Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (112) « First ... « 110 111 [112]
Oct 19, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2013
Asuna Theme that I edited. Check it out:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Krasa

All credits are at the bottom of the list, all I did was a bit of photoshop, re-organized some stuffs and voila. Simple colours and I think it blends really well. Hope you guys like it.

Image:

Feel free to ask for the code.
Nov 26, 2015 9:54 PM

May 2012
Krasa said:
Asuna Theme that I edited. Check it out:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Krasa

All credits are at the bottom of the list, all I did was a bit of photoshop, re-organized some stuffs and voila. Simple colours and I think it blends really well. Hope you guys like it.

Image:

Feel free to ask for the code.
Looks great :) May I have the code, either yours or the original?
Nov 28, 2015 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
Hello. I'm quite new when it comes to list styling. Can somone suggest me some plain, easy-to-read styles? Thank you very much.
removed-userNov 28, 2015 5:11 AM
Nov 28, 2015 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
dstilllove said:
Hello. I'm quite new when it comes to list styling. Can somone suggest me some plain, easy-to-read styles? Thank you very much.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1226323
Dec 16, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2015
I just laid my last hand on my list design.
I'm looking for people to find any bugs or other issues.

Check it out at the following link:
My list
-Start the day on wings-
Dec 16, 2015 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
Ulyssesmoore said:

My list
Simple and clean. I like it. It looks like it will work on a phone too. Nice job.

The only problem is that "more" doesn't work.
Dec 17, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2015
The code I used to show cover pics removed 'more' button functionality. I'm looking into getting it to work right now. Thanks for reviewing ^_^
UlyssesmooreDec 17, 2015 8:11 AM
-Start the day on wings-
Dec 28, 2015 5:44 PM

Jul 2015
My first list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Macwaw

and this is only the beginning ! :D
Dec 29, 2015 12:10 PM

Oct 2015
Visuals are okay and basically the list works.

You can maybe work on the effect of hovering over the tables. The words turning red makes is harder to read. Also you might think about getting another font, it doesnt really fit the rest of the list. If you're really on it you might even think about mobile responsiveness, making it compatible for mobile!

Anyway good work for a first list and keep getting better at it, there is a lot to learn ^_^
-Start the day on wings-
Dec 29, 2015 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Ulyssesmoore said:

My list

i feel like the background can be better.
Jan 2, 2016 11:34 PM
Jul 2014
Just made a list. I'm not too familiar with CSS so can someone tell me how I can change the font colour of my anime titles? I'm not sure if my internet is buggy, but certain titles don't even appear. I'm also not sure why the page stretches from left to right when the background is exactly 1920 px wide
Jan 3, 2016 2:54 AM

Oct 2015
Add this to your code:

.animetitle > span {
color: #b12d2d;
}

.animetitle{
margin-left: 10px
}

This should do the trick

As for the stretching:

Delete:

#list_surround{
position: absolute !important
rigth: 5px !important
}

and change:

#list_surround{
margin: auto 1% auto auto;
}

to

#list_surround{
margin: auto 5% auto auto;
}

Maybe you also should want to change the following:

.hide{
margin-left: 33px;
margin-top -65px;
postion:absolute;
}

to

.hide{
margin-left: 40px;
margin-top: -60px;
position: static;
}
UlyssesmooreJan 3, 2016 3:30 AM
-Start the day on wings-
Jan 24, 2016 10:24 PM

Nov 2014
I was finally able to customize my MAL List with my own code, as it is my first, it's got a bit of code helping me start out and modify my top bar.

View my list.

Preview:

And here's the code if anyone would like:

I'll probably be making a new one in a couple days since this one is a bit too girly for me, but I'm happy with the result.
Jan 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2015
Your list looks beautiful, but the background does weird things when I resize my window. It seems like the background loses it's fixed property. You should want to look at that.

The other note I have is of personal preference, so you can ignore it. I have al little trouble reading the anime titles. The font-color is a bit too grey in my opinion. My advice is to lower the transparency of the lists or to make the font-color a bit darker.

All in all, good work.
-Start the day on wings-
Jan 25, 2016 12:08 PM

Oct 2015
This list is really neat, one thing though, my name is longer and shows up behind your name, here is a photo to make things clear:
-Start the day on wings-
Jan 25, 2016 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
@Annuvin, how is a user of your list supposed to quickly add an entry or logout or open the forums...? You get the point ;)
Also, the "more" button seems to be not working ( if it is the "more" button ~ )
Jan 25, 2016 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Annuvin said:
The sole user of my list, as in me, never used any buttons other than 'back to profile' and the categories so I didn't really find them necessary for such a minimalist design. The tilde is just the airing status, I don't really need 'more' either. :/

I don't really use all the functions nor the more button too ;). But a good idea could be displaying the menu with 6 options (check my list to see what options I talk about) as you hover over your username on your list. They'd temporarily replace the categories thingy and as the cursor goes off of them, the categories would appear again.
Jan 25, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
Annuvin said:
4 out of those 6 are completely pointless, though. Anime and manga list buttons only show the user their own lists, not your lists as you would probably expect. Adding works far better from the main site and logout is... well, logout. Not sure why would somebody want to log out suddenly.

I was going to override the buttons for anime/manga lists but the html structure causes so much pain in the ass that I just gave up after a while, but yeah, it's possible to change where do specific buttons take you. I'll make sure that when someone else views your list and clicks on one of those buttons, it takes them to the owner's lists.
And yeah, I don't really use the history button nor the logout button at all, but they're just there to make the list look symmetrical ;p.

Annuvin said:
But speaking of your buttons, you should probably check them on different resolutions or just resize the browser since they start looking like a mess as the site gets narrower.

I work on my layouts along with people, that's what's the separate thread was created for. If anything needs to be changed/added/removed, I take care of it. Currently, the side bars are adapted to work only in 1366x768 and 1920x1080 evironments, but I'll take care of making sure that they do work in every possible resolution tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion!

//EDIT: Do you know any good websites that show you how a specific website looks on different dimensions?

Annuvin said:
Also, the icons don't really match the overall theme.

They're supposed to look odd to show contrast between the list background and the side bars ;). There was this one person who told me that the color schemes I use in my layouts are dull and boring, that's the main reason.
removed-userJan 25, 2016 3:20 PM
Jan 25, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2014
@Annuvin,

Thanks for your input, I've only just learned HTML and CSS, and I've always had troubles with re-sizing images and backgrounds. -.- I'll update my code and see what I can do about changing the looks of the titles so it's easier to read, I was really going for looks opposed to how practical the design was. XD

Still learning though, thanks a lot. (:
Jan 26, 2016 2:12 AM
Jul 2018
Annuvin said:
@Lhea
You should change 'background-size: 100%' to 'background-size: cover', cause yeah, resizing screws it up. Otherwise it's fine, although I have some problems reading the titles too.

Guess I'll take the chance and ask for opinions about my layout too since I've been testing how MAL handles CSS connected with PHP recently (.htaccess and headers magic). It's probably not very noticeable right now but my list should change color based on the time of the day.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Annuvin

looks really nice, except the left side (category links box) the width could be increased a little i guess. it looks a little too small
Jan 26, 2016 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Annuvin said:
What you did with media queries and all the transforms is just bad practice though and it's never going to work on all resolutions or browsers.

It's not finished though :P. I have to get it working on other resolutions and apply other prefixes, I just couldn't be asked to do it before ._.

//EDIT: My phone has a 1920x1080 resolution so it works just fine in a landscape mode (just noticed xd)
removed-userJan 26, 2016 7:36 AM
Jan 26, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
@Annuvin,

Looks a loooot better, now even I can read my own list. XD I'll be fixing the code sometime soon now, that website really helps, thanks again.
Mar 12, 2016 11:39 PM

Nov 2014
Ulyssesmoore said:
Your list looks beautiful, but the background does weird things when I resize my window. It seems like the background loses it's fixed property. You should want to look at that.

The other note I have is of personal preference, so you can ignore it. I have al little trouble reading the anime titles. The font-color is a bit too grey in my opinion. My advice is to lower the transparency of the lists or to make the font-color a bit darker.

All in all, good work.

@Ulyssesmoore Looking back I never saw your comment, thank you for your input! I've gone back and made those changes, I do believe it's adjusted to what you suggested, thank you for the help.
Apr 3, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2012
Updated.

@import url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xpijk4dafcmaxp9/anime.css);

edit: ss added.
HeadbyApr 3, 2016 11:50 AM
yeah yuh!
May 18, 2016 9:00 AM

Sep 2010

code here

edited in my taste (especially the hover info)
May 18, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
My last design

(all designs and codes can be found here)
Aug 15, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2010
I like to keep my themes simple. As much as I like looking at the themes I see here, I usually find them unpractical. I just spent the last day reverse-engineering the new "modern" styles so that I could make them look like my previous themes as much as possible. It was a complete success.

You can find my red anime list theme [here] and my blue manga list theme [here].

I also made an orange theme for my friend, but he hasn't had the time to change his theme to it at the moment of this post. Instead of sending you to his list, you can find screenshots of the old one and the updated one [here].
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Nov 18, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
Tsiox said:

code here

I know it has been a long time since this reply was posted, but can I have the code and the banner at the top of this edited theme if you still have them please ? I like what you made with this style.

Thanks.^^
Nov 19, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2010
Jarhad said:
Tsiox said:

code here

I know it has been a long time since this reply was posted, but can I have the code and the banner at the top of this edited theme if you still have them please ? I like what you made with this style.

Thanks.^^

after searching around in my HDD, I actually found the code!

here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v6jkvyspghqbls/animelist%20modern.txt?dl=0

and here are the images http://imgur.com/a/swBKE

please save the images cuz I dunno if imgur will corrupt them ^^'
Nov 19, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
It works perfectly. o/

Thank you very much !
Jun 6, 2017 9:26 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
I made my list into something a bit more to my liking than the default. It's kind of meant to look like a profile almost, cause... I like it that way.

This is the public version: http://i.imgur.com/Pnxt2sS.png
And this is what it looks when I access it: http://i.imgur.com/MYoet8N.png
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Valerio_Lyndon

I'm certain it has compatibility problems which I will need to get sorted, but it should work on any modern browser, I think. Plus, I'll probably tweak it a bunch whenever I think of stuff, so this isn't the final version.
May 12, 2018 6:16 AM
Oct 2017
I updated my Anime and Manga List style for the first time now. I misunderstood some things this time and thought I would have to use the classic list to make my custom stile, but that is obviously wrong. I will do better next time.

But still, I like my first design so far.

http://prntscr.com/jgy9nb

It is inspired by C code and a dark themed IDE. The Miku wallpaper fits the color-scheme pretty well and I like no game no life...
May 12, 2018 11:12 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
CaveDraft said:
I updated my Anime and Manga List style for the first time now. I misunderstood some things this time and thought I would have to use the classic list to make my custom stile, but that is obviously wrong. I will do better next time.

But still, I like my first design so far.

http://prntscr.com/jgy9nb

It is inspired by C code and a dark themed IDE. The Miku wallpaper fits the color-scheme pretty well and I like no game no life...
I quite like the style, it's a good concept and execution. Solid design! :)
Apr 22, 2020 7:26 PM

Oct 2018
I think I worked a bit too hard on it considering how it turned out but what do you guys think about it?
1738 crack that remix dbz amv (18+)
Apr 22, 2020 7:30 PM

Feb 2020
Thank you Whereiskahts, very cool!
Apr 24, 2020 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
very cool very nice i am so proud of u !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2020 6:57 AM

Jul 2019
It's actually pretty good and probably one of the more imaginative ones on mal
10/10, good form.
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Apr 25, 2020 4:21 AM

Oct 2010
yeah, nice design, nice list overall, Mikuru is cute there too
Apr 25, 2020 5:47 AM

Oct 2018
You could try keying that girl on the right a bit better. Other than that good job!
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Apr 25, 2020 11:38 AM

Feb 2019
You should have used higher quality background images. It's good otherwise.
Apr 29, 2020 5:42 AM

Dec 2019
Hi
This is my first time positing a new topic, so if i do anything wrong, just let me know and i will try to correct it. Yesterday i changed the pictures on my list design, so it would be fantastic if anyone could give me feedback on it. I would really appreciate it. To make it clear, the list design and pictures are not my own. The list design is by Lulech23, who's a member of a club i joined and the artist of the pictures are unknown since i found them on google

Here's the link: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Reyam121?status=2

Have a good day :)

Rey3Apr 29, 2020 6:12 AM
Apr 29, 2020 10:46 AM
Aug 2018
It’s a pretty good list design but for some reason I can’t see the scores. Is that because you didn’t give scores or some other reason?

Apr 29, 2020 1:38 PM

Dec 2019
Xickonaut said:
It’s a pretty good list design but for some reason I can’t see the scores. Is that because you didn’t give scores or some other reason?

Thanks! The person really did a good job creating it (i only followed the tutorial). To see the score, you have to drag the mouse on to the show/movie you want to see :)
Apr 29, 2020 2:21 PM
Aug 2018
Reyam121 said:
Xickonaut said:

Thanks! The person really did a good job creating it (i only followed the tutorial). To see the score, you have to drag the mouse on to the show/movie you want to see :)

I see. I’m on an ipad so it’s a little difficult to see the score, but I can still see it for a few seconds if I hold down on a show. But yeah it’s a nice design :)

Apr 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2019
Xickonaut said:
Reyam121 said:

I see. I’m on an ipad so it’s a little difficult to see the score, but I can still see it for a few seconds if I hold down on a show. But yeah it’s a nice design :)

Btw i forgot to also thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it :)
Apr 29, 2020 2:54 PM
Aug 2018
Reyam121 said:
Xickonaut said:

Btw i forgot to also thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it :)

You’re welcome broski

Apr 29, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2019
Awesome list! good taste too

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Apr 29, 2020 3:13 PM

Dec 2019
2life said:

Thanks! I also think you have good taste :)
Apr 29, 2020 3:50 PM

Apr 2019
Reyam121 said:
2life said:

lol how XD, my list is private he he he, got u there

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Apr 29, 2020 4:14 PM

Dec 2019
2life said:
Reyam121 said:

lol how XD, my list is private he he he, got u there

I can see your favorites, so i just based my opinion based off those hehe
Pages (112) « First ... « 110 111 [112]

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
2 hours ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
7 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.