Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2010 12:08 AM

Aug 2007
K0S-M0S said:
I was a little unsatisfied with this movie, but at least the game is finished.
this

i was glad that Akira's memory wasn't erased anymore, but my shoujo faggy self wanted Akira and Saki to end up together.
Sep 4, 2010 11:20 AM
Mar 2008
I won't say this was bad but they made up an epic plot and could have developed it way better than they did.
WishySep 4, 2010 11:43 AM
Sep 4, 2010 2:40 PM
Dec 2007
Anticlimactic, insightful and as perfectly directed as it gets.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 4, 2010 5:38 PM
Mar 2008
The thing is most of the questions were not answered. Maybe because I watched the series when it aired, same with first movie, and now this one, I may be missing some stuff and maybe my questions actually were answered. But what I wanted to know was:

Who the hell is Mr. Outside? How did he have such power? I mean not everyone goes around giving 100 million dollars to random people he meets using as a basis what they answer to a question.
Sep 4, 2010 5:39 PM

Apr 2010
i absolutely loved it. i wish that Takizawa didn't have to end up a terrorist. its a real end to eden of the east. i wish that some how they could bring it back :( but it was absolutely amazing
Sep 4, 2010 11:26 PM

Jul 2007
I am disappoint.

6/10
Sep 5, 2010 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
I can't imagine a better ending, this was great.
Sep 5, 2010 11:40 AM

Sep 2008
T-R-A-S-H.

Fuck you retarded story writer
Sep 5, 2010 2:56 PM

Feb 2009
It wasn't bad, but the ending just ruined alot for me. I had hoped for something more deep as an ending. This just feels like they were out of ideas for the story, and decided to end it with something this easy. >_> I expected a whole lot more. But maybe that's just me.
Sep 5, 2010 6:58 PM

Jan 2010
well... they spend the hole movie talking... but, it left a lot of questions D:
like, who was the 4 twins, or whatever e_e what they were doing there?
and the ending was lame. I loved the series and the first movie, but i disappointed with this one.
Sep 5, 2010 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
IMO i felt this movie was a total cop out. I had high hopes after seeing the series. Too many unexplained sequences and the ending was left opened without any real resolve like as if the whole game played by the Selacaos was a wasted effort. Just too many loose ends for me to swallow. Debating between 5 or 6/10 but again a lackluster conclusion towards a good series that i enjoyed.
Sep 6, 2010 1:38 PM
Sep 2010
Kinda disappointed but still ok.

=======================
"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -Don Vito Corleone, Godfather (1972)
Watch movies online for free here:http://www.moviesonlinelive.com
Sep 7, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed watching this movie...but it did feel like it was missing something. I would rate the movie by itself an 8 probably. Though looking at everything from a bigger perspective, I will rate this a 9.
Sep 7, 2010 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
this movie was rubbish, the ending was rubbish, the writers need to be hanged. I'm not going to give it a high rating just because the series was amazing, I'm trying to be objective here. The sense of disappointment I'm feeling now isn't particularly enjoyable, hence giving this movie anything above a 7 is criminal in my books.
Sep 7, 2010 9:44 AM

Oct 2008
Too much hype and left me disappointed in the end ;_;
Sep 7, 2010 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
I have mixed feelings about this movie.

I too was hoping for an Akira/Saki ending, but I guess not all love stories end happily. Though unlike with ParaKiss in which I thought it was refreshing and made sense that Yukari and George didn't end up together, I felt kind of empty that the movie didn't end with Akira returning to her like he had promised he would, maybe because their romance throughout the series was one of the better told romances that I've seen in recent years.

I'm confused about Akira's parentage. His mother didn't comment on him being the PM's son son, Mononobe and Juiz confirmed it, but there's no way that the DNA test would lie... or is it that someone had faked the results before delivering it to Chigusa, since she's supposed to testify against him? But I think for now I'll go with the DNA test.

So, I gave the TV series 9/10, the first movie 8/10 and this 7/10. The TV series was awesome in every way imaginable, from the script, directing, soundtrack and imagery; the first movie gave me the impression that it was building up to a grand finale and this one gave me a headache. Maybe it was a bad idea that there was 6 months wait between the TV series and each movie and my impression might improve or worsen after I watch it again in one sitting.
removed-userSep 8, 2010 4:47 AM
Sep 9, 2010 9:02 AM

Nov 2009
Meeh .. Someone can tell me where can I find the movie with GOOD subs? Oh god, the one I downloaded was horrible, with bad translate and the final was empty ;__; i didn't understand anything :/ (DNA, the promise, why Mr outside ended the game ..) so, if someone knows of a good fansub, tell me please :)
Sep 9, 2010 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
The movie was good, not great, not terrible, it was somewhat right into the spot of being OKAY. Now the series was fucking great, the fact that follow up sucked is only naturally.

Last movie tried to take a critical look at current Japan, where old people in charge was more concerned about creating consumer society instead of healthy culture that allowed people to earn money on top of the choice of how to use their earned cash.

We all probably seen it too, where old habits from the past haunt around your society preventing it from growing and evolving.

So in a way Taki's terrorist declaration was a way to rebel against that society, to let the young people with crazy "fresh" ideas have a chance at changing things.

Mr.Outsider who was Selaco 13, aka Supporter. When he heard that Takis declaration, he knew that Taki was right. But he was also scared of loosing current values and his power. So he forcefully ended the game.
Erasing everyone's memories.
Apparently he didnt wanted to loose to the young ones yet, so he wanted to start over the game(?)...? But for some reason mind erasing program didnt work on Taki, he probably already overdid it far too many times. So he ended up meeting Mr.Outsider and I guess doing the next best thing.

As for girls, I am inclined to believe their are "driver" supporters also a part of staff. But they do not work as Juize, since she is a computer program. That what I think at least.

Now he always went on and on how he will punch Mr.Outsider when he wins the game and gets a chance to meet him in person. That was the reason to why he had to leave Saki, the "I remembered one last thing I have to do".

Still, it saddened me that Saki was just left out, I would love to witness their sweet reunion/confession, I really liked her character. So I hope the "turning right on the next intersection" was in order to get to Saki's house.

P.S. NEET stands for 'Not in Education, Employment or Training'.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Sep 10, 2010 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
ZingFreelancer said:
Still, it saddened me that Saki was just left out, I would love to witness their sweet reunion/confession, I really liked her character. So I hope the "turning right on the next intersection" was in order to get to Saki's house.

This interpretation really uplifts me. The reason to why I didn't consider it was because we don't know when the part after the credits takes place, and Takizawa's reason to leave Saki was to find Mr. Outsider. Did it take him six months to find him? But we can assume by how the old man didn't remember him right away that a long time must've passed since then :D
removed-userSep 26, 2010 10:00 AM
Sep 10, 2010 10:10 AM

Nov 2009
People expect a lot more action from a movie, therefore this was a bit meh. These movies seem a bit forced and would work a lot better as just Season 2. There is hardly any money in anime these days and this probably allows them to cut a better deal so, whatever.
Sep 10, 2010 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
Hmm, I heavily put off watching this movie any sooner, simply because I didn't want it to be the last of the franchise I'll ever see. The ending was okay, although I'm really not satisfied when they come with sentences such as 'it was the last we saw off..' To me that's always such an easy cop-out.

And now? Is it even reasonable to think and hope for a sequel?
Can they really let go of it all so easily?
Sep 11, 2010 12:19 AM

Dec 2008
One word: lacking.

I expected a lot more from this movie, the ending completely dissapointed me and left me feeling empty.

Other than that, there isn't too much of a difference with the first movie (both good movies, but not great) regarding quality and plot. I still stick with the series, which acomplished more than these two movies did together.
Sep 11, 2010 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
I'm so disappointed.. i was looking for a real ending, something that would answer all the questions from tv series and first movie, i really belived that - even if Takizawa won't became a king - he's relationship with Saki will evolve, or he manage to do smth with he's life.

I must admit that it was really good, but i was waiting for somethnig 'more'.
I wish there will be some ova's or maybe second series to end this tottaly, clearly and summarize the whole thing we saw, and give us clearly end of this brillant story.
Sep 11, 2010 12:59 PM

May 2008
Very lacking.
I was expecting more of the Selecao to show up, but in the end only 9 of them actually made an appearance.
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
Sep 11, 2010 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
Well, the movie was good. But surely it wasn't really breathtaking as the series. The first movie wasn't too, though :)

I hope too, that he went to Saki's house, because if I'd met him, I'd slapped him right into his face for leaving his cutie for another half a year. Who does he think he is? :)

But didn't you notice that this kind of endings are actually a part of Japanese mentality maybe? To have the viewer be sitting after the show thinking "WTF?" :-D
Sep 11, 2010 2:51 PM

Jul 2008
I had way to high expectations for this. The first movie disappointed me a little, but I figured it was all part of the build up for an epic finale. But that didn't really happen. Like others have said, the TV show just built up the story to be so great the movies couldn't handle or live up to it.

Overall I found it entertaining, and nice to finally understand most of the story. So many characters got so little screen time though (even Saki). And the lack of Saki/Akira made me sad too. The kiss near the end was nice, but I was really upset that he never came back.

Also, I forgot that the story only chronicles 11 days. That is pretty cool.

But for me, TV series >>>> Movies.

I really don't know how to rate this either. I didn't feel it lived up to the show so I don't want to give it a 10. I feel like even an 8 or 9 are a little high for this, but since this is the finale I will try to view it with the series as a whole. 8/10 for now, unless I change my mind.

tl;dr: TV series was better. I wish the movies lived up to the expectations =/
Sep 12, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2009
Decent movie which addressed the major questions that were brought up over the course of the series. But it is difficult to find complete satisfaction with a conclusion that was on the underwhelming side after such an amazing buildup. Not expecting any more Eden of the East, but it would be nice to follow continue following Akira's exploits to improve the country and its people and to (hopefully) see the reunion with Saki.
Sep 12, 2010 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
I doubt there will be more EoE; Takizawa has regained his memories, the game is over, the NEET's situation has been improved and he had fulfilled his promise and returned to Saki, as the ending implied, so more EoE will be pointless. Also, Kenji Kamiyama doesn't strike me as the type who would go for sequels, and I think he had told everything he wanted to tell in the TV series and the movies.
Sep 13, 2010 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
Well...it was okay. The ending felt...incomplete. I'm satisfied that the game finished but at the end he didn't go and meet Saki :(
It was good but not the best. I think the series is much more better. 8/10

Sep 16, 2010 12:06 AM
Jun 2008
There's a few things I still don't get.

1. Regarding Takizawa's plan, it seemed to have two components. The first is to get old people to abandon their current value system in order to preserve Japan's values. How does this work?

2. The second aspect is encouraging people to earn money and not spend it. However, one of the prime reasons for Japan's economic troubles over the past couple decades is that people are saving money rather than spending it which causes the economy to slow down. Is there something I'm not getting here, or is Takizawa just supposed to be stupid?

3. Why did Takizawa erase his memories the second time? It didn't seem to serve any purpose.
Sep 19, 2010 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
build up... build up.. build up.... then..... POP...

Everything just fall down. I'm very disappointed. So much questions were unanswered; I still don't know what the hack is meant by calling someone 'Jonneys'.
Sep 19, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
honestly that was very bad in the end nothing made sense to me ;(

well Saki was cute as always
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2010 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
Now I'm thinking about the movie I change my opinion a bit (lol I always react way too strong if I just finished a serie/movie xd).. It's kinda ok, it let room for us to think how things will happen without them filling everything up.. But still.. a bit too rushed and it definetly missed some action the serie and the first movie had..
Well I expected more from his "final" decision but it was ok, very like him haha :P
He's so nice to offer himself up in order to make others happy, I really like that kinda main character ^^

Still it would've been épic if he would've been king :D

*(Air) King Akira* _O_ *bow* All Hail Akira* haha <3
Sep 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Apr 2009
That's a good idea, that Takizawa at the end was going to Saki's house... otherwise, ending was meh.
Sep 23, 2010 10:35 AM
Jan 2010
Holy unsatisfying ending... This left more open than the TV series in my opinion. I think a lot of josei have endings like this though... Nodame Cantabile anyone?
mandralyneSep 23, 2010 11:17 AM
Sep 23, 2010 10:50 AM

Jun 2009
gave it a great because the unresolved ending, im fine as long as there is another movie or still more
Sep 26, 2010 8:39 AM
Jul 2010
I wonder how many watched the scene after the credits, 6 months on, he's only just given Ato a beating.. He says he'll return and he's returned back to her every other time so I'm sure he will this time also.
Sep 27, 2010 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
It's alarming how a lot of you care more about Saki and Takizawa getting together than the actual plot itself. Perhaps you cretins should go back to watching generic romance shows?

I liked how politically charged Paradise Lost is. The creators left messages showing their disdain over today's destructive capitalism and calls for more power to the working people.

However, I'm slightly disappointed that they didn't explain the American connection. When Saki felt like the White House was the centre of the world, I was under the impression that someone or something in America is involved in the plot somehow.
garytekSep 27, 2010 9:48 AM
Sep 27, 2010 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
darkmac said:
There's a few things I still don't get.

1. Regarding Takizawa's plan, it seemed to have two components. The first is to get old people to abandon their current value system in order to preserve Japan's values. How does this work?

2. The second aspect is encouraging people to earn money and not spend it. However, one of the prime reasons for Japan's economic troubles over the past couple decades is that people are saving money rather than spending it which causes the economy to slow down. Is there something I'm not getting here, or is Takizawa just supposed to be stupid?

3. Why did Takizawa erase his memories the second time? It didn't seem to serve any purpose.

1) Takizawa wanted the old generation to pass national responsibilities to the younger generation who undoubtedly have fresh new ideas on improving the country. He never implied abandoning 'values'.

2) Saving money and earning money are two different actions.

More importantly, Japan's economic troubles have nothing to do with people saving money. It has more to do with the issues that Paradise Lost addresses: Japan's local industry has weakened. Remember the days when most electronics were made in Japan and not China? Like America, Japan has ceased producing anything of major industrial relevance and is now left with a consumerist system that credit can only sustain for so long.

3) Takizawa explains why he wiped out his memories in his meeting with Mononobe.
garytekSep 27, 2010 9:52 AM
Oct 4, 2010 9:57 AM

May 2010
I loved it *_*
Yes, there was a few questions after i saw it, but it has to end like that, cause its the one and only -mysterious Higashi no Eden . [it has to end mysteriously.]
~[hopes for third movie]~
Oh and if someone wants to watch it and cant find it [subbed]-
http://anime-exceed.com/higashi-no-eden-gekijouban-2-paradise-lost/
Oct 31, 2010 5:28 AM
Jul 2010
ending somewhat disappointing, I hope for 3rd movie otherwise, I might be really disappointed..
Nov 12, 2010 8:20 AM

Nov 2008
I think they just left the story to an open-ending to see if they can pull another movie. (Most animes do that: they base a sequel upon the fans' reaction and see if it'll be profitable.)

But frankly, all I want to see is the actual Saki-Takizawa reunion after No.9 finally smacked Mr. outside.

Well, it is somewhat interesting that Ato Saizo ended the game "for now" and we saw the ball girls/juiz girls and trailers move somewhere, but it will be tough to sell another movie unless they can produce a very interesting plot. :3

Nov 28, 2010 9:24 AM
Apr 2009
Things I Likes: The art was amazing as always and it met my expectations fully. The story itself was original and revealed a lot more about Akira, which I was interested to know more about.

Things I Dislikes: THE ENDING! Oh god and how they didn't explain the SakixAkira relationship properly. I really did have high hopes for those two but their relationship definitely did not progress enough. The movie for me did not wrap up the whole series but rather opened a new door for another sequel == (hopefully which won't be as gay)
The whole time I was sitting there going "SakixAkira moment. SakixAkira moment. SakixAkira moment."
It was SUPPOSE to be a romance series as well but the feeling comes off as more of a really dull unrequited love theme.

Overall: 7/10 (and this is when I'm generous, I really liked the series too ==)
Dec 6, 2010 12:28 AM

May 2009
lol he loved the ending after the credits...heck i knew it was coming thats why i learned to always watch until the end of the credits incase of an Epilogue xD also great movie and okay ending wow the 2 selaceos at the end died pretty stupidly o.O and anyway atleast not all but one selaceo died but like 5 of them survived anyway great series overall not sure about the ending it couldl lead maybe to another movie or series? you never know ;P
Dec 27, 2010 2:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very disappointing because of the anticlimatic direction....

Pretty much all this premise leads to nowhere. Nothing much has changed and it turned out to be a VERY long, shallow and dragged lesson on modern society (especially Japan).

At least they could have provided more insight that actually makes sense, not some random scenario that tries to make itself seem deep but isn't. Disappointed after the TV series showed some interesting premise. Seems they ran out of ideas at the end.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 29, 2010 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
This was pretty bad. All that happened was dialogue. No action. Also, it would have been better if the ending was clearer. Now I'm going to be expecting a third movie.. and I don't know if I'd watch it.

Only interesting thing was the kiss. 7/10 I guess because there were some parts that were interesting (meeting "Mr.Outside").
Dec 29, 2010 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
The kiss was the only thing that made this movie for me. I'm disappointed. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 1, 2011 4:48 PM
Nov 2010
So does anyone know when the 3rd's coming out/what it's called?
Jan 1, 2011 5:07 PM
Mar 2009
LiamLiam said:
So does anyone know when the 3rd's coming out/what it's called?

Atm there is no 3rd movie.
Jan 2, 2011 6:06 AM

Mar 2009
Having watched the series in one go, I can say the movie took the easy way out by not having a clear ending. Although I may not like how the "wrapped things up" I think they accomplished their goal of getting their message out.
Like number 10 said, (not exact quote) you can work your butt of for hours on end only to just barely make ends meet, and having a higher education can only go so far. Not all of us can be CEO's and Presidents. A dollar (Yen, Euro or whichever) doesn't go as far as it used to or frankly should go. My Grandmother worked with a grade 3 education and she lived quite comfortly.But heck, you can't even get a decent job without a high school diploma! Our elders pushed and pushed on us that we have to study our butts off then work our butts off to get anywhere in this world, but guess what they didn't have to work that hard to get where they are! Instead of the value of a hard days earning it's all about spending lots of money on yourself. Money is the most important thing in today's society but it really shouldn't be. The rich who are living of their ancestors success and hard work don't understand what hard work is and don't understand why poor people are poor, like it's their fault their poor. Instead of living in a world where the rich (old people) rule, it should about the new generation and how they can change the world.
Anyway there are a few things I'd change.
1. Saki should have gone with Akira.
2. We should have learnt his real name from his mother.
3. We should have leant more about his past, like who his father was, if he was a nobody or someone important.
4. Alll 11 should have had a bigger impact or at least a little about what they did with their money. Even what they said they would do with 10 billion Yen.
5. Instead of 11 episodes and 2 movies they should have done three season containing 11 episodes structured like the first season. That way we could have more background info on all 12 and have more Saki/Akira time.
6. More explosions and "Bang!"s

Overall I'd still give it a 9/10. They said what they wanted to say, they left it up to you to decide if the story goes on, they're realistic in saying that all of us have to work together to make a big change, one person can't change the world if he doesn't have followers supporting him along the way. It was Akira's story and they stuck with it to the end, if one of 12 didn't have direct contact with him they didn't have big parts. I can't critize them for giving us what they said they would.
I enjoyed it I'm glad I watched it to the end.
Cat Love

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't freaken get it.

Zammyfighter - Aug 27, 2010

2 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 7, 2021 4:51 PM

» Paradise Lost spoilers thread

Sand_Alchemist - Mar 29, 2010

10 by CarbonMD »»
Feb 7, 2021 4:51 PM

» English dub

GreenSuperman18 - Jun 4, 2011

3 by Arman_ARA »»
Jan 28, 2017 6:59 AM

» Is this...

aksdmklsmalas - Jul 23, 2010

5 by FallIntoDespair »»
May 5, 2016 5:48 AM

» Memories

DrakensbergMist - May 3, 2014

4 by Lopika »»
Jun 10, 2015 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.