Forum Settings
Forums

'Vampire in the Garden' Unveils Lead Cast Pair, Additional Staff

New
Nov 8, 2021 7:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The Netflix Festival Japan 2021 event unveiled the lead cast, additional staff, and a teaser visual (pictured above) for Wit Studio's Vampire in the Garden original anime series on Tuesday. The anime series will stream worldwide exclusively on Netflix in 2022.

Voice actresses Megumi Han (Little Witch Academia, Devilman: Crybaby) and Yuu Kobayashi (Dorohedoro, Shingeki no Kyojin) are starring as the lead characters Momo and Fiine, respectively.

Satoshi Takabatake (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song) and Kazushi Fujii (Great Pretender) are credited for art setting. Yoshihiro Ike (Takt Op. Destiny) is composing the music.

Ryoutarou Makihara (Shisha no Teikoku, Hal) is directing the anime, with assistant director Hiroyuki Tanaka (Claymore director, Guilty Crown). Tetsuya Nishio (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, Jin-Rou) is serving as the both the character designer and chief animation director. Shunichirou Yoshihara (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni) is the art director.

Synopsis
Once, vampires and humans lived in harmony. Now, a young girl and a vampire queen will search for that Paradise once again. In the divided world of the future, two girls want to do the forbidden: the human wants to play the violin, and the vampire wants to see a wider world. (Source: Netflix, edited)

Source: Comic Natalie

Nov 8, 2021 7:26 PM

Sep 2020
Let's goooooo!!! Wit Studio's next masterpiece.
Nov 8, 2021 7:26 PM
Feb 2021
Wow we have a god team working on this. Hopefully the story will be good. That KV is 🔥
Nov 8, 2021 7:37 PM

Jun 2019
I'm not sure what to make from the synopsis, but the one with brown hair (who I'm assuming is human) wants to play the violin but seems to have a gun in the picture so I'm intrigued about how she's meant to make that dream possible.
Nov 8, 2021 7:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wit doesn't miss so I'm all in for this
Nov 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Mar 2010
Wow is this a crossover between Naruto and Bleach. Characters looks kinda similar to Rukia and Sakura.
Nov 8, 2021 9:09 PM

Jan 2020
Hell yes!!!! Wit studio for another 2022 anime. I'm excited, but I'm also scared that this is yet another Netflix original. I'll check it out though.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Nov 8, 2021 9:15 PM

Nov 2015
Stardew said:
Wow is this a crossover between Naruto and Bleach. Characters looks kinda similar to Rukia and Sakura.

Same character designer from the Naruto movies.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Mar 2010
Old_School_Akira said:
Stardew said:

Same character designer from the Naruto movies.

Ohh thank you. This makes sense!
Nov 8, 2021 9:22 PM

Oct 2017
Wit Studio anime is always something worth looking forward to.
Nov 8, 2021 10:09 PM

Apr 2012
Sounds like something vaguely gay from 00s
Nov 8, 2021 11:33 PM

Feb 2020
Synopsis sounds lackbuster. I don't have much expectation for this one.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 8, 2021 11:57 PM

Jun 2017
From Vinland Saga to Great Pretender to Vivy to Ousama ranking this season, Wit has been nothing but great after leaving Attack on Titan. Hope this one is great as well.
Nov 9, 2021 12:32 AM

Sep 2020
Adampk said:
Synopsis sounds lackbuster. I don't have much expectation for this one.
The synopsis is very similar to Wolf's rain. It's really a great anime.
Nov 9, 2021 12:48 AM

Sep 2020
i hope its not LGTB or some shi.t like that(Netflix tho)
Nov 9, 2021 1:41 AM

Feb 2017
So we learn nothing new except that Netflix remembered the show actually exists and the nice key visual, and a delay for who knows which reason considering the show should have already finished production. They could've at least shown a teaser.

RobertBobert said:

Okay, I saw plenty of people already say or hope it's yuri/lgbt and wonder how? How does an anime about an ancient vampire and a little girl sound yuri? Sounds more like adoptive mother-daughter than anything.
Nov 9, 2021 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Tsarko said:
So we learn nothing new except that Netflix remembered the show actually exists and the nice key visual, and a delay for who knows which reason considering the show should have already finished production. They could've at least shown a teaser.

RobertBobert said:

Okay, I saw plenty of people already say or hope it's yuri/lgbt and wonder how? How does an anime about an ancient vampire and a little girl sound yuri? Sounds more like adoptive mother-daughter than anything.

Because lesbian vampire is big trend and synopsis sound like bff all-female show from 90-s. Also, news call them two girls.
Nov 9, 2021 2:25 AM

Sep 2020
Tsarko said:

RobertBobert said:

Yaa you are right, judging by the synopsis and key visual it doesn't look like a Yuri anime at all. This lasbian fans are always there to make low bait commentary whenever they see anime like this.

I think this anime will be a emotional rollercoaster, our two main lead will learn to trust each other there is a high possibility that we might get a sad ending.
Nov 9, 2021 2:42 AM

Sep 2016
Vampire Shoujo ai ? nice. although the art of the characters does not feel very "fluid"...Netflix anime
loolzNov 9, 2021 2:46 AM
Nov 9, 2021 4:50 AM

Feb 2019
Looks trite, guaranteed flop.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 9, 2021 5:38 AM

Dec 2018
"two girls want to do the forbidden"

The forbidden!! Ohhhhhh that sounds fucking juicy. Like forbidden lesbian love or even better lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Two girls that want to do forbidden things together =P I fucking love it .And if there are only females I am definitely going to watch it. I really hope for a strong Yuri with some vampire lesbians,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Nov 9, 2021 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
Tsarko said:

Yaa you are right, judging by the synopsis and key visual it doesn't look like a Yuri anime at all. This lasbian fans are always there to make low bait commentary whenever they see anime like this.

I think this anime will be a emotional rollercoaster, our two main lead will learn to trust each other there is a high possibility that we might get a sad ending.

loolz said:
Vampire Shoujo ai ? nice. although the art of the characters does not feel very "fluid"...Netflix anime

Huh, no matter how speculative potencial the show has, you'll still find people to take it and run around with it like it's already a proven fact. It was with Aquatope and Karol & Tuesday and it looks like it will be with this show as well. What's most interesting, if you start asking people about why they decided that it couldn't be, but it MUST be shoujo ai, then they usually don't even understand this themselves, saying that they just ... caught vibes or something.
Nov 9, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2009
i hope its as action packed as Vivy was
Nov 10, 2021 6:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
deg said:
i hope its as action packed as Vivy was
Same, I'd love to see the animators go off like they did in that series for the action sequences
Nov 11, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
Wit Studio is back in business!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

12 by CQLLIST »»
1 hour ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

38 by vitor03 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Today, 4:47 AM

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.