Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
So that was like a calm before the storm. Too bad there's an even tougher exam than the one they took. On the other hand, it's good to know that Class D managed to get decent marks on the previous test.

It feels like this serves as another buildup episode to truly tests the limits of Class D yet again.
Aug 15, 2022 5:32 AM

May 2020
Well no surprises you’ll catch the eyes of a few hotties after almost beating the top dog of school, so not to blame Satou here. Though again it was something Ayanokouji did on his own accord, so he would’ve been expecting something like this to come up sooner or later lol.

Anyways, coming to the main theme of this volume, we were given a brief of this “Paper Shuffle” test, which in short is a class against class battle wherein they’ll prepare papers for the other class, the class they’ll choose as an opponent in that final second term exams coming later on. But first we’ll have pairs decided, as it’s a compulsion going in for these exams.

Bit about Kushida’s past too, and from that it’s pretty clear why she wants Horikita expelled as she’s the only one who knows about her dark past, like it’s a bit exaggerated to me but okay that's just how this series works. And of course Ryuuen is already onto this famed mastermind who's running class D from the shadows.

Really hate to say this but they're going in with some super express pacing, yet again. Though Karuizawa x Ayanokoji moments were there so that's okay.
Aug 15, 2022 6:20 AM

Jan 2018
Kushida's past for me is really not that surprising. We already know she's a psychopath.

Kei being jealous? That is definitely something.

Ryuen beating up a woman. As expeceted from a dictatorship class.

Paper shuffle is interesting. Cannot wait for the next episode.
Aug 15, 2022 6:43 AM
Feb 2020
I like the pacing of this episode, not much I can criticize here although they change some scenes (as usual).

Ryuuen being chad he is, I listed him in my top characters who believes in True Gender Equality.

And Horikita decided to convince and protect Kushida to become her ally which is probably not will work until

Call me one of those shippers and simp but I love the KiyoKei scene in this episode.
FrankapowAug 15, 2022 6:48 AM
Aug 15, 2022 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
ohh it was Manabe, the question is what deal that Ayanokouji make with her?

did i sense KK jealous?

wait they wrapping up the Paper Shuffle in the same episode?
LN readers probably will tell us if they speedrunning or not.
Aug 15, 2022 6:45 AM

Jul 2021
Another outsourced episode... Well I really did enjoy this particular scene lol
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 15, 2022 6:49 AM
Jul 2022
listen I don't give a damn if the studio goofed up again for the 9000th time with their cell shaded slideshow and cutting out the arisu dialogues I saw kei blushing and that gives me enough serotonin for it to be lethal
10/10 episode W anime ayanokoji solos your fav
Aug 15, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 2021
patchworx said:
listen I don't give a damn if the studio goofed up again for the 9000th time with their cell shaded slideshow and cutting out the arisu dialogues I saw kei blushing and that gives me enough serotonin for it to be lethal
10/10 episode W anime ayanokoji solos your fav
you're gonna trigger L and lelouch fanbois
Aug 15, 2022 6:59 AM

Apr 2021
This was a pretty good episode. We are introduced to Maya Sato and it looks like she likes Ayanokoji^^. Also Ryuen is on to Ayanokoji but still he's not a 100% sure. I'm curious to know more about Kushida's past, since the way Horikira put it, makes it really bad I guess? Speaking of Horikita, her strategy was a success and the pairs formed are interesting to see. Overall I enjoyed watching this episode.
Aug 15, 2022 7:01 AM

Jun 2019
As expected. After Ayanokoji's performance at the sports festival, he would get a lot of eyes on him and the girls starting to ask him out is one indicator. On top of that, these pair-ups definitely have something going on or should I say, some kind of build-up. Ayanokoji is getting all the girls. Some being jealous, some getting warm to him, and all sorts of things. LOL. Well... we'll see how that goes.
Aug 15, 2022 7:04 AM

Oct 2017
Ayanokouji ending up with Maya Sato is gonna be amusing. Specially with jealous Kei.
Aug 15, 2022 7:08 AM
Mar 2020
ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Aug 15, 2022 7:12 AM

Mar 2022
bruh w ayanokoji
looking forward for next episode

Aug 15, 2022 7:13 AM
Jul 2022
This was an interesting episode alongside the sports festival episode that both went by too fast.. I can't wait for the next episode of Classroom of the Elite..
Aug 15, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2022
Haven't watched it yet but I know that Gigakoji-kun
will destroy kushida chan while career
Aug 15, 2022 7:18 AM
Apr 2020
Little less detailed than Light Novel and the order is little different but all that is unimportant because it is definitely going by story wise
Aug 15, 2022 7:21 AM
Jun 2021
I’m not a LN reader but I saw some Satou panels and really hyped to see her animated scenes, even tho the ep was outsourced which I guessed would be enjoyed it quite much especially the details of Kushida’s past and Ryuen finding the traitor, and a theory of mine but Ayonokouji prob blackmailed those girls with the pictures he took when Kei got bullied, Ayanogod at work again
Aug 15, 2022 7:22 AM
Jul 2021
Am I the only LN readers who thinks this episode was (pacing wise) really good?
However it seems outsourced.
Aug 15, 2022 7:22 AM
Jul 2020
i thought arisu and ayanokoji meet in this episode? is that not true?
Aug 15, 2022 7:23 AM
May 2021
So no sakayanagi scene? what? That's one of the most important scenes in the entire light novel, and they just skipped it? I can deal with outsourced episodes and crappy animation, but not when they skip important scenes then that's an issue that even anime fans should be upset about
Aug 15, 2022 7:24 AM

Dec 2020
That Sato is wanting something from ayanokoji kun just friendship but kei is jealous lol that was something new.
Looks like class D got a decent score everyone passed.
Godd episode so ayanokoji and sato are one pair.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 15, 2022 7:36 AM
Jul 2021
What, the ep was outsourced? It didn’t seem outsourced.
Aug 15, 2022 7:38 AM

Jun 2021
New student council president Nagumo might be trouble. Might have to keep an eye on him. I’m glad Katsuragi appears to have learned his lesson. He seems like a decent enough guy.

Ayanokoji, you little playboy! Lol. I guess that dead eyed look does it for some girls eh? Sakura, Karuizawa, Sato…our boy is about to have his own harem haha. Karuizawa’s little late night call to check on Ayanokoji was great. Someone’s jealous lol. He’s a smooth one with that whole “I’ll save you” stuff though.

This Paper shuffle sounds like it might be pretty tough, especially with the questions being made up by each class. Horikita’s plan makes sense but I’m not sure about letting Kushida hear it, especially when they said they’re going after C.

I thought we’d get more about Kushida’s “dark past” but all we learned was that she destroyed a class. Pretty curious what she did but I’m not worried. She’s light years away from being able to tangle with Ayanokoji. I’m with Ayanokoji, she needs to go. No matter how talented she is, I feel she is a bigger liability. With the Class C mole getting burned, I wonder if Ayanokoji had planned any backup plans in case that happened. Otherwise Class C might actually be a step ahead, which would be surprising.

Looks like we got some interesting pairs next week. Sudo and Sato must be pleased, they’re both with their respective crushes lol. Love that little look of annoyance on Karuizawa’s face haha.
Aug 15, 2022 7:39 AM
Mar 2017

There's. No. Way.

Edit: This is after the girl who "confessed" to Kiyotaka called him handsome. This has to be a joke.
Lick_My_AnimeAug 15, 2022 7:46 AM
Aug 15, 2022 7:40 AM
Jun 2020
Maya seems to be a nice person... I searched if she is, you know, another Kikyō (that is how much I trust this anime characters).
Aug 15, 2022 7:42 AM

Jan 2021
Interesting episode.

looks like another hard exam is coming towards them but they managed that and I'm interested to see what the Paper Shuffle is about, i hoped for Ayanokouji and Horikita to be together but it is what it is

A girl liking Ayanokouji, that's new to me, ofcourse Kei being jealous that she can't be with him, although i liked the phone call between them.

Ryuuen beating up a woman like he owns the whole class, but its an dictatorship class so its to be expected
__andre__Aug 15, 2022 7:52 AM
Aug 15, 2022 7:44 AM

Mar 2011
It seems the whole season will be outsorced to other studios.
Aug 15, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
Sato do hit different tho

So episode didn’t quite cover what I thought it would, animation was outsourced as usual, some wonky scenes and really bad designs at time, but for the most part it was serviceable. I’m guessing they’re saving the good animation for episode 9.

Solid set up episode for Kishida and Hirikita’s backstory and blushing Kei so I can’t complain too much about today. Kei and Kiyopon’s phone call at the end was so cute lol. Roundabout way of making sure he doesn’t get close to another girl. She’ll definitely be at the top of anime trending’s list again this week.

For all its downsides, you zitsu did give us blushing kei so I’m ok with the ep.
Marinate1016Aug 15, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 15, 2022 7:48 AM
Nov 2020
What I didn't like was the large number of harems around the hero
Aug 15, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2020
Ah finally we got a breather episode, haven't got that in quite a while. Or maybe it's just me feeling refreshed while watching this, but yeah this is a setup episode with not a lot of questions to compound our brain...except for one!

Okay in my mind how the hell did Manabe sold some secrets to Class D, I guess she and her lackey had that contact with Ayanokouji when they pinned Kei to the corner earlier this season, theres that but what more? Atleast that's the only question...so far.

Kushida ever since last episode is scary to look at, I get it if she wants to be a bitch in Horikita and Ayanokouji, but knowing that she can sell Class D at any possible moments to Ryuen solidified her snake persona, not only she a bitch but she also a dirty snitch. Well I hope this paper shuffle arc will be good.

And to end on some light hearted note, Kei is jealous...LETS GOOO. My romance fan side in me is grinning when Kei got a bit mad when Ayanokouji is paired with Sato, honestly I didn't even remember that Sato is part of Class D but there you go. Of course first guess is that she has intentions but for now let the anime moment succumb our anime-only brain and think that we're having a triangle play over here in a show like COTE.

Lastly, I know this post is already long but the relationship between Horikita and Sudo is so reminiscent of that time when Kaguya is pinning Ishigami to get good grades in Love is War. I know it's a spoiler but the comparison is too good to skip.
Aug 15, 2022 7:53 AM

Nov 2017
kei is so adorable

plz @ me
Aug 15, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
it's harem time. characters limit
Aug 15, 2022 8:44 AM
Oct 2021
light novel readers, so far, is the second season adapting correctly?
Aug 15, 2022 8:51 AM
Feb 2022
i don't think horikita can convince kushida i mean it's kushida we're talking about so it's not much surprising
and ayanokouji getting some attention is not that bad i guess it's actually fun because we got to see kei being jealous which was actually really cute ahahaha
and damn ryuuen this dude is nuts
ryuuen vs ayanokouji is starting let's goooooo!
Aug 15, 2022 9:00 AM

Sep 2020
Still loving the series and hope it won't decline in quality. I think I'll start reading the LN sometime soon because I hate having to wait each week for an episode to find out what happens next.
Aug 15, 2022 9:01 AM
May 2020
I pray they’re just saving the kiyo and arisu scene for later they cannot skip such an important scene that kickstarts their whole dynamic as well as us learning more about kiyos past
Aug 15, 2022 9:06 AM

Jul 2021
Another great episode.

Ayanokoji getting confessed to by a very cute girl was unexpected and it was funny seeing how prepared the girl came with buttons undone and all lmao. IDK if Ayanokoji is really dense or is acting dense but that was a great exchange. The race had quite an impact with even Katsuragi approaching Ayanokoji and warning him and stuff, now both of them have same enemies, class C, possible friendship out of a common enemy? That could be good if Katsuragi and all aren't completely bad guys.

We learn a little bit about Kushida's past from middle school but that wasn't anything concrete to draw any conclusions from. All we know is Kushida is a very bad girl.

It wasn't really hard to determine who the spy from class C was. That was a well deserved head bang xD. Don't hate me for this but I want to see Ryuuen getting bullied, that too by Ayanokoji, that would be quite a sight to behold especially considering how it will completely destory Ryuuen mentally. I mean he's the sole bully of class C, he should get a taste of his own medicine.

We were blessed with blushing/embarassed Horikita not once but twice this episode :D Almost forgot about Karuizawa's blush scene though, Horikita's had a greater imapct considering how she always wears a poker or angry expression. Karuizawa's blush was cute too.

It was good to see Horikita leading this time and everyone even chose to follow her.

Judging from how Karuizawa is acting and talking to Ayanokoji, her actions just point to one thing, she's slowly falling for Ayanokoji, which is not surprising at all. He literally said he will protect her always whenever she calls for him, of course she's gonna fall for him.

The mini test results were as expected but I wonder what Ayanokoji meant by, "incredible in the worst possible way".

Pretty good episode overall. We didn't have intense scenes like last episode but this was a pretty good episode anyway. Seems like a buildup before the real shit with the final test goes down. Every class is gonna aim for class D to recieve their question paper, that's for sure and class D has no option but to choose class C to receive their question paper. Excited to see what will happen.
TsutanaiFuunAug 15, 2022 9:25 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 15, 2022 9:06 AM
Sep 2015
I see no point of Horikita's mini-test plan, just make everyone try to do the test at their best and things will sort out eventually, those who have low score will pair with high score anyway, there's no need to make those who have low past score history to send a blank paper.
Aug 15, 2022 9:10 AM
Mar 2015
Ryuen is now worried about our boi Would like to see Kushida drawn and quartered
Aug 15, 2022 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
so just sooo casually they showed katsuragi and ayanokoji scene
but suprisingly nobody questioning why they talked as if they already talked with each other
that's where the fault lies when they decide to skip an entire vol that is vol 4.5 in which

the moments of kei x kiyopon was soo cute
hope they top this weeks couple ship
Aug 15, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2021
4/5 this was a good episode tbh but I still hope it becomes as good as s1 was
Aug 15, 2022 9:22 AM
May 2022
THEY DIDNT SHOW THE SCENE WITH ARISU LIKE WHAT!! Outsourced episode but the pacing however was decent this time compared to the previous ones.
Ok but even though the KiyoKei Phone call in the end makes up for everything.
9/10
Aug 15, 2022 9:28 AM
Jan 2022
i can’t believe they skipped over the arisu and ayanokoji interaction
Aug 15, 2022 9:34 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, Ayanokouji seems to be getting pretty popular. I guess sociopathic men with the dull look of a dead fish are just completely irresistible to girls, amirite? Oh, but at least he can run fast.
Aug 15, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2021
Shits fr bussin (•ˋ _ ˊ•)
Aug 15, 2022 9:46 AM

Jul 2017
So brother Horikita is out, and Miyabi Nagumo of Class 2-A is the next successor. It's clear that Class 1-A and 1-D have the common enemy of Class 1-C's Ryuen, though from this episode onwards it's Ayanokouji's "choose your dating tool" problem.

Luckily for Class 1-D, the midterms saw no one expelled, but that does not mean that it's over: the Paper Shuffle which serves as the finals, in pairs of 2 which will be chosen by a mini test ascertaining their academic abilities that will still contribute to the overall results, and while the bell curve to beat is 60, it's every class making questions for the other, continuing in the same vein as the previous tests.

Bearing not the forget-tance that Kushida is the one whom sold the class out to Ryuen's class during the sports festival, and Horikita finally revealing her past with Kushida to Ayanokouji only proves one thing: the leopard never changes its spots, and the traitor will not stop until the former is expelled, or convince her while Ayanokouji keeps watch.

Ryuen's "unequivocal violence" that puts his own class on a pedestal to scout out the mastermind of their betrayal, and already puts Kushida on his line of exclusivity to scout out things on their side. Hirokita's plan of dividing the class into different academic levels ain't a bad plan, it's just a matter of time when Kushida knows to rat them out (which because of time constraints, had to rush the pacing to a certain point).

So Ayanokouji's sports festival stunt got the fruition of getting asked out by this unassuming same class classmate (Maya Sato) that has an interest in him, though Kei sure is looking onward in jealousy. And throughout all this time for the platonic MC, he's keeping everyone in check, and his "sworn loyalty" to Kei as an agreement.

Though the pairing sure is a coincidence...a really weird case of fate.
Yet another outsourced episode again, it's looking ugly as hell now...
Aug 15, 2022 9:49 AM

Feb 2022
so,it's look like our MC got one more tool as Maya Sato..very excited for the next paper shuffle exam...

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Aug 15, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2022
we can still see that ayanokoji is thinking ahead of ryuen and overall this ep was good
Aug 15, 2022 10:08 AM

Mar 2020
Its so funny for me that people still think Lerche is saving the good animation for later you all are coping hard lmao

Let me tell you all a little secret just so you won't be disappointed later on : anime that is going to have good animation will have it from the start.
phantomfandom said:
I see no point of Horikita's mini-test plan, just make everyone try to do the test at their best and things will sort out eventually, those who have low score will pair with high score anyway, there's no need to make those who have low past score history to send a blank paper.
exactly it was completely useless
Aug 15, 2022 10:15 AM
Mar 2021
Good Episode For me as always idc about animation I just wanna see Kei scenes perfectly adapted that's all
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

450 by Alex_TheForest »»
May 3, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

836 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

278 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2022

271 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 29, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

337 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 27, 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.