

2. The Mo continent rising, and our main group looking up at it in surprise (their reactions being used in the thumbnail).

Looking at other Umatani anime, they've only ever used clips from the first two episodes (well, except Fairy Ranmaru now that I'm looking at it again--they used clips from later episodes, but very short and non-spoilery).
Mar 7, 6:28 PM
May 2017
phantomfandom said:
Too slow for my taste.

eh its just aight

best episode of the series i just forgot if Catherine already mentioned White Pegasus prior to this episode
dxtremecaliberMar 7, 6:31 PM
Mar 8, 12:12 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wasn't expecting her to be the same person for some reason, to be honest. They got me on that one. Wasn't paying attention enough I guess!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 8, 8:07 AM
Feb 2015
I wouldn't say I've ever really thought of White Pegasus to be big antagonists of the show, sure they're kinda represented that way but it was always amusing seeing how things would proceed within the show.
Is interesting to know that that same glamorous looking Catherine was actually the genius child prodigy of the past and that in reality, the chairman of White Pegasus had a relation to her in the past. I was wondering if perhaps there was some heated feud between the two which is why the main cast and White Pegasus seem to be neck and neck with each other in past episodes but it seems Ed and Catherine has the same goal with each other.

Makes me wonder if Ed even knows that the main cast are even subconsciously working for Catherine in all of this but I wonder what it'll all be like when the two meet up again as they are now, plus imagine when Gorou finds out Catherine was the child prodigy Four Tune ahahahhahah
Actually that made me think, her completely new image now as Catherine Su may even be a disguise so that no one knows she is the Four Tune of the past so she can carry on investigating towards her goal without having to come into the spotlight which could hinder the progress, also makes me wonder how Tarou and Jirou first approached the office in the first place.
Things are really starting to come together.....right by the end of the season 😂
Mar 8, 8:16 AM
Feb 2015
Reply to Deuterium51614

Really liked this episode, it finally revealed that Edward's been petting Catherine's tail all this time.

So, a previous episode said that they need 6 pieces for that wall indentation. We're now at 6!

Taro, Jiro, Saburo, Perch, Noin, and Catherine.

HOWEVER! In the end credits, Rock (the cafe owner) is grouped with all the Motarians (besides Catherine) before they turn into silhouettes of their Motarian forms. I'm thinking there's a seventh piece... (Especially if you look at the indentations, there's a line that goes partially so it could be splitting one shape into two.)

Plus, I realized something: his name is a katakana reading of the kanji 岩, and on his apron and the sign of the cafe, the bottom part is written in such a way that it looks like the symbol of the Mo continent. (I know the kanji radical is three strokes, and the Mo symbol is two, but it really feels connected, especially since what are they collecting? Fancy rocks!)

Interesting to note, also, that there are still some clips that were used in the pre-series PV that still haven't shown up.

1. Goro covered in that blue, shiny goo.

2. The Mo continent rising, and our main group looking up at it in surprise (their reactions being used in the thumbnail).

Looking at other Umatani anime, they've only ever used clips from the first two episodes (well, except Fairy Ranmaru now that I'm looking at it again--they used clips from later episodes, but very short and non-spoilery).
Deuterium51614 said:

Was thinking about this and I feel that perhaps she changed her name as well as her identity dramatically in order to come out to the public without the public eye on her.
Her time as Four Tune had loads of cameras and interviewers on her case about her scientific findings so if she happened to come out again as she was, people would bombard her trying to find out about what is going on, plus the fact that the Chairman disallowed the continuation of her investigation would be big news too and Four Tune would be caught up in all of that unnecessary stuff when she could be continuing her investigation instead.
Keeping her appearance in disguise, she can continue on striving for that goal of hers without people finding out who she is, like imagine if Gorou knew she was the Four Tune, he would go absolutely ballistic 🤯🤯🤯
Mar 8, 11:37 PM
Oct 2023
Didn't expect Catherine was a little genius 😯
Mar 14, 10:55 PM

Jul 2017
The backstory of the Mo Continent: researcher Four Tune's theory that went unproven, and even worse, is labelled as delusional.

In the past, White Pegasus's leader Edward, enamored by Four Tune's research, comes aboard as her assistant, taking care of the mundane tasks that forward her research into the ancient civilization, the discovery of tiger beastmen, and eventually, the map of the Mo Continent found at her grandfather's villa. Edward basically is like her maid attendant, and the realization of Four Tune being a Motarian after touching a piece of the MOPart, she can finally put her research to publicize as the delusional news that went awry and destroyed her reputation and funding for her ambitious project. Despite that, Edward didn't give up on her, and they're like the OTP that sadly didn't pan out, and the research to that is continued through White Pegasus.

It's interesting that all this while, White Pegasus is seen as the antagonist, but in real fact, are the side protagonists, which is where she lands in Cafe Rock with Goro and the others as Catherine to continue the over-scientific research.

Practically, both White Pegasus and Cafe Rock are on the same trajectory, but made a race out of it.
Apr 6, 6:39 AM

Jun 2020
So IF THEY WANT THE SAME THINK WHY THEY ARE FIGHTING
Apr 18, 12:31 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Wow I really don't see that coming, well not that bad I think this anime if it can made me surprised like this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8

5 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 21, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1

6 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 17, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 25

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 16, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 18

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 15, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Gekkan Mousou Kagaku Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11

24 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 15, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.