Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2022 5:41 PM

Aug 2017
Annie’s pie scene made me laugh hahahaha.

Not a fan of the pacing and Connie's resolution in this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 27, 2022 5:45 PM

Jul 2019
Hehe, what a corny ass episode now, eh? I can't wait for the upcoming trainwreck! Time to truly enjoy this torture.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Feb 27, 2022 5:49 PM

Dec 2021
Easily the worst episode of AOT. Connie-Armin scene was cringe asf. And then of course the Avengers style 'lets save the world' was even more cringe.
Feb 27, 2022 5:58 PM

Sep 2015
Over the moon to see Levi again! and ofc mappa erwin, he looked great imo. Overall I enjoyed this ep tho it did have some weaker moments.
Feb 27, 2022 6:03 PM

Oct 2020
AlanCG said:
Every other line leads to a infinite unbalanced conflit of interest and imperialism.

Yes, that's the message. That's what the show is trying to say.

SrPlatin_ said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
PSA, for those wondering, many people find this content cringe solely because it's characters wanting to stop Chad Eren they've been dickriding. It's not cringe at all, and even if you argue it is, it is 100% done so intentionally.

It's cringy because no one in it's right mind would say "Let's save the world". It sounds bad, in every context, it sounds childish, not align with reality. That's why it's cringe. I cant think of anybody saying that outside a kid's show or movie.

It would be much nicer if everyone had started laughing after Connie said that, because it's not cool, it's the opposite of cool.

As I said, it's not meant to be a badass scene. You thinking it's supposed to be is what makes you dislike it.
Feb 27, 2022 6:11 PM

Jan 2020
MAQS said:
I kinda get why some ppl might not enjoy connie getting all jokie with annie and such but guys this is connie lol, remember in S3 while trying to beat Bert in the middle of the battle he cracked a joke about Erens house, I guess ppl lose context when things are not fresh dk

I think back then, the joke was out of pure irony. It wasn't meant to sound funny or anything like that. Not sure if Isayama was trying to show how characters are losing their minds, but Connie was there laughing like Annie isn't the female titan. Not to mention that Armin flat-out defended her "She hasn't had pie in years", excuse me, WHAT? Like that kind of scene is not what you'd expect from people who were betrayed by their friend who happened to come back 4 years later and could still very much be an enemy.
I_Am_Freeballing said:
PSA, for those wondering, many people find this content cringe solely because it's characters wanting to stop Chad Eren they've been dickriding. It's not cringe at all, and even if you argue it is, it is 100% done so intentionally.
I hope the "intentionally" part is true honestly.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Feb 27, 2022 6:12 PM
May 2020
this is getting really stressful for me, I mean already read the manga but seeing it in action and listening is so much tenser.
Feb 27, 2022 6:12 PM
Dec 2021
I really like the episode and I like the mappa art style for erwin.
Feb 27, 2022 6:16 PM

Feb 2021
samashi20 said:
Not sure if Isayama was trying to show how characters are losing their minds

Oh i hoped that was the case for so long, i hoped this is intentional for so long. I really thought Isayama understood that this save the world thing was sort of cringe, and didn't fit SnK at all. I thought this was him mocking marvel movies and stuff. Until the bitter end i hoped.
Feb 27, 2022 6:23 PM

Mar 2014
kronos7 said:

(...)Hange is the representative of Paradis' rightful government, while Yeagerists are the ones that betreyed it. They have zero reasons to be loyal to Floch or Eren who are both by rank normal soldiers who roze a rebelion.

Head of state who nominate prime minister is the Queen - Historia. If Yagerists have her approval then their government is legalized now.

KowaitheSenpai said:
I just wanted them to make his character sooo absurdly over the top racist to show he's become so far gone, evil and twisted

Floch is not a racist. In a previous episode we had a scene where he encouraged volounteers who are nor Erdians to join them and be accepted as Erdians. In this episode he was telling Onyankopon to join Erdia. Were you sleeping during those scenes or what?

World outside of Paradis was sentenced to die not becouse of their races but becouse they wanted to kill all Erdians.

Feb 27, 2022 6:26 PM
Jun 2017
Those Jaegerist have the audacity to say SASAGEYO... hahaha

and Captain Levi is back, and Zeke is still on his mind...

and whats interesting is that Marleians and Eldians (like Armin etc) are now teaming up just to stop Eren from his plan...

lets go
Feb 27, 2022 6:26 PM
Aug 2013
Connie wants to kill a child to save his mom
Falco doesn't even care, he just forgives him instantly
Armin... decides he wants to kill himself and give Colossal Titan to Connie's mom?
Annie, the girl who murdered a lot of their best friends is... there. She's eating pie and that's hilarious. No one asks her anything, and she doesn't say anything. She's just there
And the avengers are ready to save the world!
Terrible episode, one of the worst in AoT
Feb 27, 2022 6:39 PM

Sep 2020
imagine embracing the fall yet you still care about your dead family
ishowhatredFeb 28, 2022 4:23 AM
Feb 27, 2022 6:40 PM

Nov 2017
AtomBlast said:
Armin... decides he wants to kill himself and give Colossal Titan to Connie's mom?
Annie, the girl who murdered a lot of their best friends is... there. She's eating pie and that's hilarious. No one asks her anything, and she doesn't say anything. She's just there

Nah. That's a very good shounen anime for me. Putting all their differences aside, they come together as one, with the power of friendship, to save the world. Isn't it beautiful?
Feb 27, 2022 6:42 PM
Sep 2019
N0-0NE2 said:
sarthak_dms said:
why was this chapter hated. I really don't know can you tell me

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the alliance but for some reason, Isayama made their introduction to the story maybe the most cringy plot in the entire story, when it could have been executed much better than that and give us more room in order to digest this part better....

I agree with you. For the first time in the whole series, i didn't felt engaged with an advancement in the plot. The alliance feels a bit forced and maybe the motives of some seem illogical. For the first time i'm worried i won't like the ending of the series. I really wish i'm wrong.
Feb 27, 2022 6:48 PM
Sep 2019
N0-0NE2 said:
I really forgot this scene of Mikasa and Louise from the manga. Omg, it was so disgusting to recall it. I mean what the hell is this? Why is she being an asshole to the one person who once viewed her as a hero and dedicated her life to be like her? The anime even elevated this feeling of disgust by showing how Mikasa was just ignoring her and continued walking as Louise was expressing her appreciation to Mikasa as her last words.... And all Mikasa thinks is: "Give me that scarf you f**king b**ch!!!"

I don't know what this is supposed to make you feel for Mikasa except... pure disgust....

Plus, it doesn't make sense when you think about Mikasa as a character, all along she has always been receptive to others peoples' feelings, and acted accordingly. She being unable to show empathy to a girl who loves and admires her, goes against all we have seen from her. Makes no sense in my opinion.
Feb 27, 2022 6:51 PM
Sep 2019
Guys i love the series. So much so, that this episode genuinely made me worried about the direction of the whole story. For the first time the plot feels forced and lacking AoT's brutality, it felt as a softening of the story. I really hope to be wrong.
Feb 27, 2022 6:53 PM

Feb 2021
divaddd said:
AtomBlast said:

Nah. That's a very good shounen anime for me. Putting all their differences aside, they come together as one, with the power of friendship, to save the world. Isn't it beautiful?

Isayama truly had us fooled all this time, trying to make it look like this shounen isn't about power of friendship, or that this isn't a shounen. It's a shounen alright, and the power of friendship is the most powerful force in existence, i'm sure it's so magical that it can even make Falco fly.
Feb 27, 2022 7:04 PM
Jul 2011
Watched this episode mainly to see the "To Save The World!" Avengers scene. It was corny in the manga and even funnier to see it animated.

Also Mikasa kind of came off as dick to Louise. "I ain't got time for that" energy all over the place.
Feb 27, 2022 7:45 PM
Dec 2019
Levi looks in really bad shape. Can he really beat Zeke in his current condition? Also it looks like Eren's friends are planning to stop him. It was nice seeing Annie teaming up with Armin and the others.
Feb 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Apr 2014
Damn what's with this rushed ass pacing?
Feb 27, 2022 8:05 PM

Sep 2020
Good to see Levi back, hope there's more of him in the future.
And that was such a cliffhanger! Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 27, 2022 8:09 PM
Feb 2022
kronos7 said:
Cruicruise said:

Also why? Just why would you wanna do that?

Because they are way better human beings then you are.

Cruicruise said:
Actually they’re committing treason to Paradis which is overwhelmingly pro Rumbling.

No they don't. Jeagerists are a terrorist group that assassinated premier Zachary and were part of a large poisoning plot remember? Jeagerists are the traitors of Paradis, while the scouts are on the side of the rightful government. Hange and her men have no reason to be loyal to those assholes.
how Yeagerists are traitors? They did all of that for the sake of Paradis only. Actual traitors are alliance
Feb 27, 2022 8:10 PM

Sep 2021
People really seem to dislike this episode. This episode improved the chapters tbh.
Feb 27, 2022 8:24 PM

Feb 2019
This couldn't have look more cheap. Stills, stills, stills. Stills everywhere. Almost like a slideshow. And the narrative as expected of this series is even worst. Connie's behavior and Annie's encounter were terribly executed, and it was already bad in the manga. Same goes for the horrendous pacing and weird tone shift as well. Appaling episode, and here I was thinking there'd be something that make me increase my rating from a 1 as it went on. Proved me wrong.
Feb 27, 2022 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, this is the one "cringevengers" segment people treat as the worst thing ever.

Talk about an overreaction. By all means, it is the dumb bro Connie the one to say it to Reiner, it fits just fine, even if one would consider it a cringeworthy line of his.

Nice episode overall, one of the few with comedy stuff going on in a long while, which makes for a breather transition episode towards the grand finale.

Not exactly top tier by any means, but it does its job well. Onyakopon discourse was really fucking well delivered, and the pie scene was hilarious (though Isayama's weird comedy beats are not exactly for everyone).

4/5
Feb 27, 2022 8:31 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I was so ready to hate Jean if he ever killed Onyakopon but really good thing he didn't and even saved him. Nice episode overall :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 27, 2022 8:32 PM
Nov 2021
No thoughts just SHIRTLESS LEVI (fangirl moments)
Feb 27, 2022 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
Finally! Connie's trollface and Annie's face while gobbling a pie, animated at last! :D

Awesome and fun episode. Animation was really crispy and smooth, using different techniques here or there in several scenes.

Direction was on high level, just as in previous episodes.

It was cool to see everyone again, even if they were separated from each other.
Feb 27, 2022 8:43 PM

Jul 2021
5 min episode wtf?

This was a great episode, got goosebumps multiple times.

Levi's injuries are more serious than I thoguht, he even lost 2 of his fingers, I don't think he will be able to use the 3DMG now. I cringed when Hange was sewing Levi's face, no anesthetic, yikes.

I think this is the first time we see Levi speaking this season? Took him long enough, glad that he's well enough to talk. They teamed up with Marley, damn. Earlier it was Marleyans vs Eldians and now it's everyone vs Eren.

Just last episode I thought that Armin is gonna sacrifice himself to save Falco and it almost came true, when Armin stood on that frame just below the titan's mouth, I literally screamed at the screen, glad Connie saved him and the incident knocked some sense into Connie as well.

Gabi has come a long way, she's no longer that annoying brat, I like her more when she has less dialogues.

Glad that Falco is safe.

I KNEW IT WAS THAT GIRL that took Mikasa's scarf. Mikasa completely ignoring her lmao, feel kinda bad for her.

Is it only me or the animation somehow looked better in this episode, that Colossal titan shots looked magnificent.

This episode was kind of a rollercoaster, one part we are serious af, verge of tears in another and then laughing our ass off in another. That annie scene was hilarious, I didn't recognise her at first. Annie has joined the squad again and left Hitch alone, would a goodbye hug would have been too much to ask? I'm sure Annie means a lot to Hitch.

Those Shinjou wo Sasageyo's don't feel the same these days, when Erwin used to speak them we would all get fired up, now when these Eldians are chanting it, don't feel anything.

When Jean fired those shots and then the cart titan just ate Jean, I jut sat with my mouth open lmao, somehow they all managed to devise a plan and they ended up saving Jean, Yelena and Onyakapon from Floch.

Hange asking cart if she brushes her titan's teeth xD.

Reiner is back and they are now going to save the world??

The whole world wants them dead but they want to save the world, huh? Their best bet would be to gain the trust of the whole world by somehow stopping Eren otherwise the whole world is just gonna come for Paradis again. I seriously don't know what Eren is thinking, he's got no screentime since the Ymir back story episode, I wanna see what's going through his head, is he feeling conflicted or something etc..

Also I want to see how Armin and Annie acted around each other when they got to have a conversation, some little screen time of just two of them would be nice, I'm pretty sure Annie knows that Armin(Bert?) likes her so that should be interesting.

Overall this was a pretty great episode. 5/5.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 27, 2022 8:53 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 27, 2022 8:45 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder if Levi can still fight just as good as before, thats the question I want answered, if by any chance hes able to improve.

Urgh Conny.... this guy, I felt that the scene was pointless, and in no way to get his character transitioned instantaneously....

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 27, 2022 9:25 PM

Sep 2020
mikasa is so done with that girls shit loll

also armin's almost-sacrifice broke my heart, poor boy hates himself so much :(

i think next episode is gonna be the campfire scene, my heart isn't prepared
Feb 27, 2022 9:45 PM

Mar 2021
Well, the good news is we're past the worst episode of the season. About as disjointed and boring as I dreaded it would be. Isayama does not know how to write compelling "connective tissue" chapters.

Connie's mom subplot is a complete and utter farce with so much tonal whiplash my neck is still recovering from the trauma. A total waste of time in an arc that desperately needed more breathing room to flesh out other, more crucial arcs and plot beats. I am not sure what was the thought process here, but to invoke the figure of Erwin Smith as Armin throws himself inside Mrs.Springer's mouth is some parody tier shit. I can only imagine the man screaming susume as he forfeits his life and plunges for some milf titan oral action. The parallel it's trying to draw feels honestly insulting at a conceptual level. It doesn't work at all. It's the exact same type of vapid, absurd, forced melodrama I would cook up for my fanfictions when I was 13. I've watched stand-up routines with higher stakes.

The pie eating scene is really the perfect encapsulation of how fucking disappointing Annie's return to the story is. No gravitas at all, just a "ha-ha, she's eating pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1" "comic relief" scene without a punchline and bam, Annie joins the party. I'll refrain from commenting on her role in future episodes, but let's just say that as someone who loved her character back in season 1 and was very much looking forward to her return ever since, to call it a letdown would be an understatement. Wasted potential.

Honestly, between all that and Mikasa's whole ass character being reduced to "gib scarf back, dying child", the much derided cringevengers assemble scene at the end always felt like the tamest aspect of this chapter to me. It's cheesy but I can roll with it, almost endearing in a way. It did not make me cringe or left me bored, which is more than I can say for the rest of the episode! Well, Onyankopon and Jean's legitimately good moment in the roof notwitstanding. Jean really is one of the few consistently good characters worth rooting for during this arc. Hange's moment with Levi was nice too. That's not nearly enough to save this, but it's something I guess.

Anyway, nice episode!!! 5/5
Mamiya-TakujiFeb 27, 2022 9:49 PM
Feb 27, 2022 10:12 PM
Jul 2021
Bucketly said:
dani8013 said:
Why did Connie regret giving Falco to his mother? I mean, he could have brought his mother back by sacrificing an enemy member, so what happened that Connie changed?

bc killing a child is heartless and he felt extremely selfish.
it's not logical. Falco is no ordinary child. He is an enemy soldier and a Titan Shifter who could save a mother who has been in a corner for four years and is suffering.If we look at this issue from Connie's point of view, his decision in this episode was irrational, we saw the weakness of the story in this episode.
Feb 27, 2022 10:24 PM
Jun 2019
One of my favorite episodes from this season so far. I used to hate Annie but I’m starting to warm up a bit to her now, although I hate to admit it. I’m glad Levi is back! Hange is the best and really sacrificed to save Levi even though it hurt her. I saw people being critical of Armin for possibly killing himself, but I saw it as the only way for him to get through to Connie. Not to mention, Armin doesn’t really seem to value his life all that much:( Falco is too innocent bro. Mikasa getting her scarf back and trying not to smack a bitch lmao. And Reiner being woken up from his nap when he just wants to lay down and die haha. Was I the only happy that Yelena didn’t die???? Just me?
Feb 27, 2022 10:24 PM

Jan 2018
The formation of the Cringevengers: success.
Feb 27, 2022 10:26 PM
Jun 2021
Ohhhhhh Levi heijou!!! He's comeback but not his eye and legs. 😭
Feb 27, 2022 10:26 PM

Sep 2020
0451 said:
Why you people are calling it Cringevengers ?
Feb 27, 2022 10:31 PM

Jan 2018
ZXEAN said:
0451 said:
Because it's cringe as hell.
Feb 27, 2022 10:33 PM

Sep 2020
0451 said:
ZXEAN said:
Because it's cringe as hell.
As expected no perticular reason. Ok 👌
Feb 27, 2022 10:45 PM

Mar 2019
I need more Hange and Pieck scenes.

Good episode. Definitely looking good that they'll be able to wrap things up in 4 episodes.
Feb 27, 2022 10:52 PM
Apr 2016
poemofdevil said:
Good episode. Definitely looking good that they'll be able to wrap things up in 4 episodes.

They sure as hell won’t.
Feb 27, 2022 11:10 PM

Jan 2022
Pros:
1. We get to know the situation of Levi and Hange.
2. The Score used was pretty strong, especially during the scene in which armin tries to save falco.

Cons:
1. The animation was pretty inconsistent.
2. The pacing was terrible.
3. Tonal inconsistency
4. Fast-Travel
5. Some plot points getting resolved in an anticlimactic way.

Overall: This episode wasn't exactly a great episode mainly because the previous episodes set the expectations pretty high. This episode was 2/5 for me.
"Stop beating your meat all day long and touch some grass" - Ken Kaneki or anyone idk

Feb 27, 2022 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
LEVI IS BACK AND THE ALLIANCE IS FINALLY HERE!!!
Feb 27, 2022 11:17 PM

Mar 2015
Annie stuffing herself with pie was hilarious tbf.

But wow it's moving at great pace! Looks like Eren's the big bad now.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 27, 2022 11:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I remember cringing so hard when I read this chapter when it came out with that panel "to save the world". At least the anime softens the impact a bit with the improved art and solid voice acting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 27, 2022 11:23 PM

Sep 2016
See you guys on ep 11 and 12
Feb 27, 2022 11:43 PM

Apr 2021
Awesome episode......This was one of my favorite moments in the manga......Two opposing forces becoming one.....
Feb 27, 2022 11:53 PM
Mar 2021
this episode was a bit rushed especially with connie trying to turn his mother back to a human but overall it was a decent episode.
Feb 28, 2022 12:58 AM
Oct 2019
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I see people not understanding Mikasa's scene with Louise. It's not that Mikasa hates Louise or anything. What happened here is Mikasa let out her anger cause she was irritated. Why was she irritated? Cause she saw herself in Louise. The way Louise is acting towards Mikasa is the same as Mikasa acting towards Eren. Mikasa is mad at Mikasa.

yes this is what i'm thinking too..
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.