Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2021 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Word that Muteking is out has rocked the rankings, it has become the new star that DJ is invested in, leaving Muteki speechless. The popularity is slowly soaring, and everyone is imitating Muteking.

Muteki skates into a deserted Chinatown, which lands him into an arcade and meeting some new people of a closely-knitted family (Haru, Summer, Aki and Winter). The arcade definitely screams 80s vibes (with the arcade game being a reference to the Sharp X68000 game Naious), they even have DDR imitation lols. But this community was like many others, threatened by Theo Eight to be the current dumpster it is, so it's not a surprise being taken over.

Muteki seems quite obsessed with the diner girl Aida, and DJ knows it to give him some love advice with a price. Insane?

As per usual, Theo Eight's OctinQ efforts to reel in people is the same but on many different facades, and this episode is through an enticing OctaGO membership. Once again, Aurora does her hypnotism "magic" (it's almost as if DJ INSTANTLY knows when it'll happen) and it's Muteking to the rescue.

It's fun to enjoy a niche show like this that you don't see anywhere, but it takes a CERTAIN person to really enjoy this. Quite literally the definition of "turn off your brain and just enjoy".
KANLen09Oct 9, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 9, 2021 1:11 PM
Sep 2015
Could DJ be Muteki's father? He doesn't seem to want to listen to Muteki parent's divorce story. He teases Muteki about being his real father when Muteki asking for a flirting advice. And that's why he lives in Muteki's grandma house, instead of just "meeting grandma at the dancing club", DJ hint that they maybe more than best friend, more like mother and son? And could DJ also be a missing former city mayor? I need to rest because I'm too crazy about him and come up with a crazy theory, he's just too cute! I still ship him with Muteki regardless of their actual relation.
phantomfandomOct 9, 2021 1:15 PM
Oct 10, 2021 4:52 AM

Jul 2021
decent episode, so we've been introduced to some more characters and that arcade area. Were some of those characters in the opening?
Also is that news girl the one they saved last episode? Either way, I'm assuming the next episode will be more about her since it left with a cliffhanger.
Also I'm kinda disappointed the fight in this episode seems the exact same as the fight from the last episode.
Oct 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2012
DJ aka DJ recorded the footage of Muteking and sent it off to television stations.

The reporter girl, Naomi, is Miuteki's sister, and last time she was reporting, it was on aliens. The mayor went missing and was talking about aliens at the end of his reign so maybe the mayor is Muteki and Naomi's father?

Muteki skateboards his way into Chinatown.

Five characters only seen in the OP last time make their debut at an games arcade. Dance Dance Revolution, nice. Is Bomberhead a reference to to Bomb A Head by m.c.A・T?

DJ aka DJ gives Muteki love advice on the Aida (possible candidate for being Aurora, it seems like she's OctinQ's artificial creation, hence the repetitive robotic responses).

Outside the Not Apple Store, on the launch day of their new smartphone, DJ introduces Muteking to another friend of his, Suteking. and the Aurora music turns people into goo again.

After transforming into Muteking, those who recently bought OctinQ's new device, had it turned into a Casseteman.

Fortress_MaximusOct 10, 2021 12:12 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 10, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
KANLen09 said:

It's fun to enjoy a niche show like this that you don't see anywhere, but it takes a CERTAIN person to really enjoy this. Quite literally the definition of "turn off your brain and just enjoy".

This is precisely what I do. Works so far and the opening is such a banger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2021 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
I'll be honest with you all, I have no clue what is actually happening in this show, but boy am I enjoying it, for some reason.
Oct 10, 2021 5:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm loving this acid trip/blast from the past this show brings and the OST sounds amazing. Muteking is starting to become popular in Neo San Fransisco. However, Mutki discovers an arcade area after skating into an abandoned part of town and made a few friends there. It is also revealed that Naomi, the woman who is reporting about aliens is Mutki's sister.
Oct 10, 2021 9:16 PM

Apr 2008
First episode had some goofy charm with the colors and weirdness, but this was exactly the same. Not enough here to keep hoping for a hidden gem.
Oct 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
"Are you Dancing?" oh man! i wanna punch that face!!!
2/5.

Oct 11, 2021 9:56 AM
Mar 2016
Is there a name for that song that plays during the Fight? Well more like a one sided massacre of the enemy force.

And is there a full version of it?
Oct 11, 2021 9:57 AM
Mar 2016
Oh and for those wondering... look up. "Muteking the Dashing Hero" There was a anime clear back in the dust ages of 1980.
Oct 14, 2021 6:14 PM

May 2009
What's origin of Neo San Francisco? Did old one collapsed under shit and junkies' needles?
Oct 17, 2021 1:57 AM
Oct 2018
Zetophi said:
Is there a name for that song that plays during the Fight? Well more like a one sided massacre of the enemy force.

And is there a full version of it?

ローラーヒーロー・ムテキング -Version.2021- (ROLLER HERO MUTEKING -Version.2021-)
Feb 22, 2022 1:31 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
They lowkey showed Castro's rainbow road! Eyyy! Also, seeing those steep as heck hills (which are accurate as heck too) is bringing me back memories of why I totally only consider San Francisco to be a vacation spot only. Wouldn't want to live there, but I do like the vibe of the place for the most part.

Aki's really cute. ;__; Her design's so nice.
I didn't say this on the first episode, but I really like the ED. The OP is chill and fun to watch too. Only thing is that bell near the beginning that sounds a little out of place, but I'm still vibing.
I can't help but love how colorful this anime is. I also feel like it's just the right amount of chaotic, weird stuff. The little fight/dance scene seems like it'll be something wild yet still formulaic enough to balance the show and pull us back to a sense of consistency through the chaos.
Love these characters so far. ;o;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2021

14 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 10:24 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2021

6 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - Nov 20, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.