Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2021 8:34 AM
Aug 2019
Start with Zero which is like prequel to others(And better than the rest imo).
Then you have stay night, unlimited blade works and 3 movies titled Heavens feel.

The major difference between these three is the its from the perspective of different protagonist. You may watch in the order I mentioned them above.
Dec 18, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
The intended order is fate stay night all routes (fate, ubw, heavens feel)
Than fate zero (this a prequel)
Dec 18, 2021 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
Do not watch fate stay night (2006). It ruin my experience with fate all together. Just watch fate/zero.
Dec 18, 2021 9:52 AM
Jun 2020
Lone_wolf2021 said:
EJ88 said:
If you ask me just watch Fate/zero and nothing else.
are you trolling? Fate zero ends in an anticlimactic way and it sets the story for ubw. you want people to stop with it instead of continuing? Fate zero is prequel so you have to watch the main story too. I get that Fate zero is the best Fate but that doesn't make ubw a bad anime and not worth watching.

Tbh fate ubw is must watch anime after fate zero and its story is good too
Dec 18, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Jontayy said:
Oznerol7 said:

So is it ok to start with Zero? Because a lot of people told me that absolutely not you have to start with Stay Night. Also, difference between Stay Night and Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works? Is the first one just skippable?
PLEASE READ THIS
Ok so fate is a visual novel with three routes (stay night, unlimited blade works, heavens feel) or the saber, rin and sakura routes because of each arc having a different love interest. All three have anime adaptations. Fate zero is a prequel to both

The reason this is so confusing is because of the argument that zero spoils all three routes in a different way. (It spoils sabers identity and some of the mcs powers, and it spoils a sibling relationship)

Id also like to note that people think that the stay night route is bad just because of its old art style, don’t listen to them

Note 2: when watching unlimited blade works watch the series not the movie

Note 3: heavens feel is a trilogy of movies with incredible animation

Overall: if you don’t care about spoilers, then I recommend zero, stay night, ubw, heavens feel.
If you want the full adventure, I recommend watching stay night, ubw, heavens feel, zero

(Think of this as watching Star Wars in chronological or non spoiler order.)
Garnt “This is the short version”
Dec 18, 2021 10:28 AM

Jun 2021
watch fate zero first trust me, its way better to watch it first. i watched the sequels beforehand and it took away from the experience
Dec 18, 2021 11:16 AM
Oct 2021
PLEASE READ
As a VN Reader my recommendation is:

Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works (2014)
Fate Stay/Night Heavens Feel Movies
Fate Zero
Anything else

This is the release order of the source material and order in which the author meant it to be viewed. However, until the true starting point is properly adapted into an anime, I would recommend reading the Fate Stay/Night Visual Novel first for the best experience of the fate story. It is beautifully voice acted and adds so much you don’t see in the anime.

You can start with Zero, it would help explain UBW and HF but it will also spoil a very large amount. Always watch UBW before HF. You can skip the 2006 Fate Stay/Night Anime entirely or watch it last.
Dec 18, 2021 11:31 AM
Dec 2020
Shirqkuno said:
I’ve always wanted to get into the fate series (considering the fan base seems to love it) but never knew the correct order since I always saw people saying about every order that it’ll spoil something. If there is no perfect order, I’ll settle for the minimum spoilers too.

1. Fate Unlimited Blade Works
2. Fate heaven's feel
3. Fate Zero

Basically unlimited blade works and heavens feel are the main story while fate zero is the backstory that will explain all the plot twists that you will find in ubw and hf
Dec 18, 2021 11:39 AM
Sep 2020
Fate/Zero -----> Fate/Stay Night

Which Stay Night? Pick your poison. It really isnt that complicated.
Dec 18, 2021 1:53 PM

Mar 2018
Fate originated in vn and Zero is prequel written later by different author. If you really want to avoid spoilers then don't watch in chronological order but watch three F/SN routes first (F/SN, F/SN UBW, F/SN HF - all are alternative versions but should be experienced in this order because of plot twists) (or read the VN, it's worth it) and then Zero. It's not anime-release order nor chronological order but release order of original works. Anime are just adaptations.

Dec 18, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 2021
If you care about spoilers DON'T watch the original fate stay night until last. They took elements from all routes and it spoils the climax of the 3rd heaven's feel movie but does it in a worse way in my opinion.
Dec 18, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2021
Oznerol7 said:
xDemi said:
Fate zero
Fate Stay night ubw
3 Fate Heaven's Feel Movies

So is it ok to start with Zero? Because a lot of people told me that absolutely not you have to start with Stay Night. Also, difference between Stay Night and Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works? Is the first one just skippable?
Fate Zero is the prequel so it makes sense to start with that if you ask me
Dec 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Nov 2020
Chloe_Player said:
Oznerol7 said:

Fate Zero is the prequel so it makes sense to start with that if you ask me
it spoils all the other anime though
Dec 18, 2021 5:06 PM
Jan 2021
for the best experience, read the visual novel and then watch fate zero.

if you don't have time to read it, then just start with fate zero. fate zero is a much better experience once you have context from fate stay night but it's still pretty solid on its own.
Dec 19, 2021 2:25 AM

Mar 2013
Just watch it normally, like what you find should be what you watch since they have different but similar stories altogether.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 19, 2021 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
just watch this its entertaining and informative https://youtu.be/UzNSWmokCdU
Dec 19, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
EJ88 said:
xDemi said:
Fate zero
Fate Stay night ubw
3 Fate Heaven's Feel Movies
If you ask me just watch Fate/zero and nothing else.

Heaven's Feel is a lot better as a story, and UBW is just as good if not for some minor characters.
Dec 19, 2021 5:17 PM
Oct 2021
Now I'm not gonna act like I'm an expert on the series, but I can give you the of how the series goes chronologically (Anime only). Please comment if I have missed anything.

Fate/Stay Night Category:
Fate/Zero (prequel)
Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note (side story)
Fate/Stay Night [Fate Route, UBW Route, and Heavens feel] (Main storyline)

Fate Spin-offs Category:
Prisma Illya Subcategory;
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA: Oath of Snow (Prequel movie)
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA [inc. 2wei & 3rei] (Main storyline)
Fate/Extra Subcategory:
Fate/Extra Last Encore (Standalone story)
Fate/Apacrypha (Standalone story)

Fate/Grand Order Category (Best seen with knowledge of the game):
Fate/Grand Order: Flame Contaminated City: Fuyuki [Anime Special] (First Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot The Shining Airgetlám [Movie Series] (Seventh Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia Chain of the Heavens [Anime Series] (Eight Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: The Grand Temple of Time: Solomon The Rain of Stars
[TBA] (Singularity Final Arc)
Dec 19, 2021 5:17 PM
Oct 2021
Now I'm not gonna act like I'm an expert on the series, but I can give you the of how the series goes chronologically (Anime only). Please comment if I have missed anything.

Fate/Stay Night Category:
Fate/Zero (prequel)
Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note (side story)
Fate/Stay Night [Fate Route, UBW Route, and Heavens feel] (Main storyline)

Fate Spin-offs Category:
Prisma Illya Subcategory;
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA: Oath of Snow (Prequel movie)
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA [inc. 2wei & 3rei] (Main storyline)
Fate/Extra Subcategory:
Fate/Extra Last Encore (Standalone story)
Fate/Apacrypha (Standalone story)

Fate/Grand Order Category (Best seen with knowledge of the game):
Fate/Grand Order: Flame Contaminated City: Fuyuki [Anime Special] (First Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot The Shining Airgetlám [Movie Series] (Seventh Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia Chain of the Heavens [Anime Series] (Eight Arc)
Fate/Grand Order: The Grand Temple of Time: Solomon The Rain of Stars
[TBA] (Singularity Final Arc)
Dec 19, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 2021
I love posts on mal zero page

chronologically it's zero->stay night(all three parts occur in parallel).
Storywise however stay night was to be experienced first, heck, zero wasn't supposed to exist at all. It was written by a different author two years after stay night's release lmao

if you want to be spoiled as little as possible, zero has to be watched last. It reveals like 1/3 of Heaven's Feel in the first ten minutes
Dec 20, 2021 1:30 AM

Feb 2019
Shirqkuno said:
I’ve always wanted to get into the fate series (considering the fan base seems to love it) but never knew the correct order since I always saw people saying about every order that it’ll spoil something. If there is no perfect order, I’ll settle for the minimum spoilers too.

The "chronological order" is both idiotic and physically impossible.

To get through the series properly, just read the Fate/stay night Visual Novel, then read Fate/hollow ataraxia. Then:

Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 20, 2021 4:25 AM
Feb 2021
Zero-> UBW -> Heaven's Feel
It's the way ufotable intended as well as chronological order, and the best way if you don't plan on reading the visual novel or watching the bad studio deen adaptation.
Dec 20, 2021 5:08 PM
Dec 2020
Fate/Stay Night
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks
Fate/Stay Night Heavens’ feels trilogy
Fate/Zero
Feb 3, 2022 10:50 PM
Dec 2021
Just tell me in which order the majority of the people watch this series
Feb 3, 2022 11:02 PM
Aug 2021
1st-Fate Zero

Then u can try Fate/Stay Night 2006 or Fate/Stay Night UBW

And then Heaven's Feel 3 movies
Feb 3, 2022 11:02 PM
Nov 2020
Optimus9473 said:
just watch whatever tf you want it doesn’t truly matter
Feb 3, 2022 11:04 PM

Jan 2017

Optimus9473 said:

Fate/Zero first , because the majority doesn't know what a "Prequel" is.
Edit : Oh and the majority also skip the 2006 one , because they don't like "old-looking" Animes.
Alexioos95Feb 3, 2022 11:08 PM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 3, 2022 11:05 PM
May 2021
By release date- it's Fate Stay Night, Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks, Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel

By how I watched it- Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks, Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel, Fate Stay Night.

The others are more or less non-cannon.
You could see the Fate Grand Order series and Apocrypha.
Feb 3, 2022 11:06 PM

Aug 2020
Idk about others I watched it like this :

Fate/Stay Night : UBW > Fate/Stay Night : Heavens Feel > Fate/Zero

Feb 3, 2022 11:08 PM

Mar 2021
Optimus9473 said:
This is the order i follow too first watch The 1st Fate/stay night of the 2006 made by studio deen than watch Fate/zero after that Fate/stay night unlimited blade work. Then after this you can watch the 3 heaven's feel movie. For more explanation. Watch this video

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 3, 2022 11:30 PM

Jul 2021
Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night (has 3 routes, you can either watch only one or all 3)
Fate Stay Night 2006 (basically the Saber route)
Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (basically the Rin route)
Fate Stay Night: Heavens Feel Movie 1, 2, 3 (Sakura route)
I would recommend watching UBW and skip the 2006 one because it has great (better) animation and better plot imo
You can also watch the 3 movies because they are also really good
Then you could watch some spin-offs too like Prisma Illya and Grand Order but they're not necessary

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Feb 3, 2022 11:41 PM
Sep 2021
RK145 said:
1st-Fate Zero

Then u can try Fate/Stay Night 2006 or Fate/Stay Night UBW

And then Heaven's Feel 3 movies
yes this is the best route though og stay night is bad apparently so the heavens feel route is better
Feb 3, 2022 11:48 PM
Sep 2021
Stay night -> Stay night ubw -> Stay night heaven's feel -> zero
Don't watch zero first, it is meant to be watched after stay night. Just because it's a prequel doesn't mean you should watch it first
Feb 4, 2022 12:00 AM

Jun 2016
>majority
There is no absolute majority. Just watch all the fate/stay night series in the order they came out, then fate/zero, then whatever you feel like, it's not that important.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 4, 2022 12:03 AM
Dec 2020
The way most people have watched it is
1. Fate zero
2. Unlimited blade works (ufotable not deen version)
3. Heaven feel
4 . The rest you can watch however you want
Feb 4, 2022 12:16 AM
Mar 2021
I watched it like this:
1.Fate zero
2.Fate/stay night (2006)
3.Fate/stay night unlimited blade works (UBW)
4.Fate/stay night heaven's feel (movies)

If you what explanation of the series or quick review made in a fun way:
5min version:
https://youtu.be/wnVwcUhxt1k

30 min version:
https://youtu.be/wnVwcUhxt1k
Feb 4, 2022 12:27 AM

Mar 2021
I started from release order and it's worked perfectly for me.
Feb 4, 2022 12:41 AM

Aug 2020
Do not watch Fate/Zero first just because it's a prequel.
The author of Fate/Zero even admits that Fate/Zero would be confusing to most people if they aren't familiar with the Stay Night story.
I'd reccomend
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (optional as it's a pretty bad adaptation)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel
Fate/Zero
I'd also reccomend watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies alongside Fate.
Feb 4, 2022 12:53 AM

Mar 2021
Tyraq said:
Do not watch Fate/Zero first just because it's a prequel.
The author of Fate/Zero even admits that Fate/Zero would be confusing to most people if they aren't familiar with the Stay Night story.
I'd reccomend
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (optional as it's a pretty bad adaptation)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Zero
I'd also reccomend watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies alongside Fate.
i watched fate/zero first it wasn't confusing for me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 4, 2022 2:21 AM
Sep 2020
Ah the weekly watch order post.
Feb 4, 2022 3:33 AM

Mar 2020
Ideally, start with Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel and then the Fate/ZeroLight Novel, I would recommend the Fate/Zero Light Novel over the anime because the anime has some subtle differences to the Light Novel that contradict the Visual Novel as well.
If you can't be bothered to read, start with Fate/Stay Night anime, then Fate/Zero anime, Fate Unlimited Blade Works anime, and finally Heaven's Feel trilogy. As previously mentioned, the anime for Fate/Zero has a few things that contradict the original Fate/Stay Night that are exclusive to it and not in the Light Novel, additionally the Fate/Stay Night anime is supposed to be an adaptation of the Fate Route but conains plot elements from Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. The source material will give you a more coherent and better experience, although the anime isn't all that bad.
Either way it's release order, one for the source material, one for the anime.
Hollow Ataraxia, a pseudo-sequel to all 3 routes of Fate/Stay Night, can be read/played at any time after all 3 routes in the Visual Novel or their anime adaptations. I'd recommend playing it after Zero, although it was released first, because it isn't spoiled by Zero and it comes last in the timeline, giving it a more satisfying conclusion.
Spin-offs can be watched in any order, except for those that are directly stated to be sequels to other spin-offs.

Feb 4, 2022 3:43 AM

Aug 2021
Optimus9473 said:
Fate Zero, Fate stay night unlimited blade works + sunny day OVA, then the 3 Heavens feel movies. Whatever you do don’t watch the 2006 fate stay night by Studio deen. It’s the worst way to start with the Fate franchise since it’s visuals and pacing are problematic to say the least. This is the main story route. After that you are free to watch whatever Fate series you want basically
Feb 4, 2022 3:56 AM

Feb 2019
Optimus9473 said:

The majority of people are wrong, so you've already fucked yourself over with that question.

The correct order is to read the Fate/stay night Visual Novel, then read Fate/hollow ataraxia. Then:

Well I for one already loved Lain.
Feb 4, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 2020
As much as it "doesn't matter" where you start. I highly recommend the 2006 anime. It tells you enough about the fate route to get the groundworks steady so you'll understand everything about fate once you get to unlimited blade works and heavens feel. I also think you should watch zero last(which is an unpopular Opinion apparently) because it's a prequel meant to be viewed after already seeing the series.

Various plot points/plot twists in stay night that gets revealed super late in the story just instantly gets revealed in zero which like Makes you go "HUHHhhhhHh?"

Like there's this one character that we didn't know has this type of backstory until heavens feel(mind you, you can't watch heaven's feel until after you finish unlimited blade works). It's supposed to be this monumental revelation and a powerful moment, but in Fate/Zero, they just reveal it in episode 1, because they assume you already know this
Feb 4, 2022 12:16 PM
Dec 2021
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (if you wanna see Fate/Stay Night, I recommend the LN)

And then whatever you want
Feb 4, 2022 3:26 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Jesus just search in the Forum… so many user have asked that question before, there is no point in making a new thread.
Feb 4, 2022 10:57 PM
Oct 2020
_REDOX_ said:

What’s your opinion on this order? This is the suggested order in the official subreddit as well. I’m wondering if you felt like this was a good natural order for you? Apparently the plot twists hit a lot better this way especially in Heavens Feel since Zero spoils most of it.
Feb 4, 2022 11:13 PM

Aug 2017
the watch order is your mom
Feb 5, 2022 12:09 AM

Aug 2020
Mq84jdk said:
_REDOX_ said:

What’s your opinion on this order? This is the suggested order in the official subreddit as well. I’m wondering if you felt like this was a good natural order for you? Apparently the plot twists hit a lot better this way especially in Heavens Feel since Zero spoils most of it.
you can watch it the other way round too coz Zero had some good plot twists as well which were spoiled by SN

Feb 5, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 2020
_REDOX_ said:
Mq84jdk said:

you can watch it the other way round too coz Zero had some good plot twists as well which were spoiled by SN

I know I watched them all - for me i watched Zero first. But after watching HF I can see the appeal of saving Zero for last. That’s why I was curious about your experience.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
6 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.