Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 17, 2021 9:17 PM
May 2020
Ahh I genuinely love this kind of show. so much fun!
Oct 18, 2021 3:47 AM
Oct 2021
Takt op Destiny is an anime that i dislike bu
t has some potential 6/10 is my final rating.I do recommend this anime to advanced watchers only.
MC-OF-LIFE060605Oct 26, 2021 2:56 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 18, 2021 5:30 PM

Aug 2018
first Vivy, now this. When did music anime become so hype?

The animation, the sounds, you feel the blows in your face, loved it!

edit; Also, the comedy appealed to me!
guizo-Oct 18, 2021 5:47 PM
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 18, 2021 10:02 PM
Sep 2020
Animations look promising already! I haven't got hooked into the story yet but I'm excited to hear more of the ost because I just know it's gonna be good :)
Oct 19, 2021 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
So far the animation and the music are *chef's kiss*
Can't wait for more episodes to come!!
Oct 19, 2021 4:24 AM
Jun 2019
Okay this has the potential to be something special. Fun character dynamics and an interesting musical concept. The animation looks stellar so far too.
Oct 19, 2021 4:12 PM

May 2015
Well I already love the two MCs. They're very unique and have great chemistry. I love the male MC's voice. Same voice as Tomura from MHA. Its great how these two just don't give a fuck about anything.

"I Failed" *Flop* God that part was great haha.

I'm sure everyone has already mentioned it but damn her transformed design is so god damn pretty!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 19, 2021 6:05 PM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
Ahh, this is why I love MAPPA, they make those action scenes look so smooth~!<3 X'3>
Oct 19, 2021 7:48 PM

Mar 2018
Interesting concepts of fighting, great amimations. Let's see what's next

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Oct 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Jul 2021
A very cute nothingness.
Oct 22, 2021 9:29 PM

Jan 2019
Aye Listeners but good! Hopefully at least.

Certainly one of the weirder first episodes of an anime I've seen. I'm glad that Jimmy kid isn't the protagonist. I hate kids in anime.

Destiny gives off some massive Shinobu vibes.

Excited to see where this goes!
Oct 23, 2021 8:42 PM
May 2020
Really good first episode, the music and animation was what really sold me and Takt is really mellow character and so is Cosette, when she’s in her fighting form she’s a force to be reckoned with and with some training… she’ll definitely be a menace to all D2’s.

Takt is a really good piano player :)
Oct 26, 2021 9:27 PM

Apr 2018
Hmm interesting concept and I really like the fight scenes. I wonder how the MC lost his arm or is it that every time he controls the girl he loses the arm.
Nov 8, 2021 11:17 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm kinda annoyed with Anna being the only one who seems to be the voice of reason.
Like two block head leads sounds like something that would be a little exasperating to watch, and whaddya know? It is.

Debating on continuing or not. Ah, who am I kidding? It's a visual wonderland. If anything, I'll watch for that with the hopes that this trio dynamic becomes easier to swallow as we roll on.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 10, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
Piano echos throughout the town

AH so far, this anime takes place at the US

Wow the little sister finished the pie, like it was nothing, the waitress was surprised xD

Oh cmon, why did they have to destroy the retaurants wall? They are for sure going to lose their buisness now.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2019
A first episode with two super obnoxious leads who are supposed to be funny (they are not), their token 'responsible handler' who they never listen to and that is supposed to be funny (it is not) and a risible 'style over zero substance / rule of cool' "plot" which makes about as much 'sense' as 'Akudama Drive'. Even the art and animation looked like that disastrous waste of time.

I miraculously endured watching 6 whole episodes of AD before dropping it but I doubt I will manage to watch more than 2 or 3 episodes of this. The entire 'plot' looks likes it is designed as a ridiculously roundabout way to make an anime about music while making it seem it is not about music. The only positive elements of this episode were the animation and the music, but art and music alone do not an anime make.
Nov 30, 2021 4:50 AM

May 2016
So far only seen good art, story doesn't seem that catching either.
Dec 7, 2021 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
I knew it would be a mediocre show just by looking at the poster and some clips. Just watched ep 1 to confirm it would have the best animation of the year (which doesn't say much since it was a below average year in that aspect). Since I value my time, I'm not wasting my time on this anymore.
Dec 15, 2021 9:57 PM

Feb 2008
Dropped it for tainting Moonlight Sonata.
Dec 17, 2021 2:49 AM

Oct 2018
Holy shit some insane sakuga cuts on here. Lighting is used brilliantly in some of the frames of the final fight. The storytelling at the start gives some idea about the world, nothing much in this episode. Characters definitely seem to be one dimensional for now.
Dec 26, 2021 9:14 PM

Aug 2019
I promised myself i would never be sold to another anime after the first ep, but my God Takt Op. Destiny just hits right. Visuals, SFX, plot were all great this episode alone, making the overall anime look extremely promising rn. So much so that i'm already hooked.

Right away, visuals i think are beyond stunning rn. I've always been a sucker for LAM's character designs so i'm already loving the looks of characters, each seem to have their own unique colour palette, that seems to reflect the character, Takt's dark hair and clothing reflects his almost straightforward and stubborn personality for example. D2's look intimidating and well designed, background visuals are really lively and extremely detailed, animation is just fucking crispy. The action scenes this ep were outstanding with the fluent animation, visual effects of smoke as well as character movement all looked detailed and high quality.

The plot seems straight forward with usual world ending via aliens, superhumans that can control one another. I'm just really interested into how they'll incorporate the whole "musical" aspect which seems to be a core to the show. With that, SFX were amazing, not just the sound of collapsing buildings but the classical music rlly helped set the mood.
Characters rn seem unique and interesting in their own ways, i'll give them more time to develop. Already short scene of character backstory as well which i'm prying they expand on.

Alongside visuals and sfx, a few scenes i had a laugh. MAPPA and Madhouse i for one know make amazing story boards shown by their previous works, so i'm hoping this show will be in good hands. The flow from city to action, calm road trip to suspense building and character conversation, finally to a funny short clip felt so natural.

All in all, again is the first episode and i really shouldn't have my expectations so high incase things go south. I've already been got once before, so fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Dec 26, 2021 9:14 PM

Aug 2019
I promised myself i would never be sold to another anime after the first ep, but my God Takt Op. Destiny just hits right. Visuals, SFX, plot were all great this episode alone, making the overall anime look extremely promising rn. So much so that i'm already hooked.

Right away, visuals i think are beyond stunning rn. I've always been a sucker for LAM's character designs so i'm already loving the looks of characters, each seem to have their own unique colour palette, that seems to reflect the character, Takt's dark hair and clothing reflects his almost straightforward and stubborn personality for example. D2's look intimidating and well designed, background visuals are really lively and extremely detailed, animation is just fucking crispy. The action scenes this ep were outstanding with the fluent animation, visual effects of smoke as well as character movement all looked detailed and high quality.

The plot seems straight forward with usual world ending via aliens, superhumans that can control one another. I'm just really interested into how they'll incorporate the whole "musical" aspect which seems to be a core to the show. With that, SFX were amazing, not just the sound of collapsing buildings but the classical music rlly helped set the mood.
Characters rn seem unique and interesting in their own ways, i'll give them more time to develop. Already short scene of character backstory as well which i'm prying they expand on.

Alongside visuals and sfx, a few scenes i had a laugh. MAPPA and Madhouse i for one know make amazing story boards shown by their previous works, so i'm hoping this show will be in good hands. The flow from city to action, calm road trip to suspense building and character conversation, finally to a funny short clip felt so natural.

All in all, again is the first episode and i really shouldn't have my expectations so high incase things go south. I've already been got once before, so fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
Jan 13, 2022 9:16 AM
Dec 2014
That was the prettiest first episode of an anime that I've watched in a long time. The colours are so beautiful and the animation <3 Such a shame that the storytelling was boring as hell. I really wanted to like this.
Jan 17, 2022 5:24 AM

Oct 2014
That was a top tier animation. As expected from Madhouse x MAPPA. With all of those fighting and flying, with Destiny skirt that short I'm kinda proud that I didnt spotted a single pantsu shot.

I'm late to the party but it was a solid episode 1.
Mar 6, 2022 3:49 PM

Feb 2018
Anna seems to be the most normal one out of the bunch lol. Loving how 'dead' Destiny's personality is, Takt's not lacking on that neither :P
Mar 16, 2022 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
The premise itself doesn't really grab me but the characters (poor anna dealing with Takt and Cosette) look like fun and production quality (music and animation) look toptier as expected from Mappa and Madhouse.

Jul 1, 2022 1:08 PM
Jul 2022
AMEI DE MAIS UM DOS MELHORES ANIMES QUE EU ASSISTI ME INPRECIONEI
Jul 10, 2022 3:47 PM
Jan 2022
This show has already hooked me, such an interesting premise, with beautiful animation, and great character designs, Destiny in particular looks absolutely stunning.

I can't wait to see how the show continues on for the remaining episodes
Oct 13, 2022 2:04 PM
Sep 2022
nice anime, i like the song
Nov 25, 2022 1:47 PM
Nov 2021
A good explanation about how events started some years ago, I liked that I will finish that!!
Hiiii Nice to meet you, Thx for adding. My name is Sael !!

Dec 23, 2022 8:13 PM
Jan 2016
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:
Looks decent but it's definitely not MAPPA's best efforts visually compared to the standards I think they've tried to set in the past couple years, rest of the episode didn't do much for me with the premise and the characters. I can see why it might be popular, but the story and characters leaves a lot to be desired so far. Heard there's a game or something related to this series too?

Actually, from what I found out, Madhouse is gonna be producing and animating most of the series, while Mappa seems to be doing mostly the promotional stuff. So this is not anything really against MAPPA, tbh. They might get a few episodes in their hand, but I doubt much more than that.
It's not like that.
Both companies produced certain episodes
Madhouse: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12
Mappa: 2, 4, 6, 7, 11
Madhosue episodes feature the studio's exclusive animation producer Yuuichirou Fukushi, who is responsible for OPM S1, so that's probably why those episodes are so well produced.
Dec 25, 2022 11:35 PM
Dec 2022
it kinda boring at the start but as the episodes go on it got better
Feb 3, 2023 7:13 AM
Dec 2021
Po prvním díle nechci dělat unáhlené závěry
Feb 19, 2023 1:23 PM
Feb 2023
Good Afternoon boys and girls,

Also... vallah diese Folge war wie ein STICH in meinem Herzen. Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung wie ihr das Ende so verkacken konntet aber wenn das weiter gemacht wird dann, mashallah. Sonst coole Animationen dank MAPPA. Habe immer hunger auf etwas süßes bekommen dank Destiny. Und der schwule typ war auch da. 

Yours sincerely AJ and TE :)
PS: Was ist auf diesen USB-Stick drauf?
Feb 19, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2023
AJ_TE_Bewertung said:
Good Afternoon boys and girls,

Also... vallah diese Folge war wie ein STICH in meinem Herzen. Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung wie ihr das Ende so verkacken konntet aber wenn das weiter gemacht wird dann, mashallah. Sonst coole Animationen dank MAPPA. Habe immer hunger auf etwas süßes bekommen dank Destiny. Und der schwule typ war auch da. 

PS: Was ist auf diesen USB-Stick dra
AJ_TE_BewertungGood Afternoon boys and girls,

PS: Was ist auf diesen USB-Stick drauf?
Mashallah diese Feedback du hast mir aus den Herzen gespricht. Vallah
May 21, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
good so far! can't wait to watch more
May 23, 2023 12:13 AM
May 2021
Somewhat of perfect pilot episode
Jun 3, 2023 12:40 AM
Feb 2021
What do you think about the development of the Unmie or destiny As the episodes pass Great waifu? 
Feb 17, 4:48 AM

Dec 2020
Seems like a simple plot.
Animation design and art are all very pretty though
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.