Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2022 3:15 AM

Jun 2022
commonxreaction said:
Why would you touch the diarrhea? ಠ_ಠ

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

hahahaha. From a manga reader, don't worry!

I T G E T S W O R S E
Aug 18, 2022 3:21 AM
Nov 2011
commonxreaction said:

silversaint said:
i was getting slightly bothered by the shitting scenes from previous eps but this time they actually showed shit... ugh why touch that with bare hands? that was gross man

Believe it or not, this is what people used to do to uncover diseases before modern medecine. Inspecting shit. I know it's gross but at least it's realistic in a survival setting... ^^'
Aug 18, 2022 3:38 AM

Jan 2021
That was a ruthless episode.
Holy shit!
Aug 18, 2022 3:54 AM

Dec 2008
I feel emotionally drained after watching that episode. However, I cannot wait for the next episode, this is exploring a different environment at its most interesting.
May the Uguu be with you.

Aug 18, 2022 4:24 AM
Jul 2020
Didn't t Riko had diarrhoea too and she was drinking a lots of water smh smh.....
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Aug 18, 2022 5:20 AM
Jul 2021
as berzerk reader to the latest chapter and playing bloodborn.

this is just really one of those fuck up roller coaster trip.
Aug 18, 2022 5:25 AM

Jul 2015
I really like how this show handles it's monologues, this episode had an amazing one, Vueko's words and Irumyuui's suffering just hits hard,
Aug 18, 2022 5:31 AM
May 2020
Holy fuck... That last line from Wazukyan before the episode ends, that probably gave me goosebumps the most out of every piece of fiction I watched. I don't know what to say anymore... I'm changing this from 8/10 to 10/10.
Aug 18, 2022 5:41 AM

Dec 2019
Bro why did she touch the shit that was so nasty lol
Aug 18, 2022 5:48 AM
Jun 2019
Turbio, pero intrigante
Aug 18, 2022 6:12 AM

Jan 2021
what did i just watch?
Roxy

Aug 18, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2016
What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck. Fantastic episode though.

Bro, imagine drinking water that's a living being and makes you shit to death, damn, maybe I don't wanna be hydrated anymore.

I was wondering how Iruburu got that much of a population, well, I think I now know why. Maybe Bondrewd's crib wasn't so bad after all.

Jesus Christ man, and the backstory ain't even over yet... Can't wait for more pain. Pain in Abyss.
Aug 18, 2022 6:36 AM

Aug 2022
Well, Irumyuui got what she desired for, although the result isn't what she expected. Also i don't think i want to know what wazukyan gave to vueko. I can only make a wild guess, but i hope it's not irumyuui's children or anything.
Aug 18, 2022 7:22 AM
May 2011
"Why are Riko safe from guzzling water on the sixth layer?" The original author Akihito Tukushi tweeted the following regarding this question.

------------
The protozoan "Pseudo-water" have not been found in Riko's time, so the countermeasure for them is also unknown.

Since Riko and her group obtained their water from running water, perhaps the Pseudo-water need a pond where they can reproduce until they reach a certain level of abundance.
Aug 18, 2022 8:22 AM
Jul 2021
ebcdic-ascii said:
"Why are Riko safe from guzzling water on the sixth layer?" The original author Akihito Tukushi tweeted the following regarding this question.

------------
The protozoan "Pseudo-water" have not been found in Riko's time, so the countermeasure for them is also unknown.

Since Riko and her group obtained their water from running water, perhaps the Pseudo-water need a pond where they can reproduce until they reach a certain level of abundance.

i have theory that from the hint from how riko eye is blurry because mutations from abyss and she techically " dead, revive & reconstruct since she still baby" so technically she is mutated creature because the white cube ? not humans ? maybe
Aug 18, 2022 8:33 AM

May 2022
Each week I go into every episode happy and 25 min later I’m either worried or depressed, lol. I have to say of all the shows about adventure that I’ve watched, this one really makes me feel like I’m on an adventure. I can’t wait to torture myself again next week.
Aug 18, 2022 8:41 AM

Mar 2012
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
ChibiSpawn said:
missing yuri scene, but great episode anyway!

unforgivable that they cut it off
first they removed vueko being horny for reg last ep, now this....

Cmon man there are limits even for this series, you actually want scenes to animate pedophilia? sheesh

At least the darkness of this story is still being conveyed. It is only going to get worse without spoiling anything.
I love how they are animating this. its fantastic :D
Aug 18, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2020
That was some good shit
Aug 18, 2022 9:16 AM
Nov 2017
-ShadowClaw- said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

unforgivable that they cut it off
first they removed vueko being horny for reg last ep, now this....

Cmon man there are limits even for this series, you actually want scenes to animate pedophilia? sheesh

At least the darkness of this story is still being conveyed. It is only going to get worse without spoiling anything.

1. It wouldn't be pedophilia, Vueko and the blue haired chick are adults. Its time to stop bro

2. The sex scene adds nothing to the story other than comedy, and every second of animation is very costly to produce. If any corners are to be cut, this would be the lesser of all evils, and would allow to cram in more stuff that would make the adaptation as faithful to the manga as possible
Aug 18, 2022 9:19 AM
Nov 2019
HE FED THEM HER CHILDREN. I read the manga and somehow didn't catch it the first time.
Aug 18, 2022 9:22 AM
Nov 2016
When will the pain end?
Aug 18, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
BirdyTheMighty said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

1. It wouldn't be pedophilia, Vueko and the blue haired chick are adults. Its time to stop bro

2. The sex scene adds nothing to the story other than comedy, and every second of animation is very costly to produce. If any corners are to be cut, this would be the lesser of all evils, and would allow to cram in more stuff that would make the adaptation as faithful to the manga as possible

You do know i was talking about Veuko being horny for Reg right? But no apparently you ignored and make it like i was talking about the other, and dont try to tell me reg is an immortal cyborg excuse cause he still looks and acts like a kid
Aug 18, 2022 9:56 AM
Nov 2017
-ShadowClaw- said:
BirdyTheMighty said:

You do know i was talking about Veuko being horny for Reg right? But no apparently you ignored and make it like i was talking about the other, and dont try to tell me reg is an immortal cyborg excuse cause he still looks and acts like a kid

You do know that the very beginning of this quotation circle-jerk started with someone bitching about the yuri scene being cut out?

Someone mentioned Reg in passing, and you started talking about Reg without making any indication the topic switched to him from that point onward. So no, I didn't ignore anything. I just dont read minds 😺

And I don't care about Reg being a cyborg or an actual kid, so I don't need to give you any excuses 🙂. Even if they made straight up hentai scenes it would do absolutely nothing for me, and I would just ignore those scenes and enjoy the story.

The whole "OMG, pedos everywhere!!1!" attitude that seems to be all the rage nowadays reminds me of when I was a closet-dwelling teen, and was hypersensitive to any homosexual content or anything that could be remotely interpreted as such. After coming out of the closet and getting over myself I completely stopped caring and or noticing that which previously caused me to be so outraged.

Just some food for thought ;)
Aug 18, 2022 10:18 AM
Mar 2019
Tragedy just keeps on happening, this hole is so unforgiving, it's so sad.
Aug 18, 2022 10:52 AM
Nov 2014
Best episode this season by far. This episode is why we love made in abyss, the darker it gets the better it gets
Aug 18, 2022 11:18 AM

Mar 2020
BirdyTheMighty said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

nah, later
It will be random without knowing what they had in common in the past. Same as sherumi namedrop on the tag.
Aug 18, 2022 11:30 AM
Nov 2017
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
BirdyTheMighty said:

nah, later
It will be random without knowing what they had in common in the past. Same as sherumi namedrop on the tag.
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
BirdyTheMighty said:

nah, later

Oh yeah. Shit, that actually makes a lot of sense now. Good eye for details bro
Aug 18, 2022 11:31 AM
Jun 2022
Atlos said:
I've been thinking the past few episodes haven't been as good but this picked up
yeah first 6 ep was garbage but this ep IS a Master-piece
Aug 18, 2022 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
Goddamn, that was disturbing... loved it!
Aug 18, 2022 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah it just doesn't stop, things getting more and more f-d up!
Aug 18, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
next episode gonna be full despair mode...
for those who curious there's subtle hint of what Irumyuui will become on episode 5 when Riko learning the language...
Aug 18, 2022 12:39 PM

Aug 2018
This is straight up most depressing episode so far, I really should’ve expected things to go this dark in the past when the expedition team were first ones to arrive there.

But this was just damn, very dark
Aug 18, 2022 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
Aw man it's hard to watch this
Aug 18, 2022 2:04 PM

Sep 2018
Holy shit, this episode was very rough. It left me speachless. Made in Abyss is really a masterpiece. Can't wait for the next ep.
Aug 18, 2022 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
WeFeed said:
Bro why did she touch the shit that was so nasty lol

Fr. I was so afraid that she is going to lick it after that dfsgdsada
Aug 18, 2022 2:36 PM
Apr 2016
As always i am very annoyed by the pooping elements that this season seems to love, this is not disturbing just gross and unecessary.
But I m starting to like Vueko more and more. I'm pretty sure he is one of the three judges of the town.
Aug 18, 2022 2:56 PM
Aug 2018
This anime just keep getting darker...
Aug 18, 2022 3:02 PM
Oct 2012
Many old medical diagnosis were based on excrement, even its taste. This is survival horror and it's raw.
Aug 18, 2022 3:07 PM
Jul 2015
freaky story but amazing
Aug 18, 2022 3:19 PM

Mar 2008
She wants to have kids and she feels sad about the rabbit pet's death. Her wishes are mixed together so she starts giving birth to rabbits which happen to be an antidote to the toxic water. She doesn't have knowledge about anatomy of the rabbit so she gives birth to incomplete ones which die shortly after. They just cook the rabbits to cure the infection. It isn't too messed up imo.
Aug 18, 2022 3:20 PM
May 2015
I love that it just never stops being fucked up in every way possible. The plot is so good in the sense of showing all of the struggles in the face of survival. Travelers finding what they've been in search of, only for everything to slowly go wrong. No one there to hold their hand and guide them through the rough spots. With the conclusion of this episode, I can only imagine what messed up shit Wazukyan did in order to save everyone. I already had a feeling, but if it comes to fruition... ohhh boy. Good shit.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Aug 18, 2022 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
this was way too sad... just cruel :(
Aug 18, 2022 3:33 PM

Aug 2020
Well that was painful to watch, the OST is so good it made it even more painful to watch😂
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Aug 18, 2022 3:37 PM
Dec 2021
commonxreaction said:
Ares912 said:

Lmao, if you think this is really fucked up then you are weak, and ofc, she did touch the diarrhea to analyze it's texture and that's how she found the eggs

Depression makes you weak. I dunno what you want me to tell you? I wake up every day upset that I didn't die in my sleep.

It’s seems… lots of us want to die without killing ourselves. Life is sad, if I’m sad everyday, does it mean I’m always depressed?
Everyone just wants a easy and painless death.
Aug 18, 2022 3:49 PM

Sep 2017
Oh maaaaan this episode was so good. I've been waiting for this flashback arc to get animated and it so far it does not disappoint. Best part is I think the best part is still yet come. Should be all wrapped up next episode. Can't wait. It's just so beautifully horrific.
Aug 18, 2022 5:16 PM

May 2012
This episode hurt me so much....i feel like crying for weeks :((
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 18, 2022 6:04 PM

May 2021
God-tier soundtracks + the other-worldly horror that MIA is known for = MIA is approaching it's climax and the best episode of the season so far. The leader definitely sacrificed those kids, didn't he? And the manga readers are saying it only gets worse...

Aug 18, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2020
ClaireBear86 said:
commonxreaction said:

What the fuck did I just watch? This… wow. Uh, I never thought anything would top Berserk in terms of being fucked up, but, without a doubt, this episode is probably the most fucked up thing I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think I’ll ever recover from this episode. Like, that was not what I needed to see at this point in my life. I feel like all the progress I made with overcoming my depression was just lost in the span of 23 minutes.

hahahaha. From a manga reader, don't worry!

I T G E T S W O R S E

Is the manga done? I was going to binge it. Looks like MAL says it's still publishing.

This series does a good job of lulling its viewers into a false sense of security. I thought we were slowly and steadily rise of optimism but this shit just came in hot, without warning. And, it's even more crazy because it wasn't even something that directly involved Riko. So again, it caught me by surprise.

Monfalim said:
commonxreaction said:

silversaint said:
i was getting slightly bothered by the shitting scenes from previous eps but this time they actually showed shit... ugh why touch that with bare hands? that was gross man

Believe it or not, this is what people used to do to uncover diseases before modern medecine. Inspecting shit. I know it's gross but at least it's realistic in a survival setting... ^^'

Fair enough, it's still gross though. I feel like you could learn a good amount without having to touch it.

Bikuta-san said:
commonxreaction said:

Depression makes you weak. I dunno what you want me to tell you? I wake up every day upset that I didn't die in my sleep.

It’s seems… lots of us want to die without killing ourselves. Life is sad, if I’m sad everyday, does it mean I’m always depressed?
Everyone just wants a easy and painless death.

Life's hard. I've attempted suicide twice in my life, but apparently I'm bad at it. I'm still here.

That being said, I don't think being sad, or depressed, is necessarily a bad thing.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 18, 2022 6:33 PM
May 2022
As always, great episode
Aug 18, 2022 6:42 PM
Nov 2017
Avarion said:
Many old medical diagnosis were based on excrement, even its taste. This is survival horror and it's raw.

And in modern times too, thankfully without the tasting and touching with bare hands part lol.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.