Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 24, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, high stakes. I mean seriously, playing basketball is one thing but putting the stake of confessing on the line is something else.

After the speech thing that Kyoutarou went through, I'm not surprised he has the balls to do that. Seeing Kyoutarou grow in so much in confidence just shows further that even a person like him can change. Cute little birthday party they had too.
Feb 24, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
And so, the end of the school year is slowly approaching.

The closing ceremony had arrived. Once they became third-years, they might end up in different classes... After school, Ichikawa found himself lost in memories alone in the classroom, when Yamada called him out to the gym. When he arrived, Yamada was playing basketball alone, and he challenged Ichikawa to a 1-on-1 match with a rule that the loser had to obey the winner's commands. As the game reached a stalemate, Ichikawa made a heartfelt shot, saying that if this shot goes in, he'll confess.

I can't help but wonder how Moeko would've reacted if Adachi hadn't messed up and she had read the letter. And then there's Ichikawa signing off with "kiss kissy kiss". Haha, what a character. The whole basketball shot thing was so over-the-top dramatic for no reason, but it did keep things interesting. The music was so intense, I was sure the shot was going to make it. The setting was perfect though; getting to spend vacation as a couple without too much interference from others was a nice change of pace. And then there's Yamada, trying to retreat in embarrassment, but luckily Ichikawa's dad saved the day. And wow, Yamada really knew how to build anticipation with that first name whispering in the dark. But seriously, he's come a long way since the beginning, hasn't he? It's like his anxiety has almost disappeared. He doesn't even question whether Yamada enjoys spending time with him anymore. I love how as they grow closer, she becomes his safe haven for his anxiety. It feels so genuine.

But now I'm really curious, why were his sister's panties still there at the machine? Please don't tell me Yamada's commando.

Feb 24, 8:58 AM

May 2020
Perfect plan for scoring a girl does exist, but I’m afraid to say the likes of Adachi doesn’t know about them, though to see he still successfully managed to word his feelings to Moe was the first good thing that happened to him lol. But that letter finding the wrong owner and still doing what it was supposed to was just the best xD

Putting why girls and boys shouldn’t be allowed to play basketball together for REASONS aside, I liked how every other episode we’re getting hints about the confession. That will go on, unlike Yamada’s way of referring to Ichikawa as “Kyo” lol. She just said once, and dude was on cloud nine.

Birthday party finally happened lol. Yamada might have gotten a late invitation, but she just kind of made herself comfortable around everyone, like she always does. Bad fashion sense of both the siblings aside, Ichikawa got a gift from Yamada as well, again getting himself referred to as “Kyo”. Though I was looking forward to the stayover.

Hope dude somehow makes it out alive this night, really do lol. Also, one can't be this late to realise something this "important".
Softhenic03Feb 24, 9:01 AM
Feb 24, 9:03 AM
Aug 2022
Our Ichikawa is growing up ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ญ , can't believe he is that same child from 1st season
Feb 24, 9:07 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Make sure to not forget the post-credit scene, y'all. No panties, Yamada! He's definitely not going to get any sleep now, is he?

Adachi is finally making some points—it's been about time, yo! Would've been double the effect or the exact opposite (null) with the handwritten letter xD but seeing Yamada's imagination of Ichikawa reading out those sassy lines was hilarious. And we're guaranteed a confession, thank you so much for that assist, Yamada! It came out of nowhere but I can't complain! I expected it at the end but that's cool, I don't mind the wait.

Followed by the best segment of the episode! Ichikawa's dad has got some serious lurking abilities, lol. I'm glad Ichikawa didn't shy away from the moment and went on to invite her over. That's what we like to see! Remaining was just pure bliss ~

It's been that kind of a season with this show, the consistency is crazy.

One of the most rewarding moments, seeing the 5 min cut of the final few mins of the episode:

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 24, 9:47 AM

Apr 2016
Hmm ... After i finished the episode i pondered a bit ... and you see, i think saying that the parents won this weeks episode is pretty spot on saying, xD

But also, im not an expert on how the Japanese schools run, but i'm sure a mom dressed like that would not be allowed even on the perimeter, lmao.
Feb 24, 9:53 AM

Mar 2019
Something that I love about this anime, is how well they use the visuals. In the scene where Kyoutarou is looking at the empty room, before being called by Yamada to play basketball, we can see a small metaphor that is not present in the manga. It shows his current seat and Yamada's seat being brigther, as how they are now. Then, he looks at his previous seat, being darker, resembling his past. Honestly that by itself made me cry.

An interesting thing about it, is that their seat is mirrored from the manga. In the manga, after they change seats, they actually seat next to the door. I remember reading in an inverview with one of the directors that they made this change to have a better use of lighting, in order to bring prettier visuals. And it is paying off.

For a moment, I thought they would save for the next episode the scene of him realising she (probably) wasn't wearing anything under there, or even delete it. But no, they did it better. The way it cuts at the end, basically just like in the manga, made me laugh more than I thought.

Next week is guaranteed to be peak again. Not that it is any surprise anymore.

Feb 24, 10:16 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Hayuume
Something that I love about this anime, is how well they use the visuals. In the scene where Kyoutarou is looking at the empty room, before being called by Yamada to play basketball, we can see a small metaphor that is not present in the manga. It shows his current seat and Yamada's seat being brigther, as how they are now. Then, he looks at his previous seat, being darker, resembling his past. Honestly that by itself made me cry.

An interesting thing about it, is that their seat is mirrored from the manga. In the manga, after they change seats, they actually seat next to the door. I remember reading in an inverview with one of the directors that they made this change to have a better use of lighting, in order to bring prettier visuals. And it is paying off.

For a moment, I thought they would save for the next episode the scene of him realising she (probably) wasn't wearing anything under there, or even delete it. But no, they did it better. The way it cuts at the end, basically just like in the manga, made me laugh more than I thought.

Next week is guaranteed to be peak again. Not that it is any surprise anymore.

@Hayuume I didn't notice about the sit until I saw your comment,, visuals is really important and this anime make it so good also the "under there" scene I thought this episode was cut
Feb 24, 10:21 AM

Mar 2021
Really great episode Just love how Ichikawa reacts to unexpected situations and over thinks all the time.
Feb 24, 10:27 AM

Feb 2021
I smiled the whole episode. There were so many funny moments. Again, Ichikawa's imaginary self and his sister are the best.
There is a scene after credits! Don't skip it! The cutoff is amazing XD

@Hayuume Oh damn, I didn't notice this. An amazing detail!
Feb 24, 10:28 AM

Aug 2017
Cute birthday episode, Kana reactions were my favorite part this episode, girl makes it even more awkward for Ichikawa.

Also lol at that scene after the ending song.
Feb 24, 10:31 AM
Aug 2020
Little pervert lol

Another great episode, i love them
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 24, 10:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Casually toss in the shoe locker huh lol. Still Adachi and Sekine huh thats a curious pairing. Ah the last day of their school year huh crazy times indeed. Man that basketball game sure was a tense one. The birthday meal was a pretty sweet moment with Kyo's sister adding in plenty of comedy to enhance it. Anna sure is diligent though reading scripts at night. Quite the night that Kyo ended up having.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
this episode is a bit way too fast paced and missed a lot of small details. well its understandable since they are adapting 5 chapters in one episode.
still love the episode
Feb 24, 10:48 AM

Jul 2011
Sadly for Yamada, her screen was so effective, that postponed being asked out.

Kana is the on-screen character that represent the watcher hype.

Get a miniature as present, is sign of a great family.
Feb 24, 10:50 AM

Jul 2017
Another terrific episode. Loads of great moments as a whole once again all over this episode, but what stood out to me was just how impressive the adaptation was in general from the anime staff and taking some creative liberties in small ways to make the product more fun or engaging in the process. The way they turned the mystery with the panties post-credits in those few seconds were hilarious, the original scenes added to showcase how much brighter Ichikawa's life was when leaving the class in his new seats compared to the past (kind of reminded me about Mushoku Tensei's final episode of season 1 without mentioning spoilers where the light/darkness symbolized the emotions Rudeus was going through), all were fantastic. The chemistry between Ichikawa and Yamada continues to be top notch from the basketball scene to the birthday party too. Yamada might have not known Ichikawa's birthday at the start of the day but good to see her at least get to spend time with him at his house on his birthday and even stay for the night. The last few minutes with the two of them just talking it out and Yamada comforting him was really sweet to watch, felt like my eyes were just glued to that scene and atmosphere as a whole. And as usual, Ichikawa's sister was pure jokes throughout the episode, definitely a very enjoyable side character to watch here. I love how much Ichikawa just 'rejects' her sister during his turn on dilemma when thinking about Yamada and how seeing her or her panties just instantly makes him normal again. Kind of a refreshing dynamic as siblings these two have in general compared to the average anime.

The comedic moments were good, the wholesome romantic moments were quality, the adaptation is great. Another week, another enjoyable episode in the books.
Feb 24, 10:57 AM

May 2019
This episode was great and had a bunch of funny moments such as Anna claiming she's a light eater (yeah right!), Anna's reaction upon reading the note that Adachi wrote for her friend, Kyotaro realizing at the end of the episode that Anna was most likely going commando, etc.

Btw, Adachi's mom is a MILF (and looks like a mature gyaru if that's even a thing):
Feb 24, 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
I just love that Kyo's alter ego is reflect more on his sex drive.
Feb 24, 11:23 AM
Dec 2023
Wild episode. But still a good one.
Feb 24, 11:33 AM
Sep 2020
They're so sweet togheter, i'll get diabetes if i continue to watch them.
Aug 2018
Good episode, not the best of the season, but good all the same. We're moving forward little by little, but it's hard to say that we've gone from two tear-jerking episodes to a transitional episode with cute little interactions, but without all the tension we've had all season..
Jul 2015
phantomfandom said:
I just love that Kyo's alter ego is reflect more on his sex drive.

I am [...] your libido!
Feb 24, 11:35 AM

Nov 2021
the way how the end of each episode cuts to the karte with kensuke ushio's music playing never gets old..
Feb 24, 11:43 AM

Dec 2022
Ichikawa and Yamada continue to get closer, Kana is still an amazing onee-san, Ichikawa turns 14, and Yamada spends the night at his house for some reason.

A few moments had me laughing my ass off.
Moeko's chocolate scene where so many things went wrong that the whole situation turned out horrendously right. Like an integer overflow.
Lucifer shriveling up the instant Kana walks into the room. My boy doesn't appreciate Alabama culture!
Anna asking for a "gomu." You'll never know when you need one!

And now both of them have gone nopan in the other's house. What will these two get up to next?
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Feb 24, 12:13 PM

Oct 2017
Kana chan's the best, love her. She really handed him over a bunnygirl figure infront of the entire family and they all seemed cool with it lol, even Yamada. That said more wholesome and sweet Yamada x Kyoutaro stuff. She even called him Kyo and that head pat scene was so good. Anna chan looked cute in twintails.
Feb 24, 12:34 PM

Jun 2023
Yo what Yamada was sleeping commando o_0
Feb 24, 12:53 PM
Jan 2024
good episode and fan service
Feb 24, 12:54 PM

Dec 2023
Adachi trying to give Moeko cookies is the definition of a task failed successfully.
Loving Ichikawa's character development one moment being confident than reverting back to his old cringe self.
The pacing for this episode was really fast. A lot going on.
Feb 24, 12:55 PM
Feb 2024
The paNIC I FELT IN MY SOUL WHEN YAMADA READ THE LETTERRRRRRR
AAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHH

On another note, I loved that the guys asked for Ichikawa’s LINE ID, it really shows how far he’s come since the beginning of the anime. He has friends now and I’m happy for him.

But the best part was him thinking that he would ask her out if he got the basketball in, and then YAMADA saved it and puts it through the hoop for him. That was such a beautiful moment, and really just a nice touch overall to the episode. Shame he decided not to ask her out though.

But the way he tucked her in at the end, that’s probably my favorite part of this episode.
Feb 24, 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
yamada cannot ball ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Feb 24, 1:43 PM
Aug 2022
I know exactly what they were implying with the part with kyo’s alter ego getting bigger and smaller ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Another great episode
Feb 24, 1:46 PM
Nov 2010
I really like this series. My only hope is that we get a confession and at least a bried window into their relationship before it ends (no spoilers pls).

The last thing I'd want to see from this gem is the credits playing in the middle of the episode, last 2 minutes he confesses, she cries, they hug, freeze frame, a 10-second voiceover about how he's changed, cut to black screen, 'Fin" and that's it.

I know the manga is ongoing, but it would be nice to see some 'strawberry time' animated.

A kiss would be way too much to ask for I'm sure, but one can dream. :)
Feb 24, 1:59 PM

Oct 2014
Another great episode.

Loved the bit at the beginning with Adachi. With the letter being misunderstood it actually went in his favor.

Also the interaction with both parents, the mom finally found out that shes at ichikawas house

Loved the post credit scene and cant wait for the next episode
kisip123Feb 24, 2:09 PM
Feb 24, 2:40 PM
Mar 2015
She stayed overnight on his bday and called him by his first name
Feb 24, 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
im very surprised that they have been kicking the can for so long with the confession. I guess they might wait that out now till like episode 12.

It was a nice episode again. It was really funny seeing the short girl trying to mess things up with the teacher so they wont be seated together during their next grade seatings.

Im actually looking forward to the 9th grade now and how they will be seated and if any new characters or romantic rivals will appear, hopefully a girl that will like the male MC to make things even spicier.
Feb 24, 2:45 PM
Jan 2022
Stark700 said:
Ooh, high stakes. I mean seriously, playing basketball is one thing but putting the stake of confessing on the line is something else.

After the speech thing that Kyoutarou went through, I'm not surprised he has the balls to do that. Seeing Kyoutarou grow in so much in confidence just shows further that even a person like him can change. Cute little birthday party they had too.

Does anyone know what Kyotaro whispered to Anna at the end as he pulled the blanket over her?
Feb 24, 3:55 PM

Jul 2021
Its crazy how we went from “I want to kill yamada” to episodes like this
Feb 24, 4:18 PM
Feb 2015
Funny hearing Kana ask about Anna actually being a model and whatnot considering her VA Yukari Tamura played as an older sister who is a model too over at Kiniro Mosaic ahahahha
Feb 24, 4:23 PM
Jan 2022
New Ship has been added

Also I was caught off guard by the after-credit scene lol
Feb 24, 4:51 PM

Feb 2011
Was hoping Kyo would call her Anna when he tucked her in.. oh well, opportunity lost there.

so cute tho

Feb 24, 4:57 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to xiMii
this episode is a bit way too fast paced and missed a lot of small details. well its understandable since they are adapting 5 chapters in one episode.
still love the episode
@xiMii

Ya, also disappointed that they cut off the scene just before he was protecting Yamada at the street, which is one of my favourite scene in the manga.

That aside, still a great episode, in overall very happy that the animators really put good efforts on this.
Feb 24, 5:01 PM

Nov 2023
A nice little birthday episode.

Feb 24, 5:09 PM
Aug 2020
Gosh I wanted to know what Ichikawa said at the end that made Yamada have that look so bad ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Also, that pantsu after credit ๐Ÿคฃ
Feb 24, 5:20 PM

Sep 2023
It's so good, best time of the week!! Anna finally started calling Kyo by his first name and it's so darn cute, makes him all flustered.

She is really looking good in her work outfit and end up going to the birthday party for Kyotarou, even stays the night!
Feb 24, 5:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was happy to see Adachi actually get somewhere with a girl at the beginning there, him and Moeko would be an interesting relationship to see progress on the side if that goes anywhere, also Yamada misunderstanding who wrote that letter was hilarious lol. And I really liked the basketball scene that followed, definitely a game to top the NBA championship lol, and Yamada probably would have won quickly but her shots kept barely missing, but this gave Ichikawa an opportunity to go for the win, however I knew the moment he said he’d ask Yamada out that he’d not make the shot lol, you can’t fool me. Despite this, we did get that great moment where Yamada used her reward to call Ichikawa by his first name, and later we got another hilarious moment where Ichikawa imagined something spicy with this new turn of events in mind lol.

And the birthday bit in the 2nd half is definitely one of my favorites in the series so far, so much goodness there. I really liked Yamada twintail edition, there’s lot a bad look she’s had so far imo, and Kana’s rock fit was very nice too, it’s a shame she thought it looked bad when she found out Yamada was a model lol. And Yamada was sneaky when she whispered Ichikawa’s first name upon blowing out the candles, can’t blame the man for falling out his chair there lol. And with Yamada spending the night of course the fun didn’t stop there, that bath scene was quite tasteful, having Ichikawa be the one to bring Yamada’s clothes was a grade A play by Kana whether it was intentional or not, and I’m ngl the “rubber” line caught me off guard but of course it wasn’t as it seemed lol, and I loved that the two of them stayed up all night talking, I just wish we got to hear some of those convos. Needless to say tho, definitely one of Ichikawa’s best birthdays ever, and that after credits scene was a funny way to end it lol, love how it cut off.
Feb 24, 5:22 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode! Some funny scenes, especially the post-credits scene.
Feb 24, 5:34 PM

Oct 2014
It is just a shame that the conversation between parents werent animated longer

Feb 24, 6:11 PM
Apr 2021
Another W episode man shit hit me in the feels a little bit especially that part where Ichikawa was looking at the desks my bro has really grown๐Ÿฅน

Yo lowkey Ichikawa got handles in basketball I thought he’d be amateurish but nah bro was dribbled past Yamada who exceptional at it like HE’S HIM๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Adachi’s mom is fucking HOT like I never actually gave any thought into the other students parents and now I wanna see their moms๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ซ

At this point Ichikawa’s competition is his sister bc it feels like she loves her more than he loves her hahaha and the post credit scene was funny as hell like Yamada is in commando mode??? Aw hell nahhhh๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Feb 24, 6:34 PM

Feb 2020
Giving your brother a sexy bunny girl figure is wild ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
I'm screaming over how cute this couple is while they are half of my age...

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

203 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 12:49 PM

» BokuYaba Sweep

WraFh - Apr 9

24 by aniart_nation »»
May 28, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

349 by Alfred0098 »»
May 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

79 by Scootboi »»
May 21, 1:58 AM

» Has the english dub been announced?

middle_pickup - Jan 24

27 by SammyOldLad »»
May 19, 11:22 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.