Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
Looking at Saki and comparing her to the person she was in the first few episodes..she's much more confident now in the finale.

It seems they went with a safe finale with our main cast, the Angels, etc. It felt more like they wanted to reflect on all the events up to this point with one of the Angels and their narrative. Everything has been set in motion and Mirai also realized it.

Yikes, I can't say this was a solid show overall but I guess it had its moments.
Mar 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
With Shuji Nakaumi's Angel Ogaro becoming God, the whole Angels vs. God debate...goes back to what Professor Yoneda has already surmised: God is just a creature in this equation.

In a surprising twist, Yuri is working with Professor Yoneda to investigate the Red Arrow further, and their relationship is quite the oddity. Yuri will always be the guinea pig to Yoneda's experiments, though her love obsession will always be there. Everyone else are living their own happy lives, but there's others who choose death over life as well.

For Mirai and Saki, it's not all that surprising anymore as their relationship literally progressed from being friends to a couple, then marriage, and at last their long-awaited flower shop business together. This "happiness" thing REALLY doesn't stop its tracks, and the whole post-God candidate debacle still lingers between Ogaro and God the creature, but not until the point of sacrifice.

At least, on the Angels' side, Nasse is the Special-Rank Angel that's still an unknown entity after all this while, but Ogaro committing suicide by the will of God to end humanity shows that Nasse was the one pulling the strings all along, and both Mirai and Saki embraced death willingly without regrets.

This finale episode...makes the entire preceding episodes feel like it's a brain-dead joke.
KANLen09Mar 25, 2022 5:48 AM
Mar 24, 2022 10:00 AM

May 2020
Quite honestly this felt like a joke shoved up on our face or maybe someone can even doubt them playing a prank with us but no, as unfortunate it is, this is the real deal.

In an attempt to give everyone a peaceful closure, that sudden realisation of god out of absolutely nowhere felt like a thing too much for an average human mind to comprehend. But I can assure you there will be some who still can write about the author's real intentions behind this even in the midst of this convoluted mess.
Whatever though, this finale just made me detest this series even more. Definitely won't look back with some good memories.
Mar 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
I absolutely despised the ending for the manga when it released, and I can safely say that I feel the exact same way with this anime ending lol. This was rough to watch, but it was completely expected at least without defying any expectations about it whatsoever barring the disappointing feel that the creators of something as awesome as Bakuman and something that had an elite-level hook as Death Note with a great start at least, turned in this kind of boring mess of a project.
Mar 24, 2022 1:33 PM
Jan 2017
not sure how to feel about this ending tbh, but i can respect it for ending like dis atleast lol
Mar 24, 2022 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Based plot armorless ending hahahaha.

For real, it's memorable and takes balls. Not every mangaka can pull it off 😏, so there's at least that.

Finished the manga too and it reaffirmed how dull of an adaptation this was.
FMmatronMar 24, 2022 3:09 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 24, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2009
I'm kinda just left with a distate in my mouth....like okay...did the author do this for the shock of it? Because I'm missing that feeling that the super loud orchestra score is trying to give me. I mean...I guess. 3/10

Mar 24, 2022 1:59 PM

Jan 2012
0_0
.......what the hell was that?

You know, I was spoiled on this rather bleak, nihilistic, self-important, and absurd ending weeks ago, but seeing it animated was still...goodness. Well uh...I guess it's an ending. That final text about existence only being worth living because of death reminded me of an anime I watched years ago where that one point was the entire premise. What was that called? The mc had red puffy hair and a white suit and there was an evil form of him. It took place in a vast desert. God I can't remember. Doesn't matter.

Anywho uhhh...I guess it's a fitting end to this...whatever this was. It's hard to say much about Platinum End I guess. I never thought it was particularly good, but I didn't hate it the way I saw a lot of people hating on line. I didn't mind the mc's passiveness that seemed to grind alot of gears. I'm not sure which half was better. I'm inclined to say this one, but Mukaido was easily the best character in the series and he was absent from it. Plus that ending! But was Metrololicon as I so often read him called really any better? Eh, I dunno. Mostly I watched this to the end because it takes a lot for me to drop things. I just decided to go along with the goofiness to the end. I guess I'm a generous grader too so...5/10? My biggest takeaway from this if anything is that Death Note must have been a one hit wonder from the authors. For me anyway. I know people love Bakuman, but I couldn't get into it.

Mar 24, 2022 1:59 PM

Feb 2019
Yea that platinum end finale was by far one of the worst episodes I’ve ever seen.

What in the end of Evangelion fuck was that ending, man? Random wedding then God offs himself and kills everyone including the people who don’t want to die?? Like what ?? Death note author should’ve just retired after that ended because he’s washed sadly.
Mar 24, 2022 2:00 PM

Jul 2017
ive never felt so cucked by an ending before, fuck this entire series bro
Mar 24, 2022 2:03 PM
Oct 2016
A very wtf ending. Not exactly what I thought would happen most of the final episode. Things definitely didn't seem like they were heading towards Nakaumi killing himself and thus all of humanity. He even said right before that seeing all those people whom wanted death made him want to save them. So him going all suicidal and overriding the will of god or the creature or whatever is weird. A happy ending for everyone would've been better than this. Kind of fitting that a weird left field ending is where this show ends considering there were lots of weird moves along the way of the story. I've been the most lenient towards this show but even I must admit things got weird too many times. Lots of over the top spectacles with Metropoliman at the beginning including his dramatic as all hell death. Moving from him to Professor Yoneda waxing his long monologues over and over. Mirai was an up and down lead character but he's ok. Mirai and Saki did make a cute couple at the end at least. Overall not much to say about this show except a shoulder shrug.
Mar 24, 2022 2:04 PM

Mar 2018
hate me all you want, i actually liked the premise of the ending, no pulled punches. but yeah could have had a better explanation to all the characters motives in the final moments. love a morbid story.
Mar 24, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2009
Same shit like the manga. Some people were spreading hoax that manga tankobon has different ending but it was cope or bullshit.
Mar 24, 2022 2:18 PM
Aug 2021
I honestly had this ending spoiled for me a while ago so I knew it was coming, and I really can’t say I’m annoyed with how it ended, because that would mean I cared about Platinum End in the first place. I’m actually glad it ended so abruptly, arbitrarily, with the cringey quotes about death sprinkled in at the end. Because it meant death to Platinum End. Thank God…or the creature, or whatever. 1/10 episode, 4/10 show.
Mar 24, 2022 2:22 PM

Feb 2021
One of the most wtf endings I have ever seen.

I thought it was gonna be one of those cliche everyone lives happy ending but no, I really wasn't expecting that.

A wtf ending for a really crazy show, I may be one of the few ones but I actually enjoyed my time with it. Maybe its one of those case of its so bad its good, but despite the production I felt it had some interesting ideas and characters.

The first half was definitely the strongest with Metropoliman being the best character imo, I was never comparing this show to Death Note and really didn't have much high expectations for it, but overall I enjoyed my time with it.
Mar 24, 2022 2:29 PM

May 2021
Nakaumi is now God and the creature explains to him that they preserve all the bodies of humans as they were.
Also the creature created humans but doesn't know who he was created by!
Yoneda now uses Temari as a guinea pig/test subject for the red arrow xD.
Mirai and Saki planned to get married and also plan to own a flower shop in the future lol. Not a fan of Mirai's new hairstyle though. We also learn about the creature finding the life form Nasse when he first enters earth. Yoneda also was smiling from receiving flowers from his 'fellow soldiers.'
Nakaumi also killed himself. Killing all the angels also in the process and heaven.
Every human on Earth also dies...

Decent show but just like the manga, the ending was...
something I can't even think about why it had to end that way...
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 24, 2022 2:33 PM
Mar 2019
endin its so strange i think that need a continuation or somethign to revert that god did

goood anime but final its so bad
Mar 24, 2022 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
I fell behind on this show after episode 4, and decided to read the manga before catching back up to the anime. Finished the manga less than a week ago at the time this comment is being written, so the ending is still fresh in my mind. Definitely a more.....unorthodox ending compared to how most series tend to end. Interesting decision to just say fuck it and kill literally the whole world lol, and just when you think there might have actually been a happy platinum end. Tbh it's kind of refreshing for a change to get a bleak, depressing ending like this but that doesn't always equate to it being good lol. But it was different.

Anyway, this show was just bad lol, but it was entertaining at times in a "so bad it's good" kind of way, mainly during the Metropoliman part of the series that had more action. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do when you're working with bad source material. And there also wasn't really much room in the adaptation to improve, well.....anything lmao. I'm just glad it's over. Hard to believe the same dudes who blessed us with Death Note churned this out...
thebrentinator24Mar 24, 2022 2:45 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 24, 2022 2:41 PM

Jul 2017
lmao the fuck. we did it bros mirai finally got what was coming to him amirite!?!?!?!?!?!?

but hmm yeah mayyyyyyyyyyyybe choosing the massive simp for the already batshit crazy dude to be literal god perhaps wasn't the best of ideas luuuuul

Anywho thank fuck this is finally over. I don't even know how a show that isn't a cringe/snoozefest (ala rent-a-girlfriend) or overly autistic drama (ala peach Girl) could be so utter shite but alas here we are. I actually had a glimmer of hope those few eps after metrosexual hipster-kun died, thought his last ep was handled pretty nicely (much better than expected) and like the 2 eps after weren't too bad either.

but nop, somehow this cour managed to be even worse than the 1st one lmao. The red arrow proves to be absolutely fucking useless when it comes to an important character, the super genius professor who spent all his life learning got 420yeeted by two 15yr olds, Mirai continues to climax whenever the word happiness gets brought up and the entire world gets wiped out because edgelord decided fulfill his promise. noice.
I wish we got more of that detective couple, they actually seemed like cool characters

at least the OSt was pretty nice though

H A P P I N E S S/10
Mar 24, 2022 2:41 PM

Mar 2019
i still dont know what to think about this one... although the begin and middle are really good this ending was so... bad!? This ending with so many questions, like the author got tired of writting this and just nuked everything. MEH
Mar 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Feb 2014
The entirety of this series gets a 5/10 only bumped to a 6 because of how ballsy the ending was. I still want to know why is God 'preserving' the bodies of dead humans?
Mar 24, 2022 2:42 PM

Apr 2020
This is one of the few animes that I don't agree with the score at all.
I really enjoyed it all the way through even though I don't think it's as good as Death Note and Bakuman.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Nov 2020
“Platinum End ain’t that bad”

Platinum End:
Mar 24, 2022 2:43 PM
Jan 2022
Well I am still shocked , not at this ending(I expected cringe ending and thats what we got), but at the fact that I watched full 24 episodes of this cringefest.This is the first time ever I watched a whole fking Bad anime.Now I will appreciate even slightly better shows
Mar 24, 2022 2:46 PM
Nov 2020
MadanielFL said:

I thought it was gonna be one of those cliche everyone lives happy ending but no, I really wasn't expecting that.

A wtf ending for a really crazy show, I may be one of the few ones but I actually enjoyed my time with it. Maybe its one of those case of its so bad its good, but despite the production I felt it had some interesting ideas and characters.

The first half was definitely the strongest with Metropoliman being the best character imo, I was never comparing this show to Death Note and really didn't have much high expectations for it, but overall I enjoyed my time with it.

No offense but Metropolitan was a shit character. His backstory and ideology is one of the worst I’ve seen.
Mar 24, 2022 2:50 PM

Feb 2011
I told my friend who dropped this how it ended -

"A suicidal middle schooler was chosen to become god, then killed himself in heaven"

"Dude im so glad i dropped that ish-"

Lol.

Mar 24, 2022 2:55 PM
Oct 2021
I understand the meanings and the references to reallife depression and Suicide; but those meanings don’t make this anime good. The caracters are so unrealistic. Mirai is too “perfect” and “godlike” and he just looks so empty while talking about happiness. He has had such a traumatic background story, but we never saw flashbacks or references to his past. I almost forgot what kind of person he used to be. This could be logical because of his mindset (focusing on the future and not looking back), but it’s unrealistic. And the girl also had no dept (I don’t even know her name anymore.. says anough). Like what is their relationship?? Two people who talk about happiness but looking like they have no soul? When she says “I love u” I don’t feel anything. I don’t feel love between them. I don’t feel attraction or chemistry between them either. They haven’t made 1 joke to each other? They take life so serieusly it hurts. Happiness doesn’t mean perfection right? Why don’t they have any flaws??? What flaw does mirai have?? He is so godlike.. just to .. not.. become god ..? It’s all so strangeee

Notice how I forgot to mention metropoliman
I’m not even going to talk about him wtf was that?!?! The reason why he did all that .. to kill .. the ugly people.. wtf?? Who the hell thinks like that

I understand why people like it though.. the meaning is interesting
Mar 24, 2022 2:58 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok...
Hold on...
Wait...

...The FUCK was that ending?

After having an ok epilogue full of scuffed animation as there was in the the series, they were still lingering on Yoneda's theory as well as some philosophy bullshit. Only to end up in more questions than answers as everyone banishes are we are left with a punchline whose joke is surrounded in mystery.

Horrible show, I don't know exactly why I started watching it other than the Fantasy Anime League but from the get-go there were so many things that didn't add up. Why were all the candidates from Japan? How exactly do Red arrows work? Why is everyone following Metropoliman to be a hero after exposing himself multiple times? What is up with people's reactions to anything that's happening? These and many more questions's answers lie on bad writing usually but I didn't think it would be this bad.

Even if you look outside of that, the charaters don't give you a break. My God, some of them were insufferable, specifically Mirai with his poor on the moment decisions, and Saki with her sudden inconsistent behaviour changes between episodes. The only one who I could consider decent is Mukaido by being true to his convictions and being relatable enough. Metropoliman was a psycopath, the professor spout out too much to give us too little, the rest were just forgettable or annoying.

The things I'll probably remember the most about this are:
1) The opening sequence (the song mainly).
2) Never again trust an anime to be good just because it comes from the same minds that made a really good one before.
Everything else I'm confortable if it vanishes from my memory.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 24, 2022 3:01 PM

Feb 2021
TybTeezo said:
MadanielFL said:

No offense but Metropolitan was a shit character. His backstory and ideology is one of the worst I’ve seen.
He definitely was, but it sure made the show much more interesting and entertaining instead of a big philosophical debate.
Mar 24, 2022 3:03 PM
Nov 2020
MadanielFL said:
TybTeezo said:

He definitely was, but it sure made the show much more interesting instead of a big philosophical debate.
Agreed. He made the show a bit more interesting and less predictable making the show so bad but actually somewhat entertaining. The second half was not only worse but took itself too seriously making it just hot garbage.
Mar 24, 2022 3:07 PM
Sep 2021
Stark700 said:
Looking at Saki and comparing her to the person she was in the first few episodes..she's much more confident now in the finale.

It seems they went with a safe finale with our main cast, the Angels, etc. It felt more like they wanted to reflect on all the events up to this point with one of the Angels and their narrative. Everything has been set in motion and Mirai also realized it.

Yikes, I can't say this was a solid show overall but I guess it had its moments.

I agree it’s not a amazing show
But it had its moments
Mar 24, 2022 3:08 PM

Jan 2021
I actually liked the ending and the messages that were displayed at the end and when Nasse was with Revel and they were watching Miri’s wedding then Nasse said she was satisfied and it was finally over even Revel didn’t get what she meant she probably knew this would eventually happen

Mar 24, 2022 3:25 PM
Nov 2021
Wow. I can’t believe my eyes. This might be THE WORST TWIST I’ve ever seen in a show, and that’s saying a lot
Mar 24, 2022 3:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uh okay everyone disappeared RIP the humanity xDD at least it was quite surprising/original for the end of the anime but damn how can Death Note creators made this, it's so underwhelming compared to what I could have expected, at least it was entertaining but that's all for its positive aspects
Mar 24, 2022 3:38 PM
Apr 2017
Platinum end wasn't a bad anime. It was no masterpiece, but I didn't get why people hate on it that much.
I can say this for the first 12 episodes.
After that it went downhill hard...and the final episode is a dip to the lowest circle of hell.
Mar 24, 2022 3:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yay, we did it! We finished Platinum End, somehow. Where's my platinum trophy

So usually I'm respectful of other's opinions, no matter how whack they might be. But SOMETIMES you just have to wonder: "what is going on inside their head??"

Not to name any names, but

Anyway, congrats to those who managed to complete this. It kind of feels like an achievement to now be able to add another entry to the absolute bottom of our lists.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 24, 2022 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
You can say is a bad Bad Ending, but in a way makes this an interesting ending. Who would thought that would end insanely bleak.

The true villain was Yoneda in the end, for putting those ideas inside Nakaumi head.
Mar 24, 2022 3:54 PM

Aug 2020
this ep is totally trash, that makes the whole series worthless. lol

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 24, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2013
Yea, the ending was a huge what the fuck and super rushed but overall I actually enjoyed this anime. What goes around comes around.

Not sure what other anime people are comparing this too but it was a new concept for me.
Mar 24, 2022 4:16 PM
Apr 2021
The way it started i was afraid they would just speedrun their lives til they go old and make me depressed but instead i got a great laugh out of it. Good job
Mar 24, 2022 4:20 PM

Apr 2016
OMG what a trash ending.. It's a shame that such a great opening was wasted on this
Final Score 2/10

Mar 24, 2022 4:25 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Wow. That was not the ending I was expecting...

So, is the message of this show that faith leads to our downfall?

That's the only real conclusion I can grasp at without calling the past 23 episodes pointless.
Mar 24, 2022 4:29 PM

Feb 2020
I can't believe how things can be COMPLETELY messed up in a single episode.
I loved it. No sarcasm intended.
Mar 24, 2022 4:30 PM
Feb 2020
10/10 GOD y obra maestra😎🚬
Mar 24, 2022 4:49 PM

May 2014
I kind of love how crazy the ending is. I acknowledge the show has tons of flaws, but i found myself enjoying it regardless. I do think stronger directing and better OST would've helped a lot. Needed way more choirs, like this last episode had.
Mar 24, 2022 5:13 PM

Jun 2016
Nasse is the real GOD of this show. XD
The End.
Mar 24, 2022 5:16 PM
Jun 2021
Bruh this ending was ass... I'm giving this a 6/10 and I'm being nice!... nobody wants to see the freaking world end...GOD DAMN!! Or should I say Nakaumi Damn
Mar 24, 2022 5:18 PM

Feb 2017
this was the ending???? this???? well i mean its not what i was expecting. ngl, when "god" "killed himself" i had a chuckle. like uhh i mean okay? i kinda feel like we're missing something with nasse, or that her character was never fully explained. like okay she was an organism on earth when og god came down but i feel that that doesnt really explain much?

anyways yeah i can FINALLY talk about the fact that i spoiled for myself that mirai died. i thought he was "dead" in the sense that he became god. but then when nakaumi became god i thought he was gonna kill off the god candidates and then thats when mirai would die. i didnt think EVERYONE was gonna die bc nakaumi destroyed humanity. i dont even think i understand why this happened but thats what google is for ig.

kinda feel upset because its like ohba built this whole thing up and then destroyed it by killing everyone off. i also feel kinda okay with this y'know cuz saki and mirai seem like they cant live with out each other, so if they lived out their full lives then one would have died before the other. this way, they died at the same time and don't have to go on without the other.

not really platinum mad, moreso platinum sad at how this platinum ended. (sorry)

shoutout to the red arrow for being one of the most inconsistent abilities that i have ever paid attention to in an anime.

placeholder text
Mar 24, 2022 5:21 PM

May 2018
ngl this was a really unique ending. Not good... but unique. Just because of that I will bump my score up one point.

Overall 5/10 definitely the duo's worst work
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.