Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 7, 2023 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Another show about a protagonist being exiled lol

Not a bad episode but it might take awhile to get used to Marika. She has a habit of being overly excited, almost in a childlike manner. Given taht it's a fantasy show, it's no surprise that there are some magic elements in this too. I'm hoping Dariel can adapt his role and be a strong person.

Theme song including the ED is kinda cute. 

Jul 2017
HOW MANY "Banished from the Hero's Party" on/off-type of anime MUST WE GET THIS SEASON??? It's overloaded...

Hinano's OP was fine. Akari Kito's ED was kinda nice though, but like the OP, it sounds fine.

This is the case for 30-year-old Dark Soldier Dariel (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita), who got fired from the Demon King's army for his inefficiency in magic towards the Four Generals. In a world where humans and demons are at war, with magic being where the line is drawn, Dariel is forced out of this life, and restart a new life of his very own. And immediately, encountering this girl (in white panties) being chased by a strong monkey (ape, rather) monster, Dariel can only rely on human weapons to defeat it, and he did. As thanks, she drags Dariel into her village, and since he needs to survive on food, why the hell not.

Dariel dragged into Lux Village to be introduced to Malika and her parents, and he tries faking his story to maintain his demonic identity, to the encounter that they're too easy to give him lodging. Since he's already out of the demonic life, it wouldn't harm him to rest at a human's place. The only logical thing for Dariel to be now is an adventurer, rituals and all, and that could expose his identity to high heaven, but instead the ritual registration went as per normal...because he was a human all along.

The registration is complete, now's the beginning training phase taught from Malika's father to Dariel on the various magic skills in aura skill compatibility. And no dice, Dariel is able to master all 4 talents with encouragement from Malika's big boobs. Lux Village is too small for Dariel to grow, and Center Guild's the go-to place for adventurers. But the trade-off is that he needs to move out, and being just welcoming, he just can't go away just yet and decides to stay in Lux Village.

The new adventurer introduced to the rest of the village, and it caught the attention of another adventurer Gashita who's proud and self-servient, with the hope that Dariel's presence would change him somehow. Choosing the first job that is the monkey ape that Dariel fought...it's too easy for him.

Eh, this could feel like a sleeper show, only if you feel bored and have nothing to watch.
KANLen09Jan 12, 2023 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
At least, the episode is better than what the KV is shown to us.

Cute ED's MV from Kitou Akari
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 7, 2023 6:00 AM

Apr 2022

As he should, you horny boob man
Jan 7, 2023 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
I hope that all the light novel will be adapted.
Jan 7, 2023 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
i would have given it a 9 if around the halfway point they dint have a 10 sec recap of the first half... i dont know why that even existed
besides that, it was really nice, one of my favs from the new ones so far
8/10
Jan 7, 2023 7:02 AM

May 2021
It was naively average. Nothing really special. Animation is meh. Characters are average and filled with tropes. Fan service from the get go.

I'll give it a few more episodes but I doubt it will develop into something worth watching considering main story feels predictable from first 10 minutes or so. Who knows, I might be wrong but I honestly doubt.
Jan 7, 2023 7:08 AM

Nov 2016
The beginning when Dariel got fired(how everyone humiliated him too) sure reminded me of Beast Tamer, lol. Oh no, here we go again was my first thought. But let's not judge too quickly, first let me see what's gonna happen next to Dariel...he saves a girl from a furious beast..ok xD Thankfully, I don't remember much else, this was already hilarious enough.

Dariel is of course OP, the first mission was cleared accidentally and Marika already boobies over heels.

I will keep watching for now.
FMmatronJan 7, 2023 8:01 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2023 7:26 AM
Jan 2020
Shingo Yamashita OP?
Jan 7, 2023 7:43 AM
Oct 2017
I love this kind of stories, predictable but really fun !. its an 8/10 for me , it would have been a 9 if we got more scenes in the Demon Kingdom before getting fired and a little back story.
Jan 7, 2023 7:57 AM
Jun 2020
Seeing them boobies got my man contemplating on life.
ok horny boob man, Dariel (or Gintoki or Rudeus whatever tf)
Jan 7, 2023 8:32 AM
Feb 2018
I  don't really get the drama in the first seconds of the series.
Since he's so useless to the army and shocked to hear he's totally dismissed yet not understanding why. Could it mean that he's not just weak but also dumb?
And... Isekai in the "genre" description on gogoanime? Would that girl make him remember his past life of an ordinary Japanese schooldboy who got hit buy a truck and then reborn?
Jan 7, 2023 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like a fun show to watch. Funny how cleared the first quest without knowing.

Jan 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Feb 2022
Lots of shots of Marika's "assets" 

The miners look more adorably cute than in the Manga - cant remember their name atm
Jan 7, 2023 9:10 AM

Feb 2022
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I  don't really get the drama in the first seconds of the series.
Since he's so useless to the army and shocked to hear he's totally dismissed yet not understanding why. Could it mean that he's not just weak but also dumb?
And... Isekai in the "genre" description on gogoanime? Would that girl make him remember his past life of an ordinary Japanese schooldboy who got hit buy a truck and then reborn?
He does have certain skills and abilities that are needed in the Demon Army, hes far from dumb

Is not an isekai
Jan 7, 2023 9:15 AM
Oct 2021
I loved it when she started dragging him home, lol
Jan 7, 2023 9:17 AM
Oct 2021
Angry_By_Default said:
i would have given it a 9 if around the halfway point they dint have a 10 sec recap of the first half... i dont know why that even existed
besides that, it was really nice, one of my favs from the new ones so far
8/10

I think it will be one of my favorites, as well,this season. I am also looking forward to the sugar apple fairy tale. Bibliophile princess is still my favorite among favorites.
ljhackneyJan 7, 2023 9:21 AM
Jan 7, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2022
It may not be anything new but I am always happy to see an older protagonist. Marika seems interesting I wonder if there is something deeper there besides her happy attitude and strength or if she's just going to be wholesome eye candy for Dariel.
Jan 7, 2023 10:13 AM
Jul 2021
This was pleasantly better than I expected. I kinda like the somber deadpan naivety of the MC; interested in seeing what future episodes have in store. The female lead is kind of obnoxious though (as is the bugbite on her boob) and if she doesn't calm down, or worse this becomes a harem, I'll have to drop.
Jan 7, 2023 10:24 AM
Jul 2021
Also I just realized, why were they treating him like a beginner? An older guy (by fantasy standards) in expensive-looking customized armor saved one of your villagers from a giant gorilla. Why wouldn't you assume he was already an experienced professional?
Jan 7, 2023 11:42 AM
Dec 2021
Great episode. waiting for next one
Jan 7, 2023 11:58 AM
Dec 2022
subtitles are out of sync on crunchyroll
Jan 7, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2016
With this many anime being streamed this season, I don't see any reason to watch this.
Jan 7, 2023 12:25 PM

Sep 2009
He got convinced after seeing boobs. Not a bad deal. Let's see if it is at least on par with Banished from Hero Party.
Jan 7, 2023 12:31 PM

Jan 2023
Parece promissor
Jan 7, 2023 12:42 PM
Sep 2020
sepand_y said:
With this many anime being streamed this season, I don't see any reason to watch this.

Yup, +1. There's a lot of stuff. One has to draw a line somewhere, otherwise it becomes a swamp lol
Jan 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
I mean sure this is no original concept, but something about this show. Or at least the first episode was really enjoyable to me
Jan 7, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2022
As a new anime, it’s kinda hot garbage but for a fantasy anime it’s aight. Reminds me of the smartphone one where the mc learned he could use all types of magic first ep. I’d recommend to watch anything else. This season has way better new shows than this.
Jan 7, 2023 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
Oppai gives any first rate adventurer meaning in a newly discovered role :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jan 7, 2023 1:06 PM

Dec 2010
And they cut the pantyshot. Not a good start in that respect. I'll give it a few more episodes.
Jan 7, 2023 1:08 PM
Oct 2021
sepand_y said:

I have a feeling you will be missing out if you don't.
there's probably so many because it is the middle of winter.
Jan 7, 2023 1:14 PM

Feb 2019
So we have like 3 banished from the hero’s party clones this season lmao. This one’s really cute tho so it’s ok. Dariel and the waifu have some good chemistry. Looking forward to this one to wind Saturday’s down since they’re so packed this season.
Jan 7, 2023 1:31 PM

Sep 2018
That was painfully generic...

Only thing that could save this is for Marika to straight up seduce him. I even thought that was about to happen for a moment.

But no, they'll tease that for the whole run, but nothing is going to happen.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 7, 2023 2:02 PM

Jan 2021
Dariel had two great reasons to stay in that village after finding out he had that rare adventurer aura. I agree with him 100%; he made the right decision. 

As average as it was, there is something here to watch, or at least give it a few episodes worth. I liked Marika's character. A somewhat over the top happy going gal who fell for Dariel or is naively trusting/supportive. Dariel did save her life, but crying and acting the way she did makes her an over-the-top tropey character. 

I will give this one a few more episodes, but as people have pointed out, with so much anime being released, it is tough to keep this one on your watchlist. 
Jan 7, 2023 2:28 PM
May 2011
Poor Father-san. This was really good.
Jan 7, 2023 3:25 PM

Nov 2012
I'm so happy they didn't drag out the realization that he was human.
The aura testing wa funny. Pops meant business with the steel hammer.
Good first episode.
Jan 7, 2023 3:41 PM

Mar 2016
Why is Tomokazu Sugita wasting his voice in this god awful anime?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 7, 2023 6:11 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly way better than I thought it'd be, but it's not my favorite of the season either. Definitely going to stick around for now though!
Jan 7, 2023 6:18 PM
Mar 2016
The title is so cool but not sure why its first episode release totle score is 6.8
no way it's that low. tell me what's so boring about it? so I don't waste money to subscribe on stream site.
Jan 7, 2023 6:28 PM

May 2019
Man, the power of oppai indeed lol. It seems the trope of being banished from the hero's party is as common as isekais are so I hope that this one stands out. I will say that I thought this first episode was pretty good and I liked the comedy and Marika. The MC Dariel seems to be decent too.

Btw, Dariel appears to actually be a human and not a demon, or at least a hybrid or something because he does possess super-human abilities (this kind of reminds me Beast Tamer as the MC had a super ability too but minus the harem here at least so far).
Jan 7, 2023 6:50 PM

Apr 2022
Roxane and Rudeus?
Jan 7, 2023 7:13 PM
Dec 2017
This has all the makings of a hentai, without the hentai...
Jan 7, 2023 8:24 PM

Feb 2019
that's what i call sheer dumb luck! lol
defeating a monster before it became his first mission/assignment lol
Jan 7, 2023 8:40 PM

May 2022
This one might be a good watch for the right viewers. I think the polish is definitely there.  

Colors are good, and drawing's have consistency. The design of the characters (Oppai and all), random villagers and Gorilla monster were interesting. I also enjoyed both the opening and ending for the show. And I appreciated leaving the set up for the next episode after the ED, that is always a great way to close a new and currently running show. 

The feel for the show is currently relaxed, but also moving briskly as it sets itself up for what's to come. Lastly there is a good tonal balance within its genre which leaves me with further confidence and interest. Ill will return for the second episode for sure. 

LordKirkisJan 7, 2023 9:02 PM
Jan 7, 2023 9:36 PM

Oct 2014
Marika had the pimple chest, not sure why that aesthetic choice still exists.

Her family was way too trusting. They unknowingly let a demon into there home. 

I wonder where this will go, however, I won't be there to find out. 
Jan 7, 2023 9:38 PM

Oct 2022
Giving this high marks simply for having a protagonist in their 30's. It's so nice to have an older cast.

That being said, Dariel is definitely a man controlled by his groin.
Jan 7, 2023 10:30 PM

Jan 2021
It may be generic, but at least it's better than a lot of shows similar to it. That, or maybe it's my garbage taste in anime tricking me into thinking it's enjoyable. Either way, I'm probably gonna enjoy this one

Jan 7, 2023 10:52 PM
Jan 2017
this kind of anime again???
its enough for me.. i quit..
Absolutly Drop
Jan 7, 2023 11:02 PM
Aug 2022
I'm not sure if it's on purpose or unintentional, but I couldn't help but laugh at the juxtaposition of Dariel thinking about all the "noble" reasons for him to decide to stay on the village, while the camera pans over various shots of Marika's boobs. It seems to me like this anime is going to be a lighthearted, slightly horny slice-of-life/adventure thing, and I'm all in! Even if I'm wrong, I'm interested to see where they take it. 

Jan 7, 2023 11:22 PM

Oct 2014
Humor is fine. Would be sticking for awhile
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

81 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

18 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

40 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

45 by waldy713 »»
Apr 16, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

31 by lasodamos »»
Dec 7, 2023 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.