Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2023 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
A war started intentionally, yikes.

Why can't Komari just get some peace and quiet? I almost feel bad for her but the invasion, alliances, and war declaration sure made the plot/episode more complicated. Hell of an episode. I still think Komari and Villhaze still has some of the best chemistry in the show.
Dec 16, 2023 6:01 AM

Feb 2020
Things got truly serious. Poor Komari. :( Let's see if she can find a solution to fix this situation.

SerafosDec 16, 2023 6:31 AM
Dec 16, 2023 6:22 AM

Jul 2017
So, it seems that Nelia Cunningham and the Gandesblood family has some relations, most particularly through Komari's mother Yulinne.

Even Karla is aware of Komari's Core Implosion, though Heavenly Paradise picking a fight with the Mulnite Empire against Gerra-Aruka, as one of the 8 Illustrious Generals, Nelia wants to prove that she can take down either one troupe. But for the meeting to be held directly in Komari's room bringing it straight to her bedroom, Nelia poses a proclamation that they will wage war on the alliance, though Komari already assumed to be its leader.

At the fortress city of Faure, the Empress declaring war with an explosion right at the enemy's stronghold, it's complete mayhem. And all that Komari needs to do, is to execute all that's already been set beforehand while the other generals fight protecting her from harm...plus Nelia transporting them to an unknown place to clear up the misunderstanding between the girls when they were young. Now, Nelia wants to get rid of the corruption regarding her kingdom, and requests for Komari's help...that with the agreement, comes the Yuri kiss, Villhaze sure got all jealous lols.

I'm just convinced that Project No. 9 put all their effort into this show, though this will come as something rather late.
Dec 16, 2023 6:23 AM

Jan 2018
Vill getting ntr'd lmao.
Dec 16, 2023 6:33 AM

Feb 2021
For some reason they translated 白極 (hakkyoku lit. "white extreme") as Haku-Goku (goku is another reading of 極). And ズタズタ (zutazuta) means "to pieces; into shreds", so the name was translated as "Butchersky".
14:28 another pun name lol. Reminds me of The Eminence in Shadow.
Daaamn, little Komari was spitting straight facts there.
I'm starting to like Nelia. She wasted no chances on that kiss lmao.
Good episode.
EmbientDec 16, 2023 6:37 AM
Dec 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Apr 2010
Another psyco appeared and hopefully one that will be taken care of soon, and i also hope that he will take that dictator with him but i guess we will have to wait and see.
Komari not knowing what was going on was funny just like the bed scene.
The war has started now the question is how will it end.
Dec 16, 2023 6:44 AM

Aug 2023
lol this episode... poor komori

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Dec 16, 2023 6:55 AM

Mar 2021
Poor Komari she just wants to be left in peace
Dec 16, 2023 7:19 AM

Dec 2022
this is really something nelia wants a revolution and few hours later in tearmoon empire mia wants to stop a revolution anyway next episode will be something
Dec 16, 2023 7:46 AM
Apr 2013
EP 10

Idk if its just me, but im like, why not skip the op and/or ed every ep to have more screentime? i cant tell exactly how much content has been skipped or rushed compared to the source but you can maybe vaguely feel it

Unfortunately it seems we wont be seeing any more sakuna unless she shows up next ep. im kinda sad after we spent 4 eps with her and now she gets left behind.

Because they teleported away we also wont see the other two countries unless they show up as well

It's a weird feeling, because the other anime are like on ep 11 or 12 already but we just got ep 10.

Anyway uhm...yeah. Words.
So they didnt address the fact that, there's supposed to be one more lord since the other guy got offed in ep 8. While apparently the mysterious 7th one we havent seen was already on her(?) way to attack the republic capital.

So far the convenient plot weapons haven't really been explained or even shown up very well. But that's for next ep to deal with I guess.
EP 9/10, escalation aside, have been actually a bit different from ep 1/2 or 5/6, though its like less of a comedy due to the srs nature of events.
I did get almost 80 screenshots in two eps though, lots of komari and nelia and karla faces.

The episode just aired, so animelist hasnt updated the voice for komari's mom yet.
They also conveniently didnt talk about it but so far it's implied she was caught up in the revolution and well.
It's kinda risky in a sense.

ADD: Its a bit late, but I just realized. I dont think they ever updated the OP, so sakuna, nelia, and karla dont show up in the OP at all, which is quite uncommon in most anime. Despite not skipping the OP I actually am not sure if the empress shows up either.

Also reminder that komari is so cute. Literally. I mean all the other girls are cute too, and I've kinda got maybe a bit desensitized but komari is clearly carrying the entire anime. Though what can I say.

One thing though, not sure if its true or not but they hinted that the core might have some kind of sekret. But who knows.

One small thing I wanted to add that I thought funny, whether its hidaka rina or project no 9, it seems that hidaka rina tends to get a lot of roles. Though usually its main roles, while here she's barely had any lines I didnt even notice, usually its really easy to notice because her voice is super distinctive

I've been rewatching the first few episodes and. It sure is strange rewatching ep 1/2 after knowing the events.
I've also noticed a few things. Like the secret of the cores, the nations, etc. We actually vaguely see the remaining lord that hasnt shown up yet, but eh.

Also the reporter actually shows up in ep 1, she's the one who wrote the thingy about komari(?)

I only just realized its actually komari's mom in the op. Although its just utterly bizare.
We know she used to be a crimson lord, and presumably komari's dad is like some high position in the army as well. But how big is their army anyway? Komari's unit doesnt seem to be that big, though they're presumably quite elite, and back in ep 7 each lord was "only" allowed to deploy 100 troops (and komari didnt even have that many left)

Also, looking at the OP again, unless im mistaken, the empress herself does not actually show up. The op is just really strange since the first 25 seconds might as well be a still image.
CocoaGalaxyDec 20, 2023 1:51 PM
Dec 16, 2023 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
ah, that's the episode where Tanya Degurechaff changed her name and look, but not her profession))
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Dec 16, 2023 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
Imagine oversleeping so your work comes to you 😂. Sorry, Komarin, you had your beach episode already. Time to strategise for the upcoming war.

Love how all she had to do was say she wanted to make a pool of blood and that gets everyone going

Don’t need too long to strategise too long since the war is already at Faure’s doorstep. Bold move.

Is that Yuuki Aoi as the white hair sniper waifu? Tanya got isekai’d again??

Giant spinning neck giraffe got me dying man, most random thing ever.

Finally get some flashbacks of Komarin’s mom, sadly we still don’t see her face :/ but it was nice seeing a little of she and Nelia’s relationship.

Speaking of Nelia, was not expecting her to NTR vill right in front of her. “It’s just an Arukan greeting” unexpected Yuri but I’ll take it lol. The Arukan empire has become so corrupt no wonder Nelia wants Komarin help. These last few eps should be really good
Marinate1016Dec 16, 2023 8:10 AM
Dec 16, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2007
had a good laugh when the empress bombed the dictator in Aruka. That's the perfect way to start the fight.

finally, Komari get a kiss. I thought Nelia only kissed her on the cheek, but it looks like there was a kiss on the lips off-screen as well. And Komari liked the kiss. Vill is so mad. xD

looking forward to Komari destroying Rainsworth.
Liddo-kunDec 16, 2023 9:14 AM
Dec 16, 2023 9:35 AM
Apr 2023
The reference of Tanya ,I haven't checked yet but I think they has same VA
Dec 16, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 2023
komari komari komari
Dec 16, 2023 10:58 AM

May 2019
Komari being woken up with her bed on the meeting table haha. The flashback with Nelia was nice and even though Nelia supposedly wants world domination it appears that Komari telling her that living in peace can also mean world domination has her reconsidering things. But for now Nelia needs to get her power/authority back from that dictator guy and Komari may end up helping her (maybe Karla too).
Dec 16, 2023 11:02 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
we got another sneak pantyshot<3
Dec 16, 2023 11:57 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Arkyn_Odger
The reference of Tanya ,I haven't checked yet but I think they has same VA
@Arkyn136570 it is the same VA...
Of all the VAs, how come Tanya's VA was the one hired XD
Dec 16, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Marinate1016
Imagine oversleeping so your work comes to you 😂. Sorry, Komarin, you had your beach episode already. Time to strategise for the upcoming war.

Love how all she had to do was say she wanted to make a pool of blood and that gets everyone going

Don’t need too long to strategise too long since the war is already at Faure’s doorstep. Bold move.

Finally get some flashbacks of Komarin’s mom, sadly we still don’t see her face :/ but it was nice seeing a little of she and Nelia’s relationship.

Speaking of Nelia, was not expecting her to NTR vill right in front of her. “It’s just an Arukan greeting” unexpected Yuri but I’ll take it lol. The Arukan empire has become so corrupt no wonder Nelia wants Komarin help. These last few eps should be really good
Marinate1016 said:
Is that Yuuki Aoi

yes.
nicolaus899 said:
Of all the VAs, how come Tanya's VA was the one hired XD

for that reference indeed.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Dec 16, 2023 1:06 PM
Aug 2022
Vills jealousy is so funny to see.

The ending song is such a vibe
Dec 16, 2023 2:28 PM

Dec 2013
It is always a blessing to listen to Yuuki Aoi specially if it is her crazy chick voice.
Dec 16, 2023 3:06 PM

Apr 2022
brought terakomari's whole bed to the meeting no way. it's going down now, and vill's reaction to the kiss was jokes.
Dec 16, 2023 3:58 PM

Jun 2016
This ep. was pure gold, so funny, I laughed so much and we had a Tanya vampire (Yuuki Aoi cv) too.
Vill the minelander is always a life safer. XD
Dec 16, 2023 6:24 PM

Dec 2022
Finally we get some good stuff.
Dec 16, 2023 6:29 PM

Oct 2022
That unexpected kiss took me by surprise just like Vill.

Poor Vill, witnessing her love one being Lily intimate with someone else right in front of her lmao.

Dec 16, 2023 8:21 PM

Sep 2023
Is anyone still watching this for the plot?
Dec 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Nov 2022
Vil got NTR'd in front of her eyes... again. Ngl tho that's so hot.
Dec 16, 2023 9:09 PM

Oct 2022
Vill's expression lmao.
She can try that Arukan greeting with me anytime 𓁹‿𓁹.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 16, 2023 10:53 PM

Sep 2018
This whole political power struggle and conspiracy plot narrative is average at best, but the characters make up for it. A 7/10 series
Dec 16, 2023 11:57 PM

Dec 2022
Nelia is extremely bold to do that in front of Villhaze.
Dec 17, 2023 12:43 AM

Oct 2022
The idea of weaponizing Giraffe's neck is truly a hilarious moment XD

Dec 17, 2023 6:29 AM
Sep 2021
So neila is a childhood friend of komari & also the student of her mother, so they join their hands together to defeat their common enemies.
Dec 17, 2023 6:34 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to Marinate1016

Marinate1016 said:

Well, it seems She also lost her small sunny spot(Kohinata) in this series.
She has another Future(Miku) if she has her sunshine.
Dec 17, 2023 6:50 AM

Nov 2022
This week's episode was really neat, I enjoyed it.
I have to admit that I would NEVER have guessed they would outright bring Komari's bed and place it on the conference table but that's the treatment of the strongest, I guess.
Dec 17, 2023 6:53 AM

Oct 2022
This got very interesting. We know Mulinite is the strongest nation here so it's interesting to see how the war will go (So long as they don't pull any BS on the enemy side of course)
Dec 17, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
>Prohellya Butchersky

>Neckson McLongo

Amazing names. No notes.
Dec 17, 2023 4:13 PM

Oct 2022
I take it the guy being creepy to Nelia is Terakomari‘s next chew toy. Well he seems suitably detestable enough to lose an arm or two.
Dec 17, 2023 10:18 PM

Dec 2022
I’m gonna be honest, they’ve added a few too many characters who happen to be military generals for my brain to keep track. I’m kinda lost.

Dec 18, 2023 1:25 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Komari wasn't even fazed by being brought to the meeting room in her bed. She's fully numb to the antics now. Absolute chad.
Dec 18, 2023 5:12 AM

Oct 2022
That kiss got me and Vill off guard. Still glad that happened. Vill's reaction after that was golden.
Terakomari engine git blown after that.
Dec 18, 2023 8:31 AM

Dec 2022
Great job Vill. Making everyone wait for Komari to wake up so they can make her commander-in-chief made me laugh. Shame that Vill keeps taking L's after L's each episode as more girls join Komari's harem.

Karen's scheme to take out President Madhart was hilariously on point.

Now I'm constantly curious as to what happened with Komari's mom because she looks like an absolute badass.
Dec 21, 2023 9:27 AM
Sep 2020
They really ran out of budget fir this episode. it was funny though ngl
Dec 23, 2023 2:06 PM

Jul 2022
Some are good some its okay. Pretty good episode this one.

Dec 24, 2023 5:22 AM
Dec 2016
Super episode. I was most amused when I saw Prohellie Zutazutaski, who resembles Tanya Degurechaff from Youjo Senki like nothing. The first thing I thought was: it's not that fairy tale what she's doing here :)
Dec 27, 2023 1:06 PM

Dec 2021
When I look back at the flashbacks, Nelia's dad seemed like a good guy. It's tough for me to believe he'd be oppressing anyone. I'm leaning towards Madhart being the one behind the coup, making up excuses. He strikes me as the world domination type, maybe stopped by the former king.

Also, can we start a petition to give poor Komari a break and let her get some sleep.

Dec 30, 2023 5:42 AM

Oct 2017
Komari really slept through the entire way while she was being carried lol. So Nelia's the former princess after all. Komari's mother was her teacher. What does she actually want though?
Dec 30, 2023 9:46 AM

May 2020
Something something happened and we're again having a full scale war... can swear we had the exact same thing some couple episodes back too.

Could care less. Anyways, I think I heard Tanya there.
Jan 2, 2:01 AM
Apr 2021
Komari’s subordinates instigated a whole ass war without her knowledge or permission and now she’s gotta deal with it I’m crying and Villhaze bringing Komari ENTIRE bed into the conference is just unhinged bro😭😭🤣🤣

Villhaze getting her girl taken away from her right in front of eyes had me laughing so hard, I was NOT expecting Nelia to kiss her and Villhaze to get NTR’d🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Jan 2, 8:15 PM

Jul 2014
They really brought Komarin to the meeting (in a completely different city) with bed and all while she was sleeping lmao.

Is that Russian Tanya? lmfao

Small Komarin and small Nelia <3. What an adorable pair! Look how damn cute Komarin is, wanting world peace and everyone to be friends since she was a little girl. KOMARIN! KOMARIN! KOMARIN!

Vill's slow motion reaction to Nelia kissing Komarin on the cheek was hilarious xD.
Jan 5, 9:57 PM

Nov 2009
ROFL @ Vill's slowmo "N-O-O-O-O"

LOOOL

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

139 by Magicmist »»
May 6, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

89 by Magicmist »»
May 1, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

57 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 30, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

75 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 28, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

61 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 28, 5:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.