Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 24, 2021 9:41 PM

Mar 2016
hanae natsuki and minase inori's voices in that scene... umm help
semi-casual.
Jul 24, 2021 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
FoX2006 said:
I watched the first episode of this anime but I didn’t really like it do you think I should give it another chance ??

No, nothing change too much since episode 1

SHSL_simp said:
Remember when people thought this was BL? yea I wonder what they think now

Very disappointed. The fandom lied to me
ALOCJul 24, 2021 9:49 PM
Jul 24, 2021 10:20 PM
Feb 2017
That blood sucking scene was really done well. Also Domi wants that bbc.
Jul 25, 2021 6:10 AM
Mar 2021
Valphein said:
I don't really know if i should drop this or wait for the characters and the story to develop more tbh. I love the aesthetics, I think Vanitas and Noé are interesting characters and have potential but the romance takes up too much time and it doesn't really add much to the story imo. I don't think we needed the bloodsucking scene to be that long lmao but at least we got to see Vanitas' manipulative side more?

I agree with blood sucking, they even add more scene than the manga. That shoot Vanitas's legs trembled? And they show his throat after blood sucking? That's only in anime. I don't know why Bones makes all those scene so long but cut hints, some battle scene, some conversation, etc. The romance is not main focus, you definitely can still enjoy it even if you don't like romance. Next episode there will be flashback and no romance so we will know more about the character. I recommend you to watch at least until next episode. Or until episode 6 because you can say it will be the starting point of Noe and Vanitas journey together.
Alice0006Jul 25, 2021 6:46 AM
Jul 25, 2021 6:51 AM
Jul 2021
234Mannan said:
Anime_Novice75 said:
I've watched 4 episodes yet and I still understand what is Vanitas. Is he a human or a vampire born during a blue moon night ?? Plus this is my only second vampire based anime series, I'm not really sure if I should continue or drop it. Manga readers any suggestions?
To start with vanitas is indeed a human however his origins are not really clear at this point and it will be a huge spoiler to include them about your other statement. Yup continue. Its also a mystery anime so its natural to be confused about some things
Ok I'll continue then
Jul 25, 2021 6:54 AM
Jul 2021
brvshn said:
Anime_Novice75 said:
I've watched 4 episodes yet and I still understand what is Vanitas. Is he a human or a vampire born during a blue moon night ?? Plus this is my only second vampire based anime series, I'm not really sure if I should continue or drop it. Manga readers any suggestions?
I recommend you try the manga, at first it did not convince me since I do not like anime / vampire manga, but ... wow the manga is really incredible and the drawing, the costume details and the expressions are on another level, history promises.

Regarding the story, the author leaves clues here and there without fully explaining it, and it is not uncommon for the author to do this kind of thing, if you read Pandora Hearts (the same author as Vanitas no Carte) you will know what I am talking about. In Pandora Hearts there were clues and clues, but not much was explained, however in the end it all ended up making sense and the story did not leave a single thread loose.

I feel like the author is doing the same with Vanitas no Carte, hints here and there, but that in the end it will all make sense and there will be big twists like in Pandora Hearts. If you are interested in reading it, I recommend starting from chapter 2, since the anime has skipped things about Noé, which will be very important for the future of the story.

In my opinion the anime is not portraying the dark side that the manga projects. I recommend the manga highly.

For example, in the anime the possession mark looks like a tattoo (I understand that the anime can't capture every detail that the manga has), but in the manga the cracks really show the impact it's having on him.

You can see how looks the mark of possession in the manga here: https://ibb.co/THtdMP6
I read the manga as well. It has really cool character designs. I really liked Vanitas' design its awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jul 25, 2021 4:46 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Those blood-sucking scenes were so erotic and I love them.
Usually, I question why they make vampire scenes like that in some anime because surely it would be very painful to have someone sucking your blood from your neck, but in this case, it's pretty damn hot and this anime continues to impress me.
Jul 26, 2021 9:25 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was full of sucking.

Damn, that was a longer session of moaning XD

Noe is there having a really hard time with that Charlaton and there's Vanitas enjoying being sucked...

That's some nice neck tho...
Rickydory123Jul 26, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 26, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2019
I love the way they animated Demi's and Noé's scene and also obviously Jeanne's, but I'm not really a fan of this pacing. They are leaving way too many scenes that may seem of minor interest but that give you a better idea of the reason of each character's actions and how they might be thinking, which I think is one of the major themes in this series. I hope they improve it in that aspect, but I'm not too sure they'll do it.
Jul 26, 2021 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
All this blood sucking...how erotic OwO

Luca is a cute kid when he's not a brat. I'd like it if Noe and him become friends.

The color scheme of this anime is just *chefs kiss* gorgeous colors. No matter what is happening on screen, my eyes are having a feast lol.

I still love the nightmare fuel that is Charlatan also the plague doctor masks (giving me Fire Force vibes)
Jul 27, 2021 6:52 AM
Nov 2020
So, the story so far is being really. but reaaally good, the pace is always something you'll never get bored. I still don't know why it has to be so erotic when they suck the blood, ain't compaining tho.

Esta serie trata sobre antojar y nadie puede convencerme de lo contrario bfdndbf
Jul 27, 2021 8:18 PM
Jan 2019
i am fujo. Well, I think Vanitas is jealous of Noe and Domi... if you're a fujo and disappointed with this anime, it means you haven't read/watched anime/manga x1999. who doesn't know Kamui and Fuuma are a couple but each has a 'woman' in love. and for you otaku is ok with vanitas and jeanenet thoughts, noe domi but don't think you guys are right, we are wrong.

Let's have fun in our own way.
Jul 28, 2021 12:01 AM

Mar 2020
azia_zarah said:
i am fujo. Well, I think Vanitas is jealous of Noe and Domi... if you're a fujo and disappointed with this anime, it means you haven't read/watched anime/manga x1999. who doesn't know Kamui and Fuuma are a couple but each has a 'woman' in love. and for you otaku is ok with vanitas and jeanenet thoughts, noe domi but don't think you guys are right, we are wrong.

Can u stop trolling with a fake account? Pretty low level bait i presume i guess
234MannanJul 28, 2021 7:45 AM
Jul 28, 2021 12:33 AM
Jan 2019
azia_zarah said:

Can u stop trolling with a fake account? Pretty low level bait i presume i guess

not i m , is not fake accuont.
what do you think of my tolling words? can you explain?
azia_zarahJul 28, 2021 12:41 AM
Jul 28, 2021 6:09 AM

Mar 2021
azia_zarah said:

I wanna see your reactions of jeannexvani scenes so bad XD. Lets see how you lose hope haha

Jul 28, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2020
azia_zarah said:

not i m , is not fake accuont.
what do you think of my tolling words? can you explain?
Everyone will believe this is a fake account and you are trolling, because you don't have a list of anime that you have watched and also your forum post is only 4. so don't try to lie. Did you read Manga?? it doesn't matter you are Fujoshi but you look just living in your fantasy.
Jul 28, 2021 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
Holy Lord that Ending scene was POWERFUL...and HOT AF!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 30, 2021 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode. I started to like more Vanitas. That last scene where Jeanne is sucking Vanitas blood👍
Jul 30, 2021 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
Hmm, the comedy is not annoying anymore. Weird.

It looks normal that it's so erotic to see Jeanne getting Vanitas blood sucked or maybe is just him.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 30, 2021 3:59 PM

Aug 2020
Daaang, that was heavy, tragic and sad and wow, that brilliant voice acting... Now I have no doubts that Vanitas will really be killed at the end of the story. Domi and especially Noe were so pure and adorable when they were young, I couldn't help smiling watching them. It is unfortunate what they went through, all their friends being killed and then in the end Louis gets killed without his wish getting fulfilled. Noe was suffering so much from what happened.

Jul 30, 2021 5:16 PM
Mar 2018
These Jeanne scenes are getting out of hand...

Honestly, lowkey confused about everything, but still interesting to watching it all unfold.

Jul 30, 2021 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
the derition was amazing that flashback was this my god it's surprised every episode.
Jul 31, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2015
Ahrum said:

Just a heads-up, but you wrote this in the wrong discussion thread.
Aug 2, 2021 7:25 PM
May 2016
Damn those were some hot and intense blood sucking scenes, better than hentai.
Aug 3, 2021 2:02 PM

Apr 2018
Damn that fan service tho, cant complain about that. I didnt expect Vanitas to announce himself like that in the open lol. Looks like things have gotten a bit sticky after Vanitas announced himself.
Aug 10, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2021
the masquerade party and the appearance of Charlatan, it looks like the main villains are starting to show, the bloodsucking scene looks very hot and it looks like Vanitas really enjoys being sucked in by Jeanne LOL.
Aug 10, 2021 10:01 PM

May 2021
Blood sucking longer than I imagined and it seems Domi and Vanitas really enjoy being sucked blood, finally Charlatan's first appearance
Aug 15, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
Only in anime lol. Only in anime
Aug 23, 2021 7:24 AM

Jan 2021
GOD DAMN that sucking scene.....

Honestly I don't understand much of the plot because I'm not really paying attention,, but at the same time I'm really enjoying this anime sm
Sep 4, 2021 2:05 PM

Jul 2019
Exposes true intent for a second time. As usual, what a damn legend.

Even let Jeanne take some of his blood. This man sure is something.

Just waiting on wtf will go down next.
Sep 5, 2021 6:56 PM

Oct 2017
Alice0006 said:
This is a really really personal complain. There are reasons why Vanitas said to Jeanne, "I don't care much what happen" and he want to know how it feels to be sucked by someone he "love". In manga, author show it by showing us memories of Vanitas. But in here, there is non of that memory. If the constraint is time, they should shorter the sucking blood scene, and show the memory.

I read the director interview that he really aware there are a lot of hints in Vanitas no Carte, why he is aware but doesn't show the hint? Sigh. I mean, this is mystery anime, if you don't show the hint, people won't wondering ヽ( `д´*)ノ

Other than that, it's good enough.

Well I was confused as hell as to why he let her drink his blood - so i don't think its a personal complain, cause if there was a memory as to why he wanted that to happen - that would of helped to know of it - cause it felt really random, no matter how dramatic, it was still random as shit and out of the blue
Sep 5, 2021 10:21 PM
Mar 2021
GodOfWolves said:
Alice0006 said:
This is a really really personal complain. There are reasons why Vanitas said to Jeanne, "I don't care much what happen" and he want to know how it feels to be sucked by someone he "love". In manga, author show it by showing us memories of Vanitas. But in here, there is non of that memory. If the constraint is time, they should shorter the sucking blood scene, and show the memory.

I read the director interview that he really aware there are a lot of hints in Vanitas no Carte, why he is aware but doesn't show the hint? Sigh. I mean, this is mystery anime, if you don't show the hint, people won't wondering ヽ( `д´*)ノ

Other than that, it's good enough.

Well I was confused as hell as to why he let her drink his blood - so i don't think its a personal complain, cause if there was a memory as to why he wanted that to happen - that would of helped to know of it - cause it felt really random, no matter how dramatic, it was still random as shit and out of the blue

So I am not the only one who think so.
In manga, when Domi said Vanitas worship Vanitas of The Blue Moon, there is flashback of a bloody hand reach out for moon (This is most likely Vanitas's memories). Then Vanitas immediately decide to announce that he is Vanitas without thinking much, most likely he is affected by what Domi said. It's also the same with why he let Jeanne suck his blood. When he said "I don't care much what happen" to Jeanne, there is flashback of when Domi said he worship Vanitas of The Blue Moon and when he announce that he is Vanitas.
I think he is the type of person who will do drastic things/get angry when you trigger him and this is one of example.
Sep 8, 2021 8:17 AM
Oct 2019
this series is just "ok" or "fine"
Sep 12, 2021 1:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The Bal masqué part was really interesting, the characters are already developing some good bonds, but wow that "Charlatan" opponents at the end, the situation looks quite tense tbh
Sep 17, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
Poor Jeanne. I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for her.
Vantias is a whole menace.
Sep 22, 2021 10:55 PM
Feb 2020
I never understand why a vampire sucking someone's blood is so erotic, I mean there's no reason for it to be so sexy but it still feels like it,
Oct 5, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2020
Excited and the scene Vanitas and Jeanne, A couple date in top floor meanwhile a big fight in bottom floor. Vanitas be like : ahh kimochi desu
Oct 28, 2021 10:30 AM

Oct 2019
Quite an exciting episode. So Vanitas-the-human seeks revenge against Vanitas-the-vampire. I frankly did not expect that. In some sense the infamous kiss scene of the previous episode was reversed in this one, except this time it was consensual.

Jeanne is way too cute and hot, and being voiced by Minase Inori (I think a perfect seiyū for her) makes her also sound cute af. Hanae Natsuki also voices Vanitas with enough arrogance to overfill the screen. But it seems there are reasons for his apparent arrogance, his flamboyant style and creepy character which are to be disclosed later. Something related to Vanitas-the-vampire I would presume.

As for Charlatan they(?) also infiltrated that supposedly secure vampire castle. Charlatan might or might not be a kind of vampire parasite that uses vampires as hosts; or that's just an illusion, we shall see. As for Noe he has largely been overshadowed by Vanitas, perhaps intentionally. We learned more about his past but not enough yet. His relationship to his mentor and 'something' that affected him greatly when he was a child.

One final note about the vampires of this story: unless I misunderstood it appears that they -or some of them like Noe- can drink vampire blood with no issues whatsoever, perhaps even for sustenance; vampire blood does not poison or kill them. They also grow normally from vampire children to vampire adults, i.e. their growing does not 'freeze' when they become vampires and apparently they are born as vampires as well. So vampires must not be sterile in this story.

They also have zero issues with sunlight and do not need to wear special rings made by witches, as far as I can tell, to withstand the Sun. All the above are contrary to just about the entire vampiric lore... since at least Bram Stoker. I mean do they die of old age as well or are they (at least) biologically immortal? :S If they also die of old age then their only 'vampiric' parts would be their need for blood (any blood?) and their enhanced strength. It's almost as if the story goes deliberately against the entire established vampiric lore, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Nov 2, 2021 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
That was hot not gonna lie

Nov 8, 2021 7:42 PM

Mar 2014
So the performer's similarities to that troupe that was spreading curses wasn't just a coincidence...

We finally have some more insight into Vanitas' motivations. Vengeance. A lot of things make more sense about his character now.
Nov 17, 2021 3:24 AM

Aug 2019
Well its a vampire anime so i expected blood sucking....but not at this level...its has turned into fan service.....and vanitas has awakened new fetish now....
Dec 15, 2021 9:47 PM

May 2016
That was best episode so far Vanitas character starts to grow on me, also that sucking scene.
Jan 14, 2022 8:23 PM
May 2021
The feeding scene.

That was pretty up there.
Feb 15, 2022 1:22 AM

Oct 2021
Who would have thought that blood sucking scenes can be this much...
Feb 15, 2022 5:04 PM

May 2021
That was some pretty intense high-quality blood-sucking there.

Apr 18, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2013
I guess it makes sense for Vanitas to use Vanitas' name and his book to cure bampirs instead of corrupting them if he hates Vanitas for marking him? Alright one of these two should change names ffs. Also why did Charlatan reveal themselves a bit too early? Kinda unusual is all.
Apr 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Vanitas sure is an enigma, never ceases to surprise me with his ridiculous actions. Well interesting to learn that he wants to save the vampires as revenge to the actual Vanitas who hates them.

Jun 18, 2022 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed Jeanne sucking Vanitas' blood but he probably enjoyed it more seeing he explicitly gave her consent to do so and that look and blushed face he got while he was being violated by her. lol
So it was a reverse this time but Vampire style huh...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 5, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is down horrendous and I love it
Aug 10, 2022 1:24 PM
Nov 2018
I thouht ep.4 was very exiting! I'm also reading the manga and I just love seeing Vanitas doing crazy shit. Tbh I kinda got goosebumbs when he was standing oln the chandelier and well.. the scene after that he has with Jeanne Q~Q
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.