Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2022 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
It all comes down to the pivotal rein of Momo and Fine vs. their own brethren, and is a fight to the death for all involved.

This paradise freedom isn't anywhere to be found, and neither will the war be, and the only way out is for them to seclude themselves in a place where they can be themselves. The symbolism of the white flowers resembling a garden as Fine's deathbed, cementing her plan of a freedom of a world where both vampires and humans can coexist, put to rest.

As for Momo, she'll live her own life away from the world, carrying Fine's burden onto their own paradise.

This 5-episode series is definitely better after watching the "mid" movie that is Bubble, I'm genuinely surprised (and not) that this 2-hour-long-plus show truly delivered.
May 16, 2022 3:47 AM
Oct 2020
How the hell did a 5 episode miniseries deliver that much? I would've loved two more episodes to help boost other characters and pacing but I thought this was an 8/10 miniseries. So much better than Bubble. Good job WIT Studio. Love, Death + Robots Vol. 3 this Friday and it looks like a significant improvement from the mediocre Vol. 2. Jibaro here we come!
MfundroidMay 16, 2022 4:38 AM
May 16, 2022 4:24 AM

Oct 2013
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
May 16, 2022 4:31 AM

Sep 2020
Mfundroid said:
How the hell did a 5 episode miniseries deliver that much? I would've loved two more episodes to help boost other characters and pacing but I thought this was an 8/10 miniseries. So much better than Bubble. Good job WIT Studio.
I agree with that, glad WIT Studio didn't make the mistake like they doin BUBBLE last month.
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
May 16, 2022 4:49 AM
Aug 2017
Mfundroid said:
How the hell did a 5 episode miniseries deliver that much? I would've loved two more episodes to help boost other characters and pacing but I thought this was an 8/10 miniseries. So much better than Bubble. Good job WIT Studio. Love, Death + Robots Vol. 3 this Friday and it looks like a significant improvement from the mediocre Vol. 2. Jibaro here we come!
come on this was a rushed, a badly written story of unlikable and frustrating characters. The world building was absolutely sh*t. The back story was so badly told and do we even have an ounce of idea how the vampires suddenly came to existence? They just thrown everything in the 5 episodes.
May 16, 2022 6:17 AM

Jan 2018
It was such a boring 5 episode series, with bad-written characters.
I think, tihs was the 1st time when i was bored while i was watching a WIT anime.
Animation and Music was top tier, as always.

6/10.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2022 6:36 AM

Feb 2017
I am not exactly sure how to feel about this anime.

In my opinion it's one of the best things Wit has put together aesthetically. Nishio's awesome designs, great setting and background design, good photography work, great animation and music. Overall well directed miniseries when it comes to those aspects. Beautifully crafted.

On other hand the story was underdeveloped and it didn't manage to make me feel attached to characters, nor did I find them likeable all that much. Especially Momo, whom I often found quite annoying. The relationship between Momo and Fine felt half-baked as well.

That said, I still found the anime interesting and engaging and I think it was a good effort but I feel it would've benefited tremendously from longer run-time that would allow more space for fleshing out the beautiful world and locations, characters, their relationships and motivations.
May 16, 2022 8:01 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
silmaril said:
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Lmao, my thoughts exactly.

Why did they do this?
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

May 16, 2022 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this short series but I wish the girls would have ended together as a couple and get the happy end they deserved. ):
May 16, 2022 8:16 AM

Jun 2019
I think this story could've been better if done as a full adaptation of 12 or something episodes, 5 episodes weren't enough for me to be attached to any of the characters. I get what every character was looking for or going through. Fine and Momo were both looking for a place they can live together but there was none.

RIP Fine. Overall, I don't know what to feel about this show. The premise was alright but again not much different from any of the vampire shows I've seen before. There was nothing in the story aside from them running away and looking for a place to stay all the time which they couldn't find. Eh... The only thing I'll remember about this show is its soundtrack. Really amazing job by Yoshihiro Ike. In short, it lacked substance.
May 16, 2022 8:37 AM
Nov 2021
So I understand that this show is an anime original, so there is no extra information other than what is shown in the 5 episodes right? I was a little confused in the end, the vampire child that Momo is holding is that her own child she got with a vampire man or is it just some random vampire baby?
May 16, 2022 9:08 AM

Sep 2020
Although this anime was goury asf but this felt like one of those classic fairy tales plus at the end this gave me some Romeo and Juliet vibe. Forbidden love story with tragic ending. This was a tragedy from start to finish.

If you guys enjoyed this anime I highly recommend everyone to check out Wolf's Rain. It's very similar to this one.

( 9/10 )
ZXEANMay 16, 2022 9:12 AM
May 16, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2011
With that scene at the end and everything, what I get is, everyone should go to a warmer place. Momo is happy because she gone to somewhere warmer.

Seeing that is WIT, I wonder if there is a world out there, with successful strongholds but no one talk about it, because they made people think cold and less daylight hours are good.
May 16, 2022 10:05 AM

Jan 2021
I got to say that my prediction of them ending up together was wrong but I quite rather

enjoyed this mini series for what it was and in some way, Fine and Momo found their

'Paradise' just not with each other.

8/10 for me.

LoreMasterDanMay 16, 2022 10:32 AM
May 16, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2021
welp I'm sad now ...
May 16, 2022 4:06 PM
Mar 2022
Vampire in the Garden

Overall as a series

The obvious problem was it was too short. And with a short series comes a whole slew of problems. The whole war itself was a major one. How did the war start? I may have glossed over the time but they gave us a rough estimate of the era. The whole vampires appearing out of nowhere was a bit meh. A race just doesn't appear without reason. That little tidbit alone could've been an interesting couple of episodes origin story. I as a viewer had to fill in my own possible theories.( For those that cared) The creation of the booster for the vampires wasn't really explained same as those adorable munchkins the humans created. I swear all you needed to kill them was a spear or an arrow aimed at the center.

Onto the characters

Momo was the Damsel, wasn't going to get much character development until her rescuer dies. That end carrying Fine, those were some good eyes she showed her mom.

Fiine was the prince or princess to rescue Momo. She could literally wear anything and look great in it loved how she had a different hairstyle almost every episode. We atleast got a backstory on why she didn't want to kill and chose to be passive.

Allegro drew the crap card having to follow orders and die because of it.

Momo's mother due to her position she couldn't learn how to be a parent. So when she decided to it was already too late.

Uncle, second most character backstory.

Pug, how are you not dead from exposure?

Vampire mob characters, mostly acted on desire lacked any real form of combat experience. They just acted like birds on a hunt. That last episode chasing Fiine...yeah...
Human mob characters, just acted like...? Mob characters?

The foreshadowing of Fines' Death was obvious almost half way into episode one. I was just waiting on the where she would die at that point.

As a movie that was 2 1/2 hours ish it wasn't bad.
May 16, 2022 5:13 PM

Feb 2019
Really annoyed because Fine and Momo deserved to be happy together and the entire world just refused to allow it. I would have been 100 percent ok with some type of asspull that would have kept Fine alive.

Like I thought, the uncle didn’t like killing vampires because he was in love with one in the past, another tragic love story. He was also really adamant about vampires being violent because of his experience. He needed Fine to fail to make him feel better about his fiancé succumbing to bloodlust.

Overall definitely a big improvement over Bubble(story wise) to me. I became very emotionally invested in Fine and Momo’s journey and feel real life sadness about how it ended. Good job WIT.
May 16, 2022 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know if anyone will see this message, but I want to get it off my chest because I didn't think it was appropriate to stick into my review:

Why the hell was this released in May and why the hell is it a mini-series? This smells like a production that wasn't just mismanaged but absolutely miscarried. The end result is still beautiful and borderline revolutionary in what it does manage to achieve within what clearly must be considerable constraints, but my gut is telling me that this is akin to Disney's Treasure Planet debacle, at least in how the marketing and release have been handled.

The structure of the story clearly looks like what should've been a slightly shorter movie with some painfully obvious still-frame or recycled scenes spliced in for either budgetary or time-stretching reasons, and the overall atmosphere, although with its "spring-like" happy ending, does not make sense for a spring/borderline summer release, so I can't imagine that even half of the people that would've given this the time of day in, say, November, will even look its way in May.

Maybe I'm paranoid and obsessed with managerial conspiracies, but I feel like I've witnessed enough media train-wrecks to say that this, although left with what seem to be minimal casualties, has certainly not been the smoothest road.

Anybody aware of any behind-the-scenes details on this thing to confirm or deny?
May 16, 2022 10:52 PM
Feb 2021
all_marbles_lost said:
I don't know if anyone will see this message, but I want to get it off my chest because I didn't think it was appropriate to stick into my review:

Why the hell was this released in May and why the hell is it a mini-series? This smells like a production that wasn't just mismanaged but absolutely miscarried. The end result is still beautiful and borderline revolutionary in what it does manage to achieve within what clearly must be considerable constraints, but my gut is telling me that this is akin to Disney's Treasure Planet debacle, at least in how the marketing and release have been handled.

The structure of the story clearly looks like what should've been a slightly shorter movie with some painfully obvious still-frame or recycled scenes spliced in for either budgetary or time-stretching reasons, and the overall atmosphere, although with its "spring-like" happy ending, does not make sense for a spring/borderline summer release, so I can't imagine that even half of the people that would've given this the time of day in, say, November, will even look its way in May.

Maybe I'm paranoid and obsessed with managerial conspiracies, but I feel like I've witnessed enough media train-wrecks to say that this, although left with what seem to be minimal casualties, has certainly not been the smoothest road.

Anybody aware of any behind-the-scenes details on this thing to confirm or deny?

Anime doesn't have to conform to irl season's my guy. For example, dress up darling clearly takes place in summer with its summer festival but was aired in winter.
May 17, 2022 4:13 AM
Jan 2020
Another yet a good looking "Movie" with mediocre kind of writing.
May 17, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
royalnobody said:
all_marbles_lost said:

Anime doesn't have to conform to irl season's my guy. For example, dress up darling clearly takes place in summer with its summer festival but was aired in winter.

I get that, but there are certainly vibes that these show adhere to according to the seasons, as far as I can tell.
May 17, 2022 7:50 AM

Dec 2008
I loved it. Visually beautiful, although there were parts that I felt needed expansion, and the ending was semi predictable. This really needed my episodes though, there was so much that was missing. Momo and Fine were fascinating to watch, there was a chemistry that left me rooting for them, and hoping against hope that they would find happiness. It was really worth the time I spent watching it.
May the Uguu be with you.

May 17, 2022 10:09 AM

Nov 2017
It was amazing, wish it had a happy ending
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
May 17, 2022 12:28 PM

Dec 2010
These lead characters were so damn infuriating. Story was full of holes and I'm wondering what even the point of it all was. If this was a normal 12 episode series, I surely would've dropped it 2 episodes in.
May 17, 2022 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
DarkDooM2 said:
These lead characters were so damn infuriating. Story was full of holes and I'm wondering what even the point of it all was. If this was a normal 12 episode series, I surely would've dropped it 2 episodes in.

honestly, momo was an annoying bitch to deal with and Finna was just kinda boring, the drama was also extremely cringe especially in the last 2 eps
May 17, 2022 12:47 PM

Sep 2020
DarkDooM2 said:
Story was very straight forward bro where did you find holes.
May 17, 2022 12:52 PM

Sep 2020
Zerity said:
DarkDooM2 said:

honestly, momo was an annoying bitch to deal with and Finna was just kinda boring, the drama was also extremely cringe especially in the last 2 eps
Last 2 episode was the best part of the story imo.
May 17, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
very sad anime but bittersweet too

so the old lover of Fine named Arya looks like Momo eh and she died and after that Fine is living like a dead person already until she met Momo

rest in peace Fine you fail to create the paradise you and Momo wanted but Momo in the end made that paradise happen like being a Mother of a Mixed Race vampire-human baby

its funny that i see this kind of solution in anime stories about coexistence of different fighting races and that is mixed race babies or next generation of woke kids will be the hope for coexistence in the future

will the mixed race of human and vampire become DayWalker like Blade i wonder

May 17, 2022 1:24 PM

Jul 2017
@ZXEAN i get that, for me the more i watched the worst it got, couldnt get behind the cringe story and drama with such bland and annoying characters also with the ending trying to figure out wtf was the point of all of this.
May 17, 2022 1:35 PM

Sep 2020
Zerity said:
@ZXEAN i get that, for me the more i watched the worst it got, couldnt get behind the cringe story and drama with such bland and annoying characters also with the ending trying to figure out wtf was the point of all of this.
I will never understand which part of this story made you feel cringe lol. Btw after watching whole series you still couldn't figure out why Finna and Momo desided to find a place where Human and Vampire can co-exist ? or something else ? Momo does find a Eden of her own though you should check out the end cridit.
May 17, 2022 1:44 PM

Jul 2017
@ZXEAN nah i get they were looking for a place to be together but couldnt find it which is okay and momo finds a place to live at the end with a baby vampire but like where is it and why feels like the whole story was for nothing. The drama I found cringe was with the paradise and the vampire girl was trying to kill her but her friend and that whole episode the last ep as well with just everything that happened, another issue for me was everything was rushed af
May 17, 2022 1:48 PM
Jun 2010
production was top tier which was to be expected, shocked to see public opinion be against momo. I thought she developed well throughout the show and was far from being unbearable. literally just a kid from a war-time era where its almost unlivable and finally found a friend who was understanding of her. I was entertained, 7/10.
May 17, 2022 1:54 PM

Sep 2020
Zerity said:
@ZXEAN nah i get they were looking for a place to be together but couldnt find it which is okay and momo finds a place to live at the end with a baby vampire but like where is it and why feels like the whole story was for nothing. The drama I found cringe was with the paradise and the vampire girl was trying to kill her but her friend and that whole episode the last ep as well with just everything that happened, another issue for me was everything was rushed af
Forbidden love story with tragic ending is a very popular concept I have seen countless movies centred around this topic and this was one of them. This anime took heavy inspection from Romeo and Juliet which starts and ends in similar manner.
May 17, 2022 2:28 PM

Jul 2017
@ZXEAN it is a popular concept but its not done well in this series, was to short to make me feel connected or care for their relationship together, especially since i dont already like them. the whole series is similar to romeo and juilet i even made a comment abt that (not on this forum tho) but it was not done well at all.
May 17, 2022 6:55 PM

Sep 2020
Zerity said:
@ZXEAN it is a popular concept but its not done well in this series, was to short to make me feel connected or care for their relationship together, especially since i dont already like them. the whole series is similar to romeo and juilet i even made a comment abt that (not on this forum tho) but it was not done well at all.
I just made this point to make you realise that the story does make scence wheather it's execution is bad or not it up to you to desided. Anyway look like we are going nowhere with this it's better to end this conversation here. Take care!!!
May 17, 2022 7:09 PM

Jul 2017
ZXEAN said:
Zerity said:
I just made this point to make you realise that the story does make scence wheather it's execution is bad or not it up to you to desided. Anyway look like we are going nowhere with this it's better to end this conversation here. Take care!!!

damn sadge wanted to hear more abt ur side, but ik the story makes sense thats not what i was saying, i was saying it feels pointless.
May 17, 2022 7:33 PM

Feb 2020
of course the lesbian vampire died what do I even expect

just echoing what others have said...should have been longer. the conflict, worldbuilding, characters & relationships were underdeveloped. Didn't hate it but it could've been a lot better

Moral of the story don't take your pug with you to a war zone
May 17, 2022 9:29 PM
Sep 2018
honestly I really enjoyed this series. Super queer and I'm here for it.

hate that Fine died, typical bury your queers trope. Why couldn't they have had a happy ending!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Momo really grew as a character as did Fine. We have to admit, they both are such strong characters for being on the run and going against both of their society's conventions to hate one another.

8/10 because Fine died.
May 17, 2022 11:27 PM
Feb 2022
For those who don't know, I'll inform you that this is a lesbian anime, aka lgbt, so I highly recommend not watching it, apart from its naive and lesbian nature. The MC named Momo here really doesn't appreciate his adoptive parents who raised him from a young age and because they are also the MC named Momo, they are still life is undeniable, the plot of armor for this lesbian character exceeds Reiner from attack on Titan, which should have died in 5 episodes in several episodes but he is still alive, it's really a bad anime because the lgbt themed side character story is more interesting, but in the end we are a little relieved because the partner the lesbian aka the dead female vampire
May 18, 2022 12:05 AM

Apr 2016
ZXEAN said:

Can also you made your english be not horrible ?
May 18, 2022 12:39 AM

Sep 2018
Great first episode, everything else either happened or developed too quickly for me to care all too much about events that took place. Production wise, it was very aesthetic.

About the supposed yuri, I mean, if halfhearted (it would be a stretch to even call it that) affection (almost feels like Stockholm syndrome, even if Momo wasn't taken against her will) between a woman and a slightly effeminate man, that resulted in no romantic development is your idea of a lesbian relationship, then I suppose it was lol...

No. Even most CGDCT have better yuri undertones lmao...

5/10 all up. I don't think I liked any character in this series, which is pretty rare.

May 18, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Great first episode, everything else either happened or developed too quickly for me to care all too much about events that took place. Production wise, it was very aesthetic.

About the supposed yuri, I mean, if halfhearted (it would be a stretch to even call it that) affection (almost feels like Stockholm syndrome, even if Momo wasn't taken against her will) between a woman and a slightly effeminate man, that resulted in no romantic development is your idea of a lesbian relationship, then I suppose it was lol...

5/10 all up. I don't think I liked any character in this series, which is pretty rare.

Momo is a young woman...not a dude. lol It is definitely YURI
May 18, 2022 8:13 AM

Sep 2018
setsuna777 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Well, it's the worst yuri I've ever seen then lol
May 18, 2022 8:17 AM
Sep 2018
GakutoDeathGlare said:
setsuna777 said:

Well, it's the worst yuri I've ever seen then lol

The stuff that they say to eachother and how they relate to each other, its obvious they are in love. It sucked that there was no kiss and that Fine died but that makes alot of sense because they always kill of queer characters.
May 18, 2022 1:19 PM
Dec 2018
I wish we had more time with these characters I liked their dynamic. I feel like I can’t enjoy anything that comes after this because it won’t have what made me like the series in the first place Fine and Momo’s relationship.
May 18, 2022 2:55 PM

Sep 2019
I quite liked this mini series, the art style was really good, reminds me of Naruto Shippuden so i guess the person making the character designs is the same lol.

In 5 episodes it managed to do a lot but yet still felt like it lacked quite a lot of character development (not on Momo's or Fine's side) and also plot development, it felt weird that Momo struggled so much in 5 episodes to get to a fake Eden but then at the end they show her living in what she envisioned with Fine which is nice to see but its like showing me the begining and then the end of the story. I do get that it could have flopped in terms of how engaging it is without the relationship between Fine and Momo, but it kinda feels a little too much like a "feel good" ending. Momo left by herself, if they had a lilttle powerpoint presenation of her finding people while the credits play it would have been a more deserved ending.

Also the uncle character was vastly underdeveloped holy shit, i know i mentioned that the characters where not developed but that one has to be the one who got the most fucked over, he got a couple of flashbacks but only of the same thing over and over again, unlike Fine who you got to see how her previous relationship started, the middle and how it ended.

Still it was a breath of fresh air. 7/10
May 19, 2022 11:37 AM

Oct 2015
5 episodes? Is that It? Kinda disappointed, but anyways it's Netflix what did i expect.

Another thing, this story trope has been played down a lot. Please it's time to stop it a bit. Honestly one thing I loved about it was the animation, other than that nothing stood out. Next time, let's tell that samuarai's story, it looks more interesting than this one.

5/10
lihle808May 19, 2022 11:43 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 20, 2022 6:40 AM
Jun 2021
This episode was a perfect 10/10.
May 20, 2022 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
The plot was so much worse than I expected, but it did have a B movie sort of charm to it. What was that setting? Humanity has been pushed back to a cultureless dystopia guarded by a wall of light. Except for all the humanity that hasn't. And also the vampires don't seem to be hunting humanity at all. In fact, they come across as hunted and oppressed somehow? By the walled city's military I guess? But that's okay, instantly leave your trauma and child murder and sheltered upbringing behind for a fun girls road trip down the block from barely explained vampire monarchy to evils of commerce town where the vampires are also mad pyros for some reason. Or keep going to your standard fake paradise. Here they've solved the problem by sacrificing a few vampires for electricity! What, electricity wasn't even the problem? The human city had tons and the problem was the whole bloodlust thing? You didn't address blood supply at all even though its scarcity was the entire last plot? Cool. Very cool.
May 22, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2020
at the end, where she walked into the snow at subarctic temperatures barely dressed she should have frozen to death with her waifu

That would be a perfect ending
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Did it live up to our expectations?

SofiaBulga - Jul 7, 2022

18 by bubba460z »»
Mar 2, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 1 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

37 by TristanPDX »»
Jan 28, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

24 by Pitchagon »»
May 2, 2023 5:49 AM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

18 by Ker0w0 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire in the Garden Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 16, 2022

23 by JVskunkape »»
Dec 27, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.