Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well regardless what you think of Shoutarou, he is a very determined person for his team.

This finale felt kinda ...idk underwhelming imo. Seems like the dust is settled and most the episode focused on the aftermath of their big performance. Overall, a fine show.
Jun 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR. Ao High scoring just 0.2 points of a difference against Shiro High, earning them 2nd place. Futaba and the Bishounens have done the best they could, but still earning them a place in the Inter-High. Shiro High will not yield easily to Ao High.

As promised, sending Futaba to the hospital to get his wrist treated, and his family forgave Coach Shusaku for the troubles caused, both in gladness and kindness that their son has found something that he likes to do.

The Senapis and Misato trying to tease the innocent Futaba as much as they can for their 2nd place placement, and it definitely took Futaba by happy surprise.

Overall, the amount of sacrifice that both members and Coach Shusaku have traded for each other during the lifespan of this show, it's not without vain of this long journey.

This anime is breath-takingly great, and wrapped up nicely for what it is meant to show.

Movie announced:
https://bakuten-movie.com/
https://twitter.com/bakuten_pr/status/1408099095617499142
KANLen09Jun 24, 2021 11:38 AM
Jun 24, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Thought main character's life as gymnast would be over, but actually not (injury not that bad).

Movie announced.
https://twitter.com/bakuten_pr/status/1408098843888062473
https://twitter.com/Shiba1103/status/1408098664749309958

tsubasaloverJun 24, 2021 11:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 24, 2021 11:06 AM

Jun 2019
Another underrated show for this season just ended. I enjoyed this show quite a lot. Too bad, our boys couldn't win the first place buy hey they came 2nd. That's great. Looks like they're looking forward to the Inter-High and our rivals are ready as well. Good to see there's nothing major going on with Shotaro's hand.

But overall, amazing show, great animation, and beautiful OST. Perfect for a sports anime. Great characters as well.
Jun 24, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
*sighs* First mashiro no oto and now THIS.
Are they trying to make losing the new trend?
Is it cliché to win now?

Really disappointing.
Jun 24, 2021 11:39 AM

Dec 2020
THEY MADE ITT THEY'RE IN THE INTER HIGH they placed 2nd place WOOOO :D when the senpai's were putting up a sad face as if they lost i just laughed bc it was obvious but ahh im so happy they made it. misato trying to go with the prank was cute too

the coach's words while they were walking was great, what a lad. his wife really changed him huh? would've loved to get a scene of the team meeting her too

last episode huh? this show ended. besides the great animation it was honestly really average, very cliche, a lot of the conflicts end in a "oh! we're fine its not a big deal :)" way but i liked the cast, i enjoyed it, definitely gonna miss this
Jun 24, 2021 11:41 AM

Apr 2018
Man so fucking close, just 200 points and they could have been number 1. I WAS SO HYPED FOR THIS EPISODE. But whatever, second place is also really good. This was a fun ride, I enjoyed every single episode. The CGI didn't bother me at all. The characters, soundtrack were so good. I'm literally in love with the OP song. Hopefully we'll get a second season from this. I really want to see them win the Inter-High. Shoutaru and Misato's convo in the car was really funny.
8/10 (the coach is my fav character)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Oct 2017
Cliche ending... but I love it all the same. I saw on some of the earlier posts that this is getting a movie, which is something to look forward to.
Jun 24, 2021 12:00 PM
Sep 2015
Good ending, though I can't help feeling that they'll definitely lose in Interhigh because they'll choose easier choreograph in concern of Shotaro's injury. And even if they go all out it's still not guaranteed as the competition is much higher. Looking for something like Best Four or Best Eight position instead (even runner-up seems hard).

But do we know for real that the movie is a sequel and not a recap of the anime?

Anyway, I need more manservice. This anime has nice boys, the only thing left is to put them on action on each other!
Jun 24, 2021 12:02 PM

Oct 2009
Second season. Please. I need to have more of these boys. Need to have more of such heartful handling of emotions and motivation. Need to have more of these beautiful sceneries and locations and lighting.

I suppose a movie's better than nothing.... for now. It's a reach for more, at any rate.
Jun 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
Favorite anime this season! Bit disappointed with second place but considering that Shotaro was injured probably best case scenario. And they made it to the Inter High and really that's all that matters! Just saw this is getting a movie. I am so glad it's not just ending although I was really hoping for a second season!
Jun 24, 2021 12:25 PM
Nov 2020
I knew they were gonna surprise Shotaro but they made my baby cry 😹
Shusaku was able to see his dream come true through his students. ❣️❣️
If Futaba didn't get the chance to perform he would have regretted that more than competing and losing. Sorry Misato but Futaba was the real ace today. Even Mashiro acknowledged him.
Can't wait to see Ao High performing in the Inter-High.
Jun 24, 2021 12:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
2nd place is pretty good but too bad MC won't be able to train for 1 month because of his injury, I suppose the story will continue during the movie that's pretty good, it was a nine original anime, I once again discovered a new sport in details xD
Jun 24, 2021 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
Well done and enjoyable season. But still pretty generic, let's what gonna happen in Inter-High in the future. 7/10

Jun 24, 2021 1:01 PM
May 2020
Loved this show! The feels, the funny and unique characters and the beautiful competition scenes. I wanted just a bit more out of it, but am still happy overall. Solid 7.
Jun 24, 2021 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
I was afraid of this episode airing, but it happened anyway. Now, this is anime over. (┬┬﹏┬┬)

For a moment, I thought this episode was about to repeat the performance, but of course the director wouldn't do that. Instead, we got characters' reactions and commentary. I like how that happened this episode and not the last one because we needed to see Ao Kou perform without interruptions last episode.

Oh, Mashiro was worried! How cute!

I kind of wish Mashiro, Futaba and Misato had a scene together. They are my cute little poly amorous ship. lol Now, I am left with the desire to see them reunite, which makes me hope for a second season. Though, I don't think we'll be getting one. Sadly.

I wanna give this a 7.5/10, but the option doesn't exist, so I have to go with 7/10.

I had been thinking of how amazing and real Futaba sounds compared to other anime characters even though his voice actor doesn't have a lot of roles. Well, I looked up the seiyuu, and it seems he is a live action actor. That explains why he's so much better. He has acted with his whole body all this time, so obviously he's going sound a lot more real. (I wish we had more anime leads voiced by drama actors and/or stage actors.)

The anime had a very basic story that I wouldn't have cared about, but the director made me care about it. Now, I wonder what the director can do when they actually have a stronger story.

Edit: I just saw the film sequel announcement!! Oh my god!!! I am so happy!!! I get to see more of Futaba, and the adorable little polar bear: Mashiro!!!
Jun 24, 2021 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
This last episode was way too weak, but the whole anime overall was great. Definitely one of my favorite shows of the season.
Jun 24, 2021 2:05 PM

Sep 2019
I really liked this episode. It was so cute when he thought they couldn’t make it but then his friends said that they ended up being 2nd. It must’ve been a great moment for him.
Jun 24, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2020
This is the last episode huh? I'm gonna miss this series.

Overall I really enjoyed this anime. I really liked the character development in this show.
The art-style is one of the best in this anime, it's so smooth except for the CG. The CG wasn't really that bad. It's good.
Jun 24, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 2013
YukiTsubaki said:
Is it cliché to win now?

Really disappointing.

For Mashiro no oto it made 10000% sense for Setsu to lose, he is still in a rough phase of finding his sound and his performance was incredibly disjointed. its not a new trend, its how writing goes.

the same goes for Bakuten. While I loved the performance of our boys i thought shiro high was better. they were the champions after all and had a flawless performance, meanwhile ao high had some minor slips apparently. plus if they win now there will be no looking forward to the next competition, every sports anime does this. also personally i wouldnt necessarily call that a loss since it was all about advancing to the next round after all and they did.
Jun 24, 2021 4:40 PM

Jan 2011
Mika-taicho said:
YukiTsubaki said:
Is it cliché to win now?

Really disappointing.

For Mashiro no oto it made 10000% sense for Setsu to lose, he is still in a rough phase of finding his sound and his performance was incredibly disjointed. its not a new trend, its how writing goes.

the same goes for Bakuten. While I loved the performance of our boys i thought shiro high was better. they were the champions after all and had a flawless performance, meanwhile ao high had some minor slips apparently. plus if they win now there will be no looking forward to the next competition, every sports anime does this. also personally i wouldnt necessarily call that a loss since it was all about advancing to the next round after all and they did.

Even if it made sense, doesn't mean I'm happy about it. Yes, there are many sports anime where the MC loses, which I don't usually mind if it's a long series.

But with a short series like this, which usually do not get sequels, it was nothing but a disappointment for me. That includes him getting an injury, which is another cliché development. And I doubt the movie will do any justice.

No, second place is just that, second place. Rather, for them to be so satisfied with just advancing to the next round and not taking first place, made me hate this even more.

Well, this is just my personal opinion, so no need to agree with me. It just means that this anime wasn't for me.
Jun 24, 2021 6:01 PM
Apr 2016
bakuten!! is one of my fav animes of this season and I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end, though this last episode left a bitter aftertaste. honestly I don't like how sports anime make a trend now of the main characters coming second, it's not fair, there's always wins and losses, not always only one or other. I'm glad it's getting a movie soon, I really want to see them going to nationals and winning for once! but overall it was one of the most underrated masterpieces of this year.
Jun 24, 2021 6:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, right, i almost forget the clicheness, its a second place! To be honestly, i feel like everything comes to perfect. But, as they already said, its still not a 100% performance. So, thats answered why they need to do a movie sequel, moreover with Shoutaro injury that reach a relieving situations. Its make more sense, and never expect them to be this responsible making the story more sustainable, and continue until the end of their soaring. The coach also did a good job explaining all of his feeling toward those intensed situations. The rival also done their job pretty well enough to bring another competition into another. Inter High, here they go!

After all, i am really looking forward to see the movie continuation. A good sport show really need a better closed happy ending, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2021 7:59 PM
Apr 2019
I miss them already 😥😥

I'm convinced that Watari is just Levi reincarnated, which would explain his fears about raids

Misato is just Ash Lynx and Eiji Okumura in a blender

Overall, aside from the heavy-handed sky/flying metaphors, this series has been cute and enjoyable with many genuinely funny moments, and a top-notch voice cast.
Jun 24, 2021 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
As expected, our boys couldn't beat Shiro High but their equally impressive performance still gave them the chance to reach second place. Congratulations to them!

Honestly, the surprise of the season for me. Spokon anime with a standard premise and characters yet at the same time, featuring an excellent sense of directing and OST. Saying there was passion behind this project would be quite the understatement.
Main cast was quite nice as well. Despite their personalities being kinda generic in most of the cases, I ended up loving this group of guys. Their chemistry was quite enjoyable to see and I simply loved how supportive to each other they always were. Coach Shida being easily my favorite character in the series. Such a shame the boys never met his wife tho xD

8/10 - Looking forward to the sequel movie now.
Jun 24, 2021 11:58 PM

Oct 2016
Really didn't expect this show to be so good when I first saw it. Honestly can't say anything that bad about the show, it's a damn near perfect sports anime. I'd say it's almost as good as Haikyuu. I was already expecting a sequel, but I didn't expect it to be a movie, let's fucking go. Can they go even further beyond the quality of the show with the movie? Really looking forward to the movie, it'll most likely be a year wait though. 8.5/10 ~ 8/10
Jun 25, 2021 7:13 AM

Jun 2020
If the anime already looked this good, the movie is going to be beautiful for sure!!!!!!♡

This is not that kinda sports anime.....I think people are missing the point a little.....it’s not about whether they qualified 1st or 2nd lol......I think it’s clear the whole point was that they still managed to compete together & how important it was to them to see it all the way thru, and how Shoutarou has truly found his place & his people♡

So looking forward to the movie!!!! Not sure how much character development they can fit into it but I have high hopes.

Kuroyanagi Toshimasa really didn’t disappoint. I loved his work so much with Fune wo Amu & now Bakuten!! moved me greatly this season.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 25, 2021 8:19 AM
Mar 2019
a good sport anime i want to see more in film an future possible other season
Jun 25, 2021 1:30 PM

Mar 2017
The only thing that hurts more than this being the finale is the fact that this beautiful, sweet and uplifting anime has just completely flown under the radar this season.
All the characters were lovable, charming in their own individual ways and no one character stood out more than the next and to me, that's the thing that shone more than the focal sport of the anime. Having said that, the animation and metaphoric scenes of gymnastics were just gorgeous.

The finale was just as perfect as the rest of the season and it set up brilliantly for the confirmed movie! I absolutely loved the scene where they made out that they didn't maintain 2nd place... although it was pretty wicked to trick precious boy like that haha It was really adorable how much Misato struggled keeping the truth from Shotaro too 😂
Jun 26, 2021 8:25 AM

Oct 2008
2nd place huh...not bad...will wait for the movie according to twitter not a sequel but movie.
4/5.
7/10.

Jun 26, 2021 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
For me, this show was not only something different among the sports genre, it was also a visual treat! The animation was simply amazing and the CG was GOOD.

Well, we also had Taizou Samurai just recently, about gymnastics but Bakuten, imo, takes the cake. Characters were rich, the rivals were also rich and definitely not annoying, they were fun dudes overall and actually aknowledged our main characters and didn't look down on them, they had a healthy rivalry going on there, really nice indeed. I also want to talk about the 2 main characters of this show, Shoutarou basically found love at first sight with rythmic gymnastics, found himself a dream, and pursued it with all he had, even though it was not easy to overcome certain obstacles in front of him, little by little he managed to overcome everything and take steps further. Ryouya came as an empty shell with no emotions due to past situations in his life, but also evolved and managed to get out of that shell and open up to everyone and trusting them by the end of the season. So yeah, character development at its finest here!

8/10, cant wait for the movie!
WaterLordJun 27, 2021 8:22 PM
Jun 29, 2021 4:35 AM
Oct 2020
6.5/10 from me. It was fine I'd say.
CGI wasnt bad. Animation was good. Cute characters. Okay story and ending. Still,

this kind of sports series is better with 24 ep to introduce and build up more rivals(rival teams) and make better characterizations, I believe.

I might check out the movie if it is a sequal.

Jul 3, 2021 5:26 AM

Dec 2016
Honestly, when Futaba said “We're just second place again” it really annoyed me...you're just a newbie and for a newbie to even place 2nd is like a dream come true...also you were injured. If I was in your place I would be really proud of myself for being able to pull it off with an injured hand.

They wanted to surprise Futaba but no matter how you look at it Misato sucks at hiding XD If it was me I would be the one pretending to be surprised...

They still didn't get to meet Shusaku's wife...I guess they might meet her in the new movie.

Anyway, it was good but not the best sports anime of this season. The animation, the cgi and the music when they were performing was ok, it wasn't good but not bad either. I wish they used another music in the competition. The same music everytime they performed was boring. I hope they use a different music in the Inter-High. But in general I liked the OST.

If I compared Bakuten with Taisou Zamurai which is also about gymnastics then Taisou Zamurai was quite better than Bakuten.

Overall 7/10
Sep 26, 2021 9:40 AM

Nov 2013
i dnot know why but after i fell in love with this on the fisrt episode i kinda lost it... it was a good finale but the story in general wasnt amazing and why coulndt he do the training like standing on one leg? he doesnt need his hand for that and hell practice his balance and stuff
May 1, 2022 12:27 AM

May 2020
And they maintain their second spot to advance onto the Inter- High Tournament. Thought it was a bit thoughtless of them to pull a prank like that on Futaba, especially since he was already beating himself over their potential failure. Misato's face during the reveal was hilarious though.

Overall, this was a solid show. The characters were basic but had enough heart and their interactions were entertaining (at least in the beginning anyway. It got a little too saccharine towards the end.) The animation and the soundtrack were the real standout features of this anime.
May 21, 2022 12:33 AM

Dec 2013
Wow they made it to the interhigh! However, Shotaro will not be able to practice for a month. I wonder how they will perform at interhigh.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 11, 2022 3:05 PM
Apr 2021
A decent season finale to a decent season of anime. Some stand out moments in atmosphere, camera angles, lighting, and choreography. The characters were good, some added depth given in episode 7 and 8, and the humour was often emphasised by the animation.

Good overall though I doubt I will be returning to rewatch.
Jan 4, 2023 7:40 PM
Jul 2021
I was hoping they could have met their coach wife in the end but still didn't lol, I would love to see their reaction
Apr 6, 2023 8:30 AM
Apr 2020
IT'S SO GOOD! WISHING FOR THEIR LUCK😭 THOUGH IT ENDED THAT WAY...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2021

34 by Sully_0 »»
Apr 27, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

29 by HAWARINA09 »»
Jun 8, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

56 by Akiraroyt »»
Apr 6, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

90 by sassichan »»
Jan 29, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2021

30 by tsardixon »»
Sep 11, 2022 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.