Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 26, 2022 2:26 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 01:00 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeDec 26, 2022 8:00 AM
Dec 26, 2022 8:00 AM

May 2020
Things are bound to get ugly if Aizen is involved. They may have ended without much noise the other day though the reason was he chose to observe rather than jumping straight in between Isshin and Masaki’s meetup. But still that wound Masaki received from hollow had the situation go dire, with her soul undergoing hollowfication and already deteriorating bit by bit of her life.Though apparently there’s a man who’s a certified expert when it comes to curing or at the very least minimizing the repercussions of this kind and indeed he, Urahara Kisuke, played his part this time around as well.

The special shell which Urahara suggested to Isshin as a means to save Masaki’s life, took his shinigami powers out and thus made him someone in-between a shinigami and a human. As a result Masaki was saved but this ended up her getting exiled from the Ishida family. And well we know how things went from that point.. from the birth of Ichigo to him awakening his shinigami as well as hollow powers later down the line and then finally to the death of Masaki.

The most important part of the flashback… the truth behind Masaki’s death, which was revealed to be the result of Yhwach waking up from his slumber and stealing powers from the mixed-blooded quincies in an attempt to regain his own power. A real unfortunate end, not just for her but for Uryuu’s mother, Katagiri too as she just like the former was a mixed-blooded quincy. This now with all certainty made Yhwach as the super bad boss.

Liked the way they adapted this flashback, giving it that air of seriousness which the situation demanded though the fanservice suffered. Ichigo with the thank you. Lucky we’ve the final episode coming just after this one *God bless the one-hour special* 
Softhenic03Dec 26, 2022 8:12 AM
Dec 26, 2022 8:01 AM

Jun 2019
Some more scenes on Ichigo's parents. And, how Ichigo's mom got affected by that previous encounter. But, she was lucky that Urahara was there to treat her and also Ichigo's dad. Also, Ichigo'd dad's Getsuga Tenshou was cool as well.

It was nice to see Ichigo's mom and dad being wholesome and super sweet. It was truly touching to see those memories. We also got to see how Ichigo's mom died. Ichigo is ready now.
Dec 26, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, they really gave a a solid narrative storytellng about Masaki in this. Noy only that but we are also reminded about the mechanics of Hollowfication. I know parts of this episode was more of an info dump but still very important that connects the franchise as a whole.

[font="\"Google Sans\", Roboto-medium, arial, sans-serif-medium, sans-serif"]Kisuke Urahara is still a genius even after all these years to no one's surprise. [/font]

Dec 26, 2022 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
Now that mystery of why and how Masaki died, and why Isshin that we knew was a Shinigami since the Arrancar arc, couldn't save her.

Both love stories were great.

Yhwach killed Ichigo's mother, more reason to kill him, there's none.
Dec 26, 2022 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
and that is how i met your mother and how you were born Ichigo lol

damn Yhwach is the grandfather of all Quincies

Dec 26, 2022 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
The fact that Isshin didn't think twice to save Masaki makes him a legend. Their lovestory was a beautiful one but with a tragic end. Ichigo finally knows the truth and he's more resolved than he ever was.
Dec 26, 2022 9:20 AM
Dec 2022
Brings the whole show full circle.
Dec 26, 2022 9:30 AM

Apr 2021
So with that Ichigo now knows everything. About his dad, mom and ultimately his whole past. It was a pretty sad backstory. Ichigo is now more determined than ever. He'll probably go back to the soul society now. Can't wait to watch the finale!!! 
Dec 26, 2022 9:41 AM

Dec 2020
So now we now how all that happened with ichigo mom and his parents.
Yhwach is the father of the quincies and so ichigo is going to him i think, very good episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 26, 2022 9:43 AM
Oct 2021
Ichigo finally learned his origins and now he's ready to get back into the action!
This flashback was quite good in my opinion, felt bad for my man ryuken
Looks like ichigo will get his zanpakuto reforged, looking forward to it!
Dec 26, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2021
What a beautiful episode!
Masaki clearly now one of the best Bleach women...

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Dec 26, 2022 9:57 AM

Aug 2019
Captain kinda just abandoned his squad and gave up pretty much everything, Masaki was worth it I guess

Dec 26, 2022 10:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If that hollow had been recovered then they might have been able to detect Aizen's future actions before it manifested. Though I get why the quincies isolated themselves to that extend them abandoning even their kin was pretty cold. Using scenes from how the visored came to be in conjunction with Urahara's explanation was pretty neat. That was one hell of a choice that was presented though. Still when it counted Isshin really stepped up. Though they had the most unusual of relationships it was cute seeing the two gradually bond with each other via the clinic. Though i hated grand fisher since seeing what he did seeing how Masaki died just reinforced that. So Yhwach's appearance was what robbed her of her power and led to her death back then huh. Less king but more of a OG Quincy though. If Ichigo ever needed another reason to fight this was it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2022 10:27 AM
Sep 2022
Peak adaptation. I didn't expect anything, since i didn't even read the manga after finishing first season years ago. However this season reminded me why i kept watching bleach all these years and even managed to surpass old series on every possible aspect. I saw Bleach in a completely different light and i love it. Every Monday was a blessing. You can feel that this time pierrot made Bleach TV series it with love. The only wish i have for the next seasons.. is to add more original soundtracks from old season (Treachery, Invasion etc.) and the first opening song.  
Dec 26, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2012
Ryuken and Katagiri is my OTP. Truly amazing scene with them in the rain.
Dec 26, 2022 11:04 AM
Dec 2022
I’ve seen some manga vs anime comparisons and whilst the anime does miss out on some parts that are in the manga, I’m really happy that Studio Pierrot compensated it by adding anime exclusives scenes for example, the first episode when Ichigo displays his Bankai which was a totally cool as it brought back nostalgia to pretty much every BLEACH fan. I also think they a did a great job with the pacing of the show as nothing feels rushed or too slow. Overall I’m really happy about the BLEACH TYBL adaptation and I’m really looking forward to cour 2.
Dec 26, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
Ryuken was completely shocked that Isshin didn't hesitate on the decision to save Masaki's life. 

Damn, Yhwach was the cause of Masaki and Katagiri's death.
Dec 26, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
Quite the reveal in this episode and biggest one for sure is Yhwach killing Ichigo's mother and also being the Goat of the Quincies. Flashback was done so well, time for Ichigo to go out.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 26, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2022
Episode which contains a lot of information about Ichigo and Uryuu's parents. I really like the storyline in this episode.

Good Episode 5/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Dec 26, 2022 12:33 PM

Aug 2019
Literally the worst episode of the cour due to it being 95% boring exposition. And I said this last week, I hate the focus on Isshin so my opinion of the episode is also influenced by my dislike of Isshin. But even ignoring him, Masaki and Ryuken weren't much better or any more interesting in this episode than they were before. I'm just relieved that this subplot is finally over.
Dec 26, 2022 12:51 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This arc makes Uryu's father so much more interesting than in the original series. And not just him. Ichigo's parents and Uryu's parents get some major spotlight, giving them much needed characterization. It also makes the main focal point of the story much more personal. The pacing of this episode was also very nice with some great soundtrack choices to go along with the sad scenes. 

Yhwach being the big baddie all along who killed Ichigo's mother may be a tad cliched, but it makes complete sense in the narrative and works very well into the drama of this arc. I wonder if Uryu knows that's how his mother died and how he will take it if he does, since he was shown with the blonde Quincy in the previous episode. 

All in all, a great episode setting up the backstory which provides a lot of needed information going forward.
Dec 26, 2022 1:22 PM

Sep 2008
Hell yeah!

We finally got the backstory explaining why Ichigo is Shinigami, Hollow, human, and Quincy all together!

I was waiting for this moment ever since Isshin stopped Aizen when he was saying to Ichigo: "I've known about you since you were born. You were special from the moment you were born. That's because you're a human and..."
I had my conclusions about it. For the longest time, I thought it was "you're a human, a shinigami, and hollow."
I was later spoiled when playing Bleach Brave Souls and came to know that Ichigo is a Quincy as well.

5/5!
Loved seeing the backstory!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 26, 2022 2:11 PM

Sep 2015
Well Masakis story felt underwhelming to me. The concept of hollowfication should've added more layers, and reasoning. And there were quite a lot of flashbacks used.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 26, 2022 3:35 PM

Mar 2010
I hate to do this to ya'lls but i'm the one that impregnated Masaki. ichigo is my failed son. Sorry to let ya'lls down like this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2022 3:41 PM

Jan 2020
A double episode?! Merry heckin' Christmas to us all.

Again, Everything But The Rain doesn't disappoint. I wish I could've seen some more slice of life moments with Isshin and Masaki, but it seems like the hype train is going full speed toward the finale.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 26, 2022 4:02 PM

Oct 2021
Masaki's death is so tragic. I'm glad she at least managed to find happiness with Isshin after her Hollowfication, thanks to Urahara's genius.
Dec 26, 2022 4:06 PM

Nov 2021
That was incredible, love that scene with Isshin and Masaki. The rain scene with Ryuken and Katagiri was also animated beautifully.
Dec 26, 2022 4:08 PM

Aug 2020
Isshin's past with Masaki gained new colors here. Katagiri's loyalty to Ryuken is also worth mentioning. A very insightful episode, with more infos compared to the manga + that scene where Urahara sees Masaki with her friends and feel the odd reiatsu.

And then Unagi (beautiful I love her a lot ❤) retrieved the Shinigami badge to Ichigo. Time to make things different!

Dec 26, 2022 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
many are not looking on this ep and only talking about ep 13....but this ep was op too...literally the best explanation and building block....God damn...10/10
Dec 26, 2022 4:24 PM
Jul 2017
i wonder what the scar of ishida's dad's mom's leg means (world blender but i'm too lazy to look up names)

i wish they developed the relationship between masaki and ichigo's dad more than a 1 minute flashback about how they fell in love

also i wish they explored the consequences of ishin leading his soul society captain role behind. no way no one came after him or investigated/research? It is obvious the first place they'd search is the human town he defeated a unique hollow.
Dec 26, 2022 4:41 PM

Apr 2016
Finally the true reveal behind all of Ichigo's different powers. Poor Masaki never really could catch a break in her life. A great flashback to add context to the past and to what will happen in the future.
Dec 26, 2022 4:53 PM

Apr 2022
isshin's the goat fir giving his life up at that moment. lowkey heartwarming episode. masaki a W.

and damn yhwach is the granddaddy of all quincies.
Dec 26, 2022 5:28 PM
Dec 2018
Yhwach is Abraham confirmed.
Dec 26, 2022 5:42 PM
Dec 2022
I love that it focused on ichigo and didn't break out into a flash back for the episode and was direct with the plot
Dec 26, 2022 6:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great to have the remaining part of Ichigo's parents story/explanation for their meeting, that's why Ichigo's father is underrated, now I'm curious about the death of the mother of course
Dec 26, 2022 7:35 PM

May 2020
another amazing ep
I've wanted to know about Ichigo's father backstory since the Aizen arc 

Dec 26, 2022 7:45 PM
Jul 2019
So the guy Ichigo has to beat is the father of all quiches :'(
Dec 26, 2022 7:59 PM

Jul 2021
Well that was depressing
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 26, 2022 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
Even though we've never really learned much about Isshin before, it was somehow clear that he wouldn't mention Masaki in his report to the Captain Commander.

With Aizen's involvement, I was aware that the whole thing would have dire consequences. However, with the bite that Masaki suffered from the hollow, I had not expected that a hollowfication would take place directly. However, even Urahara seemed to have sensed this as well when he first met Masaki by chance. After Masaki collapsed in the Ishida's house, the typical hollow hole appeared. To be honest, I don't think Ryuuken's father could have helped Masaki.

Isshin's appearance and rescue of Ryuuken as well as Masaki may have been a bit of a coincidence somewhere. However, the same cannot be said of Urahara, since he always appears in the right place at the right time and usually knows what to do. In this case, Urahara was perfectly aware that only he was able to save Masaki. With his presented method, Isshin faced a difficult choice, at least one would have thought so. Like Ichigo, he didn't even begin to hesitate, which left a deep impression on Ryuuken who hadn't even remotely expected it. The way Isshin rescued Masaki reminded me a lot on Ichigo rescuing Rukia during her planned execution. What a great reference.

Poor Ryuuken. He looked and sounded very downcast in his conversation with Katagiri. Without her encouragement he would have given up and possibly even left the Ishida's house.

As one could easily see, Isshin had a truly happy time with Masaki, even if it meant giving up his existence as a shinigami. However, what Isshin said afterwards was shocking. Any Quincys that Yhwach judged as impure were stripped of their powers, causing Masaki to be unable to use hers in the fight with Grand Fisher. Likewise, Ishida's mother Katagiri, who seems to have always been very weak, also passed away.

What a bittersweet backstory that not only gave us the necessary context to characters like Isshin and Ryuuken which finally made them easier to understand, but also explains Ichigo's different powers. Isshin couldn't have picked a better time to tell this story to Ichigo, who had hit rock bottom after being "kicked" out of Soul Society. He's finally back to normal. Still not sure how he can acquire a Asauchi, but the next episode should hopefully give us the needed answer.

Dec 26, 2022 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
Excellent episode. 

It was a little sad. I even felt sorry for Ryuken.

I guess gigais age. Never thought about until seeing Isshin's in the flashback.
Dec 26, 2022 11:46 PM

Mar 2013
So, looking back on it, there's something I didn't quite follow (both in the manga and in the anime). Isshin said that Yhwach took the Quincy powers of mixed-blood Quincies because he deemed them unworthy. But Masaki was a pureblood Quincy, so why'd her powers get stolen? The only thing I can come up with is that, by falling victim to the attack by White and (maybe) by having kids with Isshin, she was deemed impure. But that's just a guess to try and fill in the blanks, as I don't recall any of that being confirmed anywhere.
Dec 27, 2022 12:27 AM
Oct 2022
the revelation from last episode and twist of the story combine with the design and music is all good!
Dec 27, 2022 12:30 AM
Apr 2021
Being able to watch episodes 12 and 13 was the best Christmas present i've been granted in recent years. <3
Dec 27, 2022 12:30 AM
Nov 2022
bro masaki and ishin love story and uryu's family backstory. Also aizen and urahara in the mix. love it!
Dec 27, 2022 12:33 AM
Nov 2019
Masterpiece amazing perfect awesome TY TITE KUBO!
Dec 27, 2022 12:36 AM

Jun 2017
hawk222 said:
So, looking back on it, there's something I didn't quite follow (both in the manga and in the anime). Isshin said that Yhwach took the Quincy powers of mixed-blood Quincies because he deemed them unworthy. But Masaki was a pureblood Quincy, so why'd her powers get stolen? The only thing I can come up with is that, by falling victim to the attack by White and (maybe) by having kids with Isshin, she was deemed impure. But that's just a guess to try and fill in the blanks, as I don't recall any of that being confirmed anywhere.
My guess is that Yhwach idea of impure is anything that isn't 100% Quincy, since Masaki was a Quicy that was being hollowfied she was no longer a pure Quincy but a mix.
Dec 27, 2022 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
dudon said:
bro masaki and ishin love story and uryu's family backstory. Also aizen and urahara in the mix. love it!

Aizen and Urahara, a true rivalry for the ages.
Dec 27, 2022 2:38 AM
Apr 2017
everything but the rain ... this story is better than half of the romance genre and am happy to see it portrayed this good
Dec 27, 2022 4:23 AM
Mar 2021
Finally we got a true origin of Ichigo's powers. It was beautyfull <3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

580 by clairess »»
Apr 28, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

218 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.