Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 21, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit..Mirai got hit by Saki's red arrow which means he falls for her although it's kinda strange since he already liked Saki before.

It's also obvious Saki and his angel are using him for their own plans. Glad to see they animated the flying scene. They almost made that look surreal. Definitely felt like the episode made an impact in showcasing Mirai and Saki's relationship.

Oct 21, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2019
Man... things are getting interesting in this. As cute as Nasse is, I like Saki's angel, Revel as well. He's cool. Looks like Mirai is in full control of Saki and Revel is pulling the strings on Saki in order to handle Mirai. He's definitely a strategist. Mirai to become Saki's wings. But, thanks to Nasse being there on time, Mirai is good for now. But, he's going to protect Saki nonetheless because he's already in love with her which is cool. LOL

The biggest problem they all have is the Metropoliman. He's going to be a big problem for all of them. It was an alright episode IMO. Nothing too special but looking forward to the next episodes and where this is going.
Oct 21, 2021 9:58 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 21, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2020
That God candidate turned out to be Saki, Mirai's childhood friend and she pierced him with that red arrow, but it won't change a thing as he was already in love with her to begin with, but now he would do everything she asks him for.
Obviously her angel isn't special rank, so taking advantage of Mirai's inconvenience to the fullest is the obvious thing to do. Good thing that Nasse got to know about this in time and now both Mirai and Saki with their respective angels will work together, would be interesting to see how long.

Metropoliman doing those usual dealings, and he wants a talk with other god candidates, don't know what he's upto but atleast him being near would always lead to something.
Hoping for some action next time.
Oct 21, 2021 1:01 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, man got hit by Saki's red arrow but he's already in love with her. Saki's angel looks dope as hell. The flying scene looked dope as hell. Well, Nasse managed to save Mirai's butt in the end.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 21, 2021 1:22 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well Saki has an angel too that was to expect and she throw the red arrow on MC and he got caught so easily... they're doing an alliance but I don't know what to think about it I just can't trust her and her angel so far, anyway the big meet-up organized by Metropoliman is sure really tense so far, he's immunized to arrows with his shield? wtf
Oct 21, 2021 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Not necessarily a good thing, but at least Mirai isn't like Light.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2021 1:27 PM

Nov 2019
The red arrow on someone already in love with you. A bit overkill, but gets the job done.

"Not necessarily with you".

Ouch..seems like the feelings aren't quite mutual just yet

Oct 21, 2021 1:30 PM

Feb 2021
This obviously isn't gonna end well, I don't really get what he will gain from going into a obvious trap, but whatever is still entertaining, despite what many people have been saying so far I have enjoyed every episode.
Oct 21, 2021 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
Saki's another God candidate, and her Red Arrow signifies to the person being shot to fall in love with her, which caught Mirai off-guard.

However, Mirai is already in love with her since young, so the spell's effect really isn't any effective at all, while Saki's Angel of Trickery (Revel) questions him using her as a vessel. And since she doesn't have the blessing of the Wings, Mirai has to act for her, with the whole flying scene, actually not looking bad at all. Good thing there's Nasse to stop Mirai in his tracks and take the rational call to protect her 24/7.

Welp, Metropoliman is a threat to draw out the other candidates, which doesn't fit well for a battle royale such as this in the eyes of the Gods. More crimes and crime-fighting situations follow, but it's not doing the trick, so trapping them in a "peaceful resolution" is the next logical step.

Both Mirai and Saki are undercover to protect their identities while the live TV broadcast follows, it's excruciating to wait. And indeed there's Metropoliman, and 2 others with Red Arrows. But it all remains to see whether they're the real or fake ones.

Getting deeper into the rabbit hole bit by bit...
Oct 21, 2021 1:33 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Lets go. Nice cliffhanger, i'm hyped for next week!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 21, 2021 1:34 PM
Sep 2021
I genuinely wonder what happened to Saki to be a god's candidate...
It was a good episode.
Oct 21, 2021 1:37 PM

May 2021
Great episode. Mirai is hit with the red arrow by Saki chan and falls deeply in love with her (though he already is to begin with). Since Saki doesn’t have any wings he is ordered by Saki to become her wings so she can dodge arrows. It seems Revel’s plan was to either get Mirai killed by Metropoliman or for Mirai to kill Metropoliman so Saki could receive his or Metropolimans wings and white arrow. We also got to see Metropoliman’s face and angel who is named Meyza. Metropoliman has also laid a trap for the other candidates and it seems that Nasse has yet again forgotten to tell Mirai another fact xD. At the stadium, there are quite a few God candidates. There are also 2 other Metropolimans-blue and yellow. However, the red arrows they fire at him can’t pierce his armour…

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Dec 2020
Glad that this engel was not metropolitan he seems to be a good person but we see i like saki so Mirai was in love with her.

So there is more specials engel abovclass 1 looks very interesting.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 21, 2021 1:52 PM
Oct 2016
Mirai seeing that angel seemed like a bad thing at first but it worked out since his childhood friend/crush was the Angel's god candidate. Saki certainly is an interesting girl, I wonder why she was chosen to be a god candidate. Her angel certainly has a sharp tongue trying to manipulate Mirai while he was under the spell of that red arrow. Those red arrows really do work wonder completely overriding the mind. Saki didn't make Mirai do anything horrible so that's good, just using Mirai for his wings since Saki angel isn't high enough level for that. When they were flying around the scenery was really pretty, this show has consistently so far kept looking amazing with its visuals. I'm glad that they just waited out the red arrow time limit and now Mirai and Saki are a real team. Metropoliman figured out his warning was a bit of overkill and dialed it back. Trying to set that trap for the other candidates at the baseball stadium, but maybe its a bit more elaborate that your standard trap.
Oct 21, 2021 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
The interesting part, is the reason to be Japan was given, than the normal because....

In 33 days they could really trained the poker face, now we have a couple in surrounded stadium following the moves like a dog starving for treats.
Oct 21, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2018
Well that escalated quickly. I didn't think Mirai would get struck by a red spear this easily. It was cringe to see him simping for his childhood friend but Ig it's only logical since he legitimately had a crush on her since childhood.

Both Saki and Mirai going to the stadium was a terrible decision. I can't see this ending well for them.

I really wonder what's the reason for Saki's gloomy face. She's probably hiding some dark past. But hopefully she'll cheer up more with Mirai.

Every god candidate being Japanese is kind of bad writing.
Oct 21, 2021 2:16 PM

May 2018
I dunno man I did not like the 'romance' developments here... mc should have confessed without the red arrow tbh
Oct 21, 2021 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Mirai gets less interesting with every episode
not a big fan of the crush being another contestant especially with how abrupt the delivery was

gonna stick around because Metropoliman is cool though
Oct 21, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
So that angel at the school belongs to Mirai's childhood friend and crush, Saki, and they're teaming up for now as they try to figure out how to go about dealing with Metropoliman. I wonder if Metropoliman plans to kill those 2 other God candidates that appeared at the stadium. Doing that in front of all those people would certainly not be a good look for his whole "hero of justice" shtick.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 21, 2021 2:57 PM
Jul 2021
Wow this shit is pissing me off, first he could have avoided everything if he wasn't a Beta male and kept walking. And now he's Red Arrowed so I like him even less. Also what a bitch she is,. You are going to shoot your childhood Friend and force him to love you? He wouldn't have done that to her. I seriously hate him right now Red Arrowed. Before he was a soft weakling who was broken by life (justifiably) and now he's a Simp
. Also don't you know one of you WILL die? It has to end with one candidate doesn't it? This character has mush for brains lol. Also GOING yo the stadium? When you know it's a trap? He's a weakling who can't fight, and has a weak will, he's not going to be able to fight Metropoliman or anyone else, why would he think that was a good idea? Especially since he couldn't hide his reaction to seeing Saki's Angel, so obviously he's too stupid to hide his reaction in this big situation or at least experience dictates. I really do like this Anime but man the MC is irritating to me at times.
DKDiabloLichtOct 21, 2021 3:12 PM
Oct 21, 2021 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
NASSE DESTROYING SIMPS WITH FACTS AND LOGIC

also how tf are people still so casual about not just 1 but 3 flying dudes lmao. You'd think that would be like the public talk
Oct 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Apr 2021
I can really see the similarities with death note. I like how the angels are like shinigamis but with more purpose, i dont think nasse is as likable as ryuk though.The end of the episode really hooked me so i cant wait for next week
Oct 21, 2021 4:38 PM

Feb 2016
"Go to my room through the balcony, be sure no one sees you"

Proceeds to take flight in the most flamboyant way possible in the middle of the school

this shit is peak comedy, best thing since Ex-Arm
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2021 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
A detail is that animation is very static sometimes but it didn't bother my experience much, plus the Mirai was hit with an arrow from another candidate to become a god, although he feels something for Saki, plus this turnaround in ending was amazing looking forward to the next episodes.
Oct 21, 2021 5:18 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Hmm, I still dont really know what to think about this Anime.

smoochie smoochie

Oct 21, 2021 5:37 PM
Oct 2020
AdolZeppeli said:

Proceeds to take flight in the most flamboyant way possible in the middle of the school

no one can see him, this was said in ep 1
Oct 21, 2021 5:41 PM

Feb 2016
GeanWolf2000 said:
AdolZeppeli said:

no one can see him, this was said in ep 1

No one can see HIS wings, but people would be freaked out if someone suddenly disappears from school like that wouldn't they?

You're also forgetting everyone can see Metropoliman "Floating" around and the other armored guys too, so, technically you're wrong in this take.
CrimsonWandererOct 21, 2021 5:53 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
I have found nothing appealing about this series so far. It's below mid imo. The fucking one Angel actually says something smart and tells them to just stay at home and watch on TV...but no...they go to the stadium. This kind of stuff has been done before and 3 episodes in it's just not interesting.

Wow me.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 21, 2021 7:26 PM

Jun 2019
I’m starting to get worried that this will be more boring than I anticipated. The love interest is even more of a wet blanket than the MC and this anime takes itself way too seriously for what it is. I’ll give it 2 more episodes, but I don’t get the feeling it will be improving by that time.
Oct 21, 2021 7:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bruh, Mirai just easily get shot from behind. Fortunately its just the red arrow, and more great thing was, its Saki, his childhood crush. Yep, about the truth, the angel, Revel, was looking for a partner to protect Saki from that stupid candidacy. More importantly about the fact that her lacking the wing to protect herself from the white arrow. Why her choosing the red arrow, though? No answer, just a plot device reason. The opening already spoiling that girl immixture, no surprise at all with her part. Though the later part with the plan and another minor detail about Revel actually decent enough to fill the remaining duration.

The next scene, i get to see Metropoliman angel, exactly from the poster, and revealed to be the one whose propose the direct idea to win the God's title. Alright, as simple same as Nasse, it seems. Metropoliman changed the tactic considering the previous 'goodwill' was not much benefiting him. In summary, the opening suggest that scene, more power ranger coming up to make a deal with him. Then, something confusing happened. Why? Another week to be wait to answer that simple question.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 21, 2021 7:36 PM
Sep 2015
All candidates are in Japan... OK.... just a normal anime logic.

Exciting and cute episode.
Oct 21, 2021 8:17 PM
Apr 2020
Whoa! What a coincidence! Even Mirai's childhood friend and long-time crush is a god candidate, and she shot him with a red arrow! Welp, that's clearly beneficial for Mirai. lmao

Nasse and Revel's interaction is so cute. lmao

Another cliffhanger. Metropoliman is really powerful, he can even block red arrow. His guardian angel also looks problematic.

Oct 21, 2021 8:47 PM
Oct 2016
Wow so many negative comments here and there! Throwing out real world logics to bash it, remember it’s an anime? If you go back to any of your fav anime I bet you’ll find 1 or 2 such holes in it but you are too blind to notice it.
I’m liking this anime and love it’s a 24 eps show in this world of 11 ep hero summoning esekai era so I hope it’ll be a success. The characters are also likable but sometimes they can be annoying for watchers, understand they are high schoolers and some of have gone through shits like losing their both parents, etc and it looks like others are also living alone (so far) looks like most of them are mentally not stable in the story.
Oct 21, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2014
this show very poopy!
let's all love lain
YouTube (schizo anituber):

Oct 21, 2021 10:11 PM

Jul 2016
Of course the new God has to be Japanese, huh?

Revel is already best character, by the way. Only God knows how much plot progression he saved by making Saki use the Red Arrow on Mirai.
Oct 21, 2021 10:15 PM

Sep 2020
Idk about others but Mirai's quest for happiness is getting old and annoying
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Oct 21, 2021 11:09 PM

Oct 2016
Getting hit by the red arrow did nothing but amplify Mirai's simping lmao. I wonder what happened to Saki for her to be a God candidate as well. She most probably tried to unalive also, but what's the reason for it. She's living alone, so it's either her parents are gone as well or she cut herself off from them.
Oct 21, 2021 11:36 PM

Dec 2020
Mirai is really not a good MC, after all the talk of keeping Nasse away so that other god candidates don't find him, he just gawks at the angel (tbh, I think it would be a normal reaction but i guess after seeing meruko chan's god level ignorance i had my hopes up).

The long talk was also boring. It became a bit interesting towards the end.

“𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞?”

Oct 21, 2021 11:38 PM
Sep 2015
The pacing of this show is not good. 3 episodes In and it's slow for 3/4th every episode and 1/4 of every episode is like bam cliffhanger.
Oct 22, 2021 12:10 AM
Jun 2013
Impressed with how loyal the adaptation is so far, they're skipping basically nothing from the manga in order to speed things, which is good.
Oct 22, 2021 12:11 AM

Apr 2014
I was hoping since he already had a crush on Saki he’d be completely immune to the red arrow’s effects, and then he plays along until he wrings enough information out of Saki and her angel.

But no, it made no real difference. Sigh. Guess the writers have to force their alliance somehow.
Oct 22, 2021 12:15 AM
Jul 2012
Man, when Saki said "not necessarily with you" I was like "bitch, I should shoot a fucking white arrow on you right now because of this comment alone".
Oct 22, 2021 12:19 AM

Feb 2019
I love Saki and Mirai together tbh. When the Angel showed up last week I was scared that metropoliman would be at the school, but luckily it was his childhood friend. Next week looks like it’s gonna be wild.

I know manga readers were shitting on the story but I’m liking it so far
Oct 22, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2019
Solid episode. The chapter that was adapted was more comedic & cute than suspenseful so I was wondering how it would translate to animation, but it turned out fine. Episode didn't feel like it dragged. Looks like next week things will start picking up fast so that's exciting.
Oct 22, 2021 5:06 AM

Jan 2014
Ok I have just one question ... why did they actually go there? Could they not just send their angel/s there and watch the broadcast?
Oct 22, 2021 5:12 AM

Jan 2014
l--_--l said:
Idk about others but Mirai's quest for happiness is getting old and annoying

Yeah, I gotta agree... but I thought it was annoying even in the 2nd ep. Also, it is not even on level "I dont wanna be horny anymore I just want to be happy" meme..
Oct 22, 2021 7:00 AM
Dec 2015
What a cliffhanger, hyped for the next ep!
Oct 22, 2021 7:40 AM
Oct 2018
Too much simping for male mc ffs. Is he gonna be like that for the whole season?
Oct 22, 2021 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
Its a trap Admiral Akbar
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM

» moral of the story

Kanashito - Apr 3, 2022

23 by bastek66 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.