Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 2, 2010 8:30 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode. It looks like its kinda following the manga a little bit actually. Anyway, Satou + being a waiter = Shizzy-chan! :D *wishes he would sneak in a Izaya to Souma, both are in the wonderful Durrarra!* The little sister is cute! Next week, its all about Takanashi's Sisters! Should be fun. --- Randy
May 2, 2010 8:49 PM
Jul 2009
Hey I wounder if they ever considered giving guys masks, or a girl mask, and see if it works on Inami, it'd be funny to see the reaction. Any way fun ep.
May 2, 2010 9:21 PM
Nov 2009
Pretty hilarious episode, although I like the last one a little more. I can't believe Inami is still working there lol...shows how useless the manager is.
May 2, 2010 9:40 PM
May 2008
Nice take on being understaffed, but I really would like the series to progress past Inami's phobia.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 2, 2010 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
windy said:

I was fangirling all these parts ! xD

I think i enjoyed this episode . ohohoho !
There's more of Souma and Satou scene !
And for once , Yachiyo isn't there to piss Satou on with her misunderstandings.
There's less punching from Inami too, so it didn't ruin the ep.
Takanashi's moments are funny, even when he didn't appear much in this ep .

Overall, loved it !
I think i'm gonna love the next episode more. haha ~

sig by isignature .
May 2, 2010 10:22 PM

Jul 2007
Another nice episode. All of the character's are so fun to watch.

And the ending theme song has really grown on me. I can't bring myself to skip it like I do with most other shows lol
May 2, 2010 10:45 PM

Jul 2009
Inami didn't punched Katanashi in the end..progress!!!
May 3, 2010 12:01 AM

Feb 2010
I didn't recognized the time....20min passed out really fast///
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 3, 2010 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
lesson of the day- if you have a coworker who hits you when you meet, just phone them
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 3, 2010 12:29 AM

Sep 2009
Enjoyable episode...but I felt there wasn't enough character development.
May 3, 2010 1:33 AM

Dec 2008
saxophone15 said:

Exactly what I was thinking while watching it. It felt like I was watching a previous episode with only a few minor changes. Kind of like...uh-oh

May 3, 2010 3:49 AM

Jul 2009
False_Kami-Sama said:
saxophone15 said:

Exactly what I was thinking while watching it. It felt like I was watching a previous episode with only a few minor changes. Kind of like...uh-oh

No, I refuse to let that happen >.<

Anyway, the episode was great as usual with Inami being centered on half of the episode. Next week should be interesting.
This is a signature.
May 3, 2010 5:20 AM

May 2008
im starting to think that souma is not actually a bad person =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 3, 2010 5:41 AM

Dec 2007
A bit too much Inami in this episode. Enough with her, she's the worst character in the show.

All the other characters beside Inami are great.

But next episode should be awesome.
May 3, 2010 5:44 AM
Jun 2008
rarri said:

But next episode should be awesome.

Because no Inami??? LOL
I think Takanashi will get torture in his own house also,mentally?
Time to experience the different torture of Takanashi!!!
May 3, 2010 6:26 AM

Aug 2008
I'm I the only one who thought the uniforms of the sports teams were similar to (or a parody of) those in Oofuri and Giant Killing?
May 3, 2010 6:30 AM
Feb 2010
The first part of this ep is recap+character development, but the second part was dam funny lol.
May 3, 2010 6:52 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode.

Ja, everything changed becouse takanashi wasnt working!
May 3, 2010 7:07 AM

Nov 2007
Judging by the title I would have though this episode would have been about Takanashi taking care of his sister.
For various anime and seiyuu stuff
http://www.youtube.com/user/KaitouDark55
May 3, 2010 11:33 AM

Dec 2008
I'm warming up to this series. The jokes are more varied (if still re-used every episode) and the characters have a bit more depth to them. I'm still not fond of Inami - as far as I'm concerned, she's useless as an employee and annoying as a character =/ The other characters are fun to watch, however, so Inami is their only weak point.
May 3, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
I understand that a lot of people find Inami boring and/or annoying (I do too, at times), but then again, most characters are still fairly one-trick at this point in the series. It's episode 5; character development doesn't often happen this soon, at least in comedy series.
Ha-cha!
May 3, 2010 3:51 PM

Aug 2008
Too much Inami, not enough Satou or Souma. But...they got to wait, and Satou kicked Souma in the ass, so I'll let it slide.

LightningRamiel said:
I understand that a lot of people find Inami boring and/or annoying (I do too, at times), but then again, most characters are still fairly one-trick at this point in the series. It's episode 5; character development doesn't often happen this soon, at least in comedy series.

Most people don't find this type of character all that funny. I like Sakura, but when all she was doing was punch Naruto, it's just grates the nerves. Maybe the Japanese love it. I don't know. I hate it.
May 3, 2010 4:22 PM
Jul 2009
I'm loving it so far, more Poplar wouldn't hurt though, sadly it doens't looks like that's gonna happen anytime soon.
May 3, 2010 4:26 PM

Sep 2008
Nooo why did they have to ruin the perfect image of Popura!?
She needs to only have the ponytail, that's all~!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2010 5:59 PM

Dec 2009

those are really cute ;)

& Satou looked cute as a waiter :)
cute episode, it was funny as always.
May 3, 2010 6:37 PM

Dec 2008
LightningRamiel said:

I wouldnt expect too much character development if any by any of the characters, seeing as this is based on a 4-koma. I suspect it will continue to rehash jokes for the rest of the series (i dont see this going past 13 episodes) about each of the characters "quirks" (I guess this is the word im looking for).

Its worked well so far Im enjoying every minute. Im hoping someone makes a gif of Poplar-zilla.
May 3, 2010 9:03 PM

Jan 2010
This has gotten really stale, it's the same jokes over and over again in the same exact setting. The sister background looks entertaining but other than that it's been getting progressively less entertaining.
Ok™
May 3, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
Oh sweet, an episode on Takanashi's sisters next week.
May 4, 2010 5:52 AM

Mar 2010
OMG Inami is so cute when she is shy xD

I think she is in love with Takanashi
May 4, 2010 6:00 AM

Apr 2008
SO funny ... Souma getting punched by Inami in place of Takanashi

May 4, 2010 9:09 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Too much Inami, not enough Satou X Souma.
Fixed.

noteDhero said:
I like Sakura, but when all she was doing was punch Naruto, it's just grates the nerves. Maybe the Japanese love it. I don't know. I hate it.
I must be reading something really wrong.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 4, 2010 9:32 AM

Aug 2008
You know me so well, Siva. :3

As for Sakura, I do like her. I just hate that since defeating Sasori, she has done nothing of help until this last episode, being in charge of all the sick people. I was surprised to see that her presence/talent was that well acknowledged for her age. At the end of the day, when I look around at all the characters in Naruto's age group, she's in the top 5 of most capable of becoming Hokage. If only she were used/written better.
May 4, 2010 12:53 PM

May 2009
3/5.

It feels like last episodes with minor changes and same jokes.
May 4, 2010 2:32 PM

May 2008
Great episode as always, I loved it~~ Satou is cute when he is mad, but seriously Yachiyo is so dense~~
May 4, 2010 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
mrmuk said:
didn't really like the ending of the episode, but I guess the rest was ok...
I was expecting for some "real" developement between Inami and Takanashi, but in the end, nothing came -.- (I was imagining something like Takanashi enters, Inami gets happy and starts hitting him to release all her hitting "urge" and telling afterwards that she really needs him xD )
Next ep looks not that interesting, but lets see, if the sisters can enjoy.

This would be the case if this anime was romance but it isnt. I expected something along those lines too.
May 4, 2010 7:02 PM

May 2008
Good episode.
funny how everything changed, chefs became servers etc

^^ anyway inami sure cant handle it...hopefully next time.
what was funny was with poplar XD
satou kept on changing her hair style.
and Giant poplar XD haha
May 4, 2010 9:11 PM

Mar 2007
Wini said:

I've done that a few times.
"Someone stop this chain reaction" i lold pretty hard at that.
Im surprised they are keeping the running gag of inami changing her hairpin everyday. It does give her an extra layer of depth. The whole episode was just awesome. Godzilla-poplar got me rolling on the floor too.

...I'm actually pretty curious as to how good Inami's cooking was. I'm sure it wasn't too hard since its a diner-style food.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 5, 2010 6:12 AM

Feb 2009
Satou + waiter uniform = Shizuo?? XD
And lol at Souma's black sparkles when Inami asked him about why he knows her number.
Inami really is changing her hairpin everyday....
Not as good as previous episode but still enjoyable...Next episode about Takanashi sisters. This should be fun...

4/5
May 5, 2010 11:22 AM

Oct 2008
belatkuro said:
Satou + waiter uniform = Shizuo?? XD

That's one formula. There's also Satou + waiter uniform (sky-blue colored) + a black tux + a 180 degree personality change in which he likes to serve (particularly women) = X (hey this equation should be a no-brainer for fans)

I mean why not? He got the "attack Souma through his kicks" part down perfectly.

belatkuro said:
And lol at Souma's black sparkles when Inami asked him about why he knows her number.

Seriously that Souma guy is one shrewd bastard! Why didn't anyone else think of talking to Inami through the phone sooner?! I mean she can't make creampuffs out of guys she can't see!

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel Inami should be in some sort of fighting game? If she was, then she would be the first female fighting game character I can think of that actually uses upper-body strength.
May 6, 2010 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
I actually really liked this episode what with the Poplar teasing and her being giant. I actually noticed Inami changing her hair pins awhile ago -shrugs- though it is nice to see some changes. Satou getting angry is always funny to see too xD. Well the next episode looks interesting since it'll be on Takanashi's sisters which should be a nice change of pace.
May 6, 2010 7:33 AM
Feb 2009
glad next ep will be about takanashi's sistrer coz jokes r getting repetitive
oblivious is a bliss
May 6, 2010 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
"Have you grown taller?"
"Really!? : D"
"No, I lied."
That, and Inami's spontaneous punches. (And yes, I still do actually like Inami, unlike many others here)
The rest was pretty meh.
Oh actually, there's more. Takanashi's little sister as well~ (Oh and let's not forget Takanashi himself Takanashi's seiyuu)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
yeah..poor taneshima...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 7, 2010 12:11 AM

Mar 2008
A pretty nice episode. That phone call idea was actually pretty effective. Worked well for Souma since he could get a feel for Inami's personality since he wasn't just immediately knocked out. He actually clarified about Satou not really being upset with Inami at the end. There was a bit of development for Inami in relation to the staff. Sure she still hasn't broken down her phobia, but she's made a few steps. Did avoid hitting Takanashi at the end of the episode and they had a pretty nice conversation.

I do like Inami's character. Sure the punches aren't something you cheer for, but at least there are solid reasons unlike some characters who do that. Actual regret about not being able to fully get past her phobia. A nice person who is lucky to have that job since it lets her try to struggle against her problem.

Not sure about the next episode. Really didn't get that interested in the Takanashi sisters. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
May 7, 2010 6:47 AM

Nov 2009
The show really revolves around Inami most of the time; hoped for a more interesting ending there. It really shows that Takanashi controls Inami really well.

BTW: How were they cooking the food if all the kitchen staff went onto the floor? Is there ghost workers that have never been introduced?
May 7, 2010 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
helur said:
BTW: How were they cooking the food if all the kitchen staff went onto the floor? Is there ghost workers that have never been introduced?

IIRC the first episode showed there were kitchen staff other than Satou and Souma, but they weren't introduced.

On that subject, there's a waitress with black hair and glasses that occasionally pops up in scenes, and she's even in the opening credits - I wish they'd introduce her!

May 7, 2010 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
I can't really stand Inami,shoot me.But yeah she works out for teh comedy. XD
May 8, 2010 12:49 AM

Sep 2008
This series never stops entertaining me.

I love you, A-1 Pictures.
May 23, 2010 8:56 PM
May 24, 2010 1:18 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome as always. I really wonder, they can keep up the fun. Even though many jokes are repeating, they keep beeing funny.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 23, 2010

112 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Feb 9, 2023 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.