Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 2, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Anya's priceless face and reactions never ceases to amuse me including ones from this episode.

Even with the hard battle Yor went through, she still held her ground and that's impressive. This was one of her hardest missions yet but she was able to keep it together with some sweet moments in this episode.
Dec 2, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2020
Didn’t expect a recap to start things off, but fine it wasn’t that long anyways. As we know, Yor had her hands full with assassins, and these assassins do like to work with precision, so it wasn’t really surprising when we found out they kind of planted a bomb on this ship too.. atleast not, when compared to Loid’s ability to read people’s mouths lmao.

Man really did grasp the situation in a matter of seconds, and went with his usual “award-worthy” talent of personifying… literally anyone. A marine captain this time, but it worked lol. I mean who needs people from the bomb squad, when you’ve a spy like Loid nearby. Anyways, for Yor, she did settle the score with the old man… in some fashion and quite emphatically too.

But hey, in the midst of all, WE MUST NOT IGNORE THE HEROIC DEEDS OF ANYA, literally heroic lol. She fooled Loid, so he could focus on disarming the bomb. Then, that medal worth throw, not only did take two guys down but even helped Yor in some way in the end. Of course, you don’t have to know how you got your thing there Yor:)

Anya with a scarf, was ultimately the reason Loid was able to deal with the clock bomb. So there’s +10 again. Though that means , we finally dealt with the bad guys and even Olka and co. were able to get off the ship safely. A peaceful conclusion.

Now the arc would conclude the next episode, I guess, though really enjoyed every bit of it.
Dec 2, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
Yor has vanquished the Swordsman with Anya's help, yet it appears that the threat is far from over.

Yor and the Swordsman persist in their confrontation. Down below, Loid and Anya make their way back to the ship's corridors after witnessing the fireworks display. While Loid is pleased that Anya enjoyed the spectacle, he apologizes for failing to locate Yor, prompting Anya to recall her determination to find and assist Yor. Simultaneously, Loid observes the undercover SSS agents in a state of unrest. By reading their lips, he discovers news of a bomb hidden in the ship's bilge.

Anya delivered that MVP assist, crucial in securing Yor's victory. Spy Family truly shines when our spy, assassin, and esper unintentionally aid each other while safeguarding their true identities. The episode was decent until the end, elevating it a thousand times with an unexpected twist. Anya's humor throughout the episode was delightful, and this time, she's the one who came to the rescue! The embrace Yor shared with the baby was incredibly heartwarming. Anya, sporting sunglasses and a headscarf, certainly didn't appear suspicious at all. Damn I don't know what WITxClover are on but god damn they've killed it these past couple of episodes. From the animation to the OSTs. Well done.

With the arc wrapped up, it looks like we're in for some heartwarming family moments ahead.

Dec 2, 2023 7:20 AM
Sep 2015
Too bad Bond missed all the fun.
Dec 2, 2023 7:40 AM

Feb 2021
How many times has Anya saved the day now lol? And most likely no one will ever know that she did.
No way the bad guys just got eaten by sharks. That would be quite underwhelming ngl.
Both Yor and Loid were epic this episode. The ending made me emotional T_T
This arc is soooo good!
Dec 2, 2023 8:30 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Looks like the arc (or at least the main fight of it) is finally over and with it comes relaxation. It was a good excuse to have some character development for Yor but I'm wondering if the remaining 3 episodes will be enough to move the main story forward. I mean, if it weren't for the ending sequence I'd have completely about Stella stars and bolts.

Don't get me wrong, the in-between slice of life is good and has a lot of memorable moments, but by the end it comes of as filler if the story doesn't go anywhere. We'll see.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Thinking about it, Anya is now very strong, seeing that she can use her telepathy in a crowded ship, and still have energy to run around.
Dec 2, 2023 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
As the fireworks come to a close, Loid realizes that there's trouble upon the ship, and Anya tries her best to deflect him away from Yor. As the motives become clear, Anya tries her best while fighting against the skilled assssins, and tries her best to send Yor's weapon up, though the plan hilariously failed successfully killing other assassins targeting the Gretcher family. As for Yor, upon receiving the weapon, she manages to knock him out.

Now with the bombs, they hid not one but many around the ship, so it's up to the staff to check the entire ship out before one goes kaboom. And as luck would have it, the antique clock is also a place where the bomb was held, and the captain managed to take it out (and by chance, hit the assassins on escape). Mission success for Yor securing the Gretcher family and the State Secret Service, and Loid doesn't even have to do a thing other than take care of Anya as his "family" mission.

What a great arc.
Dec 2, 2023 9:01 AM
May 2021
Amazing arc this was !! 🔥
Dec 2, 2023 9:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice recap from the get go. Nice to see Anya be able to see the bigger picture. Anya's assist sure ended up having quite the effect on Yor's fight. And man what a fight that was. Of all the assassins katana assassin sure proved the most deadly. The informant sure turned out to be the biggest threat though. In the end im glad that the op was a success and that the family were able to survive that deadly ambush. Hopefully they'll be able to start a new life. They really deserve some Relax time on the island for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2023 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
thats the best arc yet imo cool beans

i do wish some peace for yor too
Dec 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Mar 2021
This cruise ship arc was the best arc so far am so glad Yor was able to defeat the assassin's and complete the mission
Dec 2, 2023 9:16 AM

Aug 2021
i wasn't huge on this arc in the manga or now in the anime but i always did like the ending to it and i think this episode did a great job with it as well. especially that final sequence
Dec 2, 2023 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
Anya managed to help this time around, everything according to plan. Loid had to step up to save the day. That goodbye scene with Yor and the baby was emotional, she did well protecting them. Sad we won't get to see Yor in swimsuit though.
Dec 2, 2023 9:29 AM

Dec 2022
well it was fun the arc ended now comes the family fun but i found it somewhat ironic that they died to a bomb blowing them off their raft i thought they would just shoot the boat and sink that would be hillarious
Dec 2, 2023 9:30 AM
Oct 2016
Anya helping out her mama win the fight! She totally forgot about Yor during the fireworks but with that over its back to helping. Anya searching the ship with her mind reading, hearing what Loid has figured out that the police onboard have discovered bombs on the ship. Assassins couldn't be enough there had to be bombs too of course. The informant that called all the assassins naturally didn't want to actually give them any reward for taking out the target. Knowing those bombs would take out the ship and everyone on it he just slither away. Loid having to leave Anya in the daycare was adorable, Anya going along like she doesn't know anything. Immediately ditching the daycare and running to help Yor. Loid wearing another awesome disguise to help with the bombs, taking out the first they found but there's definitely others. Anya telling one of the ship crew about the clock bomb saved the day, Loid could then ditch it into the ocean saving all those people. I'm glad that Yor was given permission to spend time with Loid and Anya now that the ones she was protecting are safe. A very sweet moment with Yor and the baby saying goodbye. All three members of the Forgers did their part to help save the day.
Dec 2, 2023 10:05 AM
Oct 2021
i love this new arc it’s entertaining af
Dec 2, 2023 10:13 AM
Jan 2019
Anya has officially killed two people. I don't think I'll be able to see her as an innocent little girl now that she has blood on her hands.
Dec 2, 2023 10:18 AM

Mar 2020
This arc has been very entertaining, and it is near its conclusion, with more relaxing times ahead. They kept the comedy up while adding a little sense of tension and great action moments, which was what this show needed after a lot of fluff. Enjoyed this a lot.
Dec 2, 2023 10:23 AM

Aug 2022
Pretty fun arc. I guess that the next episode will be the one that finishes it?
Dec 2, 2023 10:26 AM

Jan 2018
Lmao. That daycare worker almost got fired. Would've been in great trouble if she didn't find Anya in time.

Finally, the battle is over. The sakuga in this episode was great too.

Loid finally got to do something in this arc. Even if he doesn't know what exactly happened at least he still got to help passively.

That informant was callous enough to set multiple bombs on that ship. Good thing it backfired on him. Or should I say backbombed?

The arc seems to be almost over. I guess the next episode will mostly be an epilogue story about Yor and her family finally cooling off.
Dec 2, 2023 10:30 AM
Jun 2023
Lloyd's inner conflict similar to yours in the last episode is depicted as such a real and understandable conflict, but this show is honestly getting up there for me
Dec 2, 2023 10:43 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome conclusion to Yor’s battle and to the assassination attempts onboard the cruise ship. Anya was the real MVP of this episode and even though the little fella’s efforts may have gone unnoticed by her mom and dad, we appreciate you Anya! Throwing Yor’s weapon up top really saved the day.

Spy x Family is at its best when we get episodes like this where Anya, Loid and Yor are all working towards the same goal while hiding their identities from each other. Such a fun episode with all the moving parts, action and comedy we have come to love from this series.

Loid defusing the bombs while surrounded by enemies was comedic gold, I love how the one guy is more upset about potentially losing an antique clock than about it blowing up and killing people onboard 😂 . Throwing it overboard also took out the two surviving assassins so it was a win win.

This felt like a turning point for Yor and Loid. Loid’s realising his connection to Anya and Yor is becoming more than just a mission, and Yor wanting to finally live a peaceful life. Everyone deserves this family bonding episode next week. Can’t wait
Marinate1016Dec 2, 2023 10:48 AM
Dec 2, 2023 10:48 AM
Jul 2022
anyone know the song that played in Yor's fight?
Dec 2, 2023 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
That ending with the music playing, jesus that gave me chills… Also, this was more than worth the wait! Seriously, I can’t believe season 2 is exceeding my expectations and is objectively better than season 1 in terms of overall quality!
Dec 2, 2023 11:07 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to jRoughcopy
@jRoughcopy I'm curious about this as well.

Pretty entertaining arc so far and I seriously can't wait for the next episode with Yor reuniting with Anya and Loid for some heartwarming Forger family moments.

Anya's special move, this time the 'Rising Hope' stole the show this episode. It leaves me wondering what more special moves she might have up her sleeve ;)
Dec 2, 2023 11:15 AM

May 2019
So the entire family (minus Bond) saved the day with huge assists from Anya. Also both Yor and Loid seem to be seeing the family as an actual family and on that note hopefully they can all relax together on the island.
Dec 2, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode but not the strongest to conclude this arc. It gave some nice character moments and fun action this arc, wish the ending left a bit more impact personally. The arc was a nice and much needed changeup for the anime since it had been stale for quite some time now. Kind of sucks that it is done since the next episode, the series should be returning back to more of its regular structure and I'm not too excited about the sound of that on paper, can only hope the next episode can be a fun one in its own right.
Dec 2, 2023 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
Loved Anya's "All According to Keikaku" moment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Jul 2022
ahhh what a wholesome ending to this arc
Dec 2, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2022
ZAMN bro such a gr8 episode again
i kinda wanna see a spinoff of that character loid was playing in this episode ngl
Dec 2, 2023 12:41 PM
Oct 2019
That episode slapped
Dec 2, 2023 12:57 PM
Jan 2023
𓁹‿𓁹 HEH.
Dec 2, 2023 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
Surprisingly underwhelming adaptation of the cruise ship arc... at least, based solely on the action of the fight scenes.
In the manga, the tone overall feels dark and serious by seeing glaring death and killing from Yor directly from the first time, with danger of dying.
Unfortunately in the beginning of the fight in the rooftop, the villains were oddly comedic, while the music was positive in energy, and some of the animation of the choreography wasn't extraordinary.
Which to me, ruined the mood of the start of the battle, unlike what I felt when reading the manga.

For some reason, I had false expectations from previous false expectations when reading the manga.
When I first read this arc, I expected Loid to indirectly be involved in fighting some of the villains, so due to poor memory, I expected that again in the anime, thinking that's what happened.

I also feel like the battle felt longer or more intense, but watching this weekly and incorrect in tone that fight in the rooftop was in its first half, left me a little disappointed of this adaptation.
I felt it was the very best moment of the franchise, yet, but now I'm not so sure.
Maybe a later chapter, with Fiona, now takes to an extent.

Anyway. Overall, it's still sweet the see the development of every main character changing in their mentality of why they're fighting for their country/loved ones, while each of the three are doing their best to keep this family together, even if they're conflicted.
Moreso, Anya of course, since she knows everything and seemingly lost her original family.

E34 adapted Chapter 54-55.

If I remember right, the story focuses a bit more on the casual progression, after this point, until another brief threat appears later on, followed by more threats and development after.
Dec 2, 2023 1:32 PM

Feb 2020
Anya foi a verdadeira heroina por evitar que as bombas explodissem o navio
Dec 2, 2023 2:10 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Anya continues to be the MVP by helping Loid located the bombs and taking out the assassins by tossing Yor's weapon to her. Those assassins that were fighting each other on the life raft are sleeping with the fishes.
Dec 2, 2023 2:13 PM

Apr 2022
wtf that anya "rising hope" scene was sick lol. remember it making me just chuckle in the manga but it was hype af with the music and all here.
Dec 2, 2023 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
MVP Anya saved the day.

jRoughcopy said:

Maybe it was Until the End but the credits said insert song, I'm pretty sure it was from (K)NoW_NAME since they have been doing the show's bgm so we would need to wait until they release singles / albums.
KanameYuukiDec 2, 2023 2:18 PM
Dec 2, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2022
A great conclusion to this arc! Star Anya saved the day again with Twilight's assistance! I love how each character's skills are so unique and well-balanced, enhancing the overall teamwork of this 'family.' I actually hope Twilight and Yor will eventually become a couple someday! ❤️
Dec 2, 2023 2:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Definitely a nice finale for the cruise ship arc, the main arc of the season. I love that even though the family was separated, they were all a big part of the overarching plot with the assassins, without Anya I’m not sure how Yor’s fights would have played out, she could have easily lost at any moment, and same deal with Loid defusing the bombs, that would have been an awful tragedy and who knows if any of the family would have survived, so from all aspects I loved the family’s moments in this arc.

And I gotta point out how bad I felt for the daycare lady lol, poor Anya probably nearly gave her a heart attack, luckily she managed to find her eventually. And I did really love that last scene of the morning after all that went down, it’s definitely about time we returned to a calmer time, I think the whole family deserves it lol, and hopefully the fans that aren’t into the usual goodness of this show are well fed for now, tho I wouldn’t be surprised if I see folks complaining once again before this is over lol.
Dec 2, 2023 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
Was that the sensational cruise ship arc? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Dec 2, 2023 3:15 PM
Dec 2016
This arc was peak.
Dec 2, 2023 3:16 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This ep was incredible. Tempted to change my score to 10/10

This show is so good when it has arcs like this. Or when the plot actually develops. Unlike Damian’s camping trips with his lame friends 😅 (no offence)
Dec 2, 2023 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
One of the best anime arcs from this season finally comes to a close and honestly it was quite the impressive showcasing, especially with the likes of Yor whom I find to be the best character in the series writing-wise. Anya and Loid did also contribute very well here, especially the latter all according to plan lol.

Kinda sad that it’ll be back to SoL tomfoolery again, it seems, something I do wish the anime could’ve cut down a bit on, if anything. That being said, I’m glad that even if temporarily, Spy x Family became one of my most enjoyed shows from this season.
Dec 2, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2020
it was really fun to watch,i really enjoyed this episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 2, 2023 4:06 PM
Mar 2023
It was worth the wait. In the end it proves that karma really is a (so it doesn't distturb sensitive minds) female dog
Dec 2, 2023 4:08 PM

Jul 2008
Anya the lucky heroine; that's a lovely and epic end for an arc. XD
My candies:
Dec 2, 2023 4:27 PM

Dec 2018
The Forger save the day. Anya got strength and good luck to manage to thrown Yor weapon that high and safely land on the same level as Yor is.
I don't think this arc is a masterpiece... But, it's still enjoyable.

Dec 2, 2023 4:48 PM
Jul 2021
This Cruise ship arc has restored my faith in Spy X Family since S1 Cour 1. Prior to this, it was becoming a bit too slice of life for my liking, bar the Underground Tennis Club arc. But the main takeaway from this arc was that we finally got to see more of Thorn Princess Yor (not the City Hall Yor), and they didn't disappoint! Just hope we get less of the filler school nonsense moving forward 🤞🏽
Dec 2, 2023 5:57 PM

Apr 2016
Gonna be honest, the second season is a huge downgrade. Didn't expect one of the most interesting arcs of Spy x Family be so poorly done like this. I mean, it wasn't all that bad, but compared to everything of previous season, all I can do is complain. Maybe I was expecting way too much, idk.

This arc should've been everything the Campbelldon Tennis Arc was plus 10, 100 or even 1000. Not just an 1:1 adaptation of the manga with less impact and less funny moments. For those who didn't read the manga, I recommend. The reading for this arc is very fluid, the punchline for the comedy moments are awesome and the fight scenes are much more enjoyful. The best action sequence the anime could provide was in the last episode, and it was brutally overshadowed by the excessive use of fireworks and speed lines.

Once again, this anime will most likely end with a filler episode and I'm kinda upset about that. Part of me was glad because the iconic Yor gunshot in the ass chapter got adapted, but this resulted in a lot of mistakes throughout this season: Omakes taking screen time, .5 chapters taking screen time, slow pace for funny chapters...All of that for absolutely nothing, since they couldn't even end this season in the Cruise arc.

This season, unfortunately, would only be good if:

1- It ended in this arc and the Spy x Family movie didn't harm the anime, thus having really memorable and impactful moments (even more)

2- It started straight from this arc and ended with the WISE arc, which would be two important arcs in a row, but would end up damaging the good comedy + slice of life moments, which are the soul of this work

Anyway, with this stupid decision, where will we end on this season? With
Is that really a way to end a season? I swear, after all these mistakes, if they don't end with, at least,
they will need to replace everyone who works in this show. It's bad enough that the end of the first season part 1 was the penguin episode (12) instead of the perfect cliffhanger that was Bond (11). I don't want to see another dumb choice like that again in Spy x Family. I hope I'm just overthinking.

Next episode will probably end the cruise arc, so let's see where everything goes.
OhmenaDec 2, 2023 6:46 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

126 by Safrichh »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

182 by grandy_UiD »»
Yesterday, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

191 by AkioTz »»
May 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

193 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

150 by Gator »»
May 3, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.