Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2021 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Cathen99 said:
DonutCloud said:
I'm getting more interested about the world after watching the episode 3.
People are saying here that they are rushing things oh no. Just I started to get interested in the world

Except for a certain explanation (that they can very well add later, as some have already mentioned), the scenes cut aren't detrimental to the anime as a whole. It's just that for most people who has read the manga, it's likely to be disappointing when things aren't as expected. It's only natural to compare the two, after all.

As an anime-only watcher, I don't think you need to be worried.
The material they will be working with will most likely make it so that they'll adapt around 2 chapters per episode going forward. At least, that's my guess.

Thank you for telling me this. I'm now less worried, thank you.
I hope everything goes ok and I can enjoy the show.
Jul 16, 2021 2:42 PM

Mar 2020
It was a mixed bad for me. But i guess cutting in the start is okay considering this is the weakest part of the whole manga and all the explanations are made later on. By the way the important scenes were charlatan prade which was done well and the kiss. Other then that i hope they dont cut that much later on in the story...Especially the fight scenes!!!
3/5 for this episode though however this is only from the manga reader point of view. I think the anime onlies will not have that much of an issue with this
Jul 16, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
Kudos to voice actors for this episode, Hanae Natsuki nailed Vanitas's fake-dramatic voice.

I am sad they ended up cutting some stuff. The thing with Mochizuki's work is that it's a building mystery; something unimportant now may end up actually being foreshadowing later on. Well, the comedy probably won't be it but it's still enjoyable.
They didn't say that Jeanne was put into an induced slumber before Ruthven woke her up and they shortened Noe's flashback. Probably the most alarming change is the absence of very crucial world explanation, but as others said it's not too late to focus on that later.

On the brighter side, the animation was as nice as always. If I had to nitpick I would say that Charlatan's parade looked way spookier in the manga. The scene when Charlatan appeared behind her should have been done like a horror scene with creepy music in the background. Everything else is great. We finally got to see Domi and can't wait for more of her.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 16, 2021 3:27 PM

Apr 2020
Plstce said:
nyaaaaaaaaaa15 said:
They made well that kiss scene, and, Domi is here!!

Sorry for bothering but where is that gif from? You also have her as your pofile picture :0
I took the gifs from the tumblr blog VanitasnoShuki and joined them. Also, my profile picture is Leo, not Domi. Just in (the oddest) case, if you are asking for the name of the character/anime, precisely, she is Dominique de Sade from The Case Study of Vanitas.
Jul 16, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2018
We saw a lot of new things, pretty interesting and informative.
Pretty good episode, comedy was amazing too. And the FANSERVICE scene. That was some next level shit.
Well Noe has some interesting, special powers.
Domi's design is cool, reminds me of Amagi Brilliant Park xD
And now they're in the ''vampire'' Paris I guess.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2020
Shimai_ni said:
Kudos to voice actors for this episode, Hanae Natsuki nailed Vanitas's fake-dramatic voice.

I am sad they ended up cutting some stuff. The thing with Mochizuki's work is that it's a building mystery; something unimportant now may end up actually being foreshadowing later on. Well, the comedy probably won't be it but it's still enjoyable.
They didn't say that Jeanne was put into an induced slumber before Ruthven woke her up and they shortened Noe's flashback. Probably the most alarming change is the absence of very crucial world explanation, but as others said it's not too late to focus on that later.

On the brighter side, the animation was as nice as always. If I had to nitpick I would say that Charlatan's parade looked way spookier in the manga. The scene when Charlatan appeared behind her should have been done like a horror scene with creepy music in the background. Everything else is great. We finally got to see Domi and can't wait for more of her.
Well thats why they are taking priority in adapting the dialouges and information more..Well I am a bit disappointed but i guess it was necessary.In any case considering this is the weakest part of the manga, I dont really mind that much cutting. But I hope they nail the most important scenes in the story especially the piano one with chloe in the second half!
Jul 16, 2021 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
That kiss was so unexpected, but that Jeanne blush is just so precious!

Amelia's memory was absolutely horrifying, not surprising why she doesn't remember or want to remember it. That's traumatically creepy! Charlatan literally devoured her head...

This new girl Domi is great, I love her and I instantly recognized her voice. I give them that much, they know how to characters look great!

I love this alternative world Paris. Or vampire world I should say.
Jul 16, 2021 4:10 PM

Feb 2020
that kiss was pretty yikes but people have said that they're love interests so hopefully there's mutual feelings later and not just sexual harassment

i haven't read the manga but it felt a bit rushed to me.. well the next part in the vampire world looks cool so I won't complain
Jul 16, 2021 4:20 PM

Nov 2019
EeveeRosa said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:
it is needed to build a romance between the two later, and that is the beginning.

You didn't understand, I said the kiss was bizarre because they didn't have any chemistry, they didn't know each other before, and it seemed like the guy forced it, it was almost like a harassment, because he didn't even ask, it was totally one-sided, even if she liked it, it was just a consequence.

It was more to portray the character of Vanitas. You aren't supposed to take him for a good guy straight off the bat; or even if he is, he has a horrible personality.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 16, 2021 4:25 PM
Nov 2014
Laplace_kun said:
EeveeRosa said:

You didn't understand, I said the kiss was bizarre because they didn't have any chemistry, they didn't know each other before, and it seemed like the guy forced it, it was almost like a harassment, because he didn't even ask, it was totally one-sided, even if she liked it, it was just a consequence.

It was more to portray the character of Vanitas. You aren't supposed to take him for a good guy straight off the bat; or even if he is, he has a horrible personality.

It unfortunately portrays the character of the onlookers as people who aren't calling Vanitas out on this shit.
Jul 16, 2021 4:28 PM

Aug 2020
Vanitas and Jeanne kiss scene was crazy yet I loved it. I dig those types of silly romance moments.

also Noe biting into Amelia was a very interesting way to get information of her memories, but at least it worked.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Nov 2019
Naygen said:

It unfortunately portrays the character of the onlookers as people who aren't calling Vanitas out on this shit.

That's why they call him a jerk; Dante did probably question the nature of his client before, but his job is to get paid.
And Vanitas kissed The Executioner, a feared monster, so the unfortunate thing is that there might be actually people protesting if she were a normal woman. Vanitas takes full advantage of this situation.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 16, 2021 4:49 PM
Sep 2020
This episode was almost perfectly made, the kiss, the comedy and still that freaking scary ass parade, next ep I’m waiting
Jul 16, 2021 5:50 PM

Jun 2019
The impression that I have gotten from these 3 episodes is that this is a decent anime that feels like it is lacking something. It has all the makings of a top debut, but I never find myself thinking about it after an episode airs or look forward to the next one.

As far as this episode is concerned, the Vanitas & Jeanne stuff was a bit much, I liked the horror aspect of the memory sequence, and traveling to the Vampire realm should be interesting.
Jul 16, 2021 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
God damn can we talk about the OST during Jeanne and Vanitus' moment please? HOLY SHIT IT WAS AMAZING

Great freaking episode AGAIN!

I ship the hell out of these two.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2014
Laplace_kun said:
Suddenly this adaptation seemed to be in a hurry. One who binged 2 and 3 episodes together would notice how the tables turned way too early, for skipping the fight scene. The astermite stuff can be explained later, as they already said it's name in the first episode.

Otherwise, fun episode that bounces between frivolous comedy and deep darkness like crazy. Vanitas' pro gamer move on Jeanne was of course, the best part; and Noé in the distance wondering wtf was going on was hilarious. The animation of Charlatan was great tho.
Sade's voice tho! We might be getting some real good voice acting the coming episodes.
If I remember things right from reading the manga, the fight didn't have much relevance in the manga either, it was just an introduction for Jeanne and Luca

SnowBrightt said:
I'm propably dumb, but why did Vanitas kiss Jeanne? Was some motive behind it?
As stated by the others, "a massive jerk".

EeveeRosa said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:
it is needed to build a romance between the two later, and that is the beginning.

Vanitas is just a huge jerk and from what I know, doesn't know when to realize personal boundaries, he is eccentric and can be very much straightforward and daring. Reason why he did it? ...Even I don't know to this day even if I read the manga, it really did come off as one-sided and Vanitas, as I said before, is a huge jerk majority of times. We aren't supposed to like him from the start, but sadly, I am one of those victims.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2021 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
I think the way of acting in vanitas is very stylish with its power joining the book is even better, Noé with a bride that despite that and only a childhood friend, with this very interesting episode ending the scenario is very cool.
Jul 16, 2021 6:28 PM

Oct 2020
EeveeRosa said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

Yeah maybe he's just a jerk for kissing her without a clear motive, btw I'm also a Manga reader, but after the kiss somehow the relationship between the two became closer and built chemistry between the two, that's why I said it was just the beginning.
Jul 16, 2021 6:33 PM
Dec 2018
TheOneOfSeven said:
Laplace_kun said:
Suddenly this adaptation seemed to be in a hurry. One who binged 2 and 3 episodes together would notice how the tables turned way too early, for skipping the fight scene. The astermite stuff can be explained later, as they already said it's name in the first episode.

Otherwise, fun episode that bounces between frivolous comedy and deep darkness like crazy. Vanitas' pro gamer move on Jeanne was of course, the best part; and Noé in the distance wondering wtf was going on was hilarious. The animation of Charlatan was great tho.
Sade's voice tho! We might be getting some real good voice acting the coming episodes.
If I remember things right from reading the manga, the fight didn't have much relevance in the manga either, it was just an introduction for Jeanne and Luca

SnowBrightt said:
I'm propably dumb, but why did Vanitas kiss Jeanne? Was some motive behind it?
As stated by the others, "a massive jerk".

EeveeRosa said:

Vanitas is just a huge jerk and from what I know, doesn't know when to realize personal boundaries, he is eccentric and can be very much straightforward and daring. Reason why he did it? ...Even I don't know to this day even if I read the manga, it really did come off as one-sided and Vanitas, as I said before, is a huge jerk majority of times. We aren't supposed to like him from the start, but sadly, I am one of those victims.

I say this in a way to not spoil the anime-onlys; Vanitas has a shitty personality but he’s not a horrible person. Of course, there was no reason to kiss her in that moment, he simply felt like he wanted to and to startle her. Saying the kiss is unnecessary because it’s random is like saying water is wet. The very act of kissing your enemy on a battlefield when they had every mean to kill you is ludicrous that is very much the answer there. It’s not really about chemistry in that sense and even then chemistry is not confided to just platonic and romantic relationships.
Jul 16, 2021 6:45 PM

Oct 2019
Damn....the kiss scene
Jul 16, 2021 6:58 PM

Jul 2019
So, we got more hint to Noe's background. Lol, him being dragged back is funny. The comedy in this episode was good. It was presented logically imo overall. I have feeling that the monster that killed the cured vampire is related to the vampire agency in Paris. Kind of predictable but whatever.

Vantias. Oh man. This dude knows what he's doing and how to flatter people. Extremely smart, to say the least. If the narrative, characters, and animation keeps up, it's easily the show of the season!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 16, 2021 7:28 PM
Mar 2019
About the kiss -- there's a part in the manga, soon after, in which Vanitas remarks that he "doesn't really care what happens to him right now."

It's one of those slower moments when things get dark for a moment, implying that his eccentric behaviors are part of some picture we don't know about yet.

It's not exactly clear why Vanitas kisses Jeanne, but one could assume that he is somewhat helpless and devalues himself.
Jul 16, 2021 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
I loved that kiss scene. It took Jeanne completely by surprise.
Jul 16, 2021 9:10 PM

Apr 2020
The true power of Vanitas, DISTRACTION.

From spitting out facts of his powers to buy time for the wolf vampire to come and attack Jeanne from behind; to using the weirdest confession in the entire anime history to hide the fact that he deployed some sort of magic on Jeanne. And how? HOW?! That kiss scene was the weirdest but hey I don't mind I liked it.

How nice. They got willingly isekai'd to an alternate Paris. Looking forward to seeing what this alternate world is about in the next episode.
Jul 16, 2021 11:26 PM
May 2017
That unnecessarily long forced kiss scene was really uncomfortable but she was all blushy-blushy afterwards so it's okay!
Jul 16, 2021 11:33 PM

Jun 2020
Altus looks so sick, I can’t wait to see more of it.

Noe is so fucking cute, I love him. That leash is so hot. Lol @ Kaito going Domi~~Domi~

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 16, 2021 11:35 PM

Mar 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
The impression that I have gotten from these 3 episodes is that this is a decent anime that feels like it is lacking something. It has all the makings of a top debut, but I never find myself thinking about it after an episode airs or look forward to the next one.

As far as this episode is concerned, the Vanitas & Jeanne stuff was a bit much, I liked the horror aspect of the memory sequence, and traveling to the Vampire realm should be interesting.
Well the starting is basically the intro of the whole world and characters and nothing else for the most part.(In other words nothing major happens) The second half of the first cour and the 2nd cour as a whole is where things get rolling and the main story gets revealed.(Especially the 2nd half which will cover the first major arc of the series). It has alot of mystery and plot twists as well so what its missing is plot progression right now(Tbh i didnt really liked the starting of the story that much myself)
As for the kiss scene, it shows various aspects of vanitas character..he is dark and he actuaally doesnt have geniune affection for jeanne, its just amusing to him not to mention it peaks his curiousity.
234MannanJul 17, 2021 2:14 AM
Jul 17, 2021 12:04 AM

Jul 2016
Wonder if people will keep whining about Noé and Vanitas' sexual orientation after this episode.

Damn. Vanitas sure is a jerk, huh? Using Luca to extort Jeanne and while being at it, also taking the opportunity to force his way into her mouth in a clearly unwanted french kiss. Personally, not the best way to start building a potential romance between two characters but well.

Other than that, it was another nice episode. Noé's descent into Amelia's memories as well as the portrayal of Charlatan's parade were fantastic and easily, my favorite sequences in the episode.
By the way, Noé unnecessarily licking Amelia's arm before biting into it was quite hot.

Looking forward to seeing how Altus Paris is like!
Jul 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Aug 2020
This anime just keeps getting more and more interesting! I'm enjoying how unpredictable Vanitas is and what a roller coaster ride the plot is with it's quick changes between humor and the darker vibes. I can't wait for next ep to see what Altus is like and why Domi wants to separate Noe & Vanitas... Sus af.

Amelia's memory scene was f***ing terrifying! Charleton is hella creepy *shivers*. Noe has one truly amazing power, being able to read someone's memories like that

And remember kids, it's sexual assault unless some handsome guy does it

Jul 17, 2021 12:15 AM

Dec 2020
my fucking god poor girl first she got beat up, the kid she's taking care of was threatened, then got kissed by the guy that beat her up😭😭 vanitas needs to get laid tf my guy fell in love after seeing a girl tearing up
Jul 17, 2021 1:01 AM
Jul 2021
Honestly, as someone that loves this manga and Jun Mochizuki's works, I can't get behind this episode.

Alright, I will go through the positive first, because even though I didn't like how this episode was handled overall, I had one thing I really liked. That was the Charlatan Parade scene, it really did an excellent job in what it set out to do, which was disturb and creep you out, I loved it, the shots, the voice acting. SPOILER NAME was absolutely terrifying, and I loved that.

But this episode was totally rushed. Content was cut everywhere, in what I can only assume was an attempt to get to the Bal Masque arc faster, but rushing an already complicated and confusing story is going to do nothing but confuse those viewers even more. Jun Mochizuki's stories shine when viewers are able to take the time to ponder over and appreciate them. In my opinion this episode should have added more to the fight and details of the story, and ended with Dominique's introduction. Going to Altus should have happened in the next episode.

Now the elephant in the room, the Vanitas and Jeanne kissing scene. I understand the intention, Vanitas is a jerk, and thinks himself despicable and disgusting, so he acts in such a way that makes people despise and hate him. The kiss scene does a great job of showing the jerkish side of Vanitas, and does tell the viewers that though he's technically the protagonist and "hero" of the story, he isn't exactly a man of strong moral character. But I think the animation went too far. The scene lasted far too long, and the cuts to the other character's reactions seemed like a cheap attempt to try to lighten a frankly disgusting action. Yes, I know it's almost 1:1 with the manga, but you're also able to get through the scene much faster then the anime's version. When I was watching that scene, it gave me the same vibes as the infamous Asuna scenes from SAO (You know the ones). Not something I wanted to be feeling in an adaptation of one of my favorite stories. This is one scene that I felt should have been severely shortened, skipping Vanitas' creepy licking of Jeanne, skipping the reaction of the other characters, and instead going straight into his confession, immediately followed by Luca's retaliation. The point was made immediately when Vanitas kissed Jeanne without consent, everything else was totally unnecessary and disturbing.

Thankfully, there should be no other scenes like that coming, but I think I will opt to skip this episode in preference of reading the manga when I eventually rewatch.
NotenotchJul 17, 2021 1:05 AM
Jul 17, 2021 1:29 AM

Jul 2015
3 eps in and still boring :D
Jul 17, 2021 1:45 AM
Feb 2009
I don’t understand why you guys should turn on full SJW mode, trying to fit the kissing scene into modern western puritanical moral norms. It is normal to try to kill a person, but kissing without a notarized written consent is the end of the world and the collapse of all bright ideals, heh?
Jul 17, 2021 1:59 AM

Sep 2015
234Mannan said:

Please remember to spoiler tag things like this. I know you probably didn't think about it and just wanted to explain, but some anime-onlys might not want to know this.
Jul 17, 2021 2:10 AM

Sep 2015
Eraser_stp said:
I don’t understand why you guys should turn on full SJW mode, trying to fit the kissing scene into modern western puritanical moral norms. It is normal to try to kill a person, but kissing without a notarized written consent is the end of the world and the collapse of all bright ideals, heh?

I don't think barely anyone has actually reacted the way you insinuate, so I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Either way, I might be one of the people you refer to since I said that I found the whole scene creepy. And while I don't agree with the people who's said otherwise, we all have different interpretations at the end of the day.
Jul 17, 2021 2:15 AM

Nov 2014
uenoyama said:
Three episodes in and still developing world-building :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2021 2:19 AM

Mar 2020
Notenotch said:
Honestly, as someone that loves this manga and Jun Mochizuki's works, I can't get behind this episode.

Alright, I will go through the positive first, because even though I didn't like how this episode was handled overall, I had one thing I really liked. That was the Charlatan Parade scene, it really did an excellent job in what it set out to do, which was disturb and creep you out, I loved it, the shots, the voice acting. SPOILER NAME was absolutely terrifying, and I loved that.

But this episode was totally rushed. Content was cut everywhere, in what I can only assume was an attempt to get to the Bal Masque arc faster, but rushing an already complicated and confusing story is going to do nothing but confuse those viewers even more. Jun Mochizuki's stories shine when viewers are able to take the time to ponder over and appreciate them. In my opinion this episode should have added more to the fight and details of the story, and ended with Dominique's introduction. Going to Altus should have happened in the next episode.

Now the elephant in the room, the Vanitas and Jeanne kissing scene. I understand the intention, Vanitas is a jerk, and thinks himself despicable and disgusting, so he acts in such a way that makes people despise and hate him. The kiss scene does a great job of showing the jerkish side of Vanitas, and does tell the viewers that though he's technically the protagonist and "hero" of the story, he isn't exactly a man of strong moral character. But I think the animation went too far. The scene lasted far too long, and the cuts to the other character's reactions seemed like a cheap attempt to try to lighten a frankly disgusting action. Yes, I know it's almost 1:1 with the manga, but you're also able to get through the scene much faster then the anime's version. When I was watching that scene, it gave me the same vibes as the infamous Asuna scenes from SAO (You know the ones). Not something I wanted to be feeling in an adaptation of one of my favorite stories. This is one scene that I felt should have been severely shortened, skipping Vanitas' creepy licking of Jeanne, skipping the reaction of the other characters, and instead going straight into his confession, immediately followed by Luca's retaliation. The point was made immediately when Vanitas kissed Jeanne without consent, everything else was totally unnecessary and disturbing.

Thankfully, there should be no other scenes like that coming, but I think I will opt to skip this episode in preference of reading the manga when I eventually rewatch.
My thoughts exactly. I think instead of giving us a glimpse of vanitas book for 20 seconds and prolonging the kiss scene, they could have just added the fight scene.or the dialouge in which vanitas gives insight to his self hatered....As much as i love vanitas i myself felt disgusted with the scene ngl but at the same time i guess it was an important moment to give us insight to vanitas dark nature which i didnt felt until i read chapter 9 even though it was potrayed in the start. I do hope they dont cut to much ahead though considering these parts werent really important to the story and they are almost done with the introduction now but till now the adaptation has been great. Nothing major is skipped.
234MannanJul 17, 2021 2:26 AM

Oct 2008
nice kissing scene! at least not torrid kiss LOLZ!
4/5.

Mar 2020
Cathen99 said:
234Mannan said:

Please remember to spoiler tag things like this. I know you probably didn't think about it and just wanted to explain, but some anime-onlys might not want to know this.
Thanks for pointing out, I have added the tag
Jul 17, 2021 2:22 AM

Mar 2020
uenoyama said:
3 episodes of just introductions and no story progression and still recieving a positive reception...yeah..
Jul 17, 2021 6:34 AM

Jun 2021
Another solid episode.

Artistic direction continues to be top quality; however, it's becoming more obvious that the overall direction is definitely geared towards female audiences (which is probably the more profitable way of directing this show).

I've enjoyed this so far, but not sure if I will be able to watch 2 cours of this. But I'm still onboard as of right now.
Jul 17, 2021 7:19 AM

Mar 2020
Erotaku_ said:
Another solid episode.

Artistic direction continues to be top quality; however, it's becoming more obvious that the overall direction is definitely geared towards female audiences (which is probably the more profitable way of directing this show).

I've enjoyed this so far, but not sure if I will be able to watch 2 cours of this. But I'm still onboard as of right now.
Well the 2nd cour adapts the best arc of the manga and the first arc just introduces the characters and the world and nothing else.. So yeah I would urge u to stick around till then.(Its a show that can be enjoyoed by both genders to its full extent by the way, its dark complex and all the characters have quite a number of traits)
Jul 17, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
That kiss... it was beautiful. I've read a little bit ahead in the manga a few days ago, that kiss had me shook when I read it lmao. Can't blame Vanitas though, Jeanne is top tier, but Vanitas is most certainly a jerk. A madlad and a jerk and also a very charismatic interesting individual.

Great episode! They cut out some not really important scenes, but I wish they would slow down a little. Episodes 1 and 2 were great pacing wise, but this episode definitely feels a little fast, I guess they wanted to end it on a higher note. Altus Paris do be looking sexy as fuck though.

We also finally meet Domi! She's great. The voice acting this episode was also really good, really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 17, 2021 7:33 AM

Mar 2014
Jeane reaction after being kissed by Vanitas is really cute and Domi is here, I thought she gonna appeared on the next ep but I'm really glad to see her more sooner
Jul 17, 2021 8:13 AM

Jun 2019
234Mannan said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Well the starting is basically the intro of the whole world and characters and nothing else for the most part.(In other words nothing major happens) The second half of the first cour and the 2nd cour as a whole is where things get rolling and the main story gets revealed.(Especially the 2nd half which will cover the first major arc of the series). It has alot of mystery and plot twists as well so what its missing is plot progression right now(Tbh i didnt really liked the starting of the story that much myself)
As for the kiss scene, it shows various aspects of vanitas character..he is dark and he actuaally doesnt have geniune affection for jeanne, its just amusing to him not to mention it peaks his curiousity.

I mean, I picked up on most of that already. The thing is, other anime follow the formula of introducing the world & characters before diving into the main story, but I was still able to get invested.

It probably will get better. However, it just isn’t clicking for me right now. Don’t worry, it isn’t bad enough for me to drop so I will at least finish the first cour.
Jul 17, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2020
That kiss, that kiss, that kiss
Jul 17, 2021 8:42 AM

Apr 2020
234Mannan said:
uenoyama said:
3 episodes of just introductions and no story progression and still recieving a positive reception...yeah..
Why do you care so much about plot progression? It is so much better like this.
Jul 17, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
Cathen99 said:
Eraser_stp said:

I don't think barely anyone has actually reacted the way you insinuate, so I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Either way, I might be one of the people you refer to since I said that I found the whole scene creepy. And while I don't agree with the people who's said otherwise, we all have different interpretations at the end of the day.
That kiss was still hot tho no matter how you look at it
Jul 17, 2021 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
234Mannan said:

I mean, I picked up on most of that already. The thing is, other anime follow the formula of introducing the world & characters before diving into the main story, but I was still able to get invested.

It probably will get better. However, it just isn’t clicking for me right now. Don’t worry, it isn’t bad enough for me to drop so I will at least finish the first cour.
I am really glad to hear that. The thing is jun works have a weak premise for the mot part but thats always intentional considering she likes fooling her readers and viewers alot. though most people end up dopping her series though... Glad that u will be sticking around though
Jul 17, 2021 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
Lusitania said:
234Mannan said:
Why do you care so much about plot progression? It is so much better like this.
I am actually Praising it. I wasnt expecting a good reception in the start considering the main story will begin after the next episode.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

» The Romance in this story... sucks. ( 1 2 )

AjiX101 - Jan 10, 2022

53 by tragedydesu »»
Mar 8, 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.