Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
More memories and dive into the past. I feel like this show has a lot of that this season.

I love how Kate managed to be herself even when she's captured. Tbh, she's the type of girl that isn't afraid of anything these days.
Sep 16, 2022 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Maryrose and Rosemary. I hope someday Kate will be able to achieve what they couldn't and they will watch them over from the other world.
Sep 16, 2022 10:11 AM

Jul 2011
This was a great episode, showed the backstory of most of the major support characters, why Barbara and Barbie are the way they are.

Seeing how Barbie was before the accident, I hope that in the end, her and Emilico be great friends.

Maryrose was great for using bureaucracy, to say not my friend problem, is yours now.
And that was a romantic way to go. But I don't think she will die.
Sep 16, 2022 10:15 AM

Mar 2021
I knew this episode would probably fill in some of the backstory(i.e. flashback heavy), but it was still pretty engaging. And the ending was both exciting and emotional. I am really enjoying this season (and I certainly did not hate the first season).
Sep 16, 2022 10:28 AM

Sep 2017
smh christopher don't trust barbara with secret and be misleading

yeah, maryrose courting rosemary

more thomas is always good

maryrose be spitballin truths

Totes gae scene done even better. their lips are even closer now.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 16, 2022 10:44 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty much a perfect episode, with some interesting anime additions. Only slight criticism from me would be that they were supposed to be showing Maryrose and Barbara coming back from passing the debut in that same hall (at the start of the 1st flashback), to contrast with them turning her in.
InfatuateSep 16, 2022 11:14 AM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Jul 2017
Both Rosemary and Maryrose were locked up for their crime, and things went back to normal after the entire ordeal of exposing Master Robe (which was the purpose of the sequel anyway).

Time for the punishment meted out, and as per Barbara's verdict, Maryrose will walk the Passageway of Glory (the same walkway used for the debut) with everyone bearing witness. This was in contrast to their past where Christopher, Maryrose and Barbara were newcomers and wanting to be Star Bearers, with young Edward also in the running to gain a foothold as one of its first leaders in the House. Truly, the 1st Gen Shadow Star Bearers were just as innocent as they could be being students to run amok and cause trouble, they were the greatest.

As we would've expect, once Christopher enters the Star Bearer with the invitation, everything changed for the worst, with Barbara being the outcast in the pursuit of fusion (the process of when a Shadow becomes an adult), and forced to live trepid conditions just so she could get Christopher's acknowledgement. The truth was hidden from her, and what transpired out of it was what was mentioned down to the young Shadows and their Living Dolls, and the secret that Kate and Shaun would eventually reach with the coffee soot brainwashing, it's Maryrose's to uphold, and the truth bomb of the fusion led to a suicide that if revealied to Barbara, she would suffer an outrage of soot release.

Back to the Passageway of Glory to Lord Grandfather's Wing, the fusion process has been leaked and the culprit must be found, though it didn't take long for Maryrose to act at the right moment to confuse the Adults, and Edward's counter power is just as terrifying. At this point, the two of them were ready for anything, and just like Christopher, they yeeted like Harry Potter and Voldemort into the abyss.

Wow, wow, wow. What a perfect penultimate episode of a brutal cliffhanger, what a way to go out. This Shadow-Living Doll Fusion process is a total disaster.
Sep 16, 2022 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
I hope they survive and be able to escape (rule #1 of stories: if no body is shown, it could be alive)
Sep 16, 2022 11:14 AM

Sep 2019
I certainly didn't expect Christopher to commit suicide, big OOF. The big question is, where is Anthony?

I'm hoping Maryrose and Rosemary will be able to escape.
Sep 16, 2022 11:45 AM
Dec 2021
Its kinda sad this series is not popular, i kept feeling like this could be the lasy season. Nevertheless, this season is amazing and this episode is gold.

Im 70% sure they aren’t dead, maybe just yet. They shoulda just told Barbara the whole thing.
Sep 16, 2022 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
Thought this while reading the manga, and had the same impression in the anime: there were a part that focused on telling how the brain of the duo was Anthony, followed by the scene that Anthony says Cristopher commited suicide. It gave me the impression that that's not the true. Either Anthony killed Cristopher in the coffin, or Cristopher really fused with Anthony and is now pretending to be him for god knows what purpose.

Great episode btw
Sep 16, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2011
Maryrose is the best character of this Season, I hope she returned soon, to kick some adults' asses hahahahah
Sep 16, 2022 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
Bittersweet conclusion of Maryrose/Rosemary pair. And their answer is sad because of how the events unfold. This episode shows the flashback of Barbara/Barbie in her POV and likewise for Maryrose.

Christopher/Anthony is invited by the adults to grandfathers wing. Anthony seems escaped and tells MR/RM about what happens when they are invited and the fusion. And the sad news about what happened to Christopher.

And at the end MR/RM chose to be with each other and jumped in the cliff and that fight with Edward is short one but showing how powerful the fusion ones. Overall its great conclusion to the robe disturbance arc

Sep 16, 2022 2:05 PM

Feb 2021
Wow this was an incredible episode.

My favorite one of the season.

The story with Barbara, Christopher, and Edward was really good.

Only one more episode to go and I really wanna see the finale now.
Sep 16, 2022 2:44 PM
Apr 2021
HOLY FUCK this episode was just filled to the brim with backstory and it was amazing R.I.P Christopher when he found out what exactly humans are for in the shadows house and R.I.P my girls rosemary and Maryrose they really are each other’s ride or die fuck man😢😢
Sep 16, 2022 2:54 PM
Mar 2022
I expected them to make it out of the shadow house before this ep came out. when I saw the new ep, they really came out but in a sad way, I didn't expect them to jump off the bridge. right now, I was hoping there was a chance they survived, big ghost that has been broken down into normal soot might be able to save them right?, knowing maryrose can control the soot and make it like a living thing, there should be a chance they survived with the maryrose's power, or if they fell into the river. God, I want to see them live happily
Sep 16, 2022 2:54 PM

Mar 2020
Amazing episode! Best of the season, and while I somewhat expected this, still was quite emotional. Finally got to see more of Barbara's backstory and Christopher as well. The coffee is not just as simple as getting the living dolls to obey, but to have both the shadow and living doll being able to accept the nastiness of the fusion process.
Sep 16, 2022 3:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Interesting backstory for the star bearers but especially Barbara and them being aware of their conditions and their parasite lives before with the test of being able to merge with the human that they based their appearance on, so it's both shocking and not surprising how they would commit suicide after being aware of it, also Edward's sound power :o now it's full chaos on the star bearers part
Sep 16, 2022 3:23 PM
Mar 2019
Maryrose always had the upper hand
Great episode backstory to explain the house's dark secrets.
Wonder if they really died??
Sep 16, 2022 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
This season gets better with every episode!
Sep 16, 2022 5:08 PM

Sep 2020
Edward just can't stop losing.
Sep 16, 2022 5:15 PM
May 2019
The backstory of Christopher and the sad conclusion for Mary Rose and Rosemary.
I was waiting this episode since i read it in the manga and It was animated/adapted very well .
Sep 16, 2022 6:06 PM

Dec 2015
The flashback was great. Revealed quite a bit and showed characters when they were younger. Barbie was such a ball of sunshine. She must not like Emilico much considering she might remind her of how she used to be. Was not ready to see a scrawny Ben and to see that Edward isn't that old.

On another note, holy freaking cheeseballs! He killed himself?! Don't know why I thought that shadows were immortal and nothing could kill them. Looking forward to seeing more about him.

Maryrose knew she wasn't a match but one last burst of resistance and screwing over Edward was spectacular. Their last moments were so beautiful. I'm hoping they survive though. Maryrose and Rosemary, definitely an OTP.
Sep 16, 2022 6:24 PM
Mar 2020
godspeed maryrose and rosemary.
Sep 16, 2022 6:57 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Wow, this episde was really great.
Sep 16, 2022 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
Barbara wanted to be like Christopher but ended up becoming a bitch dictator instead. Sad.
I now wonder what happened with Anthony...

Great backstory episode. Pretty engaging and though I don't really care about Maryrose nor Rosemary, that ending scene with them committing double suicide was indeed touching. Assuming they actually died, that is.
Sep 16, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
My God, what a perfect episode.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 16, 2022 7:37 PM
Mar 2015
the backstory behind Maryrose and Rosemary is very sad Leading to their suicide attempt
Sep 16, 2022 7:41 PM

Jun 2017
Seeing Edward get fucked over is always delightful. Too bad about Maryrose and Rosemary, even in the manga we don't know their fate to this day but I bet they survived somehow. If they took the precaution to plant soot sacks under the walkway then they must have had this whole escape planned out.
Sep 16, 2022 7:49 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yeah, I don't really think they died there. Something's off.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
This was very exciting from start to finish, now Christopher's suicide is something to be intrigued.

Maryrose should have told Edward "suck it!" before jumping.
Sep 16, 2022 9:56 PM
Sep 2018
Wonderful anime that no one talks about.
Sep 16, 2022 10:10 PM
Feb 2021
10/10 señores, capitulazo
Sep 17, 2022 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
That finale... So many feels. I knew where this was going as soon as we learned about Christopher's fate (also, it was obvious that he died, but I really thought he died in the unification), but it still feels so sad. A really good episode, with the point of view of both Barbara & Maryrose being explained, the only fact that I'm sad about is that we don't get a real indepth of Maryrose and Rosemary's relationship besides the prison scene.
Sep 17, 2022 1:47 AM
Aug 2021
finally understand the ED after ep 11 💙
hope they explain what happened to Anthony
Sep 17, 2022 4:19 AM
Jun 2020
BEAUTIFU MOMENT.
Sep 17, 2022 6:32 AM

Aug 2018
Best episode of the season, perhaps even of the whole show so far. It really gave me goosebumps, especially when Maryrose and Rosemary made their final move, which was beautiful yet tragic. Loved the flash backs focused on Christopher (finally !) but also Barbara. Not gonna lie, seeing how Barbara & Barbie drastically changed was very sad, they looked so cheerful back then. The scene at the door and Barbara's pure sadness in her voice... the worst thing is that she ignores and will still ignore the truth, leaving her only with a dream to pursue.

I'm wondering how this season will end, after such events
Sep 17, 2022 7:50 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuck this episode is awesome and touching !!
Sep 17, 2022 12:37 PM

Nov 2017
This end of episode and this cliffhanger!
Sep 17, 2022 1:57 PM
Jan 2018
So I guess brainwashing prevents shadow suicide, considering Chris and Maryrose's fates. I hope Kate is taking notes.
SicarexSep 17, 2022 2:04 PM
Sep 17, 2022 3:26 PM
Aug 2019
Past Barbie was really similar to Emilico, and then she became grumpy lol. Can understand the reason though, that's... quite the heavy responsibility, especially for a child. Though i wonder where did Anthony go after that. Also, I feel like they didn't die with that, Maryrose doesn't really feel like the type to just suicide like that, but... we'll see I guess.
Sep 17, 2022 4:36 PM
Jul 2021
Surely it's a heartbreaking story, but the core mystery of the entire story was revealed too early in last season. The mystery and tragedy in this season are mostly expected.
Sep 17, 2022 4:50 PM
May 2021
the cliffhanger...i cant even-
Sep 17, 2022 5:50 PM
Sep 2018
The best until now, i got SO anxious, my heartbeating is wild.
Sep 17, 2022 9:25 PM
Nov 2018
Incredible. Best episode so far.
Sep 17, 2022 10:20 PM
Dec 2020
HOLY SHIT!! RIP :(
Sep 18, 2022 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
Kugyuu's voice for the Barbies is absolute butter for the ears as always.
Sep 18, 2022 5:15 AM
Dec 2020
Banger episode.
Christopher killed himself Anthony escaped right? What happened to him?
Sep 18, 2022 6:55 AM

Mar 2018
This is probably my favorite episode so far. Loved that backstory and it hurt seeing Barbara so happy knowing what she's like now.

I wonder if Maryrose and Rosemary had something like this planned all along. Those sacks of soot must've been placed there before they were captured. I hope they survived but if they didn't I'm glad they at least got to die on their own terms instead of being interrogated or worse in grandfathers wing.
Sep 18, 2022 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
Damn this was a heavy episode. Seeing the backstory of Maryrose and Barbara, how Christopher's suicide changed everything, Maryrose and Rosemary jumping to their presumed death (though they could still be alive somehow), what a great episode. Looking forward to seeing how the finale wraps this all up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

Vicky9anime - 10 hours ago

10 by Sakura679 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2022

69 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.