Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 2010 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
Nice fights in this episode. Also seems like the girl is something special.
Apr 28, 2010 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
And here I was just going to start ranting about Chizuru's uselessness, and what does she do? She instantly heals her wound. Damn, she isn't useless anymore xD.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 28, 2010 12:36 PM

May 2008
I thought I was going to fall asleep during the first part, but then Hijikata's fight was quite good.
And what's with that fast healing? I'm curious now~~
3/5
Apr 28, 2010 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
i like how kazama was practically fucking chizuru with his eyes, LMAO. that scene with sano & chizuru was kinda random though, idk?

"i'll even let you rest on my lap! 8)"
"i-i'm fine."

/scene gets cut
LMAO????
Apr 28, 2010 3:26 PM
Apr 2010
jog said:
i like how kazama was practically fucking chizuru with his eyes, LMAO. that scene with sano & chizuru was kinda random though, idk?

"i'll even let you rest on my lap! 8)"
"i-i'm fine."

/scene gets cut
LMAO????

LOL I couldn't stop laughing at his offer haha
Apr 28, 2010 3:42 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty good episode, the pace gets faster now. Looking forward to see how this healing ability is connected to everything...
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 28, 2010 6:59 PM

Sep 2009
Like the last three episodes, most of this was agonizingly dull, driven by poor dialogue (made worse by the fact that they never stop talking), and frankly just boring. But Chizuru's ability is actually the first remotely interesting thing to crop up in this show.

Also, did anyone else laugh their ass off when they said the town was on fire? I'm not sure why... maybe it was just the delivery or something, but the way they did that line was just downright hilarious.
Apr 28, 2010 7:31 PM

Nov 2009
jog said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ahh...... yes! you mentioned it then I realize that there was the scene. But I still no able understand why Kazama "starrying" at her at that way. Even it was translated in my understandable language. I don't know what the reason he said so.

In this way, Is Kazama going to like her or hate her?
kasumi_JoanneApr 28, 2010 7:36 PM
Apr 28, 2010 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Like the last three episodes, most of this was agonizingly dull, driven by poor dialogue (made worse by the fact that they never stop talking), and frankly just boring. But Chizuru's ability is actually the first remotely interesting thing to crop up in this show.

Also, did anyone else laugh their ass off when they said the town was on fire? I'm not sure why... maybe it was just the delivery or something, but the way they did that line was just downright hilarious.

==================================================

No objection and no agreement on you thought about the anime. But for "town" on fire, I suggest you continue for Ep 4 :D
Apr 28, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
Guys, everyone should have noticed that Chizuru was awesome with one glance, I mean come on, she has a ponytail.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2010 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
I'm confused, why are people saying she healed herself. It looked like she knew it was healed, but it seemed totally passive. She's still just lame for me. Not a bad episode though. I agree that the pacing was good, but since the context is lost on me, I couldn't fully grasp what was going on.
noteDheroApr 28, 2010 11:16 PM
Apr 28, 2010 10:29 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
I'm confused, why are people saying she healed herself. It didn't look like she knew it was healed, but it seemed totally passive.

I'm pretty sure she did... from the looks of things, she was also trying to hide it as well.

She knows something we dooon't~
Apr 28, 2010 11:16 PM

Aug 2008
Whoops, I said the wrong thing. Corrected the post. Doesn't really change your response, though, Lind.
Apr 28, 2010 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Guys, everyone should have noticed that Chizuru was awesome with one glance, I mean come on, she has a ponytail.
Oh right, of course, should've known she wouldn't be that useless after all, eh? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 28, 2010 11:43 PM

Jul 2009
Woot did i saw a kunoichi there..where is she..!
Apr 29, 2010 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
This is getting more interesting, Self healing mechanism ey?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 29, 2010 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode! The story is gaining momentum nicely. Chizuru is less annoying!
Apr 29, 2010 8:38 AM
Oct 2008
4/5

One more reason to watch this anime (beside the quite good story and others..): Chizuru healed herself.. or smth. O.O I was very surprised about that; I didn't expect it at all. ... I can't wait for the next eps. ^w^
Apr 29, 2010 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
Whoa whoa whoa, wait what? Chizuru's cut healing itself was a total surprise! It seems she knows about it too and was trying to keep it a secret from everyone. Very interesting...

Apr 29, 2010 2:25 PM

Sep 2008
I'd hide it too; I wouldn't want people finding out that I was a homunculus. They might tell Edward Elric. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 3:49 PM

Feb 2009
Chizuru don't be a prude! When an hottie offer his lap you must oblige!!! I wish there were more Nodame type character around.

AH! somebody got a gun, kuso you don't bring a gun to sword fight!

Now this has gotten a little bit interesting and I was going to drop it after that episode. Her body can heal quickly and she knows about it, I wonder if this just for superficial wounds or more deeper ones.

Great when those idiots start to fight the populace always got caught in the middle.
Apr 29, 2010 7:11 PM

Jun 2008
My reactions for the episode:

Until she got 'stabbed': *yawn*
When I thought she got stabbed: OH SHIT! OoO
When she didn't get stabbed: Ah, man. -_-
When she healed: OH SHIT! OoO

That is all.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Apr 29, 2010 8:44 PM

Apr 2009
Uskaro said:

That is all.

Awesome reaction. ^^

Apr 29, 2010 10:09 PM

Nov 2009
DarcyD said:
Chizuru just got awesome.

this.

And Toshi is getting awesomer too c:
Apr 29, 2010 10:51 PM

Jan 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Her body can heal quickly and she knows about it, I wonder if this just for superficial wounds or more deeper ones.
I guess it goes for all wounds, but deeper ones would obviously take longer, and being deep enough, it wouldn't surprise me if she'd die from blood loss before being able to heal enough : p
Apr 30, 2010 6:34 AM

Apr 2009
Okay, so I rewatched the Chizuru healing bit.

The injury is on her right arm. Naturally, she covers the wound with her left hand. When the other guy comes by and removes the sword from the bridge, she's not covering it anymore...
She recovers it when those two leave and Hijikata approaches. He gives her a weird stare for a bit before offering the handkerchief. When she goes to touch it, she uses her left hand, hesitates and looks away. So...despite trying to hide the whole healing thing, she pretty much showed everyone present that her wound disappeared.

Wonder how Hijikata feels about founding out Chizuru's little talent.

Apr 30, 2010 8:34 AM

Jan 2009
Waffocopter said:
Probably something along the lines of "Awesome, now we've got an unlimited supply of cannon fodder! : D" or something, what'cha think? xD
Apr 30, 2010 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
whats up with instant regeneration?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 30, 2010 12:40 PM
Jun 2008
kage-bunshin said:
whats up with the instant cover up after the regeneration?.The opponent seems to be well aware of this matter.Maybe they have the same blood(ability)?
Apr 30, 2010 5:25 PM

May 2008
Seriously. If the spark or awesomeness at the end doesn't follow through to the next episode imma be dropping this.

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
May 1, 2010 3:34 AM
Nov 2008
MorningGlory said:
kage-bunshin said:
whats up with the instant cover up after the regeneration?.The opponent seems to be well aware of this matter.Maybe they have the same blood(ability)?

i think it has something to do with 'the drug'. the red bottle in the OP. And Chizuru's ..Father? idk.

hakuouki is an anime I can't afford to drop, considering that I LOVE Bishies.
May 1, 2010 7:31 AM
Jun 2008
kindness said:
MorningGlory said:
kage-bunshin said:

i think it has something to do with 'the drug'. the red bottle in the OP. And Chizuru's ..Father? idk.

hakuouki is an anime I can't afford to drop, considering that I LOVE Bishies.
I kinda missed the crazy freak in the first episode.I hope there is something related to it(sob)
May 1, 2010 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
I wish I can heal myself like Chizuru! D8 *looks at scab on elbow* Lucky...ahem...anyways, the episode was awesome! I like the fight scene between Kazama and Hijikata. ^^
May 1, 2010 8:24 PM

May 2008
Nice episode, got scared for a moment for chizuru, i thought she got stabbed D:

anyway she healed??? meaning more bg story in her.
lloking forward for 5!
May 2, 2010 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
interesting....
May 3, 2010 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
Uskaro said:

That is all.

Same here. The action hasn't been bad but the episodes are too sliced up for my tastes right now. I gave it one more but i am not really impressed.
May 3, 2010 6:39 PM

Nov 2007
It was tragic near the end there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 3, 2010 8:13 PM
Jan 2009
Why does everyone keep saying Chizuru healed herself? Because, to me it looked like she just took care of her cut. No mystical healing powers involved. Even though it'd be really cool if it turned out that way but from the look of it she got a cut and as she was applying pressure to the wound blood pooled in the area.

What's up with the 2 girls at the beginning? They kind of remind me of the 2 weirdo mystics in Shinsengumi Peacemaker and those 2 Satsuma guys, the blond and red head remind me of the Kunoichi from the Peacemaker as well.

I'm really liking this series, I hope things don't keep having me comparing similarities to Peacemaker.

Edit: ok just rewatched it and she did heal so now we have mystical stuff to look forward to, I hope it isn't too off beat and out of place like that Peacemaker arc. (sigh) I really need to try to keep Peacemaker out of my head but there really seem to be similarities to me and Peacemaker was not my favorite Shinsengumi story.
tensainobakaMay 3, 2010 8:19 PM
May 4, 2010 4:13 AM

Dec 2007
SapphireStar26 said:
DarcyD said:

this.

And Toshi is getting awesomer too c:

Toshi is always awesome.
May 4, 2010 11:46 AM
Mar 2010
MorningGlory said:
snowteddy said:
wooo..chizuru can heal herself?
Thats a very big surprise.She has the blood like the rampage demon in the episode 1.I wonder what happen if her boyfriend found out about it.This is getting interesting.

Boyfriend? what boyfriend? did i miss something maybe i need to watch it over.

May 4, 2010 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
Fahlaine said:
4/5

Wow.. Chizuru healed herself! Now the story is getting more intersting.

+1 ^_^
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
May 5, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
...booooring...

Oosran said:
Waffocopter said:
Probably something along the lines of "Awesome, now we've got an unlimited supply of cannon fodder! : D" or something, what'cha think? xD

Lol, I was wondering why they bring her along - it's either for that^ or a lap warmer
....so this is why she's no longer useless?
May 6, 2010 1:33 PM
Jul 2008
This show is so boring. In 4 episodes by 23 minutes, which is around hour and a half, I enjoyed maybe 5 minutes -_-
May 6, 2010 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
Huh, she can heal herself. That was unexpected.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 8, 2010 8:08 PM

Sep 2009
WOW !!!! chizuru can heal herself
put to tell the truth i imagen that would happen because her father did make a dangerous experiment ,a dangerous madicine , it makes you think that who was his first subject, the first person he used it on, or even better why not think that the father wanted to invent a medicine because she was born like and thougt maibe he could use it on someone else who knows it's just my imagination
but hey everyone has it's own free will to imagen huuu

hope for the next episode to come i cant wait
CUBAN CHICK#1

May 17, 2010 9:36 AM

Jun 2008
Better than other episodes but still not very great.
The self healing was a big surprise for me. I never expected superpowers in this show. Or was the skin just returning a little after a sudden cut? That blond guy seems to know something about her.
Jun 3, 2010 5:15 AM

Dec 2009
DarcyD said:

This anime turned out far greater than i expected it to be.
Jun 12, 2010 5:14 AM

Mar 2009
Boring. Way too much dialogue when they should just be slicing each other.
Jun 13, 2010 12:21 AM

Jan 2010
Chizuru got awesome :D
Aug 6, 2010 2:32 AM
Jan 2008
Wow this was kicking episode. Kyou and Harada's fight was beyond great and exciting even though it was cut short. Another awesome spot was the blood splatter in the scene with Chikage. He is a handsome devil for being a bad guy! Hm Chikage seems to interested in Chizuru. Also wow why did she heal like that?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.