Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2008 8:27 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eva seems to sink even more, everytime she appears. I wonder if she'll ally with Roberto, since in the preview she seems to going after Tenma.
Nov 21, 2008 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
im hoping that eva dies
Nov 30, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Eva's descent is really pretty sad and pathetic. I feel sorry for her more than I hate her, to be honest. I mean, she has absolutely nothing of substance in her life and merely clings to a man who she broke up with ten years earlier.

I have a feeling that as the series goes along, Eva will do some more horrible things to make me hate her, but I still... for now at least, I like her a little bit more every time she shows up. Eva is growing on me.
Feb 10, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
unclesnapple said:
Eva's descent is really pretty sad and pathetic. I feel sorry for her more than I hate her, to be honest. I mean, she has absolutely nothing of substance in her life and merely clings to a man who she broke up with ten years earlier.

I have a feeling that as the series goes along, Eva will do some more horrible things to make me hate her, but I still... for now at least, I like her a little bit more every time she shows up. Eva is growing on me.
Yes, she is growing on me as well, I admire the way she is able to find ways to take care of herself.
Aug 10, 2009 10:05 AM

Jul 2009
I started to fell sorry for Eva during this episode - but then I remembered what a bitch she is and she deserved everything she got...and now she's a psycho stalker XD
Jan 27, 2010 12:32 PM

Sep 2009
Wow. Just wow. I don't know why, but I was locked to the screen the whole episode, barely breathing and not moving my eyes. Even though I knew what was going to happen all the time since this is just that night cast through a prism. Almost everything was self explaining here. Eva trying to get Kenzo back to her in the past and wandering homelessly around the city with a few bags now. However, I did not understand some of Roberto's actions. It was clear that he drank with Eva and stole her purse to destroy Johan's pictures, and later after missing them played a nice guy to find out where did she put photos. But what was not entirely clear, is why did Roberto doubt about killing her. Well, of course, he would just fuck her before doing that, and he did. But after that, sitting in an armchair. He was doubting. I wonder why... Is it because he usually follows Johan's exact orders? And kill her was not an order. Was it because he has feelings for her (very unlikely)? Or maybe he still sees a use in her. Finding out where the photos are. But in that case he would not doubt if he should kill her. He would let her stay alive until he finds the photos and then finish the job. I guess we will find this out in the next episode.
No sig :(
Nov 7, 2010 9:57 PM

Mar 2010
Zell182 said:
I started to fell sorry for Eva during this episode - but then I remembered what a bitch she is and she deserved everything she got...and now she's a psycho stalker XD
yeah
funny how tenma never noticed her

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 17, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, Eva is really lonely.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Mar 2009
Eva really sleeps around a lot..
Feb 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Jun 2011
hehe eva is a whoreeee
Mar 13, 2012 5:17 AM

Mar 2010
lol eva is crazy
May 31, 2012 4:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This chapter really shows how everything is important in this anime. Roberto, who seemed just a filler character in the last episode, is actually someone important in Johans organization.

Eva has it bad man. And to think that she can clear Tenma by testifying that she's seen Johan.
FarabeufMay 31, 2012 5:19 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 16, 2012 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
After this episode I came to the realization that every main character is beyond sanity in some way.

It really reminds me of the Meme "Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic"
Except in this show only the throw away characters show any form of neutrality. We follow the interesting and more extreme. Which makes for good tv :D
Sep 4, 2012 1:39 PM
Jul 2012
Holy shit,Eva is such an enormous slut,every single chapter when she is there is a chapter when she fucks up and goes bitching so much that is sad to watch such a hateful,horrible and especially lonely human being that Eva is.
Sep 18, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
Eva is annoying as fuck, she was bad enough when she was just slutting it up and blaming Tenma for all the murders but the fact that she knows he is innocent... What a bitch!
Oct 1, 2012 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
I've hated Eva from day one, so no matter how much she sinks I can't bring myself to pity her in the least. If she wasn't such a spoiled, gold digging, biotch to begin with, she wouldn't have ended up where she is because she never would have tromped on Tenma's heart to begin with. Karma's a bitch, bitch.
Nov 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Mar 2012
Man, Eva's hit rock bottom. It's kinda sad watching her.
Dec 17, 2012 7:14 AM

Feb 2012
Eva episode not so excited about this.

About Episode:

Why the heck Eva was in Jail did Lunge take Eva to jail or something I don't kind of understand this part yet. It's still same Eva. Oh so she was actually drunk in ally that's why they took him for jail. Haha seems like Eva's mans are done helping him. haha that's what you get Eva to be just person like that.

Roberto can be very strict against woman too bad for Eva but both has same evil nature inside of them. So Eva still saved those Photos of Tenma and her relationship maybe Tenma will take Eva back someday. So Eva also has seen Johan and only in year ago interesting. I am pretty sure Johan sensed Eva in there.

What's Roberto is going to do a Eva??

EPIC episode

5/5
Dec 22, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
Eva definitely still has feelings for Tenma and judging by that last scene, I don't think they'll meet again except maybe in the next world.
Jan 28, 2013 7:30 AM

Jan 2012
She is without fail one of the most annoying characters in anime. Oh God, why do they have to show her again?

Feb 23, 2013 10:11 PM
Aug 2011
Eva and Lunge should get married, and they should stalk Tenma together...lol.
Mar 3, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2010
Eva is really off her rocker, burning her house was a really bad idea
May 26, 2013 2:14 PM

Oct 2010
I've hated Eva since episode two, and I'll be damned if that's gonna change.
Jun 11, 2013 6:41 PM
Feb 2011
That soundtrack with Johan coming down the stairs = goosebumps.
Aug 18, 2013 6:46 AM
May 2012
I don't know if i should hate this bitch girl or feel sorry for her I mean she love Tenma but why the fuck did she leave him and she married and got divorced 3 times and she slept with other man while she keeps on saying she love Tenma and she can testify that Tenma is innocent because she saw Johann but she is not doing it I don't know what this girl really wants damn crazy girl is crazy.
Sep 27, 2013 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
another excellent episode as always ^^

tbh i kinda feel sorry for her. at first she was acting like a bitch and treating Tenma like crap and even threw her engagement ring from him.

she's even seeing her former lovers out of nowhere O___O

man Roberto is still alive!

shame Muller did died :(

wow Roberto slap the shit out of her!

it's also pretty crazy how Eva is still stalking Tenma in the shadows O__O

i feel sorry for the director girl that was supposed to meet Tenma :(

it really makes me hate her more, but at the same time i feel sad that she can only try to sabotage and nothing more :(

and wow she's also witness Johan herself! i didn't even knew she was following Tenma!!

stalkers can really be crazy!!!

and wow that damn Roberto obviously slept with her first and is about to kill her O__O

next episode is gonna be crazy as always!
Oct 2, 2013 11:07 PM

Apr 2012
oh i hope to god he kills her off
Nov 11, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
ok, this ep was interesting, got the chills when Johan appeared in front of Eva, i hate her but at the same im looking forward to what shes gonna do next
Nov 14, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
The more eva appears the more I dislike her

Its amazing how johan, a dangerous killer lacking empathy and lunge a deranged psychotic cop with an obsession with being right harming or using any who gets in his way are so much more likable than eva is

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2011
Why is she so damn ugly!? Sometimes she doesn't look half bad, but for the most of the time, Jesus.
Jan 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder why johan didn't killed her.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 22, 2014 4:45 PM
May 2013
I actually sorta like Eva. I don't really like her as a person but I do have some sympathy with her situation. I'm actually not sure how much of the story I understand. I think I have got the main parts but I do have some queries. For example... I have no idea when the Jupps/Jopps (my subs used both spellings) were added into the story, where is Dieter, didn't Lunge get fired? So if anyone could fill me in I'd really appreciate that. I like Lunge too, as a character. His single-mindedness could actually hinder Tenma, when really Lunge & Tenma are both presumably after the murderer, Johann, Lunge just hasn't worked it out yet.

Side note- not one person has mentioned Roberto physically abusing Eva but many people have mentioned Eva sleeping with multiple people. Go figure.
May 19, 2014 2:01 AM

Apr 2012
Damn Eva is a mess..... Not sure if I hate her or I feel bad for her. Maybe a little bit of both.
Crazy bitch is a walking cum dumpster lol

Jun 3, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2012
eva is a rotten bitch, but i didn't want her to die after it was revealed that she saw johan. while it's unlikely she'd ever vouch for tenma, she's one of the few people that has physically seen johan and /knows/ he exists and /knows/ tenma is innocent.
Aug 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
So no ones going to mention Al Green "Lets Stay Together" it's such a classic. It was so random but as soon as it started playing I already knew what time it was...Wow I'm impressed this was in a anime. I may have to up the score simply because of this.

Oct 4, 2014 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
Eva seems more and more pathetic every time I see her. Her controlling attitude stinks, and her incessant drinking and sleeping around doesn't give me much more empathy for her. Get over yourself already.

Still, it's nice to see another Monster episode after a few days.
Oct 24, 2014 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
parfaited said:

no, pls. Lunge is fucking badass while Eva is straight up annoying with a shit morals and mindset.

spyrocoot said:
I've hated Eva since episode two, and I'll be damned if that's gonna change.

This.
Dec 21, 2014 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
Screw Eva haters. I'm not saying she's nice or good but like Lunge she is a hella interesting character.
Dec 27, 2014 10:54 AM

Feb 2013
Eva can be really creepy at times but man, this episode.. I feel sorry for her :(
Jan 1, 2015 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
What a slut lol
Jan 10, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah she's a Bitch with a capital b and stalker!
Jan 31, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2013
I hate that fucking whorebag!

Can't believe that bitch ruined Tenma's date with that beautiful woman just because she wanted to have her way with him. Easily one of the most hateable anime characters I've ever seen.

Even though I hate Roberto, he's no where as near as bad as Eva. I hope Roberto kills her.

Great episode anyways. It was nice seeing episode 4 from another character's perspective.

8/10
OriginANIME said:
Why is she so damn ugly!? Sometimes she doesn't look half bad, but for the most of the time, Jesus.
Her body's okay but her face looks like an old hag's.

Mar 20, 2015 12:12 AM

Nov 2011
I can see why people hate her but maybe people are giving her too much stick, she needs to change though, i can see suicide in her future.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 29, 2015 3:06 AM
Nov 2014
Johan should have killed her right there in the spot when she saw him xD.
Jun 14, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2015
parfaited said:

Lol. Yesssssss.

danc93 said:
I actually sorta like Eva. I don't really like her as a person but I do have some sympathy with her situation. I'm actually not sure how much of the story I understand. I think I have got the main parts but I do have some queries. For example... I have no idea when the Jupps/Jopps (my subs used both spellings) were added into the story, where is Dieter, didn't Lunge get fired? So if anyone could fill me in I'd really appreciate that. I like Lunge too, as a character. His single-mindedness could actually hinder Tenma, when really Lunge & Tenma are both presumably after the murderer, Johann, Lunge just hasn't worked it out yet.

Side note- not one person has mentioned Roberto physically abusing Eva but many people have mentioned Eva sleeping with multiple people. Go figure.

No, Lunge didn't get fired. He was only taken off of the other cases.

Idk where Deiter is, but I miss him! I love children & Deiter stole my heart! There are so many children who face the abuse he had to deal w. Even as an anime character, my heart really went out to him on behalf children everywhere who have to put up w that.

What are the Jupps? Lol

& Ikr...I honestly don't see her sleeping around as much of a problem. I was more taken aback by that slap & how he grabbed her hair so domineeringly..like dude has serious problems..it was so sudden...

lovexLuffy said:
So no ones going to mention Al Green "Lets Stay Together" it's such a classic. It was so random but as soon as it started playing I already knew what time it was...Wow I'm impressed this was in a anime. I may have to up the score simply because of this.

You, sir, deserve an award.

DissonantSoul said:
I hate that fucking whorebag!

Can't believe that bitch ruined Tenma's date with that beautiful woman just because she wanted to have her way with him. Easily one of the most hateable anime characters I've ever seen.

Even though I hate Roberto, he's no where as near as bad as Eva. I hope Roberto kills her.

Great episode anyways. It was nice seeing episode 4 from another character's perspective.

8/10

Ikr! I was very disturbed at her doing that. Like how much do you have to hate yourself to go up to another woman & confess the things she said...that was awful...I probably would've began to hate her if Tenma actually cared. But he was so concerned about Mr. Jonkers, he was like "Oh, well. I'm going to the hospital." Lol. So that made me feel quite a bit better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I love this anime...it's so beautiful. I did not like that she was so down that she's starting to sleep around & stuff, although I can understand her hurt. She just isn't going about it in the right way. Which is understandable to a degree bc her rich father probably gave her everything she wanted. But how dare she try to plot the failure of another man just bc she didn't get what she wants...life does not work that way. I am so excited about what they are going to do w this.

Also, you guys must not watch the previews at the end?? The monster thing (drawings) at the end used to creep me out until I realized they were telling a story. But at the end of the credits, there is always a preview. I'm sure if Eva got shot, he would've done it in this episode & it would've been a recap in the next. But anyway...in the end preview after the credits...Eva is walking w a cane..I wouldn't be surprised if she did get shot & needs brain surgery from Dr. Tenma.
NiariMoonJun 14, 2015 12:35 PM
Jun 30, 2015 8:34 PM

Jun 2008
The fact that Johan saw Eva, but didn't kill her is really throwing me off. Especially after she heard the gunshots. Maybe it will be cleared up in future episodes.

Also, Eva sleeping with Roberto after he abused her is a little off. She wasn't completely sloppy drunk and still could think pretty logically. It must have been fear, but she seemed to being sleeping calmly for somebody just threatened.
Jul 10, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Jul 14, 2015 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
Even though I really don't like eva, she's turning out to be a great character. Like when she's finally realises that she's the reason tenma isn't coming back, sobers up, and goes after johan, or teams up with lunge, that's going to be epic! The last scene was very disturbing though...
Aug 13, 2015 4:08 AM

Dec 2013
She actually saw Johan and yet didn't tell the police? Pls just kill her!
Aug 29, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2012
bitch is still cray cray
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.