Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, I know they're trying to develop more with Maou and Max's relationship but this is getting more and more awkward. I think Maou trying to learn more about Max is more out of curiousity for now though.

Not sure how I feel about Zenia yet but hey, at least they are giving more screentime besides the main leads. She has a rather serious personality though.
Stark700Jul 10, 2023 6:46 AM
Jul 10, 2023 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
The Demon Lord taking care of Max's apartment, though she has to transpose herself into the likeness of a human being...and a sexy one at that to stalk Max's whereabouts, though she begins to be more disappointed about his daily looks of even drinking in the daylight, playing soccer with kids, and more lazing and laxing to be beaten by some thugs. Though the Demon Lord saved him, Max is no hero, and chooses to enjoy on his own terms...to the one-room viewings.

The usual meal prepared at home, and they have a visitor: the girl in glasses, the Demon Lord's personal servant Zenia. Having walked days to find their apartment, to find Max being a recluse, Zenia is not happy, though Max puts her at her place, retaining her strength. But after a long walk, a bath is needed, and Zenia makes Max's apartment his home, though the Demon Lord leaving them both to their own devices, Zenia becomes drunk and fights for real, running outside in pure nakedness and hilarity, until the local police has to stop her. Even his heroic story is nothing but a footnote now, though it's un-noteworthy however, as Zenia moves in as their next-door neighbour.

Someone's about to notice them, apart from the hero Max...more to come...
Jul 10, 2023 6:56 AM

Apr 2014
Zenia's part was a peak! It was very hilarious. lmao...
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 10, 2023 7:05 AM

Mar 2021
Zenia is hilarious can't wait to see her mess around with Max more
Jul 10, 2023 7:16 AM

Aug 2017
Zenia was hilarious + her fanservice make this the perfect episode. Glad she is moving next door, more of her! Still curious about the ghost girl though.
Jul 10, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, good comedy and demon lord with her secretary will be living with max from now on. Excited for more silly and funny interactions.
Jul 10, 2023 8:17 AM
May 2021
are they ever going to address the creepy...ghost?? in max's closet?
My 2023 candies:
Jul 10, 2023 8:23 AM
Aug 2020
To laugh a little bit, it was a good choice for today.

A lot of clichés for the moment but I don’t expect much from it, just to have a good time and it’s enough…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 10, 2023 8:32 AM

Jan 2008
If the Maou's default form was the busty oneesan, this would be so much better. Zenia fanservice is basically carrying the show, albeit weak service. Interest is definitely declining. 
Jul 10, 2023 8:36 AM

Jun 2016
The anime version wasn't exactly bad but the manga did a better job at capturing "the grossness of the situation".
Jul 10, 2023 8:45 AM

Dec 2021
Lets continue this satire journey with Max and Maou!

I thought we would continue on from last episode and we explore that mysterious women in Max's closet (could've been Zenia but idk) but I digress, this episode is just more satire fun! I found it quite funny that Max doesn't want to be seen outside with Maou because he already has multiple "accusations" against him lol. At least Max meets Zenia though and the interaction between those two genuinely made me laugh.

This show continues to not disappoint comedy wise, you can also see glimpses of Max and Maou's dynamic and bond growing and I love that. The fanservice also continues to not disappoint lol, Maou's "high school girl transformation" and still in the baby high school clothes -definitely wins best girl for me-

While this episode sets the groundwork for future plotlines and character development, the pacing feels a bit uneven. The episode focuses more on slice-of-life moments and comedic elements, resulting in a slower narrative progression, but who cares this show clearly doesn't take it self seriously so I don't mind!

Jul 10, 2023 10:11 AM
Mar 2020
Maou has more class and attitude than Zenia and it's hilarious. 

And the scene where Max saw Maou in his girl form and then suddenly turning back to normal again right at his door is also somewhat funny. 
Jul 10, 2023 10:17 AM

Dec 2010
Man, they really did Maou's JK version dirty. After what they did with Zenia, now we don't get any underboobs.
DarkDooM2May 12, 6:06 AM
Jul 10, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2019
I should've known that the cute girl with green hair is simply Maou transformed. Btw, I noticed that Maou was referred as a "he" in this episode so why is he in a female body? I know the clothes are Zenia's idea at least, not sure if she has some type of school uniform fetish. Also, what about the ghost in the closet??

Besides the questions this was a pretty funny episode and someone has noticed that Zenia is a demon.
Jul 10, 2023 11:47 AM

Oct 2008
omg! we're only at ep 2 and it is so hilarious!
HAHAHA -> "how does someone end up naked with brass knuckles?..."  bwahahha
5/5.

Jul 10, 2023 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
Way better episode than episode 1. Got to see a bit of Max’s rather sad daily life, as well as the restraint he has to show on a daily basis when people mess with him.

A lot of people would’ve just destroyed those dudes who were messing with him. Just shows he does still feel that desire to protect people even after society has forgotten him.

Maou transformed form go brrr, but looks like they censored her design from the manga. No underboob 0/5.

Zenia carried the episode yet again and I’m glad she’s moving next door so that her fanservice moments come more often.

Are they ever gonna address the literal ghost in max closet lol?
Jul 10, 2023 11:59 AM

Jan 2022
Alfredo-Sauce said:
I should've known that the cute girl with green hair is simply Maou transformed. Btw, I noticed that Maou was referred as a "he" in this episode so why is he in a female body? I know the clothes are Zenia's idea at least, not sure if she has some type of school uniform fetish. Also, what about the ghost in the closet??

Besides the questions this was a pretty funny episode and someone has noticed that Zenia is a demon.

I picked up on that, too. As of now, I think that demons are seen as genderless. I guess Max calls the Demon Lord a "he" because Max is more familiar with his past body being more male. Though the confusion stems from the secretary dressing the Demon lord as a Loli. (As you mentioned) But to be fair, the show is a comedy, so it could be a gag to mess with the audience/set up the jokes. (I'm speculating, tho, just my two cents)
Jul 10, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2018
Started off with some stalking from a disguised demon lord, then ending up with a drunk Zenia chasing Max, now she's even moving in next door...bit of a chaotic one.
Looks like we'll be introduced to one of the people who used to travel with the hero.
Jul 10, 2023 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
It's funny that Maou has a "teen form" too. That's another thing she has in common with Jahy.

With such a hearty appetite it's no wonder that Zenia is so thick.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
It's been great so far, decent comedy, some fanservice, laid back but also touching and a bit sad with the state of Max, he seemed great with kids.
Jul 10, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Man, God bless Zenia for that outfit... goddamn that ass! Also, I'm hoping for that shower scene to get uncensored...

Drunk Zenia was incredible in many ways lmao. Hikasa Youko is great as always.

I actually had no idea who the green haired girl was in the OP until I watched a PV after watching the first episode haha. Of course he would get those weird looks wearing that outfit (like Zenia), and damn, that's quite the transformation. I wonder how they'll get to hang out together as seen in the OP. For now it's nice how wholesome Maou is with Max.

By the way, what's with that ghost in the closet? It's not like she shows up briefly, she's always there xD.

I'm having a lot of fun with this show.
Jul 10, 2023 1:18 PM
Jun 2023
great intro! nice characters!
Jul 10, 2023 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
Fun episode. I'm just suprised no one addressed the elephant in the room. Or maybe the thing in the closet. It was there peeking the entire episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 10, 2023 2:09 PM

Oct 2018
Ok yeah this thing is quite funny.
Jul 10, 2023 2:14 PM
Nov 2019
DarkDooM2 said:
Man, they really did Maou's JK version dirty. After what they did with Zenia, now we don't get any underboobs.
bro i was so exited for this then i saw what they did to zenia,i cant bealive it,and its the reason i wont watch this sadly.. Do you think in blue ray they will show more?

Jul 10, 2023 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Zenia steals the show.

Jul 10, 2023 3:55 PM

May 2014
Zenia's rear always gets a lot of detail I see.

Someone notice the ghost in the closet already! Although it might be funnier if the characters never acknowledge it.
Jul 10, 2023 4:14 PM
Aug 2017
fancyjasper said:
Zenia's rear always gets a lot of detail I see.

Someone notice the ghost in the closet already! Although it might be funnier if the characters never acknowledge it.
It would be really hard to NOT notice that :D
Jul 10, 2023 5:15 PM

Dec 2022
Great and funny episode
Jul 10, 2023 5:36 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the demon girl i didn't know i needed....
Jul 10, 2023 6:16 PM
Jul 2017
Zenia is more than enough reason for me to watch this show
Jul 10, 2023 7:18 PM

May 2023
A little silly, a little humorous. Not a bad watch for a slight dose of comedy. But failed to create an interest in the plot.
Oyasumi...
Sayonara FG!

Jul 10, 2023 8:58 PM

Mar 2008
What was Max drinking after leaving the convenience store? Is that sake that comes in disposable containers ready to drink? Or is it some other kind of drink?

Alfredo-Sauce said:

It's kind of throwing me off too. In the previous episode I could have sworn the subtitles were referring to Maou in his reincarnated form as a "she". Seems to subbers cant make up their minds which to use since Japanese often dont use pronouns. I assume Maou is a girl now even in pint sized form rather than Zenia making Maou crossdress but im not sure anymore.
traedJul 10, 2023 9:01 PM
Jul 10, 2023 9:24 PM
Apr 2023
traed said:
What was Max drinking after leaving the convenience store? Is that sake that comes in disposable containers ready to drink? Or is it some other kind of drink?

Yeah you can buy sake in stumpy glass bottles with a pull-top. It looks kind of trashy (to me anyway 😅) but they sell the same imported ones in 7-11 in SE Asia too, and they're pretty cheap.
Jul 10, 2023 9:30 PM

Mar 2008
GooseHybrid said:
traed said:

Yeah you can buy sake in stumpy glass bottles with a pull-top. It looks kind of trashy (to me anyway 😅) but they sell the same imported ones in 7-11 in SE Asia too, and they're pretty cheap.

Ah I see, thanks. Made me thirsty lol In US we have similar but usually it's low alcohol content stuff sold in places like that or pretty small quantities.
Jul 10, 2023 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
Fell off already compared to the first episode i'd say if talking character building. Should still be enjoyable and similar to Hataraku Maou-sama! with comedy though hopefully.
Jul 10, 2023 10:08 PM

Sep 2018
Can't watch this and not get Jahy Sama vibes, though that's 70% to do with the VA lol
Jul 10, 2023 11:32 PM
Apr 2023
So basically Max now has two bijin within his reach (but one is questionable).
Really hilarious incidents specially that chase 😆
Jul 11, 2023 12:12 AM
Aug 2020
Just spit balling here but since the priest guy is the rich CEO, and the knight is the naked muscle guy we see in the OP and EN but the wizard girl with the party is nowhere to be seen I am going to guess that the ghost in the closet is the wizard girl.
Jul 11, 2023 12:21 AM

May 2015
Max's daily routine is slightly sad to see. I'm glad Maou has come to break up his monotony. Zenia chasing him throughout the city on all fours was hilarious.
Jul 11, 2023 12:42 AM

Nov 2022
Yet another fun ep! I wonder maybe the closet ghost girl is his past female ally since we don't see her back with the squad in the op and stuff.
Jul 11, 2023 3:40 PM
Feb 2020
I love how there is a ghost just hanging in the background without anyone aknowledging it
Jul 11, 2023 6:49 PM

Oct 2022
I watched a few of first episodes this season, now get to the show that's actually good. Well at least the first half of it was. Max goes out.. wearing crappy clothes and what can only be described as purple crocs. But Mau follows (disguised as a hot chick) and sees he's not as bad a dude as the newspaper says. He goofs around with local kids and refused to fight back against some bullies... when they were walking back in the sunset it really felt like some heavy stuff. But then Zenia shows up and everything goes sideways... but her reaction to being caught by the police was pretty funny. He has a long way to go from rock bottom but it seems like all the ingredients are in place for Max to rebuild his life with the help of friends.
Jul 11, 2023 10:50 PM
Jul 12, 2023 12:22 PM
May 2020
getting chased by a naked demon girl... bro living my dream
Jul 12, 2023 10:45 PM

Jul 2022
Nikoslovescoffee said:
I love how there is a ghost just hanging in the background without anyone aknowledging it

That ghost is starting to give me the creeps.
Jul 12, 2023 11:03 PM
Jul 2023
nội dung bộ phim không phải là mới nhưng hình thức kết cấu, diển biến đã tạo nên nhiều điểm nổi bật và nêu lên những hình ảnh đặc trưng những người chưa có việc làm
Jul 13, 2023 1:10 AM

Jul 2019
Zenia (glasses, short hair, swimsuit and HORNS!) is the MVP of this anime, though I like both Maou and Max and their mom/son banter.
Jul 13, 2023 1:53 AM
Feb 2020
HanamiDango said:
Zenia (glasses, short hair, swimsuit and HORNS!) is the MVP of this anime
I legit didnt expect Zenia to have that personality .I was expecting a timid pushover. The fact that we got someone so bonkers took me really off guard and I am all for it lmao . This is so much better !
Jul 13, 2023 2:02 AM

Jul 2019
Nikoslovescoffee said:
HanamiDango said:
Zenia (glasses, short hair, swimsuit and HORNS!) is the MVP of this anime
I legit didnt expect Zenia to have that personality .I was expecting a timid pushover. The fact that we got someone so bonkers took me really off guard and I am all for it lmao . This is so much better !

Yeah, I like her emotional side as well. Brass knuckles! <3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2023

60 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2023

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2023

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

65 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2023

96 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 12, 9:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.