Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 23, 3:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A very Marcille focused episode, definitely something I’ve been waiting for and it really delivered. At the start we got to see some backstory on Marcille’s school days and how she originally met Falin, she thought she knew it all until Falin revealed how important dungeons are to her goal, that scene where Falin’s candle flame exploded was great lol. And that was the start of a nice friendship, definitely makes me look forward to finally seeing Falin again in the present, if we ever do lol.

And later we saw Marcille take on what they call an “Undine”, which looked like sentient water that shoots lasers, yeah I can see why Marcille was unable to beat it lol, but the scene looked awesome and it was cool seeing Marcille in a tough fight, and thankfully the gang was able to get out of there before they got laser beamed themselves. And you know what narrowly avoiding a tragedy calls for, and that’s a barbecue lol, the gang really enjoying the meat as they kept handing a half-dead Marcille the liver was hilarious, and then the last moment where she spoke up that she wanted the other types of meat really capped off that scene nicely lol.
Feb 23, 4:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ooh Falin and Marcille coming from the same school, eh? Then they both just have the same interest around the dungeon, even though both seems to have different perspective over it. But i like this time of flashback.

Well time to move on? Just need two more blocks before reaching the red dragon, but something so unlucky happened to Marcille. Ball of water attacked her just because she poured hot-boiled water toward their territory. Very unlucky moment for sure. How the heck shall we know bunch of waters can live and even be angered over their water? Ah dungeon meshi dungeon meshi.

Thought there's no cooking part, was i wrong so much, they still have the ingredient from before hunt and decided to grill the meat! Ah dungeon meshi dungeon meshi.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 23, 9:41 PM
Mar 2015
our gril had a hard time At least they had liver which will replenish her blood
Feb 23, 11:03 PM
Sep 2021
Marcille's backstory was shown & she was given more focus this time & good animation. Overall, it was a good episode.
Feb 24, 2:40 AM
Feb 2015
Marcille is the highligh this episode, she was a honour student huh. Now she with the idiot that cook in dungeon. Maybe they thought Kerpie liver can give her recovery and iron. They need to rest and Laios sister might be the key for the team.
Feb 24, 4:17 AM

Mar 2008
Falin seems pretty observant for a close eyed character.

Marcile got screwwwed.
Feb 24, 4:35 AM

Nov 2020
So there will be a fight with the dragon soon and there are still 16 episodes left, wow, it's really interesting what direction this anime will go. The flashback with Marcille and Falin was so beautiful, I was somehow moved by the atmosphere. Wgl Falin is so cute ❤️ It's some misunderstanding that the rating of this anime hasn't exceeded 8 yet xD
Feb 24, 3:15 PM

Sep 2017
This was another great episode for Marcille. This animation this episode was slick af. Especially during the fight. I think this is the first time any real harm has come to our team. But it seems we are going to run into some old party members which will probably help out in some way.
Feb 24, 4:13 PM
May 2015
Who did the action cuts in this episode? Distinctive linework but I'm not sure I recognize it from any other Trigger show I've seen.
Feb 24, 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
Writing of this episode felt a little off to me. Especially towards the end when they go on that grilled meat tangent, then switch back to “Oh yeah, what do we do about Marcille”. Everything else was pretty cool though. My favorite was the first part of the episode with the flashback between Marcille and Falin. (6/10)
Feb 24, 10:13 PM
Oct 2019
That was cute, Marcille and Falin backstory.

I thought we not gonna be eating in this episode lol
Feb 25, 6:54 AM

Jun 2012
Looks like the show is taking a more serious turn. Looking forward for more!
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Kimurah
Meh.

I feel the author is tooting her own horn way too much. Last episode the crew already stated the balance of the dungeon self sustained ecosystem (it was also already mentioned in the golems episode) and again in today's episode half of it is presented with Marcille's soapbox declaration and Falin's flashback. In the old days it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings of the characters' that can provide them tools and sustain. I just hope the author stops being this blatant towards her audience.

Regarding Falin's flashback I'm indifferent in terms of content. But at least I do appreciatte it a lot being presented "before" a major event rather than use it exactly during a battle just for the sake of making a fight longer than it should (I consider this a terrible battle shonen trope).

I do admit that the very low animation in the early episode kinda made me think this would be an episode with a lot of static animation. Glad that this wasn't the case with the undine's battle.

This is something that I had thought from the very beginning that having no cleric and possibly no other source for healing (potions or balms) would bite the crew in the ass eventually. I bet that supah fanboy that keeps claiming they are wise experts in dungeon exploring will make up a massive asspull of an excuse to cover this.
@Kimurah

It is actually worrying on a fundamental level how desperately obsessed you are with trying to be smarter than the author (and me, lmao), while makin the silliest observations possible.

Kimurah said:
Last episode the crew already stated the balance of the dungeon self sustained ecosystem (it was also already mentioned in the golems episode) and again in today's episode half of it is presented with Marcille's soapbox declaration and Falin's flashback. In the old days it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings of the characters' that can provide them tools and sustain.

Like what does this even mean. "it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings" that's what she's doing and you're still bitching?? lmfao.

The golem episode highlighted that Senshi puts in deliberate work to maintain the dungeon; in this episode, Marcille remarks that simply being adventurers contribute to the dungeon and that they themselves are part of the ecosystem. These are two similar but very different takes on the same theme (geez, it's almost like this show is about food in a dungeon). I remmeber that you didn't understand Chilchuck's character development in the mimic episode, so it's wild to try to get mad at the author for expanding upon the themes you would certainly be too dense to get on your own.

Like you are so fucking obsessed with trying to "out" the author as a "fraud", did Ryoko Kui fuck your dad or something?

Kimurah said:
This is something that I had thought from the very beginning that having no cleric and possibly no other source for healing (potions or balms) would bite the crew in the ass eventually

The first episode made a big deal about how little supplies they have and how difficult eating monsters will be. The sorbet episode explicitly has the characters lament that everything would be easier if Falin were in the party because of her healing abilities and positive attitude.

No shit that not having a dedicated healer would make things harder. That's why they have to play it smart and make use of eating monsters to stay healthy. You didn't think shit. You were informed of this, you just refuse to pay attention.

You seem to have an extremely difficult time understanding that characters sometimes take risks, lol. "Why are they taking the riskier, but faster option in a time-sensitive mission? Why didn't they simply not lose to the dragon, like I would have???"

Also there is literally nothing stated about potions or balms. This isn't Final Fantasy, lmao.

Kimurah said:
Yes we know they are idiots who rush without taking precautions

Falin is being digested you complete tool. Did you forget about that? How do you think your critiques mean anything if you don't understand the basic premise of the story? All because, agian, you're a tool who thinks playing armchair dungeon explorer makes him a better writer than the author, lmfao.

I genuinely cannot understand why you actually, unironically think the characters facing conflict is bad writing. "duhhh, I knew being undersupplied and understaffed would mean things would be hard" Yeah???? That's what makes the fucking adventure interesting????

What do you think good writing is? You can't really think good writing is when characters make such "perfect", "I read the script" decisions that they never come into any form of trouble or conflict? Do you exclusively watch wish-fulfillment power fantasy isekai or something?

I cannot stress how genuinely stupid it is that you think if a challenge is presented in a story, the characters should fuck off and run away because that's the """smart""" thing to you. A story where either nothing happens because everyone's a little coward who won't do anything if they aren't armed with anything less than a WWII tank for a medieval dungeon or nothing interesting happens because "smart" characters read the script and are armed with WWII tanks for a medieval dungeon is what you think is "good writing".
SneasyFeb 25, 3:55 PM
Feb 25, 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Sneasy
@Kimurah

It is actually worrying on a fundamental level how desperately obsessed you are with trying to be smarter than the author (and me, lmao), while makin the silliest observations possible.

Kimurah said:
Last episode the crew already stated the balance of the dungeon self sustained ecosystem (it was also already mentioned in the golems episode) and again in today's episode half of it is presented with Marcille's soapbox declaration and Falin's flashback. In the old days it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings of the characters' that can provide them tools and sustain.

Like what does this even mean. "it would be the basic work of a writer to establish the setting and the surroundings" that's what she's doing and you're still bitching?? lmfao.

The golem episode highlighted that Senshi puts in deliberate work to maintain the dungeon; in this episode, Marcille remarks that simply being adventurers contribute to the dungeon and that they themselves are part of the ecosystem. These are two similar but very different takes on the same theme (geez, it's almost like this show is about food in a dungeon). I remmeber that you didn't understand Chilchuck's character development in the mimic episode, so it's wild to try to get mad at the author for expanding upon the themes you would certainly be too dense to get on your own.

Like you are so fucking obsessed with trying to "out" the author as a "fraud", did Ryoko Kui fuck your dad or something?

Kimurah said:
This is something that I had thought from the very beginning that having no cleric and possibly no other source for healing (potions or balms) would bite the crew in the ass eventually

The first episode made a big deal about how little supplies they have and how difficult eating monsters will be. The sorbet episode explicitly has the characters lament that everything would be easier if Falin were in the party because of her healing abilities and positive attitude.

No shit that not having a dedicated healer would make things harder. That's why they have to play it smart and make use of eating monsters to stay healthy. You didn't think shit. You were informed of this, you just refuse to pay attention.

You seem to have an extremely difficult time understanding that characters sometimes take risks, lol. "Why are they taking the riskier, but faster option in a time-sensitive mission? Why didn't they simply not lose to the dragon, like I would have???"

Also there is literally nothing stated about potions or balms. This isn't Final Fantasy, lmao.

Kimurah said:

Falin is being digested you complete tool. Did you forget about that? How do you think your critiques mean anything if you don't understand the basic premise of the story? All because, agian, you're a tool who thinks playing armchair dungeon explorer makes him a better writer than the author, lmfao.

I genuinely cannot understand why you actually, unironically think the characters facing conflict is bad writing. "duhhh, I knew being undersupplied and understaffed would mean things would be hard" Yeah???? That's what makes the fucking adventure interesting????

What do you think good writing is? You can't really think good writing is when characters make such "perfect", "I read the script" decisions that they never come into any form of trouble or conflict? Do you exclusively watch wish-fulfillment power fantasy isekai or something?

I cannot stress how genuinely stupid it is that you think if a challenge is presented in a story, the characters should fuck off and run away because that's the """smart""" thing to you. A story where either nothing happens because everyone's a little coward who won't do anything if they aren't armed with anything less than a WWII tank for a medieval dungeon or nothing interesting happens because "smart" characters read the script and are armed with WWII tanks for a medieval dungeon is what you think is "good writing".
@Sneasy

And yet you're so easily triggered to come and bark at me as soon as you feel identified on my humble writing.

If you don't even understand what I explicitly said, you're even dumber than I thought.

I already stated that it's blatant and redundant to tell the audience several times using the characters as soapboxes about how the dungeon ecosystem works several times. There's no nuance about it, it's just stroking her ego on basic level world building that most writers do, but at least other writers manage to give life to the narrative rather than creating an episodic cartoon.

Also stop white knighting the author. She doesn't know you exist and she's not losing money nor sleep because people like me isn't kissing her feet like you do.

Thank you butthurt captain obvious. Evryrone in here got all that by watching the show. You're just making the most basic level of summaries. That still counters nothing I pointed out before. They are still idiots for going unprepared on their life or death endeavour and not looking for other ways preemptively to avoid precisely these hazards that will slow them down further. Just like a dad that tells their kids to buckle their seatbelts when they drive out, I'm not saying they should go in and crash a car, I'm saying that being prepared will give them the best chances on succeeding.

Funny that you bark at me for them taking a faster route in a TIME SENSITIVE MISSION, despite them still crawling at snail pace with very little sense of urgency. Sounds like you're contradticting your previous angry rants.

Okay mr fanboy. That only makes this world's building cheaper and contrived. if their only way to do proper dungeon runs is to have a dedicated healer that makes their suceed rate even lower if their healer gets wiped out.

Also balms don't need to be magical smartass, they could serve to heal basic infections, minor wounds or other ailments, same with herb patches. Are you going to tell me that if anyone on the surface has any minor injuries they should go straight out to a healer to treat them? That's some really contrived world building.

And whose fault is that she's being eaten by a dragon? It's their stupid captain Laios that didn't think ahead and should have made a retreat after they lost their supplies wagon and were almost dying of starvation. That's the evidence of them being idiots and also evidence of contrived writing because the writer didn't know how to craft a conflict without making her characters complete morons.

Never said that creating coflict is bad wrting. You're creating false narrative out of pure butthurt and grasping straws.

Contrived writing that makes characters think in a short sighted way (as in there's only one and only one solution for a conflict) does fall into bad writing.

Now you're being hyperbolic and strawmaning my previous statements for pure clowning. Good writing comes from making the characters aware or at least be reasonable. Not saying this show has terrible writing because I've seen way way worse, but it certainly does incline into making all of them complete idiots when it comes to gather their resources to move on and they certainly fall on "dumb luck" more than often (catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes, killing a mimic with a trap door, getting sympathy from cold blood muderer orcs) For instance there's the incident with the living pictures, where they had no evidence that they could send in Laios to get food and retrieving him with just a rope without him getting trapped and thus making them one man less crew, making the "rescue mission" a bigger haphazard.

Also the fact that you are again creating strawmen about me watching wish fulfillment and power fantasy isekai is hilarious and ignorant, because you know nothing about me (aside that i don't love your favorite manga/anime adpatation), you're just mad dogging me because I don't suck the authors feet on a show you're obviously too drunk and expect everyone else to love it unconditionally.

I doubt an ignorant like you that only watches anime and reads manga would watch movies, specially WWII movies. But for instance, Saving Private Ryan did make this message very clear throught the movie, avoid most engages with the nazies and focus on finding Ryan first and foremost. Otherwise it would cause casualties on your company (and it did) they didn't have a healer nor a cleric that would resurrect them.

Even this season's hidden gems like The Weakest Tamer and even a power fantasy like The Unwanted Undead Adventurer provide the same message about avoiding battles head on and surviving to see another day.
KimurahFeb 25, 6:56 PM
Feb 26, 6:33 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Kimurah
@Sneasy

And yet you're so easily triggered to come and bark at me as soon as you feel identified on my humble writing.

If you don't even understand what I explicitly said, you're even dumber than I thought.

I already stated that it's blatant and redundant to tell the audience several times using the characters as soapboxes about how the dungeon ecosystem works several times. There's no nuance about it, it's just stroking her ego on basic level world building that most writers do, but at least other writers manage to give life to the narrative rather than creating an episodic cartoon.

Also stop white knighting the author. She doesn't know you exist and she's not losing money nor sleep because people like me isn't kissing her feet like you do.

Thank you butthurt captain obvious. Evryrone in here got all that by watching the show. You're just making the most basic level of summaries. That still counters nothing I pointed out before. They are still idiots for going unprepared on their life or death endeavour and not looking for other ways preemptively to avoid precisely these hazards that will slow them down further. Just like a dad that tells their kids to buckle their seatbelts when they drive out, I'm not saying they should go in and crash a car, I'm saying that being prepared will give them the best chances on succeeding.

Funny that you bark at me for them taking a faster route in a TIME SENSITIVE MISSION, despite them still crawling at snail pace with very little sense of urgency. Sounds like you're contradticting your previous angry rants.

Okay mr fanboy. That only makes this world's building cheaper and contrived. if their only way to do proper dungeon runs is to have a dedicated healer that makes their suceed rate even lower if their healer gets wiped out.

Also balms don't need to be magical smartass, they could serve to heal basic infections, minor wounds or other ailments, same with herb patches. Are you going to tell me that if anyone on the surface has any minor injuries they should go straight out to a healer to treat them? That's some really contrived world building.

And whose fault is that she's being eaten by a dragon? It's their stupid captain Laios that didn't think ahead and should have made a retreat after they lost their supplies wagon and were almost dying of starvation. That's the evidence of them being idiots and also evidence of contrived writing because the writer didn't know how to craft a conflict without making her characters complete morons.

Never said that creating coflict is bad wrting. You're creating false narrative out of pure butthurt and grasping straws.

Contrived writing that makes characters think in a short sighted way (as in there's only one and only one solution for a conflict) does fall into bad writing.

Now you're being hyperbolic and strawmaning my previous statements for pure clowning. Good writing comes from making the characters aware or at least be reasonable. Not saying this show has terrible writing because I've seen way way worse, but it certainly does incline into making all of them complete idiots when it comes to gather their resources to move on and they certainly fall on "dumb luck" more than often (catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes, killing a mimic with a trap door, getting sympathy from cold blood muderer orcs) For instance there's the incident with the living pictures, where they had no evidence that they could send in Laios to get food and retrieving him with just a rope without him getting trapped and thus making them one man less crew, making the "rescue mission" a bigger haphazard.

Also the fact that you are again creating strawmen about me watching wish fulfillment and power fantasy isekai is hilarious and ignorant, because you know nothing about me (aside that i don't love your favorite manga/anime adpatation), you're just mad dogging me because I don't suck the authors feet on a show you're obviously too drunk and expect everyone else to love it unconditionally.

I doubt an ignorant like you that only watches anime and reads manga would watch movies, specially WWII movies. But for instance, Saving Private Ryan did make this message very clear throught the movie, avoid most engages with the nazies and focus on finding Ryan first and foremost. Otherwise it would cause casualties on your company (and it did) they didn't have a healer nor a cleric that would resurrect them.

Even this season's hidden gems like The Weakest Tamer and even a power fantasy like The Unwanted Undead Adventurer provide the same message about avoiding battles head on and surviving to see another day.
@Kimurah

Kimurah said:

I didn't even reply to the thread and you were already crying about "fanboys", lmao.

Kimurah said:
I already stated that it's blatant and redundant to tell the audience several times using the characters as soapboxes about how the dungeon ecosystem works several times.

No it isn't, you dumbass, especially when the information we keep getting is different.

Kimurah said:
There's no nuance about it, it's just stroking her ego on basic level world building that most writers do, but at least other writers manage to give life to the narrative rather than creating an episodic cartoon.

Why are you personally offended that the author likes writing about food and dungeons? How fragile are you? How does the worldbuilding not give life to the narrative? The story is about the dungeon, so how is information about the dungeon pointless?

Oh, okay, so you're just a misogynistic little incel who is mad that a female author has a rousing success. I've seen how you shitpost about other anime but you never go after the author's throat like you do with Delicious in Dungeon.

That on top of crying about "Karens" (you're not even using the word right... if anything, you are the Karen!) it's pretty clear why this woman talking about things makes you angry, lmao.

"The author isn't noticing you" The author doesn't give a shit about your 4chan-style "critique" either.

Kimurah said:
Thank you butthurt captain obvious.

It is obvious, but you're dumb enough to think you came up with it on your own?

Kimurah said:
Evryrone in here got all that by watching the show.

Then why are you acting like you made an intelligent observation, dumbass? lmfao. "I knew that being undersupplied would make things harder!" Yeah, that's what they told you.

Kimurah said:
They are still idiots for going unprepared on their life or death endeavour and not looking for other ways preemptively to avoid precisely these hazards that will slow them down further.

Any time wasted on getting supplies means Falin is closer to being gone forever, idiot.

Kimurah said:
Funny that you bark at me for them taking a faster route in a TIME SENSITIVE MISSION, despite them still crawling at snail pace with very little sense of urgency.

The very reason why they're cooking and preparing monsters is because 1) getting food from a shop takes too long and 2) they could run out, things that aren't a problem when you are cooking the monsters you fight. What they're doing is objectively faster than normal.

You're crying about "sense of urgency" (because you're too dumb to understand what isn't explicitly told to you) and then you call them dumb for not wasting their time getting epic-level equipment because you think this is a literal video game.

Pick a critique.

Kimurah said:

How the fuck is it contrived that there are actual stakes to constantly fighting monsters and diving into unknown territory??? Why do you genuinely hate the idea of conflict, risk, and tension? Are you stupid?

You are actually mad that there is weight to their actions and consequences??? How is it contrived that there are stakes, you cannot actually be this fucking stupid? You genuinely think good writing is when characters only do objectively good things with as little consequence (or effort, or cleverness) as possible.

Kimurah said:
Also balms don't need to be magical smartass, they could serve to heal basic infections, minor wounds or other ailments, same with herb patches.

You mean like eating iron- and protein-rich monsters to heal Marcille, like they literally did in this episode you clearly didn't watch?

So making lemonade out of the lemon dungeon is stupid, and the smart thing to do is somehow magically get the money to buy all the lemonade from the lemonade store?

You are actually mad that the characters are being clever with what they have instead of literally buying an instant-win or anti-death item?

Kimurah said:
It's their stupid captain Laios that didn't think ahead and should have made a retreat after they lost their supplies wagon and were almost dying of starvation.

It's actually insane that you think "if things are in any way difficult, the characters just shouldn't try and they should give up in advance or they're stupid" is the hallmark of good, engaging writing. You genuinely despise conflict, tension, basic storytelling.

They are fucking adventurers and you think they shouldn't fight dragons unless it's easy (hint: it's never fucking easy, it's a dragon).

Kimurah said:
That's the evidence of them being idiots and also evidence of contrived writing because the writer didn't know how to craft a conflict without making her characters complete morons.

Durr herp, losing a fight to a fucking dragon is contrived writing, lmao.

Kimurah said:
Never said that creating coflict is bad wrting.

You literally said the line before that losing a fight to a dragon makes the characters stupid and the plot contrived. You're just too dumb to understand your own critique.

Kimurah said:
Contrived writing that makes characters think in a short sighted way

No it isn't, lmfao. Only teenagers think that it's contrived when characters act like actual people and not tools for the narrative. Same people who think CinemaSins is valid critique.

Kimurah said:
Good writing comes from making the characters aware or at least be reasonable.

Your idea of reasonable is stupid; you think that characters should be aware of their setting as you are, a third-party observer, and not as characters in the actual setting. You also think taking risks is "unreasonable".

Kimurah said:
they certainly fall on "dumb luck" more than often (catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes, killing a mimic with a trap door, getting sympathy from cold blood muderer orcs)

Literally none of that is dumb luck.

How is finding a BAT IN A DUNGEON "dumb luck"? What do you fucking think a dungeon is populated by??? How is that even lucky? Marcille nearly died trying to use a bat to hunt a mandrake, and Senshi ALREADY HAD A PERFECTLY FINE AND HARMLESS HUNTING METHOD, dumbass! You don't even understand why she did it, but you call it "dumb luck"?

Wait, no, I just re-read that, and it's even dumber. "catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes" No, you dumb fuck, Marcille caught the giant bat in order to hunt the mandrakes. How did you fuck this up? Is your argument actually that them getting the bat for food is "dumb luck" and not something they actively tried?

Marcille used a bat because her method requires an animal to die and she didn't feel bad about a bat dying. Even if her plan went off without a hitch, they would still have giant bat to eat because it would still die to athe mandrake.

Killing the mimic with a trap door isn't dumb luck either???? How is using the environment to defeat an enemy dumb luck???? Especially when the trap door trapped Chilchuck to begin with! The mimic died because it was chasing Chilchuck out of the room. It stepped on the very stone that activated the trap. How is it dumb luck, idiot?

The orcs sparing the party isn't dumb luck. Senshi, who literally lives in the dungeon, is acquainted with them, which makes perfect sense because otherwise he would already be killed by them. Even still, what saves them is cooking, y'know, the premise of the show?

Kimurah said:
For instance there's the incident with the living pictures, where they had no evidence that they could send in Laios to get food and retrieving him with just a rope without him getting trapped and thus making them one man less crew, making the "rescue mission" a bigger haphazard.

They constantly complained that Laios' plan was stupid, but they had to actually try because they were literally hungry. There's no reason to actually think it won't work unless they try, a notion you seem to despise. Again, here's your disdain for conflict and taking risks because you're one of those stupid people who think they're smart because they only think about things in hindsight and think cowardice is intelligence.

Always the idiot with a "why didn't they do x" after the fact or from hundreds of miles away when everyone knows you would have shat yourself if you ever stepped foot in a dungeon.

Kimurah said:
you're just mad dogging me because I don't suck the authors feet on a show you're obviously too drunk and expect everyone else to love it unconditionally.

You are so desperate to be a victim it's crazy. You blast your vomit in every thread and get mad that people disagree.

Kimurah said:
But for instance, Saving Private Ryan did make this message very clear throught the movie, avoid most engages with the nazies and focus on finding Ryan first and foremost. Otherwise it would cause casualties on your company (and it did) they didn't have a healer nor a cleric that would resurrect them.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything I said

What the fuck does Saving Private Ryan has anything to do with Delicious in Dungeon? Did you take me facetiously bringing up WWII tanks and conclude that actually Delicious in Dungeon should have tanks for your dumbass "characters should never do anything that doesn't outsmart the script" ramble?

If there were a Saving Private Ryan thread here, you'd be complaining about how the soldiers are dumb for fighting a war instead of running away, lmfao.

Kimurah said:

I like how you went on a speil about how claiming you watch nothing but wish fulfillment and power fantasy is wrong and then your counterargument is some isekai about "weak" adventurers who are actually secretly awesome. Thank you for proving my point, lmfao.
SneasyFeb 26, 6:49 AM
Feb 26, 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to Sneasy
@Kimurah

Kimurah said:

I didn't even reply to the thread and you were already crying about "fanboys", lmao.

Kimurah said:
I already stated that it's blatant and redundant to tell the audience several times using the characters as soapboxes about how the dungeon ecosystem works several times.

No it isn't, you dumbass, especially when the information we keep getting is different.

Kimurah said:
There's no nuance about it, it's just stroking her ego on basic level world building that most writers do, but at least other writers manage to give life to the narrative rather than creating an episodic cartoon.

Why are you personally offended that the author likes writing about food and dungeons? How fragile are you? How does the worldbuilding not give life to the narrative? The story is about the dungeon, so how is information about the dungeon pointless?

Oh, okay, so you're just a misogynistic little incel who is mad that a female author has a rousing success. I've seen how you shitpost about other anime but you never go after the author's throat like you do with Delicious in Dungeon.

That on top of crying about "Karens" (you're not even using the word right... if anything, you are the Karen!) it's pretty clear why this woman talking about things makes you angry, lmao.

"The author isn't noticing you" The author doesn't give a shit about your 4chan-style "critique" either.

Kimurah said:
Thank you butthurt captain obvious.

It is obvious, but you're dumb enough to think you came up with it on your own?

Kimurah said:
Evryrone in here got all that by watching the show.

Then why are you acting like you made an intelligent observation, dumbass? lmfao. "I knew that being undersupplied would make things harder!" Yeah, that's what they told you.

Kimurah said:
They are still idiots for going unprepared on their life or death endeavour and not looking for other ways preemptively to avoid precisely these hazards that will slow them down further.

Any time wasted on getting supplies means Falin is closer to being gone forever, idiot.

Kimurah said:
Funny that you bark at me for them taking a faster route in a TIME SENSITIVE MISSION, despite them still crawling at snail pace with very little sense of urgency.

The very reason why they're cooking and preparing monsters is because 1) getting food from a shop takes too long and 2) they could run out, things that aren't a problem when you are cooking the monsters you fight. What they're doing is objectively faster than normal.

You're crying about "sense of urgency" (because you're too dumb to understand what isn't explicitly told to you) and then you call them dumb for not wasting their time getting epic-level equipment because you think this is a literal video game.

Pick a critique.

Kimurah said:

How the fuck is it contrived that there are actual stakes to constantly fighting monsters and diving into unknown territory??? Why do you genuinely hate the idea of conflict, risk, and tension? Are you stupid?

You are actually mad that there is weight to their actions and consequences??? How is it contrived that there are stakes, you cannot actually be this fucking stupid? You genuinely think good writing is when characters only do objectively good things with as little consequence (or effort, or cleverness) as possible.

Kimurah said:
Also balms don't need to be magical smartass, they could serve to heal basic infections, minor wounds or other ailments, same with herb patches.

You mean like eating iron- and protein-rich monsters to heal Marcille, like they literally did in this episode you clearly didn't watch?

So making lemonade out of the lemon dungeon is stupid, and the smart thing to do is somehow magically get the money to buy all the lemonade from the lemonade store?

You are actually mad that the characters are being clever with what they have instead of literally buying an instant-win or anti-death item?

Kimurah said:
It's their stupid captain Laios that didn't think ahead and should have made a retreat after they lost their supplies wagon and were almost dying of starvation.

It's actually insane that you think "if things are in any way difficult, the characters just shouldn't try and they should give up in advance or they're stupid" is the hallmark of good, engaging writing. You genuinely despise conflict, tension, basic storytelling.

They are fucking adventurers and you think they shouldn't fight dragons unless it's easy (hint: it's never fucking easy, it's a dragon).

Kimurah said:
That's the evidence of them being idiots and also evidence of contrived writing because the writer didn't know how to craft a conflict without making her characters complete morons.

Kimurah said:
Never said that creating coflict is bad wrting.

You literally said the line before that losing a fight to a dragon makes the characters stupid and the plot contrived. You're just too dumb to understand your own critique.

Kimurah said:
Contrived writing that makes characters think in a short sighted way

No it isn't, lmfao. Only teenagers think that it's contrived when characters act like actual people and not tools for the narrative. Same people who think CinemaSins is valid critique.

Kimurah said:
Good writing comes from making the characters aware or at least be reasonable.

Your idea of reasonable is stupid; you think that characters should be aware of their setting as you are, a third-party observer, and not as characters in the actual setting. You also think taking risks is "unreasonable".

Kimurah said:
they certainly fall on "dumb luck" more than often (catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes, killing a mimic with a trap door, getting sympathy from cold blood muderer orcs)

How is finding a BAT IN A DUNGEON "dumb luck"? What do you fucking think a dungeon is populated by??? How is that even lucky? Marcille nearly died trying to use a bat to hunt a mandrake, and Senshi ALREADY HAD A PERFECTLY FINE AND HARMLESS HUNTING METHOD, dumbass! You don't even understand why she did it, but you call it "dumb luck"?

Wait, no, I just re-read that, and it's even dumber. "catching a giant bat by hunting mandrakes" No, you dumb fuck, Marcille caught the giant bat in order to hunt the mandrakes. How did you fuck this up? Is your argument actually that them getting the bat for food is "dumb luck" and not something they actively tried?

Marcille used a bat because her method requires an animal to die and she didn't feel bad about a bat dying. Even if her plan went off without a hitch, they would still have giant bat to eat because it would still die to athe mandrake.

Killing the mimic with a trap door isn't dumb luck either???? How is using the environment to defeat an enemy dumb luck???? Especially when the trap door trapped Chilchuck to begin with! The mimic died because it was chasing Chilchuck out of the room. It stepped on the very stone that activated the trap. How is it dumb luck, idiot?

The orcs sparing the party isn't dumb luck. Senshi, who literally lives in the dungeon, is acquainted with them, which makes perfect sense because otherwise he would already be killed by them. Even still, what saves them is cooking, y'know, the premise of the show?

Kimurah said:
For instance there's the incident with the living pictures, where they had no evidence that they could send in Laios to get food and retrieving him with just a rope without him getting trapped and thus making them one man less crew, making the "rescue mission" a bigger haphazard.

They constantly complained that Laios' plan was stupid, but they had to actually try because they were literally hungry. There's no reason to actually think it won't work unless they try, a notion you seem to despise. Again, here's your disdain for conflict and taking risks because you're one of those stupid people who think they're smart because they only think about things in hindsight and think cowardice is intelligence.

Always the idiot with a "why didn't they do x" after the fact or from hundreds of miles away when everyone knows you would have shat yourself if you ever stepped foot in a dungeon.

Kimurah said:
you're just mad dogging me because I don't suck the authors feet on a show you're obviously too drunk and expect everyone else to love it unconditionally.

You are so desperate to be a victim it's crazy. You blast your vomit in every thread and get mad that people disagree.

Kimurah said:
But for instance, Saving Private Ryan did make this message very clear throught the movie, avoid most engages with the nazies and focus on finding Ryan first and foremost. Otherwise it would cause casualties on your company (and it did) they didn't have a healer nor a cleric that would resurrect them.

What the fuck does Saving Private Ryan has anything to do with Delicious in Dungeon? Did you take me facetiously bringing up WWII tanks and conclude that actually Delicious in Dungeon should have tanks for your dumbass "characters should never do anything that doesn't outsmart the script" ramble?

If there were a Saving Private Ryan thread here, you'd be complaining about how the soldiers are dumb for fighting a war instead of running away, lmfao.

Kimurah said:

I like how you went on a speil about how claiming you watch nothing but wish fulfillment and power fantasy is wrong and then your counterargument is some isekai about "weak" adventurers who are actually secretly awesome. Thank you for proving my point, lmfao.
@Sneasy I'd not bother arguing anymore. Look at the guy's post history. He's either a troll or someone that huffs his own CinemaSins-tier pseudo-intellectual "critique". I lean toward the former given his posts and arguments all follow the same pattern:

1. "Criticize" a show while either getting information wrong enough to make it questionable, or completely disparage common writing techniques.

2. People reasonably get annoyed and argue.

3. Call them "karens" or "fanboys" and repeat the errors in step 1.

Just ignore and move on.
Feb 26, 7:26 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Quality_Grapes
@Sneasy I'd not bother arguing anymore. Look at the guy's post history. He's either a troll or someone that huffs his own CinemaSins-tier pseudo-intellectual "critique". I lean toward the former given his posts and arguments all follow the same pattern:

1. "Criticize" a show while either getting information wrong enough to make it questionable, or completely disparage common writing techniques.

2. People reasonably get annoyed and argue.

3. Call them "karens" or "fanboys" and repeat the errors in step 1.

Just ignore and move on.
@Quality_Grapes

I know, but it's kind of fun tearing into him. I wish you can ignore/block people here, though.
Feb 26, 7:31 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to Sneasy
@Quality_Grapes

I know, but it's kind of fun tearing into him. I wish you can ignore/block people here, though.
@Sneasy If you click the "... More" on someone's post, there's an option to ignore which hides their posts from your feed.

I just did that once I saw him post in these threads about how foreshadowing isn't a valid writing technique lmao. You can tell there's not much point in engaging with someone when they post takes like that.
Feb 26, 4:36 PM
Jul 2023
Somebody please tell me that I’m not the only one who’s having this annoying narrator
Did I just get a different version of the episode? Literally making the episode feel unwatchable
Feb 27, 12:46 PM

May 2019
With the backstory between how Marcille and Falin met I really want to see Falin more so hopefully they'll get to rescue/resurrect her soon (I believe they said they were about 2 days away from reaching the dragon).

While Marcille did get hurt fighting that water monster she got enough energy to demand other meat than just liver lol.
Feb 27, 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Sneasy
@Quality_Grapes

@Sneasy Looking at the date of the comment I'd say it's too late to say this but don't waste your breath on that clown. Not the first, nor the last thread where he foams from his mouth trying to prove how the story he's mentally incapable of understanding is bad. Dude's obsessed with proving to his imaginary friends how he has superior taste and is literally the only person (when engaging in an argument) who allegedly can know what "good writing" is.
He's an Olympic champion when it comes to mental gymnastics.
To be serious though, that guy's obtuse with comprehension skills of a toddler. I mean I once argued with him about something incredibly basic. A detail the story basically spoon-feeds the audience, but this specimen kept drooling and shaking head in denial. If you say 2+2=4, he'd call you a Karen and a fanboy (limited dictionary on his part as usual). Just save your time and ignore. Arguing with an idiot is never productive.
Feb 27, 4:00 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Sneasy
@Kimurah

Kimurah said:

Kimurah said:

Kimurah said:

@Sneasy I like this post.
Feb 29, 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Close call with the undine.
Feb 29, 12:13 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
@Sneasy Looking at the date of the comment I'd say it's too late to say this but don't waste your breath on that clown. Not the first, nor the last thread where he foams from his mouth trying to prove how the story he's mentally incapable of understanding is bad. Dude's obsessed with proving to his imaginary friends how he has superior taste and is literally the only person (when engaging in an argument) who allegedly can know what "good writing" is.
He's an Olympic champion when it comes to mental gymnastics.
To be serious though, that guy's obtuse with comprehension skills of a toddler. I mean I once argued with him about something incredibly basic. A detail the story basically spoon-feeds the audience, but this specimen kept drooling and shaking head in denial. If you say 2+2=4, he'd call you a Karen and a fanboy (limited dictionary on his part as usual). Just save your time and ignore. Arguing with an idiot is never productive.
@Sigmar-Unberogen

I see that my old faithful mutt is still angry and just cowardly keeps gossiping about me with other people for cheap validation.

Not that I expected better from you anyways, you always went out for cheap blows and strawman rather than actually debunk my statements.
KimurahFeb 29, 1:17 PM
Feb 29, 1:10 PM

Dec 2016
@Sneasy

Sneasy said:

Yet you still came in a hurry to bark at me because that's the only thing you do in this board.

Sneasy said:

It's exactly the same RANT about a self sustained enviroment. For real, you're trying so hard to demonstrate nothing with silly empty words.

Sneasy said:

See, this is your lousy defense any 5 year old uses, making false narratives and doing mental gymnastics as a retort. I'm not offended neither by the author's preferences nor your baby tantrums. The author can write whatever she wants. I can choose not to find her over excessively world building as interesting as actual character and story development like other pieces of fictions do.

Sneasy said:

More strawmen and butthurt tactics. Your poor ignorant little brain doesn't even understand what the words incel nor misogynistic means and you can't even create any kind of evidence to sustain your cheap slander.

Regarding towards her success I couldn't care any less. Good for her on selling mid fiction to the idiots. I know I also would do that if I would find the right chumps.

Sneasy said:

By all means, lecture us how the word Karen works. But then again your reputation as teacher is down on the drain when you don't even understand simple words like incel or mysogyny.
You're just throwing them around for cheap butthurt theatrics.

Sneasy said:
The author isn't noticing you" The author doesn't give a shit about your 4chan-style "critique" either.

Yes, it works both ways. The author doesn't know neither you nor me exists, so there's no point in you to white knight for her and my criticism doesn't hurt her either. I pointed that in my previous post.

Sneasy said:

Because it was an observation nobody made before. Good lord, your 5 year old tantrums have no weight at all.

Sneasy said:

They are already waisting time by doing a harder route without a healer and provisions. This is simple risk management (something an ignorant with the smarts of an elementary schooler like you wouldn't know)

Going fully prepared would minimize the risks and would help them clear floors way faster. A week of preparation (asking for credit on supplies stores or getting a loan from big shots) and hiring a healer would do a massive difference in their progress that would easily compensate that week. The way they are doing their dungeon run is going with the minimal equipment/resources and waiting for luck to shine on their path (getting help from other healer party).

Sneasy said:

Pick a critique.

They could do both, get supplies and also pick resources from the dungeon, it doesn't have to be either one or the other. Getting both gives them the best chances of
survival.

Sneasy said:

Episode 9 already proved that if your party is carrying a healer they can resurrect you right on the spot and lose nothing (time, nor resources). That lowers the stakes to minimum.

Sneasy said:

Healing their wounds that were created by a magical being that pierced Marceille thru and thru by eating iron enriched foods sounds more ridiculous than
using medicine items that would at the very least prevent complications by sepsis. Also I never said they would get magical money (more cheap strawmen from your 5 year old mind)
The adult thing was from the very get go get a loan or sign an IOU with people running a supply store. We know this world still operated on IOUs since Namari also does dungeon runs in order to pay her late bills.

Sneasy said:

There's a massive difference between adventurers and suicidal idiots. We've been thru this topic several times.

Sneasy said:

It is contrived when there were MORE SENSIBLE OPTIONS before getting there. The characters just were lead there out of contrived wirting in order to
create a conflict to go for the classic "heroes' journey". All I'm saying is that there could had been a more thoghtful origin for the initial conflict for the expected heroes' journey

Sneasy said:

CREATING A SENSIBLE CONFLICT. Going full suicidal towards a dragon despite all the warnings they got by losing their supplies isn't sensible at all.

Sneasy said:

They aren't acting like actual people (or probably they are, just not rational people). Their endeavour from the very beginning was a suicide run on low resources and expect luck to get more resources from the dungeon.

Sneasy said:

Taking risks IS UNREASONABLE. But it's something a 5 year old that probably has never worked in their life wouldn't understand.

Sneasy said:

You are literally describing what dumb luck stands for. Preparing a trap to hunt A pray, get a better B pray by mere luck. Marcille's plan wasn't to hunt a bat, it was to hunt/harvest a mandrake with an unorthodox plan.
For real, I would advise to read your own verbal diahrrea, but you're already so dumbfounded and biased towards the author's writing that even if she created a magical turd that would save their day you would believe it just because she wrote it. That's why I call you a fanboy, you'll side with the author and kiss her feet (metaphorically) no matter what.

Sneasy said:

Chilchuk ran in circles without an actual plan to get rid of the mimic. The mimic was killed by coincidence by the door trap. That my ignorant and delusional friend IS DUMB LUCK.

Sneasy said:

Their plan didn't work, and it didn't provide actual food/nourishment for anyone in the party. It was a total waste of time for the party (not for the lampshding though).
Funny you keep saying that their time is precious but they keep going on "uncharted waters" when they should be playing it safe.

Sneasy said:

You're doing exactly that. That's pure hypocrisy.

Sneasy said:

It's called an analogy. An ignorant 5 year old like you wouldn't understand.

Sneasy said:

Yeah, keep thinking that you're somehow winning an argument on pure slander and delusions. Also I watch around 20 shows per season that cover all kinds of genres/demographics, not just isekai as you imply without any kind of evidence (just butthurt slander). I mentioned those 2 in particular because both shows had that particular mottif about SURVIVAL.

Sneasy said:

Your mental delusions are worrisome. You should really seek profesional mental help.

KimurahFeb 29, 1:43 PM
Feb 29, 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Kimurah
@Sigmar-Unberogen

I see that my old faithful mutt is still angry and just cowardly keeps gossiping about me with other people for cheap validation.

Not that I expected better from you anyways, you always went out for cheap blows and strawman rather than actually debunk my statements.
@Kimurah Thought your resolve at ignoring me was adamant; guess someone's feeling lonely!
Cheap validation is your entire existence my friend, let's be real here. Not that I expected better from you anyways. You always go out for mental gymnastics over the most trivial things and continuously make it evident how full of shit you are.

I guess you enjoy being ridiculed over and over again, by more and more new people. Not that you'd figure out being a clown in million years though. That's how special you are. Arguing with you is like asking a drunk guy if they're drunk when they're sitting in their own vomit with a bottle of bourbon in hand. What's funnier is the same drunkard will call everyone a Karen or a rabid fanboy whenever they utter words like "damn, this guy's totally drunk!"

P.S Don't quote me again; especially after weeks and months, we crossed that bridge and know why you do it. If you want salvation however, do the following: Get a life. You're not impressing anyone here with your self-defined "master criticism", except for phantoms maybe. Every time you get any attention is when someone slips on your vomit and gets frustrated over drunkard's nonsensical mumbling. 1000+ watched anime clearly isn't helping your mental health either. FFS, do realize that people on forums can't help you get better. Seek professional help!
Feb 29, 1:34 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
@Kimurah Thought your resolve at ignoring me was adamant; guess someone's feeling lonely!
Cheap validation is your entire existence my friend, let's be real here. Not that I expected better from you anyways. You always go out for mental gymnastics over the most trivial things and continuously make it evident how full of shit you are.

I guess you enjoy being ridiculed over and over again, by more and more new people. Not that you'd figure out being a clown in million years though. That's how special you are. Arguing with you is like asking a drunk guy if they're drunk when they're sitting in their own vomit with a bottle of bourbon in hand. What's funnier is the same drunkard will call everyone a Karen or a rabid fanboy whenever they utter words like "damn, this guy's totally drunk!"

P.S Don't quote me again; especially after weeks and months, we crossed that bridge and know why you do it. If you want salvation however, do the following: Get a life. You're not impressing anyone here with your self-defined "master criticism", except for phantoms maybe. Every time you get any attention is when someone slips on your vomit and gets frustrated over drunkard's nonsensical mumbling. 1000+ watched anime clearly isn't helping your mental health either. FFS, do realize that people on forums can't help you get better. Seek professional help!
@Sigmar-Unberogen

Validation from who? Please summon these other people I seek validation from with my wild takes in the forum. I couldn't care if I was the only one with wild ideas and a high bar on writing that despises cheap writing/coincidences. You on the other hand have been doing that "gossiping" on others and advising them to ignore me. That is called validation.

I stopped paying attention to you on the Helck thread because it was just beating on a dead horse. And that was what? 2 seasons ago? Please don't make yourself the important one here, since I haven't seek for your attention in all this time.

I don't care being mocked by people. The way I see it most rants like yours and other people's rants are on the same level of Trump's mental gymnastics.

Also, I don't come here to impress anyone with "master criticsm". I know I have a high bar and don't expect others to align with it, which reinforces my stance that I don't come in here for validation, unlike you do. Sounds to me like you're projecting yourself.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
If you want salvation however, do the following: Get a life.

The no-lifer mal user with almost 6k posts since 2013 says I should get a life? What a JOKE. You should open a dictionary once in a while and search for words like IRONY. Should I also state that you were expecting my replies to be witin minutes after you posted your angry rants, but most of the time I had better things to do with my life so I postponed them for a week.

Funny you had to check on my profile to see I have more than 1000 watched shows under my belt, which I never used as some sort of leverage for any of the debates with you or anyone in here.
KimurahFeb 29, 1:53 PM
Feb 29, 4:04 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Kimurah
@Sneasy

Sneasy said:

Yet you still came in a hurry to bark at me because that's the only thing you do in this board.

Sneasy said:

It's exactly the same RANT about a self sustained enviroment. For real, you're trying so hard to demonstrate nothing with silly empty words.

Sneasy said:

See, this is your lousy defense any 5 year old uses, making false narratives and doing mental gymnastics as a retort. I'm not offended neither by the author's preferences nor your baby tantrums. The author can write whatever she wants. I can choose not to find her over excessively world building as interesting as actual character and story development like other pieces of fictions do.

Sneasy said:

More strawmen and butthurt tactics. Your poor ignorant little brain doesn't even understand what the words incel nor misogynistic means and you can't even create any kind of evidence to sustain your cheap slander.

Regarding towards her success I couldn't care any less. Good for her on selling mid fiction to the idiots. I know I also would do that if I would find the right chumps.

Sneasy said:

By all means, lecture us how the word Karen works. But then again your reputation as teacher is down on the drain when you don't even understand simple words like incel or mysogyny.
You're just throwing them around for cheap butthurt theatrics.

Sneasy said:
The author isn't noticing you" The author doesn't give a shit about your 4chan-style "critique" either.

Yes, it works both ways. The author doesn't know neither you nor me exists, so there's no point in you to white knight for her and my criticism doesn't hurt her either. I pointed that in my previous post.

Sneasy said:

Because it was an observation nobody made before. Good lord, your 5 year old tantrums have no weight at all.

Sneasy said:

They are already waisting time by doing a harder route without a healer and provisions. This is simple risk management (something an ignorant with the smarts of an elementary schooler like you wouldn't know)

Going fully prepared would minimize the risks and would help them clear floors way faster. A week of preparation (asking for credit on supplies stores or getting a loan from big shots) and hiring a healer would do a massive difference in their progress that would easily compensate that week. The way they are doing their dungeon run is going with the minimal equipment/resources and waiting for luck to shine on their path (getting help from other healer party).

Sneasy said:

Pick a critique.

They could do both, get supplies and also pick resources from the dungeon, it doesn't have to be either one or the other. Getting both gives them the best chances of
survival.

Sneasy said:

Episode 9 already proved that if your party is carrying a healer they can resurrect you right on the spot and lose nothing (time, nor resources). That lowers the stakes to minimum.

Sneasy said:

Healing their wounds that were created by a magical being that pierced Marceille thru and thru by eating iron enriched foods sounds more ridiculous than
using medicine items that would at the very least prevent complications by sepsis. Also I never said they would get magical money (more cheap strawmen from your 5 year old mind)
The adult thing was from the very get go get a loan or sign an IOU with people running a supply store. We know this world still operated on IOUs since Namari also does dungeon runs in order to pay her late bills.

Sneasy said:

There's a massive difference between adventurers and suicidal idiots. We've been thru this topic several times.

Sneasy said:

It is contrived when there were MORE SENSIBLE OPTIONS before getting there. The characters just were lead there out of contrived wirting in order to
create a conflict to go for the classic "heroes' journey". All I'm saying is that there could had been a more thoghtful origin for the initial conflict for the expected heroes' journey

Sneasy said:

CREATING A SENSIBLE CONFLICT. Going full suicidal towards a dragon despite all the warnings they got by losing their supplies isn't sensible at all.

Sneasy said:

They aren't acting like actual people (or probably they are, just not rational people). Their endeavour from the very beginning was a suicide run on low resources and expect luck to get more resources from the dungeon.

Sneasy said:

Taking risks IS UNREASONABLE. But it's something a 5 year old that probably has never worked in their life wouldn't understand.

Sneasy said:

You are literally describing what dumb luck stands for. Preparing a trap to hunt A pray, get a better B pray by mere luck. Marcille's plan wasn't to hunt a bat, it was to hunt/harvest a mandrake with an unorthodox plan.
For real, I would advise to read your own verbal diahrrea, but you're already so dumbfounded and biased towards the author's writing that even if she created a magical turd that would save their day you would believe it just because she wrote it. That's why I call you a fanboy, you'll side with the author and kiss her feet (metaphorically) no matter what.

Sneasy said:

Chilchuk ran in circles without an actual plan to get rid of the mimic. The mimic was killed by coincidence by the door trap. That my ignorant and delusional friend IS DUMB LUCK.

Sneasy said:

Their plan didn't work, and it didn't provide actual food/nourishment for anyone in the party. It was a total waste of time for the party (not for the lampshding though).
Funny you keep saying that their time is precious but they keep going on "uncharted waters" when they should be playing it safe.

Sneasy said:

You're doing exactly that. That's pure hypocrisy.

Sneasy said:

It's called an analogy. An ignorant 5 year old like you wouldn't understand.

Sneasy said:

Yeah, keep thinking that you're somehow winning an argument on pure slander and delusions. Also I watch around 20 shows per season that cover all kinds of genres/demographics, not just isekai as you imply without any kind of evidence (just butthurt slander). I mentioned those 2 in particular because both shows had that particular mottif about SURVIVAL.

Sneasy said:

Your mental delusions are worrisome. You should really seek profesional mental help.

Kimurah said:

...are you serious, hun?

Let's not pretend you don't have a humiliation fetish.

Kimurah said:
It's exactly the same RANT about a self sustained enviroment.

It is not, you illiterate tool. There is an explicit difference between Senshi making a point to actively contribute to the dungeon, in ways that adventurers clearly don't since none of them live in the dungeon, and realizing that adventurer, by default, contribute to the dungeon simply being doing what they always do.

Kimurah said:
The author can write whatever she wants.

You cry and whine about literally everything she writes.

Kimurah said:
Regarding towards her success I couldn't care any less.

Yes you do, you incel, that's why you keep bringing up that people think the story is great.

Kimurah said:
The author doesn't know neither you nor me exists, so there's no point in you to white knight for her and my criticism doesn't hurt her either.

You desperately want her attention, though. Maybe you think you can hurt her feelings? That's what misogynists think, anyway.

Kimurah said:
Because it was an observation nobody made before.

The story made it, dipshit.

Kimurah said:
They are already waisting time by doing a harder route without a healer and provisions.

They are objectively not, and they are also saving ample money and resources, as well as avoiding the very thing that caused them to lose in the first place.

Kimurah said:
Going fully prepared would minimize the risks and would help them clear floors way faster.

This kid actually thinks this is a video game. Like there's a epic-level sword Laios can buy (despite losing all of his cash in the dungeon, btw) that would insta-kill all monsters.

Kimurah said:
They could do both, get supplies and also pick resources from the dungeon, it doesn't have to be either one or the other.

It objectively does, stupid. Don't confuse your lack of understanding of the setting for a lack of a setting.

Kimurah said:

Episode 9 proved that a undine is a big problem even for a full-sized party with two mages. So there goes your theory?

Laios' reduced, one-healer party escaped an undine with their healer only being hurt; Tansu's party had Namari fucking DIE.

And you praised Namari's character in the proper episode discussion, but you do realize, idiot, that the same character criticized the idea that adventuring is easy if you have a billion healers and that even with the ability to raise the dead, you should avoid getting hurt outright?

Kimurah said:
using medicine items that would at the very least prevent complications by sepsis

Why didn't they just get the "Heal-Wounds-From-Undines" pack from the story for $1.99?

You've already watched Episode 9, when did they bring up these magic medicine items that can heal getting shot in the leg? With how big of a deal it is to lose mana, you'd think it'd be brought up. Unless... it doesn't exist? Because this is obviously a medieval setting that doesn't have such advanced medicine and technology and they rely on healing magic or simply not getting hurt?

Why is your critique unironically "why didn't they just buy a senzu bean"?

Kimurah said:
The adult thing was from the very get go get a loan or sign an IOU with people running a supply store.

I forgot how fucking stupid you are about real life stuff like actual jobs and the economy let alone this constructed fictional setting.

A fucking loan? You think there's loans in this setting? You think people just give away powerful adventuring items on an honor systems? In a setting where adventuring is a legitimate job career? And what happens if they die anyway? Or simply skip town?

This is an adult mindset to you? "Just get a loan" would extremely stupid for normal, non-dangerous work, lmfao.

Actual Dumbass: "Why didn't you just go to CVS and ask for free medicine?"

Kimurah said:
There's a massive difference between adventurers and suicidal idiots.

There is quite literally no difference. Even the most prepared, reasonable, money-savvy adventurers will literally die.

Kimurah said:
The characters just were lead there out of contrived wirting in order to
create a conflict to go for the classic "heroes' journey".

Dipshit truly thinks conflict in a story is "contrived", disappointing every one of their literature teachers.

Kimurah said:
Taking risks IS UNREASONABLE.

You are actually bitch-made, wow. "CHARACTERS IN A STORY SHOULDN'T TAKE RISKS!!!!" L-oh-fucking-L. And this guy thinks he knows "good writing".

Kimurah said:
Preparing a trap to hunt A pray, get a better B pray by mere luck.

This dumbass actually thinks the literal practice of HUNTING is dumb luck. Literally all of society then is built on dumb luck. Which... is true, but that makes you sound even dumber.

You are actually the dumbest man alive. People called you a troll, I don't believe this. You are actually this stupid. These are your genuine thoughts. And that is... hilarious, honestly.

You didn't even answer the rest of that, by the way.

Kimurah said:
Chilchuk ran in circles without an actual plan to get rid of the mimic.

His plan was to avoid the mimic, you dumb bitch. He didn't want to get rid of it, he wanted to not interact with it at all. Not even tell the othres because they'd want to cook it. His plan was to simply do what he's been doing for years: solving traps.

In hyperfocusing on the mimic, though, he forgot about the actual trap. Even so, he got himself out of trouble alone. That's what smart people do most of all--improvise and work with what they have.

Only idiots think that being "smart" is being too bitch-made to take risks and also think there's some magic solution that will never get you hurt.

Kimurah said:
Their plan didn't work, and it didn't provide actual food/nourishment for anyone in the party.

They didn't know until they tried, you dumb bitch, but you actually think taking risks and doing anything is "senseless" so lol.

He literally ate the food, he was literally nourished from the food, it just didn't come with him out of the painting, which is impossible to know unless you try it, dumb fuck.

Kimurah said:
It's called an analogy.

It literally had nothing to do with what I said, idiot.

Kimurah said:
Yeah, keep thinking that you're somehow winning an argument on pure slander and delusions.

This kid calls everyone who disagrees with him "Karen" but he cries about slander.

Kimurah said:
I mentioned those 2 in particular because both shows had that particular mottif about SURVIVAL.

You mentioned those two because you are into power fantasies and the idea of a show like Delicious in Dungeon where characters take risks and can't pull a Divine Skill out of their butt confuses you.
SneasyFeb 29, 4:11 PM
Feb 29, 4:40 PM

Sep 2023
Quite a nice episode with a lot of backstory about Falin and Marcille. It's nice to see them worrying about Falin more and more, I was starting to get worried!
Feb 29, 9:19 PM

Nov 2013
Kimurah said:
Validation from who? Please summon these other people I seek validation from with my wild takes in the forum.
I obviously mean other drunkards. You seriously don't expect me to quote Mal usernames right? You're not that special. Though you'd love if I did so you would cry about me stalking you like previously.
Kimurah said:
I couldn't care if I was the only one with wild ideas and a high bar on writing that despises cheap writing/coincidences.
It's been proven over and over again how your "wild ideas" and "cheap writing" are byproducts of your idiocy, butthurt-ness, lack of attention and 0 comprehension skills.
In most cases you resort to mental gymnastics, nitpick and foam from mouth whenever your shit-takes get criticized, desperate to prove how your are by default the only one who knows and can know what they're talking about.
Your ace when it comes to counter-argument is "nah, you disagree because you like to suck authors D, you Karen!!!"
What a joke.
Kimurah said:
You on the other hand have been doing that "gossiping" on others and advising them to ignore me.
Oh cry me a river. "Gossip" - You're such a drama queen.
BTW, "others" = literally 1 person. Delusional beyond help.
If I stumble upon a person starting a discussion with you, I may warn them about the shit they're getting themselves into. Whether they decide to take my advice or not is up to them. Just a reminder, this whole discussion is happening because you have fragile ego and couldn't ignore me further (due to misery or loneliness, I don't know).

Kimurah said:
Please don't make yourself the important one here, since I haven't seek for your attention in all this time.
And you did now because you missed me? I didn't quote you precisely because of "arguing with a drunkard" argument I mentioned.

Kimurah said:
I don't come here to impress anyone with "master criticsm". I know I have a high bar and don't expect others to align with it,
Drunkard never confesses, as I've said. You do expect people who disagree to engage with you though, after reading your regurgitated garbage. You get hard from proving how you are the only right one. Proving to yourself or your phantoms, cause nobody ever agrees to your delusions.

Kimurah said:
The no-lifer mal user with almost 6k posts since 2013 says I should get a life? What a JOKE.
Clown seriously compares 6k comments in 10 years, with 1000+ anime (twice as much when compared to me) in 7 years!
Mind you, about 70% of my comments are also me simply creating manga chapter discussion threads.
Kimurah said:
Should I also state that you were expecting my replies to be witin minutes

No, I've never said that. You confessed in Helck thread about intentionally delaying your responses for 2-3 weeks though. Short memory? Your piss poor excuse of "being busy" was never believable to begin with, considering the length you go to validate your bullshit when you "get free time'.
Kimurah said:
Funny you had to check on my profile to see I have more than 1000 watched shows

Oh, a poor little baby. Profile info is public. And, you literally did the same thing right now you dounce. Funny enough your hypocrisy only ended proving my point about "no life".

From this point on I'll take my own advice and avoid you like a plague.
Don't get triggered like a sore loser though, if you notice me giving advices about you to some people in the future.
Sigmar-UnberogenFeb 29, 9:25 PM
Mar 1, 4:19 AM

Jan 2012
I was wondering, did they change directors for the undine scene? the change in animation style me of Mob Psycho 100.
Mar 1, 4:19 PM
Apr 2023
Awesome design, beautifully draw!
Mar 1, 10:24 PM
Aug 2013
hell yeah love this show
Mar 2, 12:18 PM

Jun 2016
marcile backstory with falin is really goooddd
Mar 3, 2:26 PM
Dec 2020
I am getting used to the English dubbing and I enjoy the voice actors' interpretation of the characters.
Mar 4, 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
boring ep to me, for most of it, probably the most tedious ep yet.

tbh I really don't get the hype of the series, like it's okay, but just that to me. Not exactly spectacular or as incredible as the hype would have you believe
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Mar 5, 1:05 AM

Jul 2017
Through the tapeworm food poisoning, Laios has finally managed to recover, though considering the dungeon's monster ecosystem, it takes a balance, as Marcille would come to learn during her school days training to be a court magician to create a safe dungeon for all. This would also be how she come to know about Falin, who has much more inept knowledge than her, surveying an actual dungeon's soil for their school experiments. That would also explain why Marcille's so conscious about Falin just consuming things like raspberries and grasshoppers, though they're not dangerous. And her knowledge of the dungeon would prove to become subjective of Marcille rethinking about how she would want to build a dungeon. the honor student part though, it's half-truth, half-lie, as Laios could come to know about Marcille as well being a good friend to his sister.

Venturing deep into the dungeon, Marcille wanting to wash up, and subconsciously being the only girl in the group, she has to be mindful as well. But the water waste she ended up disposing of, unveils an Undine which suddenly attacks her. Being mindful of its fast reflexes, Marcille finally makes it back to land, and everyone retreats quick. With Marcille out, their hope of another Healer is gone, though Laios remembers the other parts of the kelpie to grill it together with Senshi...and have her see the meat-eating show while she eats liver to recover her vitality.

To heal Marcille: give her exact food...and others if she wants it.
Mar 9, 1:15 PM

Oct 2019
Poor Marcille had it rough... I prefer Black Clover's Undine :)
Mar 10, 6:17 AM

May 2015
Damn Marcille had it rough!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 10, 11:14 AM
May 2012
Big change in the animation quality this episode for the worse. The action sequence from the second half had a lot of off-model stuff. Really jarring. Otherwise fine episode.
Mar 11, 5:29 PM

Jul 2023
a nice change of pace

We have Marcille's backstory about her days at magic school. There she met Falin.

Just when I was thinking that there would be no monsters, they face just water creature. It was not clear what that was, but they ate of their reserves. It looks like they will meet again their former companions.
Mar 23, 8:12 PM
Jun 2019
loved seeing a bit of Marcille's background and how she wants/wanted to actually MAKE a dungeon, it seems like she has more in common with Senshi and Laios that she likes to say (with all the nerdy info and questioning the world).
Mar 29, 5:48 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, She's eating meat with that injury XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 6, 8:02 AM
Mar 2024

Episode 8
Advantages:
How many other hairstyles does Marcille have? These are truly eye pleasing details
The memories of Marcille and Falin were so beautiful. At that time, Falin had a much smaller body size than Marcille, and she treated her like a sister. The painting on their way to the wilderness maze was as beautiful as their relationship, whether it was the natural scenery or the characters. Falin's personality, which is close to nature, can only be said to be truly the little sister of Laios
Even in retrospect, you will find that this is a continuation of Senshi's lament about the self-regulation of the maze ecosystem in the theme. The structural design of the work is very closely related to the main line, without any loose feeling.
4. Marcille, this set of walking emoticons, is actually a talented woman in the history of the school. When Chill made the same roast as me and Marcille made a funny triangular gesture to explain, my laughing neighbors could hear it. (It must have been eating too many monsters that turned a supposed noble and cool elf into a funny comedian)
5. I like Falin to praise his brother for being good at barking dogs in this funny scene. This is indeed something my sister can do, she is serious
The details of Marcille's bathing are very trustworthy, and there is no deliberate fan service, which is good. Don't misunderstand, I really like fan services, but it's important to divide the scenes and work naturally. Additionally, this kind of authentic peer relationship is also great.
When Marcille was considering whether to learn illusions to solve this awkward moment, I laughed wildly again. I can't remember how many times this work has hit the nerve of laughter.
The battle painting between Marcille and Undine is very exciting, and currently it may be the best painting. I think this should have changed the way many viewers underestimate Marcille. She is not only a funny and adorable character, but also an excellent warrior. This work is not so young that you can ignore the danger of injury and bleeding, and can easily play house games inside.
The design of Marcille's magic expressed through the saplings of the wand is very interesting, I didn't want to distort it haha
10. Give Marcille horse meat from other parts!!!! Hahaha haha

Disadvantages:
Compared to the original work, there are still some small details missing, such as when Laios received a letter from his sister in the military camp, there should have been a detail where his hair grew longer and his arms were gradually covered with sword wounds.
Apr 10, 11:03 PM
Apr 2024
MORE LIVER (falin backstory!!!)
Apr 18, 3:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was nice to get a Marcille and Falin backstory at the academy. The Kelpie meat made me hungry tbh
Apr 26, 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
I was gonna say where the hell is the food in this episode lol. That looked really good. Anyway, if Marcille was considered a genius at school then what's Falin? They seem to consider her way better at magic.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

160 by mafd12 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

76 by willw2tch »»
4 hours ago

» Dungeon Meshi Blu-ray Box / DVD vol.1 sold 2,766 copies in its first week.

deg - Apr 30

32 by bastek66 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

120 by LeBozar »»
Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Poll: » From what episode did you like this anime?

Ba-Cii10 - Apr 2

33 by LeBozar »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.