Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2022 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
I wasn't expecting much but on the animation quality side, it's actually decent in terms of technical quality.

First episode went into details about main protagonist Ard's life, although it's more of his childhood. Oh and can't forget about Ireena. Their relationship is actually kinda cute if you ask me. Of course a fantasy anime like this would have goblins ...lol.
Apr 6, 2022 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Remember Maou Gakuin a.k.a Misfit of the Demon King Academy and last season's Shikkakumon? This show is exactly like both of them, but combined to double up on the typical reincarnation mediocrity of a trope.

The Demon Lord Varvatos reincarnated as a typical nobody by the name of Ard Meteor, he's just like Matthias to want people to impress him...which he quickly turned on that and went for the girls instead and earn himself a harem friend, which at this point, is really tiring to watch the same overused tropes. I'm willing to bet that whoever is voicing kid Ard also voiced Matthias in Shikkakumon.

Typical children, NOPE. But this Ireena Litz de Olhyde girl whom is very closed off, got scared of Ard too much that he literally stalks her from day and night, wanting her to be his friend.

And of all things, you have to start with the infamous Goblin Slayer sequence, just to showcase Ard's OP-ness and childhood simping for friendship.

Yelp, I cry for help for anyone watching this cringe travesty, and this work is first conceived in Syosetu in 2017...what the hell are these newbie novelists thinking of copy-pasting overused tropes???
KANLen09Apr 6, 2022 7:27 AM
Apr 6, 2022 5:36 AM

Nov 2021
Didn't expect that much and this episode is fine... plus dude finally got a friend after that many efforts that's a development lol.
they're going to the academy lets see what'll happen...
neeJayApr 6, 2022 5:42 AM

Apr 6, 2022 5:57 AM

May 2020
I thought it’d be something similar to Misfit of demon king academy, but I guess judging something from the title itself is too big of a scam. For a moment someone can ignore the obvious blandness of the plot, but it’s too tall of a task when it comes to dealing with this main dude, like who’s even voicing him for god sake. Well just leave it be, going any further will just pile up the wastage of time anyone would get from watching this episode.
Softhenic03Apr 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM

May 2020
That was such a terrible start. Well, the good thing is we got through all the boring past and now we could probably get to the good stuff. Hopefully...

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 6, 2022 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
The Misfit of Demon King Academy is a lot better than it.
Apr 6, 2022 6:46 AM
Sep 2020
I start reading the manga and i really liked, when i knew that it would have an adaptation i was very hyped. It was a really good first episode.
Apr 6, 2022 7:03 AM

Oct 2017
That was some new level of desperation but atleast his stubornness paid off. Fmc is cute but the fmc from his past life is cuter.
Apr 6, 2022 7:04 AM

Feb 2019
So maou Gakuin s2 eh? Sign me up. Solid first episode, won’t make you love isekai if you don’t already, and if you do, well you’ll enjoy it like me.
Apr 6, 2022 7:14 AM
Dec 2021
Yes!! Another "Reincarnation" Anime, I like the story and it's really enjoyable, I give it 10/10...

Let's straight to the point, I like how Ard(MC) ask Irenaa(that elf girl) to be his friend, it's look like a guy when confess princess on classic fairytail...

The character, it's beautiful!, look at the MC, remind me of Sword Art Online lol, and Irenaa, she's look kawaii even elf is not my type, maybe she can be the best elf girl on 2022 Spring...

Excited to see their(Ard&Ireena) relationship on next Ep, I hope this has romance lol, only Fantasy is a bit mediocore, because almost all new Anime I watched 2022 has like same concepts, (I don't read manga so idk if my hope is possible or not lol)

Thanks
Apr 6, 2022 7:21 AM
Jan 2022
meh ist Thies 5/10 where is the OP at the beginning
Apr 6, 2022 7:33 AM
Nov 2021
Marinate1016 said:
So maou Gakuin s2 eh? Sign me up. Solid first episode, won’t make you love isekai if you don’t already, and if you do, well you’ll enjoy it like me.

That's actually being made.
Apr 6, 2022 7:34 AM

May 2021
Hey a fellow most powerful person in the world quitting being a Demon Lord like the other guy who quit being a Hero. He is reborn as a Typical Nobody except he isn't. He can fly, and casually defeat monsters and goblins with his eyes. What's even the point? Also, animal abuse

Still, him being unable to make friends due to not knowing proper communication was at least a nice detail.

Well, let's see if Typical Nobody is able to make 100 friends.

Apr 6, 2022 7:37 AM
Jan 2021
basically Misfit at Demon Academy but with different characters. this just seems like another average isekai with an OP MC.
Apr 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2021
Decent one. It was pretty hilarious how MC tried different strategies how to make friends lmao. Child Ireena is activating my lolicon side LOL.

Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Feb 2020
Ehh.. Thanks, but no thanks.
Apr 6, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2019
Man episode 1 is too cringey
Apr 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
Those two's relationship is really quite cute and adorable. This will be my cup of tea.

I gotta say, this background story was rather good and enjoyable but skipping a damn 7 years doesn't sit well with me. It will be great watching them in a season while they're still kids but we didn't get that kind of thing, sadly.

Reincarnation and not an isekai is welcome for me.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 6, 2022 8:23 AM
Sep 2021
I can say, the first episode is great. The main character as a "Typical Nobody" but a OP Character makes it more exciting.

As for the heroine who just appeared as the main character appeared, I would say she is also a great one and also I have a feeling that this girl might be the best friend of Ard in the past life. I also think that the life of Ard is sad. He just wants to befriend others but instead they scared of Ard as the same of his past life, so I could say it can and it will be a really great story.

I also liked the action scenes at this episode, however I also think that the way they fight is kind of a little way too easy, well that's okay.
Apr 6, 2022 8:39 AM
Sep 2015
I don't understand why they use two different voice actors for grown-up Ard and Varvatos. Will there be a situation where Ard interect with Varvatos in the same scene as a different entity?
Apr 6, 2022 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
Yesterday Yuusha Yamemasu had the opposite values of this one, lesser animation but way better comedy. The comedic bits in here feel way too forced and almost like a highschool chuuni story.

The most important bit of why the demonlord choose to reincarnate is completely missing in this episode, and thus there's less interest on my behalf on taking him seriously.

I'll watch one more ep and decide to drop it or endure some more mediocrisy.
Apr 6, 2022 9:00 AM
May 2021
I didn't expected so much comedy moments in this anime lol. Enjoyed the episode 1 , looking forward to next episodes !
Apr 6, 2022 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
HiddenByDesign said:
Yo dawg, I heard you like demon lords, so we put an isekai in your isekai, so you can reincarnate while you reincarnate.

KANLen09 said:
Remember Maou Gakuin a.k.a Misfit of the Demon King Academy and last season's Shikkakumon? This show is exactly like both of them, but combined to double up on the typical reincarnation mediocrity of a trope.

The Demon Lord Varvatos reincarnated as a typical nobody by the name of Ard Meteor, he's just like Matthias to want people to impress him...which he quickly turned on that and went for the girls instead and earn himself a harem friend, which at this point, is really tiring to watch the same overused tropes. I'm willing to bet that whoever is voicing kid Ard also voiced Matthias in Shikkakumon.

Typical children, NOPE. But this Ireena Litz de Olhyde girl whom is very closed off, got scared of Ard too much that he literally stalks her from day and night, wanting her to be his friend.

And of all things, you have to start with the infamous Goblin Slayer sequence, just to showcase Ard's OP-ness and childhood simping for friendship.

Yelp, I cry for help for anyone watching this cringe travesty, and this work is first conceived in Syosetu in 2017...what the hell are these newbie novelists thinking of copy-pasting overused tropes???

Yet you gave misfit a 9/10. One day you will eventually learn almost all isekai is generic trash.
I'm sorry, Misfit of Demon King Academy is easily one of the best fantasy reincarnation stories, even if you hate it by a long mile.

Too bad, I've already learnt what is good and what is bad, and you're not a Chad to say this.
Apr 6, 2022 9:07 AM

May 2013
Really didn't like this. The premise is incredibly bland and done better elsewhere. It's hard not to draw negative comparisons to Misfit of Demon King Academy. The MC in this doesn't seem to compare to the Voldigoat. The power system also just seems less interesting compared to the over the top summoning entire castles and flexing on people with your heartbeat. MC's mannerisms were straight cringe to read too; actual eye pain from it. I'm just glad he somehow managed to get a friend, but I dunno... probably going to drop this soon. Maybe give an ep to see how it is in the academy.
Apr 6, 2022 9:15 AM
Aug 2015
Pretty similar to Misfit of Demon King Academy.

Will probably be mediocre like that was.

I will probably watch this regardless.
Apr 6, 2022 9:16 AM
Dec 2017
Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to this thread that hasn't already been said.
Apr 6, 2022 10:03 AM
Feb 2018
There was some fun bits but it was mostly boring. 3 ep test.
Apr 6, 2022 10:20 AM

Aug 2020
eh that was actually pretty fun, a lot better than I expected
Call me Ren
Apr 6, 2022 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Idk about anyone else but I personally enjoyed this episode. There is no plot but a dude monologues about him trying to get a friend and that gets me..

The animation is endurable.. strangely it had better 3d goblins than aot s4 p1 3d titans and lmao

I personally am looking forward to the next episodes.. The MC is OP but not dense in dense sense..
Apr 6, 2022 10:24 AM
Jan 2021
KANLen09 said:

Kid Ard voiced by Rie takahashi
Apr 6, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ard finally makes a friend-Ireena after saving her and now we have a timeskip of several years in which she proposes they both enroll in the magic academy!
Their relationship is pretty kawaii nano desu xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 6, 2022 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
This show basically asks you if you have quality standards for media.

Do you?
Apr 6, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2021
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha reboot, except the MC is dumb and annoying. Got it
Apr 6, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
If we're just going to get no plot and dumb shit I am in. This was actually pretty funny overall.

What I assume will be the Opening went hard AF as well.

And the potential for an abundance of waifus...yes please

Ard is basically Anos fused with Lloyd Belladonna.
SoraSenpaiApr 6, 2022 12:06 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 6, 2022 12:23 PM
Mar 2021
Tryin to make friends is hard and awkward as a kid, but ard makes it funny and even more awkward.
Apr 6, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2022
In the last part where Ard saved Ireena from goblins and then conversation started between Ard and Ireena about frendship and all it reminds me 2nd last episode of Oregairu season 3(bridge conversation).

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Apr 6, 2022 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Well I didn't come into this show expecting some kind of revolutionary plot or Shakespearean levels of writing lol. It was ok, in the "turn off your brain and enjoy the dumb fun" type of way. Not gonna lie, seeing Ard's social awkwardness when he was trying to befriend people was actually a little funny.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 6, 2022 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
I fell asleep halfway through the episode. It's just so boring.
Apr 6, 2022 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
So we have another being who is too powerful to the point of being feared in this season, but this one decided to be reincarnated.

It was hilarious to see poor Ard trying to make friends, I like how much of a dork he is. Also, I loved Rie Takahashi's male voice, hard to tell it was her.

Ireena is pretty cute, I really like her design... I want to see more of her grown up version.

Pretty fun first episode, looking forward to more (including the other girls haha).
Apr 6, 2022 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
Ocoo0o said:
Marinate1016 said:

That's actually being made.

Yep, can’t wait.
Apr 6, 2022 2:44 PM
Mar 2021
I was expecting it to be kinda boring but its suprisingly good and has a decent plot
Defienitly finishing this series
Apr 6, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
I was expecting it to be kinda boring but its suprisingly good and has a decent plot
Defienitly finishing this series
Apr 6, 2022 2:47 PM
Mar 2021
Suprisingly good, i was expecting a plot that was kinda boring and over used but this anime seems to be.... uniqe- Even though its an isekai i think im going to enjoy this anime

Definetly Finishing this series
Apr 6, 2022 3:01 PM

Dec 2021
tbh i prefer rewatch misfit at this point, this anime start totally like misfit, Anos/Ard start with massive growth, both parents very looks like (they really love them kid), meet 1 girl at very first episode, totally looks like each other, the different is Mc just want friendship

i give 3 episode rule again, tbh rewatch misfit is not bad idea
Apr 6, 2022 3:07 PM
Jan 2017
neeJay05 said:
Didn't expect that much and this episode is fine... plus dude finally got a friend after that many efforts that's a development lol.
they're going to the academy lets see what'll happen...
anime changed everything with filler comedy, manga version is so much better ard saves ireena right away and she as thanks let him be her first friend, also anime version of ard is just like any kirito copy, while novel and manga are stone cold faced taking everything with ease , being defeating dragons or waking up with succubus girl like an alpha chad
Apr 6, 2022 3:59 PM

Aug 2020
What a great start. Kinda interested more in this isekai than any of the other seasonal shows. Even though its your typical op and smart main character, it is still very exciting.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 6, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 2021
nice episode. The MC is soo fucking sexy!!!
Apr 6, 2022 4:38 PM
Sep 2021
recomendo para que gosta de mushoku tensei é, goblis slayens
Apr 6, 2022 5:19 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting start.

Tho still kinda generic, LOL

Then we get the typical "Time Skip" that a lot of Reincarnate series seems to be doing.

___ ___ ___

Also... if Ard did the same "chasing" he did in our modern world (stalking + peeking at other's naked physical bodies without permission), it's technically a criminal offense if the girl pressed charges and Ard could be arrested, fined and jailed for up to 5 years... LOL

Ard's just lucky that Ireena was also alienated by others cause she also had stronger power than others like Ard. And this Fantasy World doesn't have laws against stalking apparently...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 6, 2022 6:11 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Every season, there had to be one slot on my watchlist for the most horrendous isekai/fantasy.

This show is in a huge lead for that slot.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2022

78 by arcensal101 »»
Apr 27, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2022

75 by LunyRem »»
Feb 14, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2022

58 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 15, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

61 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Daimaou, Murabito A ni Tensei suru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

37 by bunny_animelover »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.