Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2022 9:55 AM

Sep 2021
Ahhh this episode was so great, I was waiting to see that moment with Makima animated, and MAPPA did it so much justice! The sound design has been incredible so far, and this episode was no different. They're so good at creating tangible feelings of dread and suspense through the music and direction, it's really beautiful to see. We're at something of a turning point as far as the story goes, it'll be neat to see how they adapt the rest of this season, and how they choose to end it! This chapter was a fave of mine, it absolutely blew my mind when reading, and seeing it animated was really something else!

Loving that we get a new ED every episode, and this one was really great (I'm totally biased because Aimer ♡). I also really appreciate that Kobeni's off-the-wall nervousness is coming across so well. I know some people are saying that her voice is off-putting, but I think that's kind of the point.
Anyway, looking forward to next week as always! Makima was properly terrifying, Kobeni had a moment to shine- and there's so much more to look forward to from here!

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Oct 2022
This episode is the best anime episode this year so far, amazing animation and it was cool seeing the added part of the convict transport.

Jul 2022
The Makima moment really gave me chills and the soundtrack was amazing

Sep 2013
denji man, you need 2 woman to save your ass, pull yourself together man

and it seems he get targetted awfully a lot for some reason, guess it's another mystery for later
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.

Jan 2019
I actually really dig how they approached the Chainsaw Man vs Katana Man fight, it reminds me of the AOT S4 fights except the CG blends much better and the fluidity is Studio Orange tier, creating an experience that is different yet not jarring at all, I even picked up some blurs on the movement to make it feel more natural. I'll certainly see complaints about this, but I'll simply take them with value of only a grain of salt. Minor criticism is that Tanaka's does not transition very well to 3D, but the other transitions were solid. As per usual though, there was some very strong artwork of Makima, Kobeni, Denji, and Katana Man thanks to Tanaka.

I've really looked forward to the Makima shrine scene, and they did a great job honestly, minor criticism is that it could use some more blood splatter and faster cuts. Kobeni fight and voice acting was perfect, nothing much say there except that this is a certified Kobeni W.

Overall, great episode. Loved it.

EDIT: My minor criticisms I realize are just nitpicks, this episode was amazing
ElucidDec 7, 2022 5:33 AM
Dec 6, 2022 9:56 AM

Mar 2020
I won't lie, this episode was miles better than last week's, probably the best of the season so far. It's a 10/10 when it comes to adapting the manga, I just wish there was more consistency between episodes. Would be cool if the last 3 episodes looked like 4 and 9, which I consider to be the only episodes that surpass the manga, episode 8 had its moments but there were some parts that brought it down imo.
Dec 6, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2021
Makima went all out with "The Boys" mode and took it to the next level
Dec 6, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2020
Kobeni demostrando ser el mejor personaje del anime y el manga
Dec 6, 2022 10:05 AM
Apr 2022
fucking amazing, makima's scene was just breathtaking with that amount of sheer power and kobeni's scene shows a very unexpected side of her that makes me like her even more... every episode keeps upping the stakes, i've just finished watching it a few minutes ago and yet i can't wait for the next one to drop.
Dec 6, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2018
Makima is way too OP I swear!
Dec 6, 2022 10:08 AM
Oct 2021
What a bloodbath of an episode. The scene before the opening was absolute fire, CSM vs KTNM. Himeno’s absolute last resort is to wake Denji. 😥Btw that katana man is pretty mid compared to Denji in raw power, he wouldn’t have won if it wasn’t for snake lady and a few tricks left. (Then again, Ghost devil really got him good before so I really can’t tell with certainty for now)

Ah yes, Makima. We just found out her power scale, pretty frightening. The range is also pretty far, although it must be the altitude of the shrine that brings about this range. She also has to sacrifice one life to kill another it seems. Brilliant scenes.

Kobeni also showing that she isn’t someone to mess with. I haven’t even seen her Devil yet (she probably has one right?) and she’s highly trained I can tell.

Yea, overall, an episode dominated by the ladies of this anime, which btw Aimer absolutely nailed the ED “A song dedicated to the ladies”. I really enjoyed this one after the depressing cliffhanger we got last week, we got a slightly less depressing one lol.
Dec 6, 2022 10:08 AM
Jul 2015
Good ep. Makima seems op, not sure how her power works. 3 more EP, Idk what they are gonna show the remaining of this season
Dec 6, 2022 10:10 AM

Jan 2015
Best episode by far. Not this is the CSM I loved reading
Dec 6, 2022 10:10 AM
Apr 2017
The audio mixing was honestly a bit off in some of the scenes, with the music slightly overpowering everything else, most notably during the Kobeni scene, but, interestingly enough, I feel like it worked pretty well. The soundtrack is so damn good, really got my adrenaline going seeing Kobeni pop off and Akane and Katana Man barely escape with the loud music accompanying it.
Dec 6, 2022 10:12 AM
Oct 2022
buenisimo me impresiono bastante kobeni con esas maniobras espero que denji se recupere
Dec 6, 2022 10:16 AM

Jul 2021
it's getting better every week. and this was easily the best episode till now.

makima's power is something else man. yikes. but i have no idea why she didn't kill that girl and sword man too.

in situation like the one in this episode, it's especially adds more to have makima's voice as that of a cute girl.

kobeni can fight and that too pretty damn good.

aki's death is not confirmed yet and no news about power either. hoping for the best.

only 3 episodes left and even though we kind of know that there will be a full adaptation but despite that the wait is gonna be painful and no way am i gonna read the bland manga after such a great adaptation.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Dec 2020
Makima starting to show real colors
Dec 6, 2022 10:19 AM

May 2015
Makima is badass, Kobeni is badass and it seems like multiple characters this episode came to the same conclusion that the best way to survive as a public devil safety hunter is to quit asap
Dec 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Jun 2016
i have question !! why makima didnt use her power to kill that hebi woman and katana man instantly kill !!
Dec 6, 2022 10:26 AM
Aug 2021
Unexpectedly horny.
Dec 6, 2022 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
Man. The CGI leaves a lot to be desired. Ik I praised the CGI before but in this episode the Chainsaw Man vs Katana Man fight CGI looked especially obvious. Thankfully the rest of the episode rocked. Especially the music.

Aimer's ED was fantastic!
Nov 2022
I've already saw the manga so I dunno what to talk about expect the animation
And the anime is really really gorgeous BUT the mouvement are so slow and have no impact it's really weird, Kobeni have more fluidity that Denji when she's just human it's weird.
Jul 2022
NirvashX1 said:
i have question !! why makima didnt use her power to kill that hebi woman and katana man instantly kill !!
With each use, a prisoner dies. She lost all the prisoners. Quite convenient, I know.
Dec 6, 2022 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
This episode should send a giant message to all the Makima simps that she cannot be trusted. Some very shady activities by Makima in this episode. How did she survive getting shot so easily, what are her supposed powers, if she knew about the attack beforehand why didn't she do anything, what was all that at the temple. Makima is very dangerous, her stone faced demeanor at the end of the episode was chilling. Kobeni popping off was awesome. She basically just snapped and said I'm done with this bullshit. Killing the woman whom shot at her then later going right at Katana Man. The animation during Kobeni scene looked so good, she nearly took both Katana and Snake. Denji tried his best but he's simply out matched by Katana technique and finesse. Makima was clutch squashing all the conspirators whom attacked the special divisions, albeit not the main ones, but something's not right with her.
Dec 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2022
NirvashX1 said:

she didn't know the exact number of attackers and all their names
Dec 6, 2022 10:30 AM
Jun 2019
absolutely stunning animation and very good surprises throughout
Mar 2020
Animation was better compared to the previous episode though pacing was kinda slow.

Apr 2013
TcsJazzer said:
Anyone shitting on the CGI at this point is just hating. The models look spectacular and are animated well. What even is good CG to you people?

(Yes, I have seen Land of the Lustrous and Beastars)
Good CG for them is no CG, best to ignore them seeing as they are the minority and just looking to be annoying. Some of them also have no clue what is CG and what isn't; MAPPA has already shown genga from scenes that people said were CG and weren't.
Dec 6, 2022 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

It was a good episode overall but my own high expectations probably ruined the enjoyability of some key scenes. Direction wise, a bit flat but everything else including the anime-original scenes were a chef's kiss

The Denji v Katana man was a delight. CGI blended pretty well and it was fuild most of the times. The stills were glorious and detailed. Nothing too extravagant but a delight nonetheless. The Makima reveal scene could've been more asethically pleasing with some concrete direction but felt way too flat & sudden. I get what they were going for but it's a huge miss in my eyes.

Now, let's talk about the anime original scenes with the prisoners and Makima casually changing her bloodied attire....absolutely masterclass. It gave so much context and this lingering dread to what was about to ensue. Makima casually changing into new clothes showed how calm, collected & cool she was even amidst the disarray and chaos. Then, the Splatter scenes which was beautifully accompanied by this haunting ost. Presentation wise, could've been better but the insanity was perfectly portrayed and resolved

Finally, we can put an end to some unnecessary Kobeni hate she garnered over few weeks. Her scene was absolutely done justice with a god-tier camera panning shot and smooth action animations. Heck, she even got her own anime original scene. Her VA did a fantastic job on her final monologues too. RIP Arai, you'll be missed (not really)

Madoka is the most sanest man in CSM, just straight up resigns and asks some ballsy questions anime-onlys are probably trying their best to decipher. The ED from Aimer was also befitting, both vocally & visually.

Overall, a good episode but like I already pointed out, could've been EVEN BETTER. Can't wait for the IQ team & Mads shine next week!!!
2Birds1StonedDec 19, 2022 6:18 PM
Dec 6, 2022 10:35 AM
Nov 2022
man i love how they used ending 3 before denji went insane. that scene was fucking lit!!!
Dec 6, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2016
WTF who the fuck are you Makima?!?
Kobeni did not disappoint anyone this time
RIP Himeno
Dec 6, 2022 10:42 AM

Dec 2020
Loved the ep. Makima powers are terrifying, One thing I love abt CSM is that characters always go for the kill. Kobeni is amazing, it kinda hurted when she says that she will be resigning after asking himeno senpai. Aki will be really sad.

I also loved when the katana man and that snake girl got frightened when makima started Killing their people like mosquitoes, serves them right.
Dec 6, 2022 10:43 AM

Jan 2021
Makima’s ability was insane bro but that ass tho the way she was squatting Mappa knew what they were doing 🙏
Dec 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Nov 2020
It was too obvious that Makima didn't die. It would have been just too stupid and fast. We can also asuma that she isn't human cuz Madoka said that most of the humans in the special division are dead, and she can kill one person if she does have another one.

Denji was useless this episode. He just went straight head-to-head to fight only to be cut in half.

So happy to see that Kobeni isn't dead.
Dec 6, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2019
Might be the best episode so far. They did the manga justice imo, everything was like how I imagined for once. Makima and Kobeni's scenes were especially done well.
Also Aimer's godly singing voice.
Dec 6, 2022 10:46 AM

Nov 2020
N3crx said:
I'm horny for Makima's ability. Wish that was me.

Same here. We've got the same taste in women.
Dec 6, 2022 10:47 AM
Oct 2022
This is by far the strangest episode yet. I didn’t really understand why they put more effort into Kobeni dodging snake’s attack than into Katana Man vs Chainsaw Man.
Dec 6, 2022 10:47 AM

May 2016
So sad. I wanted that chick to die so bad. I fucking hate the cry baby characters.
Dec 6, 2022 10:49 AM
Jul 2019
makima popped off
Dec 6, 2022 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
ObamaSensei said:
God f**king dammit crappa, I knew the episode would look like shit based on hints of cgi from the preview
Why does freaking Kobeni get better direction and animation than chainsaw vs katana

this. it piissed me off. that scene was fuckawful.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 6, 2022 10:52 AM
Nov 2022
KobeniGOD.......
Dec 6, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
TcsJazzer said:
Anyone shitting on the CGI at this point is just hating. The models look spectacular and are animated well. What even is good CG to you people?

(Yes, I have seen Land of the Lustrous and Beastars)
Good CG for them is no CG, best to ignore them seeing as they are the minority and just looking to be annoying. Some of them also have no clue what is CG and what isn't; MAPPA has already shown genga from scenes that people said were CG and weren't.

I second this. Just ignore those dweebs who complain abt CGI especially at this point. Just be happy knowing the fact that you can fully enjoy a well written show which they never could.
Dec 6, 2022 10:54 AM
Oct 2022
love it I loved the episode the animation always a 10
Dec 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
So sad. I wanted that chick to die so bad. I fucking hate the cry baby characters.

I'm sure she will die soon enough. :>
Aug 2021
I always knew Makima was a bad person, but this episode honestly just made me so terrified of her. There's no way she's human, she's so scary. Her special... "tricks" are incredibly disgusting and she's just.... scaring me
(Btw the ending has absolutely gorgeous visuals)
Dec 6, 2022 10:55 AM

Jan 2021
We start the episode with the disappearance of Himeno, which is still sad to see ngl. At least one of her ghost hands escaped the scene and went and pulled on Denji's thing to turn him into the Chainsaw Man, epic battle unfolds after that, Chainsaw Man vs Katana Man. Katana Man sliced Denji in half, what the fuck is going on lol.

MAKIMA IS ALIVE, LEZ GO! 2 Division people were awaiting on Makima but they just heard that there's been an shootout in Tokyo and almost no one survived it. Makima literally murdered those guys in the train, Makima with her incredible powers sacrifices one prisoner after another to murder those Devil Gun men, she's truly the most powerful, I think. After Makima is done she says that she is going back to Tokyo to assist there probably because its an bloodbath there.

Kobeni's movement is super impressive btw, she dodges everything so good, you could see the anger in her. I'm glad that she came back to possibly save Denji. The girl and Katana Man see their chance and escape in their van/car, bruh, stupids.

Makima arrives in Tokyo and crosses Madoka, seems like Madoka is done with it and resigns from the division team. "It's either quit, or die."

I really hope Denji comes back to life somehow.

This was an rather depressing episode but understandable, many lives were lost due those idiot Gun Devil mens. I'm glad that Makima & Kobeni survived though. I hope Aki is gonna be alright. Power suddenly disappeared or something.

I loved the ED though, It felt like something special even though it was more blood than ever lol
boop boop

Mar 2018
PaikaPingreen said:
I always knew Makima was a bad person, but this episode honestly just made me so terrified of her. There's no way she's human, she's so scary. Her special... "tricks" are incredibly disgusting and she's just.... scaring me
(Btw the ending has absolutely gorgeous visuals)

And the ED was only made by one person too x.x
死だけが確実

May 2018
This is the PEAK of csm so far until ep 12 and the following seasons, holy shit this was amazing!!
Kobeni and Makima were definitely the highlights this episode!
Dec 6, 2022 10:56 AM
Oct 2020
Wtf happening, but I like it
Dec 6, 2022 10:58 AM
Jan 2022
Ok the squish, you know what I mean, when the people go squish, is criminally satisfying. Gave me feelings of being sick and twisted for enjoying the instant deletion of human life.
It was so exciting to see makima just rise from bring seemingly dead and go on to absolutely slay some baddies, kind of saw it coming but still amazing. I wonder what devils she has contracts with? Using the crows as remote eyes, or at least I think that's what was going on, is an interesting power, and of course, *squish*, seems totally OP. I wonder if the public knows about the use of prisoners, not to mention how devil contracts work.
the pacing just went from like 30 to 100 real quick last episode and in this one settled at a comfortable 80-ish, and the animation is continuing to be beautiful. Great to see another ending getting great music and its own animation.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

783 by xriceball26 »»
May 7, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

983 by EinTheVariance »»
May 6, 5:54 PM

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

55 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 5, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

388 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 13, 2022

312 by PokefanPT »»
May 4, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.