Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 18, 2010 7:27 AM

Oct 2007
Kuchibiru said:
As a yuri fan, that reverse-trap Misaki was just HNNNNNG. -3- *Watches scene again*

Can't agree more, reverse-trap Misaki was probably the best outfit she had in the series up till now, for me anyway. I love reverse traps though so I'm bias I guess :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 18, 2010 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
pinkangel28 said:
I felt so sorry for Usui at the beginning

Seconded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2010 3:26 PM

Jul 2009
I still don't understand why Usui kissed Yukimura.
May 18, 2010 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Best episode so far. This is the first one that has hooked me for the next week.
May 18, 2010 5:45 PM

Jan 2010
Tetraa said:
I still don't understand why Usui kissed Yukimura.

If I'm not mistaken, it was because after he kissed Misaki, she was acting distant towards him, so he kissed a dude in front of her to make Misaki think that the kiss wasn't anything important, and that he does it all the time, so she shouldn't have to stress so much.

Sorry if I put it in a confusing way~
May 19, 2010 6:22 AM

Aug 2008
I wonder what Igarashi is plotting. I can't tell if he's interested in Misaki.
May 19, 2010 7:02 AM

Feb 2009
Since when did Usui start calling her "Ayuzawa"?
May 19, 2010 9:45 AM
Jan 2008
With that homo kiss, my opinion of Takumi continuously to get lower & lower with every episode. Most of you might praise his action because he's trying to make Misaki to feel at ease after she got bothered about their kiss, but I don't see anything great or nice about it since he's dragging the poor innocent Yukimura into his act. Really, what a jerk!

And unlike some people here, I don't feel sorry for him at all that his feeling not being taken seriously by Misaki. The only ones that I feel pity for are the trio guys, who had no chance to get Misaki at all compared to Takumi.

Besides, it's his own fault for forcing his feeling on her & ignoring her feeling. And on top of that, he continuously keep teasing her & thus makes her to feel annoy towards him. I don't care if you're saying that it's his way to show his affection towards her nor you're trying to point out his good points by saying that he's giving her advice sometimes or saving her many times, Takumi is still a jerk that I dislike so much. Eversince the scene where he lifted Misaki's skirt up, I suddenly feel totally annoy with him.

Somehow, I feel satisfy seeing Takumi being chided by Misaki for being annoying & teasing her all the time. +10 points for Misaki there. Eventhough she felt disturbed about the kiss, I'm glad she's not so easy to give in to Takumi. Bravo!!

As for the chess match in this episode, that was really a pathetic way to continue on showing viewers how 'perfect' Usui Takumi is. Tch, show me what strategy he used in the game other than making the opponent to lost his concentration & feeling uneasy with his ignorance attitude. Really, it would be better if they play Go instead of chess.

And as for the antagonist, yes, I like him. I just hope that he won't turn into something like the trio guys. I also hope that he's got better skill to match (or beat :P) Takumi. My prediction is either it's going to be a déjà vu, where Misaki will save herself again from the bad guy or Takumi is going to be the hero who save the damsel in distress. Hopefully, my predictions are wrong & it won't go either way. I'm still waiting for this 'Misaki to save Takumi' thing.
multiMay 19, 2010 9:49 AM
May 19, 2010 2:02 PM

Jan 2010
... the kiss O.O
and the dude was like "WWWHHHHAAATTT?!" when Usui said "checkmate" xD
And those Miyabigaoka bastards >.> especially the Prez of that stupid school >.>
Rat Bastard >.>
May 20, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
ahahaha...Yukimura...you're so lucky^^

May 21, 2010 3:09 AM

Jun 2009
Woah Usui kissed Yukimaru for the sake of Misaki

Rather than a fly call her a Butterfly - for a second I thought he would deal something more serious but that was funny though

Nice, the story will be more interesting this time
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 21, 2010 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Usui really is seme 8D
Really good episode, I'm really looking forward to the next <3

May 21, 2010 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
This anime Is good??? <<<<????? ok next week i start reading it...
May 21, 2010 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
What kind of anime is this??? romance ?????
May 21, 2010 11:35 AM

Apr 2009
YukimuraxUsui, wtf. Bet that one got the BL fangirls going.

MMFFFF. Can this grey-haired dude replace Usui as the main guy in the series? I mean, hot damn o.o
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 24, 2010 12:10 AM

Nov 2009
Did anyone else find it ironic that Igarashi asked Maki to keep an eye on Ayuzawa when Maki has no eyes? I thought it was pretty funny.
May 25, 2010 11:14 AM

May 2008
AHAHAHAHA. Too bad they sort of censored the kiss Usui did with that other guy >3> Still..kufukufukufu.....I think that poor kid is now scarred for the rest of his life. Oh Yukimura...xDD

Ah this was actually a really good episode...plot's starting to thicken. I really don't like that other school..it reminds me of Ouran <<; What with how they're trying to win over Misaki.

May 26, 2010 11:05 AM

May 2010
Usui X Yukimura??? WTH

anyways, I lol'ed..
Jul 28, 2010 2:13 AM
Aug 2009
Misaki should just tell Usui she likes him cause she keeps rejecting him since she doesn't know what to do, a new villan interesting.
Aug 3, 2010 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
Im glad they cencored that kiss :o, i was like O_O no way.

Aug 18, 2010 7:02 PM

Jan 2010
Misaki in glasses so cute ..
Sep 23, 2010 12:02 PM

May 2009
The most retarded game of chess I've ever witnessed. That wasn't even a checkmate (edit: it was a "check" btw), even though they insisted it was. Also, no real pro would leave their king that vulnerable with that much pieces left to play with. The biggest problem with shoujo anime/manga is that the antagonists are made retarded so that the hero can save the day. I know that I shouldn't be this bothered by a little detail, but it really pisses me off that the author decided to write a chess game into the story (obviously just to make the main male character look smarter), yet fuck it up so royally that I - the viewer - just see the "hero" as a retard now (the antagonist had to be made a retard so that the hero could have won).

I don't even know why I really had to come here and fucking rant. I guess I just hate it when author's underestimate their audiences mental capabilities (although, after reading some of the comments in this thread I came to realize that maybe he/she didn't underestimate the audience, but perhaps I did overestimate the intelligence of the show's/manga's demographic). Anyways, rant's over now...

EDiT:
Read this after writing my rant and agree 100%:
As for the chess match in this episode, that was really a pathetic way to continue on showing viewers how 'perfect' Usui Takumi is. Tch, show me what strategy he used in the game other than making the opponent to lost his concentration & feeling uneasy with his ignorance attitude. Really, it would be better if they play Go instead of chess.

GrantZ90Sep 23, 2010 12:18 PM
Sep 30, 2010 3:54 AM

Apr 2009
These rich kids are creeps... I hope they get defeated, but not too soon because I wanna see what villainous junk they try to pull. I liked Misaki dressing as a guy, she looked so cool <3
Oct 22, 2010 12:50 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, really great episode. Tension's building, and things are getting more intense... Decisions carrying more weight... :D Yes that rich school is just creepy overall. Especially because it has a school council pres that's like... that. Yeah. I hope Misaki finds out about Igarashi's true character soon. :| I've been wondering all along whether Usui is actually part of some rich family and could have been going to a school like that rich one... Maybe he knows about Igarashi...? Hrm.

Anyway YEAH. Really loved this episode. I was the 100th person to vote "Loved it!" in this poll. XDD Whoo~
Nov 16, 2010 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
ewwww creepy rich snobs...they'll get it in the end...

Nov 16, 2010 4:58 AM

Feb 2010
i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee kaichou wa maid sama >.<

kaichou wa mais sama is awesome T_T
Dec 14, 2010 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
Aside from maybe those guys who tried to kidnap Misaki a few episodes ago, does this show have any characters that aren't ridiculously attractive? Like, srsly.

Maybe Misaki's other friend with the glasses. The one voiced by Yuu Kobayashi. Though she's just plain, not unattractive.

At any rate, this is good except for all the raging tsundere bullshit. It's so totally going to go on like that forever, isn't it? -______-

But that gratuitous, over-the-top pimp shot of Tora... wow. I gotta say, each and every episode of this show has made me laugh.

So hard. X'D

The whole Ladies' Day sequence was just too much. This show never stops!
KeirikDec 14, 2010 7:37 PM
Jan 1, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2009
…That’s the best “drama” they can throw in?

Yaoi and yuri innuendos. Wack. Do not want.

That was the worst chess game I’ve ever seen. It was really lame. Seriously, what the hell were they trying to do with Usui staring at that guy and then he becomes nervous all of sudden…?! Usui made check mate (even when it was just check) in about three moves, it’s always like that, of course.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jan 31, 2011 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
Host club-ish. XD
Mar 27, 2011 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
When Usui kissed Yukimura made this episode great. :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 23, 2011 8:06 PM

Dec 2008
Looks like Usui has some competition.
Oct 17, 2011 4:53 AM

Mar 2011
Oh those elitists of Miyaba-gobblydygook academy are too much!

Still, it looks like Usui knows how to deal with those rich types.....is he hiding something? Hmmmmmmmm?

Poor Usui, he opened his heart to Misaki, but she's too embarresed and conscious of her position to recipricate the feelings.....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Nov 6, 2011 1:13 AM

Aug 2010
Lol the kiss.
Dec 27, 2011 3:36 AM

Jun 2011
Heheh...dominant and reciving...Seme and uke!
Feb 7, 2012 9:10 PM

Aug 2010
wow Usui really likes Misaki...going to that extent just for her to forget about it and stop feeling awkward.

anyways those rich boys are douches and I hope Usui owns them.
Mar 16, 2012 11:14 PM

Jan 2012
Misaki how is he confusing you? I thought his intentions were clear.
Apr 6, 2012 12:13 AM
Sep 2011
I actually like Igarashi. Though Usui is better for Misaki. I am totally team Usui.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Jun 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
I don't believe in God, but I believe in Usui.
Jul 5, 2012 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
I know this is an anime and so but come on, we haven't seen a teacher in this school ever since it started.
Aug 23, 2012 3:35 AM

Mar 2009
I liked how dramatic some scenes were.
Sep 2, 2012 4:08 PM
Dec 2010
Yay poor Usui, He sacrificed his confession for Misa's own good and now he's even seen as the Bad guy on top of that...
To be honest i admire how he can go trough all of that with "i'm THE COOL dude" all over his face. Gt learn that stuff myself.

On the other hand Misa, She has no idea what's going on, no chance she can figure that out anytime soon considering her personality but she's kind of cute blushing and getting confused every 5 minutes. So I can imagine why Usui took interest in her and even felt for her.

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartySep 2, 2012 4:15 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 9, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
In this episode I had a range of emotions, and here they are;
Poor Misaki - she obviously doesn't know what to do since she doesnt trust men (probably due to what happened in her family)
No Usui you have to understand how Misaki doesnt know what to do
Usui dont kiss him, I know you're just trying to make Misaki jelous but that totally didn't work!!
Go Prez!! Kick their stuck up butts!
Usui is amazing in everything!
No Misaki you can't go, say no, say no!
No their not nice guys DO NOT TRUST THEM!!
Misaki why do you act like lesbian all the time?
STALKER ALERT
Ahhh whats going to happen now???
Sep 11, 2012 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, this is getting pretty interesting! Looking forward to it!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Sep 2012
I wonder what she is going to do?
Jan 4, 2013 5:05 PM

Sep 2008
awesome.. i had several nosebleeds @_@ this anime is turning to my favorite one and this episode got me all *doki doki*
Apr 28, 2013 1:16 AM

Oct 2012
Wah Misaki, she's cool, so she could support Seika male student too XD
Usui, nothing that's he couldn't done..

So rich people always the bad guys?
That 'Seme' and 'Uke' :D

Liinah said:
I know this is an anime and so but come on, we haven't seen a teacher in this school ever since it started.

Don't worry about small things ^^
Also, students never need any teachers to learn XD
"Signature removed"
May 7, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2009
Good introduction to the other President. I knew that when he was talking to Misaki it was just an act. The Yukimura kiss was hilarious.

Misaki + Maid Outfit + Glasses:

Usui Kisses Yukimura:

Male Dress Day:
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Jul 19, 2013 12:00 PM

May 2013
Jigoku-n3ko said:
i'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Usui-he's never taken seriously by Misaki.

Right? He really does like Misaki to kiss Yukimura-kun for her :( If only Misa-chan would give boys a chance x3

Still, I find it hilarious that Igarashi picked the guy with the smallest eyes to "keep watch" on Misa-chan, LOL.
Jul 23, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2012
lol XD the chess scene is really funny.. XD usui is just too awesome! XD

and then these 5 guys appear -_- they are so gay.. what they gonna do with misaki? :/

usui kick them ass :p they trying to play with misaki :/
Aug 4, 2013 12:57 AM

Jan 2008
minwonderland said:
OMG I'm totally in love with Usui. <3
<fangirlfaint>

That kiss just was funny as hell from what everyone is saying i hope the next episode is as good as everyone is waiting for....

I dont watch the preview so i dont know what the hype is all about yet....

I did really love this ep n Poor Usui always doing everything he can for Misaki but she just thinks he is messing around with her but he is always there in the next day or the next episode to help her with whatever she needs.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.