Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2011 7:00 AM
May 2010
adamantine said:
I love the atmosphere of this anime. The somewhat faded colours, the slow pacing, the music, everything.

QFT
Mar 14, 2011 5:51 AM

Oct 2008
Love it, it's so relaxing, yet you think something might happen any second. =O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 12, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
Anitnelav said:
Love it, it's so relaxing, yet you think something might happen any second. =O

THIS. This is what I needed after the VERY fast-paced Code Geass....lol

Talk about a change of pace.

Enjoyed this episode... and I'm just WAITING for him to join.
Jan 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2008
Wasn't this episode called "Make Love To Me?" Where was the sex?

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 15, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
This show have such a weird art style... I dont really mind though.

Masa is slowly making himself a place in.

Yaichi is so intruiguing... He look like a pimp xD

I wonder if the House of the Five Leafs only do kidnapping. Or maybe they'll get involved in something more dangerous.

Hannah_Ana said:
Wasn't this episode called "Make Love To Me?" Where was the sex?

Sent with Mal Updater

I think it was more a reference to Yaichi being really popular among the prostitute.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2014 5:27 PM

Apr 2014
This show reminds me a lot of Ristorante Paradiso. Not so much the substance -- oyaji romance josei + food in Italy vs. samurai + yakuza in historical Japan -- but the presentation. Similar art style, similar pace.

Me gusta.
Jun 22, 2014 7:10 AM

May 2012
Another pretty interesting episode, quite liking the development so let's see what's next!
Jan 31, 2015 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
Love the imagery with Masa & the guy from Yaichi's past. Those maple trees in the background make for a nice reference to their history.
Feb 22, 2015 8:24 PM

Jul 2014
Man, this show has such an air of sophistication in the way it operates. I just love this tranquil atmosphere.
ZephSilverFeb 9, 2018 12:17 AM
Jul 8, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
Entertaining episode. It went by pretty fast
I'm really starting to like the character of the leading guy in the House of Five Leaves. I think he's cool, he also has his priorities straight in their world.
Nov 27, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
Nothing eventful happened but the character's interaction and development was nice. I still want to wrap my arms around matsu and protect him haha

the op makes me v happy
Jan 7, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2013
Just seen the first two episodes and I think I'm going to like this. Masa has been saying he doesn't like to join the Five Leaves but he still goes to Ume's place. Can't wait to see more of this

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 29, 2016 2:41 AM
Jul 2014
I like this show, even if this episode was without action, its interesting to watch the interactions between them and how it's changing the group dynamics! And the art style is so unique I can't get enough watching it - as Yaichi Akitsu! :)

Oh yeah - and it seems that Yaichi is giving part of earned money to local medicine man for drugs to cure poor people as we've seen at the beginning...
jakovFeb 29, 2016 2:51 AM
Oct 15, 2016 12:33 AM

Mar 2012
Bit of a sketchy ending there. I wonder if the group is really as harmless as Yaichi made it seem to Masa.
May 15, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
lol still doesn't looks like a skilled swordsman

Apr 23, 2018 2:57 AM

Feb 2017
This guy is so damn hapless and pathetic.
Sep 12, 2021 5:40 PM

Sep 2021
zenoslime said:
I only have one complaint about this show so far. I know it's Manglobe, and Samurai Champloo set the precedent for contemporary music in samurai anime, but this show really doesn't need to have some generic j-pop as its OP. Not a big deal, I guess, but there's no need for it. I don't think the ED fits with the show's mood/atmosphere either, for that matter. Most of the BGM, aside from the odd piece, is thankfully much better for the subdued tone and setting.

Beyond that, thoroughly enjoying this so far.

Also, upon giving it some thought... The dynamic between Masa and Ichi is reminding me vaguely of Guts and Griffith — with the Five Leaves being the equivalent of the Band of the Hawk. Obviously, Masa is quite a different character from Guts, but his loneliness strikes me as something they have in common, and Ichi could easily remind one of Griffith in a number of ways. I don't know if it's too soon to say anything concrete, but if there is any similarity it's subtle. Still, the way things are playing out is interesting...

TOTALLY AGREE, couldnt say it better myself. wont dock the show for having an op/ed that doesnt fit cus that seems to be the case with most hystorical anime and anime in general, lots of j-pop and pop punk. only a few of my fav animes actually have OP that fits and yea shamploon is a good example of how to get contemorary mixed in, otherwise id rather the OP be some shakuhachi or shamisen music

all that aside digging the show so far a lot and you are spot on about that guts griffith thing.
Sep 19, 2021 6:40 AM

Aug 2017
Yaichi thinks Masa is interesting, im pretty sure he knows something about him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 16, 2023 2:01 PM
Aug 2022
I hope this won't turn into some gay story. I don't want to watch gay love. Go be gay somewhere else.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 5 Discussion

Dunky - May 13, 2010

38 by Dywei »»
Jan 28, 4:49 AM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 7 Discussion

plagalcadence - May 27, 2010

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 20, 2023 1:18 PM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bbobjs - Apr 15, 2010

129 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
May 16, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - Jul 1, 2010

136 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Dec 15, 2022 1:00 PM

Poll: » Saraiya Goyou Episode 8 Discussion

Dunky - Jun 3, 2010

36 by Flonex »»
Sep 17, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.