Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chained Soldier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
It looks like Yuuki is adapting with his new lifestyle even though the girls treats him like a servant/slave. Technically, he is a 'slave' under this show's logic but he's also trying to improve himself. There also seems to be various reactions for him for just being there.

Shushu is probably the most energetic and cheerful of the group. Too bad for Yuuki, that means no more peace or quiet in his life anymore L
Jan 11, 6:28 AM

May 2020
I don’t know if the dude is just so happy-go-lucky or did he really always see himself as nothing more than a dog, who had a weird af fetish of acting on people's orders. I mean he’s so content with his current life, that not only is he doing cleaning and cooking for those girls, but is already on his way to become someone else’s slave too…?

For whatever odd reason, there’s already a girl who’s acting annoying on whatever little screen time she’s getting, but that just being that bad classic troupe, which fits with the standards of this series. Though leaving her aside, since dude gained another master who’s ready to whip him right… over some classic “caught while peeping” thing, it goes without saying she’s treating him more dog-like than the main girl.

She could get huge, so her assets could get huge too… that’s the only good thing. Otherwise, that ugly af cgi monster fight wasn’t even worth those five minutes it got, except for the fact that they wanted to establish this notion of “our dog got it big down there”... like hell. As if that’s a redeeming quality lol.

Some new bad girl in the cliffhanger.
Jan 11, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
Man, these girls are on a whole different level of chaos compared to Konosuba. And not in the good way—it's like chaos gone wrong.

Yuuki takes on the role of the manager at the Seventh Division dormitory in the magical city. While spending his days doing household chores, Yuuki finds himself manipulated and turned into a slave by Suruga Shushu. One day, when Yuuki and Shushu are alone, a giant, grotesque demon attacks the dormitory. Despite Shushu's ability to change the size of her body through the power of "Paradigm Shift," she gradually finds herself overwhelmed. In the absence of Kyouka, who could help Shushu, Yuuki attempts to transform somehow to come to her rescue.

This whole episode is basically just an excuse for Shushu to strut around as a giant. She spends most of it trying to blackmail Yuuki into being her plaything, and there's even a part where Yuuki literally licks Kyouka's boots to trigger his transformation... Lmao. I couldn't stop laughing when the giant gal got smacked from behind, lmao. Can we have more, please? Also, the way Shushu says Yuuki reminds me of a certain pink-haired girl who's pretty much obsessed with that name.

The show is still as wild as ever, and I'm totally loving it.

Jan 11, 6:50 AM

Sep 2021
this show is WILD!
Jan 11, 7:28 AM

Feb 2021
So one of the scenes got changed a little bit so it didn't include Nei...

Mod Edit: Linked NSFM image
KayKimiiJan 12, 6:19 PM
Jan 11, 7:29 AM

Apr 2014
1 Maderaka hehe... Yuuki just showed his weapon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 11, 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
Btw the Japanese title of this, 魔都精兵のスレイブ (mato seihei no sureibu/slave) means "Slave of the Mato elite squad". I guess they changed it to "Chained Soldier" because they can't include "slave" in the title or something.

4 is unlucky because in Japanese it can be pronounced as "shi" which is the same as 死 (shi) - "death" (same thing with Chinese).
13:50 Shushu's ability's name is pronounced as Paradigm Shift, but written as 玉体革命 (gyokukai kakumei) - "Imperial Revolution"

14:00 Holup MILK? This makes me feel things.

So Yuuki is a grower, nice.
Is the girl at the end Yuuki's sister that went missing? Interesting.
Oh, I thought how Shushu's clothes are not ripping when she uses her ability will remain a mystery forever. but it was explained in the scene after credits.
Really enjoyed this episode too. Shushu is a menace though, poor Yuuki.
Jan 11, 7:35 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to MadanielFL

@MadanielFL

They also made the girl who was bathing, her booba bigger in the anime.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 11, 7:52 AM

Dec 2017
There are 3 things to eat in this picture of our second best girl.
Don't you shy away from incest author-san!
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Jan 11, 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Softhenic03
I don’t know if the dude is just so happy-go-lucky or did he really always see himself as nothing more than a dog, who had a weird af fetish of acting on people's orders. I mean he’s so content with his current life, that not only is he doing cleaning and cooking for those girls, but is already on his way to become someone else’s slave too…?

For whatever odd reason, there’s already a girl who’s acting annoying on whatever little screen time she’s getting, but that just being that bad classic troupe, which fits with the standards of this series. Though leaving her aside, since dude gained another master who’s ready to whip him right… over some classic “caught while peeping” thing, it goes without saying she’s treating him more dog-like than the main girl.

She could get huge, so her assets could get huge too… that’s the only good thing. Otherwise, that ugly af cgi monster fight wasn’t even worth those five minutes it got, except for the fact that they wanted to establish this notion of “our dog got it big down there”... like hell. As if that’s a redeeming quality lol.

Some new bad girl in the cliffhanger.
Softhenic03 said:
I mean he’s so content with his current life, that not only is he doing cleaning and cooking for those girls, but is already on his way to become someone else’s slave too…?
That's a better life he is living than all of us here tbf.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
Jan 11, 8:00 AM
Jul 2023
Endlessly source of enjoyment can be drawn from this episode.

The world building are pretty neat too,
MainnusJan 11, 6:30 PM
Jan 11, 8:07 AM

Jan 2018
This anime is weirdly wholesome and also comedic. Wasn't expecting that.

The story seems to be mainly about Yuuki being a caretaker of an all-girls dorm. So it's similar to Tenpuru from a few seasons ago. Nice. I wanted a sequel to that anime but this series will do too.

Also,
Jan 11, 8:09 AM
Sep 2015
There must be an explanation why the whole organization is female, other than to make this anime harem.
Jan 11, 8:16 AM
Jul 2023
karrotStick said:

mentioning the I*c*s* is a spoiler isn't it
Jan 11, 8:21 AM
May 2015
Was expecting this show to be really bad and somehow its even worse than expected. I don't understand how this is one of the highest Plan to Watch shows of the season. Obviously the terrible CGI doesn't help, but the show has plenty of issues even without that.
Jan 11, 8:23 AM
Aug 2021
Episode got uhh... very weird, for people that have a thing for giant people, congratulations?

Anyways, I hate the blonde BPD bitch tbh, was rooting for those CGI Monsters when they jumped her
Jan 11, 8:25 AM
Aug 2020
it was not bad

some ecchi scenes

not a big fan of the monsters designs...

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 11, 8:27 AM

Jul 2020
not gonna lie, this is kind of boring compared to the other ecchi airing this season. I mean, it's okay, but it just isn't funny.
Jan 11, 8:27 AM
Jul 2021
trash for masochistic cucks
Jan 11, 8:28 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Mardhav_2007
karrotStick said:

mentioning the I*c*s* is a spoiler isn't it
@Mardhav_2007 idk what I*c*s* is but everything I said in my comment is there in the episode.
Jan 11, 8:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nei's really taking the sempai part seriously lol. Himari sure has it in for him from the onset. Though trust at first is gonna be thin. Size manipulation looks to be a useful power. Nice contrast in opinions towards Yuuki between Himari and Shushu though. ShuShu's ability and her fight against the large shuki kinda reminded me of the ultraman shows. Makes sense that they would have some kind of limit to their powers. Still if Yuuki wanted a soft landing after that battle that was perfect. Looks like our main villain has appeared. One that seems to have a past with Yuuki. Overall a fun ep that balanced out char expansion with some nice action and villain reveals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 8:40 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to phantomfandom
There must be an explanation why the whole organization is female, other than to make this anime harem.
@phantomfandom Are you watching bro? Because it is told how the peach only gives powers to women.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Jan 11, 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
It only has ecchi going for it
Jan 11, 8:50 AM
Jul 2023
karrotStick said:
@Mardhav_2007 idk what I*c*s* is but everything I said in my comment is there in the episode.

I meant incest
I didn't want to take any risks so I kind of just typed something that is partially recognisable
Jan 11, 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Poor guy, lost his dignity, F. Fanservice increased quite a bit already from last time with uncensored oppais already. Sushu stuff was nice too. New girl at the end, she's looking for Yuuki too.
Jan 11, 8:53 AM
Apr 2023
MadanielFL said:

Which honestly is for the better

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KayKimiiJan 12, 8:05 PM
Jan 11, 8:58 AM
Apr 2023
Overall much better than episode 1. Even though scenes are being skipped I liked the pacing better in this episode. I just hope going forward they don’t cut context like they did here. A lot of Mato and Shuuki details were left out. PS don’t expose yourself as a pedo for being mad they left out NSFW nei in the hot springs. The weirdo quota has been met this week.
JayTCUJan 11, 9:04 AM
Jan 11, 9:02 AM

Dec 2017
Reply to Mardhav_2007
karrotStick said:

I meant incest
I didn't want to take any risks so I kind of just typed something that is partially recognisable
@Mardhav_2007 I was thinking that was a small L and not i. About the spoiler thing, nope I don't read the manga so I don't know what is or isn't a spoiler. I was just stating a possibility.
Jan 11, 9:03 AM
Oct 2019
MadanielFL said:

I mean, Nei is technically there…. just not in an obvious lolibait way 🧐

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KayKimiiJan 12, 8:07 PM
Jan 11, 9:18 AM

Jul 2011
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom

Only women can eat the fruit and gain powers? Im assuming men are lower class citizens in this world.
Jan 11, 9:26 AM
Mar 2018
Dropped. All the girls have ridiculous body proportions with the exception of Nei who doesn‘t get fanservice (they even changed a scene from the manga), so there is no point continuing.
Jan 11, 9:40 AM

May 2016
Reply to MadanielFL

@MadanielFL
I don't know what the point of adding this girl in ecchi manga when she didn't have any naked scenes except for this one frame that you mentioned, and they didn't add this only one scene in the anime, and they give himari azuma extra big boobs unlike in the Manga wasn't that big + it's poorly drawn, I'm now confused between stop watching it and continuing watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 9:47 AM

Apr 2022
Funny how the girl able to change size at will is the one discovering that men have a body part that kind of does that, too.
Jan 11, 9:51 AM

Jan 2020
Reply to 0451
This anime is weirdly wholesome and also comedic. Wasn't expecting that.

The story seems to be mainly about Yuuki being a caretaker of an all-girls dorm. So it's similar to Tenpuru from a few seasons ago. Nice. I wanted a sequel to that anime but this series will do too.

Also,
@0451
Jan 11, 9:52 AM

Mar 2010
Well wow theres way more ecchi this episode then the last.
Jan 11, 10:00 AM

Aug 2017
Aside from me not really into giantess, I found it a weaker episode than last week, also felt some things changed but have to check the manga to say it for sure.
Jan 11, 10:01 AM

Mar 2021
Super strong follow-up to episode 1. Shushu's smugness is radiant. Lots of Chapter 2 skips, but that's fine since they already introduced all the girls' powers in episode 1. It would've made most of Chapter 2 redundant.

The Shushu chapters were handled excellently. Super funny stuff. The anime did a good job capturing a lot of the manga's meme faces, which makes me happy.

Anime original
scene at the end??? Really cool addition. It was just a single cliffhanger panel in the manga. The pacing here is solid, really happy on that front.
Jan 11, 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
Loved Shushu's parts but damn they really cut the bathing scene short. I hope they don't continue to cut scenes short like that.
Jan 11, 10:04 AM

Dec 2022
Blackmail, giantess, ... the hunt for tags continues.

I hate most of these characters. Definitely going to need some Healing once I'm done with this anime.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jan 11, 10:07 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to AcceleratorAngel
@MadanielFL

They also made the girl who was bathing, her booba bigger in the anime.
Which was a downgrade for the scene! She was drawn weird
Jan 11, 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to felixsifuri
Funny how the girl able to change size at will is the one discovering that men have a body part that kind of does that, too.
@felixsifuri Hahaha maybe she will come to find some common ground with men one day because of it
Jan 11, 10:11 AM

Feb 2021
JayTCU said:
Which honestly is for the better
Not really, respect my goat Nei
Jan 11, 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
wait a dam minute i thought his sister died but she is not only alive but she is in the demon force
anyway this episode was focused on shushu wish there were more epic fighting but this ecchi stuff also works i guess
Jan 11, 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to LoliSenpai0x
@MadanielFL
I don't know what the point of adding this girl in ecchi manga when she didn't have any naked scenes except for this one frame that you mentioned, and they didn't add this only one scene in the anime, and they give himari azuma extra big boobs unlike in the Manga wasn't that big + it's poorly drawn, I'm now confused between stop watching it and continuing watching it.
@LoliSenpai0x Same, she is literally 11 which seems like a bad fit for an ecchi show
Jan 11, 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to WarBeastGT
Dropped. All the girls have ridiculous body proportions with the exception of Nei who doesn‘t get fanservice (they even changed a scene from the manga), so there is no point continuing.
@WarBeastGT I know and they misrepresented Himari's figure in the ONE shot of her this ep. Hope they don't keep doing this. I am going to keep watching to see.
Jan 11, 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
Okay the bath scene is a nice fanservice

But on another note I don't get how Yuuki was able to transform by doing that... So is not because of Kyouka's ability ??
Jan 11, 10:31 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to AnimeBeefs
Loved Shushu's parts but damn they really cut the bathing scene short. I hope they don't continue to cut scenes short like that.
@AnimeBeefs Cut it short? The bathing scene was less than a page in the manga. If anything, this lasted longer
Jan 11, 10:41 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Well, I gave it a shot. Two episode of this was enough for me. I liked the character designs, the music was solid and some of the VA performances were on-point. Aside from that, not enough here to keep me interested.
Jan 11, 10:47 AM

Jul 2020
John Cena is making this adaption, that's why you can't see 80% of chapter 2 in the anime

Jan 11, 11:01 AM
Jan 2024
WarBeastGT said:

no shit dawg shes 11?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

100 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25

112 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 24, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8

92 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 17, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mato Seihei no Slave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2023

249 by DedPanda »»
Apr 17, 6:30 AM

» Rairen VA was NOT what imagined

SilverX7 - Apr 9

13 by SilverX7 »»
Apr 15, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.