Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
I want to watch 20 Now
Too bad i can't !

May 22, 2010 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
Monad said:
They could have very well collided with out him. His not manipulating shit. He just put a little oil in the fire if he can but the fire is already there and his not the one who made her. Izaya didn't make Anri go check on Kida, Izaya didn't call Celty to rescue her, Izaya didn't start the war of blue and yellow gangs, Izaya didn't create the dollars, Izaya had nothing to do with the mad woman that was slashing around people as slasher in place of Anri and hurting her, Izaya never told that creepy teacher to go start molesting female students, Izaya never told Kida to go search revenge for Anri, and i could continue. All this events happened despite Izaya's presents. Actually the only thing that Izaya really is responsible is holding Celty's head.
Its true,izaya didn't do much,but Izaya is the information agent.He contain dangerous information that could harm Ikebukoro.So...you think information alone can't start the war?previous episode give a good example of how information destroy Kida's live.Izaya just "pointing" the direction of a person's needs and wants.

From the moment he doesn't spread false information to create events there is no problem if he is holding information. The reason he seems evil is because with the information he has he could really help but he doesn't because he enjoys watching them. His like a sadist that enjoys watching other people torturing others but he doesn't do anything by himself. Well whether he watches or not the other person is still gonna get tortured.
The information he has wouldn't help anyone if he didn't exist ether. For example look at the information he gave Mikato in this episode. They were all truth. Everything he said was truth and he just answered to the questions asked. He just didn't go by himself helping Mikato by telling him his best friend was the leader of the yellow guys.Well with out him Mikato wouldn't have learned that anyway.
And information didn't do anything to Kida's life. Kida destroyed himself and i explained in my post of the previews episode how. It was all his fault. The only thing Izaya did was not answering the phone when it was needed to help. He just helps when he wants for his amusement but his not hurting anyone. His way of hurting is not being there to help or give information to help. But as i said if he didn't exist he wouldn't be there to help ether.
May 22, 2010 4:59 AM
Dec 2007
Probably the best episode of Durarara!! as far as script and character developments are concerned. It was simply brilliant even if we could have done without the voice over.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 22, 2010 5:15 AM
Jun 2008
Monad said:

And information didn't do anything to Kida's life. Kida destroyed himself and i explained in my post of the previews episode how. It was all his fault. The only thing Izaya did was not answering the phone when it was needed to help. He just helps when he wants for his amusement but his not hurting anyone. His way of hurting is not being there to help or give information to help. But as i said if he didn't exist he wouldn't be there to help ether.

I think you miss the part where Izaya talking to kida in the hospital....Actually he is just repeating kida's action.Did you remember the "God subject" he bring as a metaphor during the conversation?
( i am not paying much attention on last episode's forum.... sorry )
Just like last episode,Izaya is doing the same thing right now....de ja vu right?
MorningGloryMay 22, 2010 5:24 AM
May 22, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
I guess this is a good episode:)

May 22, 2010 6:24 AM

Jan 2010
Izaya is being a jerk, but thats why we all love him :)
I wonder when his sisters are gonna show up?

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
May 22, 2010 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
o.o Wow, I hope they figure everything out soon...I'd hate to see Izaya's wonderful war plans come to fruition. I wonder if someone dies in the end o.o

Also, Dotachiiin x3
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 22, 2010 6:45 AM

May 2010
The story is becoming more and more interesting !
It'll be a hoT ending ...the war might start ...but i wonder what will happen when the leader of the dollars will met the one of the yellow scarves ! LOL
May 22, 2010 7:48 AM

Apr 2009
Ha, so now Celty actually have all the aces knowing all three leader's true identities. Cool. Awesome episode as always.
May 22, 2010 8:04 AM

Feb 2009
No Shizuo...

May 22, 2010 8:20 AM
Sep 2009
Durarara is overrated
May 22, 2010 8:26 AM
Apr 2010
Not as good episode as the last, but I loved it nonetheless

Random thoughts on the episode
-Loved the part with Celty mentioning how scared of the cop she was
xD
-I am starting to dislike Izaya more and more, especially how he is manipulating poor Mikado to the shadows! I hope Mikado does not end up like Kida
-Finally Kida tried to get some advice! This might lessen the chances of the war a little.
May 22, 2010 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
Yay, that was cool. Kida looked so badass with that smile and talk he was giving to Celty. That bastard Izaya just keeps messing with kid's heads.I also find it funny how people are actually saying Izaya has hardly done anything wrong.

May 22, 2010 9:01 AM

Apr 2010
Love how Izaya is toying with them.
Expect the unexpected... Surprise butt secks!
May 22, 2010 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
When Saika(Anri) entered the chat, I found it funny when she said "Good evening" just like that.
Loved Izaya's smile when he was chatting. Pure evil.
I was impressed when Anri used the Slasher network to get information. Celty rescue was awesome as well as Anri pulling out Saika to deflect that pipe.
Now have a real misunderstanding about the Dolars and Slasher. And some secrets of the Yellow Scarves appear. We have an overlap of members in this war it seems. Wonder where their loyalties lie in the end.

Awesome episode. Building up the story for the finale, only 5 more episodes =( Still, we have a lot of characters missing, like Shinra, his father, Harima Mika, Seiji Yagiri and also the people shown at the OP, like Shizuo's brother, the policeman and Tom Tanaka. Hope they participate in the happenings.

Next episode, Dotachin and Erika removes their hats and Walker opens his eyes again. Something big and exciting may happen here. Can't wait for the next episode. But what was up with the person wearing the mouse costume in the preview XD
belatkuroMay 22, 2010 9:30 AM
May 22, 2010 9:21 AM

May 2008
This is getting irritating. Anri just made matters worse

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 22, 2010 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
greenmush said:

I agree.
This episode was a waste. They should start the war thing already.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.
May 22, 2010 9:59 AM

May 2008
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:

I agree.

If the ending is a big let down...I don't even want to think about it. We only have 5 episodes left.

I think this episode was needed because there is no point starting the war already. It would become too dragged, as you said we still have 5 episodes.

Personally I still think this is awsome~~
May 22, 2010 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
sayami said:
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:

I agree.

I think this episode was needed because there is no point starting the war already. It would become too dragged, as you said we still have 5 episodes.

Well ofcourse, you're entitled to your opinion. No episode of DRR can be bad. Just that more could've been done in this one....or perhaps it's me raging over not enough Shizuo.
I just want it to end right. I don't want some big-ass cliff hanger. The fact that only 5 episodes are left is really making me hyper now.
May 22, 2010 12:55 PM

Mar 2010
k0k0 said:
sayami said:
k0k0 said:
greenmush said:

I agree.

Well ofcourse, you're entitled to your opinion. No episode of DRR can be bad. Just that more could've been done in this one....or perhaps it's me raging over not enough Shizuo.
I just want it to end right. I don't want some big-ass cliff hanger. The fact that only 5 episodes are left is really making me hyper now.

Don't worry too much about that, there's a solid conclusion despite some loose ends that tie into the later novels. 5 episode should be enough to fit it in. :)
May 22, 2010 1:43 PM

May 2009
I'm starting to like Kida more than Izaya.
May 22, 2010 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
Jagd84 said:

Don't worry too much about that, there's a solid conclusion despite some loose ends that tie into the later novels. 5 episode should be enough to fit it in. :)

Well. I think in the anime it might appear like there were more loose ends, because they made characters seem more important than they actually are during the first 3 volumes.
Many things should have been either much more brief or left out entirely...but who knows, maybe they have a 2nd season planned. I honestly don't know how well it went in terms of viewers.

belatkuro said:
Still, we have a lot of characters missing, like Shinra, his father, Harima Mika, Seiji Yagiri and also the people shown at the OP, like Shizuo's brother, the policeman and Tom Tanaka. Hope they participate in the happenings.

Many of them won't play a huge role during this arc.
It's what I hinted at above, that the anime built up such huge expectations regarding minor characters even though they don't actually play any major role during the first 3 arcs...

For me this is the one point that the anime adaption truly failed at and why it often seems a bit disconnected in itself.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 22, 2010 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Jagd84 said:

I really hope you're right buddy.

A second season would be great...but I want them to tie up the first one nicely. Hope they don't pull a giant Geass cliff hanger on us.
May 22, 2010 2:44 PM
Mar 2010
Holy shit, :D Drrr soon done
May 22, 2010 2:55 PM

Aug 2009
FoxInTheBox said:

I know!!! I'm gonna be absolutely devastated!!! X'O
May 22, 2010 3:11 PM

Dec 2007
I'm going to miss this series when it ends. ;_;

Epic episode.
May 22, 2010 4:54 PM

Mar 2009
Baaah, only 5 episodes left.... I'm gonna be so sad. ; v ;

As others have said, I have a love/hate relationship with Izaya. I love because he's an asshole and I hate him because he's an asshole. wat

Good episode, though. C: Sorry, but the inner fangirl must speak out for a moment - Kida was so hot in thiisss. ; A ;
May 22, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2009
It's getting dull :|

I wish Shingen would appear again.
May 22, 2010 6:38 PM

Nov 2007
Their lil' chat rooms keep reminding me of IRC.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 22, 2010 6:45 PM
Nov 2008
meh i think that was the worst ep so far ;_;
May 22, 2010 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with Wasabi. A lot of this mess could have been avoided had Anri grew a pair and told Kida the truth. It would have mostly stopped there. But, they wanted more drama, so whatever.

@Monad
Manipulation is more than just lying. It's knowing the people you're using well enough to know how to get a desired outcome. Izaya wants a war, thinking he'll be all powerful having a fully restored Celty at his side, so anything he can do to make that happen, he will: be it making Masaomi feel horribly guilty about what's-her-face during the Yellow/Blue War, not telling Anri, Masomi, and Mikado about each other, not telling Celty he has her head, etc. Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.

Pretty good episode. I crack a smile every time Celty gets paranoid about the cops. I didn't like the narration, though.
noteDheroMay 22, 2010 8:21 PM
May 22, 2010 7:19 PM

Oct 2009
Inver said:
Durarara is overrated

Lol, your first post is about how an anime is overrated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 7:30 PM
Jun 2008
DoubleDango said:
Inver said:
Durarara is overrated

Lol, your first post is about how an anime is overrated.
HAHAHA I did not notice that,When i saw the word "overrated",I was like "not again....."and I simply just ignore the whole thing including the person who post it.
May 22, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I agree with Wasabi. A lot of this mess could have been avoided had Anri grew a pair and told Kida the truth. It would have mostly stopped there. But, they wanted more drama, so whatever.

About that, call me crazy, but I just don't think it's that easy to casually tell your friends "I'm actually a possessed demon sword who cuts for shits and giggles."
noteDhero said:

@Monad
Manipulation is more than just lying. It's knowing the people you're using well enough to know how to get a desired outcome. Izaya [i[wants a war, thinking he'll be all powerful having a fully restored Celty at his side, so anything he can do to make that happen, he will: be it making Masaomi feel horribly guilty about what's-her-face during the Yellow/Blue War, not telling Anri, Masomi, and Mikado about each other, not telling Celty he has her head, etc. Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.

Dhero knows what I'm talkin about!
May 22, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
Not as exciting as previous episodes, but I did enjoy it. Hopefully these kids can figure out how badly they're being played before Izaya can get his war.
May 22, 2010 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
True. It isn't that easy. But she has to be aware of the repercussions of her inaction, and every minute that she doesn't tell the truth is a minute that can drastically negatively impact a lot of bystanders the three of them command.
May 22, 2010 9:34 PM
Jan 2010
xDDD Simon.

'Human sushi. It hurts and it doesn't taste good.'

I do hope Durarara!! ends nicely, and since it seems quite popular, maybe there's a chance at a second season...

Is there any company doing a translation and publishing the novels in English? I really want to see how the anime compares with the original...
May 22, 2010 9:54 PM

Sep 2007
I liked this episode~~! I wonder what Anri's going to do now that she knows Kida's secret. And I too am love/hateing Izaya at the moment.

Though what I'm really wanting to see is what Mikado's going to do with the dollars! Here's me kind of hoping they get more together and organized, but with such a mixed group, that'd be quite the difficult task, huh. This coming war is going to be crraaaaazzyyyyy. xD
May 22, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2008
awesome ... cant wait to see how this series will advance .

May 22, 2010 10:18 PM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Does Izaya outright lie? No. But you don't really need to when you know everything. Instead, you can tell half-truths, and refuse to give out information. Knowledge is power, and he wields it like no one else in the show.
Hahah Ya,actually he did tell lie but to be honest did he tell lie or not is not being told.
but he did confess about himself during episode 18.remember the metaphor he use about the "god subject" he trying to bring.Maybe his word is a bit too confusing,but try replacing the word "God" into "information",then everything will look like as if he is trying to confess himself to Kida,but Kida still don't realize it... ^^
~~knowing Izaya personality doesn't really makes any different anyway.Since noteDhero is almost right anyway.
MorningGloryMay 23, 2010 8:34 AM
May 23, 2010 1:13 AM
Feb 2009
Amg sht are coming together >>> a real gang war now id love to see that
May 23, 2010 7:10 AM

Jan 2009
Chane doing some perfume advertisement in the background~ xD

Anyway, can't they just air the rest of the episodes like.. Now? xD..
Also, do want more Saki.
OosranMay 23, 2010 7:14 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 23, 2010 8:38 AM

Oct 2007

DoubleDango said:
Can't wait to see the end of this serie damn it.

The whole "best friends fighting eachother for the sake of eachother" is so
amazingly good.

This why I love this show.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
May 23, 2010 9:17 AM

May 2010
Puppet master Izaya are all kinds of awesome :D
May 23, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Izaya is the master of equivocation.
I agree with Garfield, it would be too hard for Anri to tell Kida about her identity. Plus if she did that the chances of sustaining her lifestyle would be obliterated on the spot.
Plus it would be to boring.
Well do you thin she will learn Mikado is the leader of the dollars to and be stuck in the middle?
May 23, 2010 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
This is getting better and better! I'm so excited to see the next episode. :D

Optime olere occisum hostem!
May 23, 2010 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Misunderstandings always make a plot better.
May 23, 2010 7:43 PM

Feb 2010
Zepwich said:
FoxInTheBox said:

I know!!! I'm gonna be absolutely devastated!!! X'O

I'm the same as you. It made my thursdays (the RAW) and my saturdays (the subs)

Phew...I already want a second season...but also want to see how this ends up.
May 24, 2010 5:52 AM

Dec 2009
I love Izaya's way o toying around with people <3.

Slasher & Dullahan team-up ! xDDD
May 24, 2010 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
God I'm loving the way things are going. That sly Izaya's grin is ominous. Anri may have been a badass if the meat in her bewbs goes to her brain. But then again things would be boring, so yeah, let her cower in her corner. Celty's horse is cool. Kida's scary. And Mikado... he should really get rid of that voice. And lol, Simon xD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

598 by dspr »»
May 4, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kanade-chan - Jun 10, 2010

335 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

206 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 4, 12:01 AM

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

4 by Haemogoblin »»
May 3, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Blackbird - May 13, 2010

243 by Supremestrawhat »»
May 3, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.